ImageImageImage

Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SpoSucks
Junior
And1: 1,262

Re: RE: Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#1941 » by SpoSucks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Zasterror wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
Here is the sad reality fans don't won't to admit. Wade is a bit player now. His contribution has been practically nothing. Retire please after this year. Take whatever glory you can get, but please don't to try steal what isn't yours and is beyond your abilities now.

I hope this is his last year. He's been great so far. I've had enough.

Huh?
Don't worry, he's a stable genius

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's really not that hard to understand once you let go of your attachment. Everybody ages. Wade hasn't shot the ball well since about 2014 or 2015, he's visibly slower and Sp_ allows him to much freedom. Unlike many others, I like this team for now and the in the future. I'm happy with what Riley and Spoelstra are putting together. Similar in many ways to what Toronto is doing. When you're in the Eastern Conference that's good enough for me. So, next year I want to see development of those players growing and improving, not regressing.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,446

Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#1942 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:36 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Winslow looking better lately. Looks more composed driving, finishing much better. Making shots also starting to open driving lanes a bit. Handle looks better then ever, looking Hardenesq in the P&R, He can drive and kick or drive and finish. Next step will be to drive and pull up for a jumper.

Keep working young fella, only way is up.

Would do things for him to develop a pull-up 3 but that's out of the scope of view rn.

The things that Wade does extremely well are areas Justise could really learn from. For example, taking hits and finishing at the basket. Having a great handle is paramount to getting good shots at the basket (another Wade strength), and will certainly contribute to better finishes.

Pull up 3 seems far fetched right now, but I really believe he's close to a pull up mid range jumper.

He's starting to play aggressive looking for space for drives, the more he does that the more defender will sag - which will give him good looks for jumpers. He's an underrated passer - sees the floor well when defenders focus on him.

Just want him to be aggressive with the ball, drive hard, get to the line, kick out if needed, take some jumpers when feeling hot. Don't hold back too much.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,505

Post#1943 » by Bishop45 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:20 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Would do things for him to develop a pull-up 3 but that's out of the scope of view rn.

The things that Wade does extremely well are areas Justise could really learn from. For example, taking hits and finishing at the basket. Having a great handle is paramount to getting good shots at the basket (another Wade strength), and will certainly contribute to better finishes.

Pull up 3 seems far fetched right now, but I really believe he's close to a pull up mid range jumper.

He's starting to play aggressive looking for space for drives, the more he does that the more defender will sag - which will give him good looks for jumpers. He's an underrated passer - sees the floor well when defenders focus on him.

Just want him to be aggressive with the ball, drive hard, get to the line, kick out if needed, take some jumpers when feeling hot. Don't hold back too much.

Idk if I'd want him attempting too many pull up 2's, would be too easy to bate him into shooting too many. It's already not an efficient shot, wouldn't want that as a learning curve for him. Pull-up 3's, floaters and drives would maximize spacing for a legit PnR game. Defenders would be more likely to play him at the perimeter if he had a pull-up 3, much less of a chance that he gets as much respect from mid-range. That's why I'd love if Rich could develop a pull-up 3

Think that would help them get respect from defenses and maybe get to the line some more. Justise has a handle and some sz, should be getting to the line more but him not shooting doesn't help either
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#1944 » by Zasterror » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 am

SpoSucks wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
Zasterror wrote:

Huh?
Don't worry, he's a stable genius

It's really not that hard to understand once you let go of your attachment. Everybody ages. Wade hasn't shot the ball well since about 2014 or 2015, he's visibly slower and Sp_ allows him to much freedom. Unlike many others, I like this team for now and the in the future. I'm happy with what Riley and Spoelstra are putting together. Similar in many ways to what Toronto is doing. When you're in the Eastern Conference that's good enough for me. So, next year I want to see development of those players growing and improving, not regressing.

You do realize that Wade's mere presence has elevated the game of those growing players you are referring to (TJ, Winslow, JRich)?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#1945 » by Wiltside » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 am

Would be nice if next Winslow can get his FT% up to 75 or so. Would make his paint attack’s a bit more fruitful.

Very glad he’s trending in the right direction though.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,441

Post#1946 » by MartyConlonJr » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:18 pm

It's amazing to think that if we had been only 1 possession better in a few games we would be 41-26 and 5th best in the league. I'm looking at the Wizards, Pelicans and TWolves OT losses and the 1 point losses to Sacramento and Denver. Add in two point losses to Philly, Orlando and Cleveland and we could be 43-24.

It's one of the reasons Whiteside kills me when he has the "I can't be bothered running the offense and I haven't taken a shot in a while so I'll just take one" contested shots - our margin of error is so little some times
SpoSucks
Junior
And1: 1,262

Post#1947 » by SpoSucks » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Zasterror wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Don't worry, he's a stable genius

You do realize that Wade's mere presence has elevated the game of those growing players you are referring to (TJ, Winslow, JRich)?

No, I certainly don't realize something I don't believe to be true. Sure, the HEAT got a nice psychological boost from Wade rejoining. I'm happy he's here and am glad the team is energized but I'm not about to give him credit for something he doesn't deserve. He's not putting the ball in the basket for those players. It's they who deserve the credit for that. Sp_ also has to be given some credit as well since there have been some changes to the offense. After the last game, Dragic mentioned that the players were getting better shots because the pace was better. I went and looked at a few stats and it appears he's correct. Pre AS game they were 28th in pace and after they are up to 13th. Small sample size but something has clearly been changed. Their pace was so awful before that they were always playing against a set defense which is so much harder to score against. This pace is incidentally almost the same pace that they played at last year during the 30-11 streak. I'll give credit to Sp_ for changing but ask why it took so long to change? Regardless, the offense looks much better and they are now up to 20th in the league in ORTG, a vast improvement.
fouled out boy
Junior
And1: 1,779

Post#1948 » by fouled out boy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:01 pm

I was wondering the same about the pace but was too lazy to check advanced stats. Thanks)
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#1949 » by Hallstar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 am

SpoSucks wrote:
Zasterror wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:

No, I certainly don't realize something I don't believe to be true. Sure, the HEAT got a nice psychological boost from Wade rejoining. I'm happy he's here and am glad the team is energized but I'm not about to give him credit for something he doesn't deserve. He's not putting the ball in the basket for those players. It's they who deserve the credit for that. Sp_ also has to be given some credit as well since there have been some changes to the offense. After the last game, Dragic mentioned that the players were getting better shots because the pace was better. I went and looked at a few stats and it appears he's correct. Pre AS game they were 28th in pace and after they are up to 13th. Small sample size but something has clearly been changed. Their pace was so awful before that they were always playing against a set defense which is so much harder to score against. This pace is incidentally almost the same pace that they played at last year during the 30-11 streak. I'll give credit to Sp_ for changing but ask why it took so long to change? Regardless, the offense looks much better and they are now up to 20th in the league in ORTG, a vast improvement.

Winslow just happens to magically play better when Wade's around......and Waiters got credit for the streak last year, got paid handsomely for his 15-20 good games in the season.

Somebody seems to be messing up somewhere upstairs.

But you would believe in bigfoot if you heard we would get a meeting in the Summer.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1950 » by radikalBaller » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:02 pm

That is the most encouraged I have been with Winslow play, just loved the confidence with which he was attacking the rim and converting his layups, what a turnaround !

Keep it going and working on it Justise, this newfound offensive game will help the team so much !
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1951 » by radikalBaller » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm

His shown progress, was actually bogger than losing the game...
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,998

Post#1952 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Zasterror wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Don't worry, he's a stable genius

just ask yourself how many games he is going to miss next year because of injuries?
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#1953 » by Hallstar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:42 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
Zasterror wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:

just ask yourself how many games he is going to miss next year because of injuries?
I think the man that got paid for 15 good games last year would be the bigger concern

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,446

Post#1954 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm

I wonder if someone still thinks we need Dion.

Let's say we could (we can't) trade him for nothing but cap space - how many would pull the trigger.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,994

Post#1955 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:I wonder if someone still thinks we need Dion.

Let's say we could (we can't) trade him for nothing but cap space - how many would pull the trigger.

Would be nice to be able to cut a guy and move on.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,505

Post#1956 » by Bishop45 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 am

Not sure I would pull before giving him another szn
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#1957 » by delanka » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 pm

GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#1958 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:58 am

Season coming down the stretch, how do you rate this off-season?

James Johnson: D, to much and he regressed
Dion Waiters: C/ Incomplete
Kelly: D, Contract a bit high for caliber
JRich: B, Deal fits and easily part of package
Bam: A, didn’t expect him to be this good
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,260

Post#1959 » by twix2500 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:04 am

Didnt watch the past two games. But what happened to the Heats defense? Its been garbage the past two games. 115 pts and 113 pts in four quarters in both games. That is horrible. Someone please explain.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,994

Post#1960 » by DayofMourning » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:23 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:Season coming down the stretch, how do you rate this off-season?

James Johnson: D, to much and he regressed F-he's been a turd after being such an impact player last year. Got his money. Good for him.
Dion Waiters: C/ Incomplete F-I never liked him, but it was sure fun to play into all the hype last year. His decision to delay surgery was thoughtless. Made me think less of everyone involved that this dummy was in charge of his own health at such a salary.
Kelly: D, Contract a bit high for caliber C-He needs to be taking and making more shots. Has a lot of offensive game and needs to be counted on for more buckets.
JRich: B, Deal fits and easily part of package B-Has done a great job at turning things around after a recovery year.
Has progressed as the year has gone on. Gives me a lot of hope for his future.

Bam: A, didn’t expect him to be this good B-Has been much more necessary than I expected. His ability to fill the minutes vacated consistently by Hassan has been valuable.

Comments in red.

Return to Miami Heat