ImageImageImage

Miami offseason in review on the trade board

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,533

Miami offseason in review on the trade board 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm

I just wanted to stop in and invite you all to check out the Miami Offseason in Review on the trade board:
Miami Grades ranged from a B- all the way down to a D+. In between there was a C+, a C and a C-. In contrast, win predictions were tightly clustered with two at 41, one at the midpoint of 42, and two at 43.

It is part of a series of reviews we do https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1602893 with Miami being the 8th posted so far (Boston/Philly/Nets/Toronto/Knicks/Orlando/Charlotte)

And for those interested in track record, the TnT board did this the past two years before this one (but with different posters in 2015 in particular):
2016-- https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1467870 (I gave that offseason an A)
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,201

Re: Miami offseason in review on the trade board 

Post#2 » by BBallFreak » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 pm

Yeah guys, seriously, you'll want to check it out. It's an honest look at the team from impartial posters, not looking to slam the Heat. I highly recommend the read, and not just because I'm a contributor. OK, mainly because I'm a contributor :D
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,533

Post#3 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:31 am

BBallFreak wrote:Yeah guys, seriously, you'll want to check it out. It's an honest look at the team from impartial posters, not looking to slam the Heat. I highly recommend the read, and not just because I'm a contributor. OK, mainly because I'm a contributor :D

Past years we have had a fan of the team do a review, and the win predictions show a 5-10 game jump. It is great (and rare) when you have a local guy who doesn't inherently have an add 5 wins because I love them perspective.

But yeah, Miami offseason I think is controversial just because there is a hope that Miami can be a superstar team. But I would be curious to see more Miami fans weigh in on how they feel about the big moves:

1) Waiters/JJ/Olynyk contracts
2) Drafting Bam
3) Trading McRoberts to keep Ellington
4) Other?

I went:
1) Negative in general but okay on Olynyk
2) Sure? High risk profile unlikely to play a lot soon but the type of swing I love to see them take
3) Expensive so meh
4) No idea here. I wouldn't trade TJ for instance....
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#4 » by gom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:09 am

After reading the reviews it is clear that fans of other teams don't seem to understand we aren't contending this year. We aren't building a "superstar" team. Everyone seems conditioned that because of our previous success, we should sacrifice all our future picks and young players to hire win-now talent. There are other ways of getting it done. This year we're exhaling.

Yes, I want to win every game but I'll be happy if we make the playoffs. Our goal should be to develop our young players, build value in our established players like Waiters, Tyler Johnson, and James Johnson, and look for incremental improvements. If we do that, the contracts we signed this year will look a lot better.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat