ImageImageImage

OT?: Bulls reach buyout agreement with Dwyane Wade

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Re: OT?: Bulls reach buyout agreement with Dwyane Wade 

Post#61 » by contract » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 am

Durrrtysouth wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:F*ck Wade and his C*nt wife who I know persuaded him to play with his boyfriend. No reason to ring chase with a guy who left you high and dry. Go and help your other boy Melo win a ring. I don't give a rats ass how many rings the guy help Miami get, he is a bitch for doing this.

P.S. I am almost tempted to burn my Bad Boys 2 blu ray because that whore is in it.

Wow man, totally uncool and disrespectful. Wade's basketball decisions should not warrant these kind of words towards his wife.

It's all business ... until it's personal.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#62 » by Rastas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:50 am

Hmmm - could 'Wolfy1983' be Pat's RealGM account
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#63 » by Hoops23 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:50 am

Cant blame Wade. Previous reports says Miami will only sign Wade if he accept a bench role.
Maybe Wade doesn't want to come of the bench. He maybe want another ring. He doesn't want to play for the Heat again coz of his ego. I think his decision is personal
contract
RealGM

Post#64 » by contract » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:59 am

Rastas wrote:Hmmm - could 'Wolfy1983' be Pat's RealGM account

I don't think Pat is losing any sleep.
contract
RealGM

Post#65 » by contract » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 am

krikor wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Should have joined the warriors. Then again, the Warriors did pick up Nick Young. Idk how those minutes would have been allocated. But barring a surprise injury, that'll be another loss on Wade's finals record.

Warriors did not want him, they have klay thompson and nick young.

According to Shams they did. No telling in what bench role though.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#66 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:56 pm

From a non-HEAT fan, stand point, I'm ok with this. He gets to go for one more Run w/ LeBron. LeBron left Cleveland to team up with Wade and now Wade returns the favor. LBJ needed another scorer and someone to get him easy baskets. Wade has always been an underrated passer and playmaker. I think Cleveland still falls short but it helps them ensure they go to the Finals on more time.

From Heat stand point, I'm ok with this move as well. This allows this team to grow and show if we were the 11-33 team or the 33-11 team. One of the Ty Johnson/Richardson/Dion will be the odd man out next year and this gives us a full year to see who needs to be moved. Next year, once LBJ leaves Cleveland, Wade will return to play for a final season with UD and it will be a magical season and from basketball stand point, will give Riley a band aide for when he moves on the pieces that didn't fit.
contract
RealGM

Post#67 » by contract » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:10 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:From a non-HEAT fan, stand point, I'm ok with this.

:confused:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,175

Post#68 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:46 pm

The important thing to remember it that this is all Iggy's fault.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#69 » by Wolfy1983 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Rastas wrote:Hmmm - could 'Wolfy1983' be Pat's RealGM account

Siohvaughn Wade hacked my account yesterday.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
HeatFanDan
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,727

Post#70 » by HeatFanDan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Wolfy1983 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:F*ck Wade and his C*nt wife who I know persuaded him to play with his boyfriend. No reason to ring chase with a guy who left you high and dry. Go and help your other boy Melo win a ring. I don't give a rats ass how many rings the guy help Miami get, he is a bitch for doing this.

P.S. I am almost tempted to burn my Bad Boys 2 blu ray because that whore is in it.

High and dry would be Pat who felt a two year 50 mil deal was too much when that’s what Wades market value was. Both sides went a different direction. I don’t understand why you personally feel so butt hurt here. Do you really believe we are are family? If so you fell for that lie, and then rightfully should be mad at the person feeding you those lies. Either way that person is not Wade.

Dude, stop acting like the Bulls offered him 20, 30 million dollars more. It was a 7 million dollar difference. Go burn your Heat jersey and go buy a Cleveland one.

This team was nothing before Pat Riley arrived. Without Wade,Lebron and Bosh, the Heat still have a irespectable team that can get the 3rd or fourth seed in the East. All that due to Pat Riley. Some so-called Heat fans really starting to show their true colors here.

I am suppose to wish him luck in Cleveland...are you serious? Oh and you wanna talk about salary? He is turning down more money playing here so what do you have to say about that? He is a bitch.

Lol @ "the Heat still have a irespectable team...".
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by Wolfy1983 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 pm

HeatFanDan wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
High and dry would be Pat who felt a two year 50 mil deal was too much when that’s what Wades market value was. Both sides went a different direction. I don’t understand why you personally feel so butt hurt here. Do you really believe we are are family? If so you fell for that lie, and then rightfully should be mad at the person feeding you those lies. Either way that person is not Wade.

Dude, stop acting like the Bulls offered him 20, 30 million dollars more. It was a 7 million dollar difference. Go burn your Heat jersey and go buy a Cleveland one.

This team was nothing before Pat Riley arrived. Without Wade,Lebron and Bosh, the Heat still have a irespectable team that can get the 3rd or fourth seed in the East. All that due to Pat Riley. Some so-called Heat fans really starting to show their true colors here.

I am suppose to wish him luck in Cleveland...are you serious? Oh and you wanna talk about salary? He is turning down more money playing here so what do you have to say about that? He is a bitch.

Lol @ "the Heat still have a irespectable team...".

F-U Dan 8-)
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,927

Post#72 » by tundraknight » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:12 am

shanedude wrote:dang

Wade has my permission to go anywhere. Except Cleveland. Phuckkkk that.

Well I'm sure Cavs fans felt the same way when Lebron first joined the Heat.

Only it was probably way worse for Cavs fans because Lebron was actually in his prime when he joined the Heat, while Wade is almost all washed up now.

Bottom line is these two guys are best friends and love playing together.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#73 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 am

tundraknight wrote:

Only it was probably way worse for Cavs fans because Lebron was actually in his prime when he joined the Heat, while Wade is almost all washed up now.

I despise Wade for making this decision, but how exactly is a guy averaging 18 PPG considered washed up?
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,927

Post#74 » by tundraknight » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 am

Wolfy1983 wrote:
tundraknight wrote:

I despise Wade for making this decision, but how exactly is a guy averaging 18 PPG considered washed up?

I said he's almost washed up. He's not completely washed up just yet. He can still score and make plays. He's just doesn't have the energy he used to have. He's not as fast as he used to be. He's not athletic as he used to be. He's not good on defense like he used to be. Etc. etc. He'll be on life support to help try and extend his career like the Spurs did with Duncan and Ginobili.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#75 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:11 am

Read on Twitter

Is it me or that "New Year New Team" actually sounds sad lol smh sounds like the Paul Pierce route :nonono: :oops:
:hug:
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#76 » by Chalm Down » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:31 am

I wonder if Lue will stagger LeBron and Wade's minutes a bit...I think Wade running that second unit (maybe with Love) could be a good role for him
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#77 » by BFRESH44 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 am

Some Heat fans lobbied Wade on Twitter to come back to Miami after he got his buyout from the Bulls this week, and former teammates like Udonis Haslem, Hassan Whiteside and Goran Dragic also said they wanted him back.

Wade said it was flattering.

"To be in this position, to be in this league so long and to have fans wanting you to be part of their team -- I mean, we all want to be wanted -- I can't even explain what that means," Wade said. "I really looked at their team and where could I fit in and what could my role be and would I be happy with that role."

Miami has plenty of shooting guards: Dion Waiters is the presumed starter, and Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, Rodney McGruder and Wayne Ellington all will see time at that spot for the Heat.

Wade looked at Miami's depth at that position and realized the fit wouldn't be ideal. Plus, the Heat were able to bring back most everyone from a team that went 30-11 in the second half of last season and Wade thought he could get in the way.

"Honestly, I didn't feel they needed me there," Wade said. "I feel that those guys are in a good place. They deserve to come back this year and see what that 30-11 was about. They don't need me there over their shoulder or anything like that. That's kind of how I approached it."

There is a bit of irony in how the schedule works out.

When he was with the Bulls last season, Chicago played at Miami only once -- one of the schedule quirks that has some Eastern Conference teams playing each other three times instead of the more customary four. The same thing happens this season in the Heat-Cavaliers series, with Cleveland coming to Miami one time only.

"Last year, honestly, I could only take coming back that once," Wade said. "It worked out for the better last year. It was the weirdest game I ever played in my life."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20843746/dwyane-wade-hopes-one-day-retire-miami-heat
ccameron
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,380

Post#78 » by ccameron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:31 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
Some Heat fans lobbied Wade on Twitter to come back to Miami after he got his buyout from the Bulls this week, and former teammates like Udonis Haslem, Hassan Whiteside and Goran Dragic also said they wanted him back.

Wade said it was flattering.

"To be in this position, to be in this league so long and to have fans wanting you to be part of their team -- I mean, we all want to be wanted -- I can't even explain what that means," Wade said. "I really looked at their team and where could I fit in and what could my role be and would I be happy with that role."

Miami has plenty of shooting guards: Dion Waiters is the presumed starter, and Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, Rodney McGruder and Wayne Ellington all will see time at that spot for the Heat.

Wade looked at Miami's depth at that position and realized the fit wouldn't be ideal. Plus, the Heat were able to bring back most everyone from a team that went 30-11 in the second half of last season and Wade thought he could get in the way.

"Honestly, I didn't feel they needed me there," Wade said. "I feel that those guys are in a good place. They deserve to come back this year and see what that 30-11 was about. They don't need me there over their shoulder or anything like that. That's kind of how I approached it."

There is a bit of irony in how the schedule works out.

When he was with the Bulls last season, Chicago played at Miami only once -- one of the schedule quirks that has some Eastern Conference teams playing each other three times instead of the more customary four. The same thing happens this season in the Heat-Cavaliers series, with Cleveland coming to Miami one time only.

"Last year, honestly, I could only take coming back that once," Wade said. "It worked out for the better last year. It was the weirdest game I ever played in my life."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20843746/dwyane-wade-hopes-one-day-retire-miami-heat

This is why I'm ok with this. As much as I love Wade, and as much as it would feel great to have him back, I have to admit I'm not sure where he fits with all of the guards we have. As much as UD, Goran, and everybody tried to get him here, I think they all knew that, too, and this is for the best. The Heat get to see if that second half of the season really was a fluke or not. And Wade adds more to the Cavs than to the Heat, with a chance to help a contender. I think this works out for everybody.

I'm not sure why everyone hates Cleveland at this point. I get people may have hated Lebron for leaving, but that was a long time ago and I hope, like Riley, everybody can see by now why he did it. I have absolutely zero hate for the Cavs or for Lebron leaving to go back to the Cavs (although I have never forgiven Lebron for the 2011 finals).

Bottom-line is yeah the breakup with Wade was messy on both sides last year and it's unfortunate we're in this sistuation, but this latest move is really what made the most sense for everybody at this time -- Heat, Cavs, and Bulls.

I do hope though that he doesn't stay for more than a year and comes back to Miami next year. I would prefer that he play some meaningful minutes with the Heat rather than just a 1 day contract before he retires.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:33 pm

^ :roll:
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#80 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm

heh
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.

Return to Miami Heat