ImageImageImage

Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,925

Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#1961 » by dshearn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Morning All,

After last night I don't know if i need scotch or coffee this morning.

I would really love to hear that we sent Winslow to jumping school...if the guy had another inch of elevation maybe he would get all this layups to fall...
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Post#1962 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:52 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
GameTime_3 wrote:Season coming down the stretch, how do you rate this off-season?

James Johnson: D, to much and he regressed F-he's been a turd after being such an impact player last year. Got his money. Good for him.
Dion Waiters: C/ Incomplete F-I never liked him, but it was sure fun to play into all the hype last year. His decision to delay surgery was thoughtless. Made me think less of everyone involved that this dummy was in charge of his own health at such a salary.
Kelly: D, Contract a bit high for caliber C-He needs to be taking and making more shots. Has a lot of offensive game and needs to be counted on for more buckets.
JRich: B, Deal fits and easily part of package B-Has done a great job at turning things around after a recovery year.
Has progressed as the year has gone on. Gives me a lot of hope for his future.

Bam: A, didn’t expect him to be this good B-Has been much more necessary than I expected. His ability to fill the minutes vacated consistently by Hassan has been valuable.

Comments in red.
nothing to add there but i think that mion could be helpful when wade is out or in need of resting
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#1963 » by somerandomdude » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:01 pm

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/03/15/heat-wayne-ellington-set-franchise-records-on-3-point-attempts-in-loss-to-kings-did-they-shoot-too-many/
Wayne Ellington’s 17 3-point attempts also was a franchise mark.

Miami is averaging 30.7 threes a game and is on pace to smash the franchise record of 26.9 set last season. With 13 games remaining, Ellington needs 36 to break Damon Jones’ franchise record of 225 in a season set in 2004-05 and 100 attempts to surpass Tim Hardaway’s mark of 590 in a season set in 1996-97.

That means Ellington must average 2.8 makes, which is just below his season average of 3.0, and 7.7 attempts, which is his season average
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,925

Post#1964 » by dshearn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:09 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:Season coming down the stretch, how do you rate this off-season?

James Johnson: D, to much and he regressed
Dion Waiters: C/ Incomplete
Kelly: D, Contract a bit high for caliber
JRich: B, Deal fits and easily part of package
Bam: A, didn’t expect him to be this good

Bam has been a great teammate, and steadfast at such a young age. The guy seems mostly unflappable.He keeps the ball moving on offense, and most nights can be felt in a positive way on defense.

Sooo glad the Heat got him.
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#1965 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:27 am

DayofMourning wrote:

James Johnson: D, to much and he regressed F-he's been a turd after being such an impact player last year. Got his money. Good for him.
Dion Waiters: C/ Incomplete F-I never liked him, but it was sure fun to play into all the hype last year. His decision to delay surgery was thoughtless. Made me think less of everyone involved that this dummy was in charge of his own health at such a salary.
Kelly: D, Contract a bit high for caliber C-He needs to be taking and making more shots. Has a lot of offensive game and needs to be counted on for more buckets.
JRich: B, Deal fits and easily part of package B-Has done a great job at turning things around after a recovery year.
Has progressed as the year has gone on. Gives me a lot of hope for his future.

Bam: A, didn’t expect him to be this good B-Has been much more necessary than I expected. His ability to fill the minutes vacated consistently by Hassan has been valuable.

Comments in red.

I agree with your feedback. With Dion the front office botched it. How did anything not think to evaluate his ankle before putting that deal on the table.

Return to Miami Heat