ImageImageImage

Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#541 » by Bishop45 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 am

gom wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
gom wrote:Bish, you can only use the DPE on an expiring contract or to claim a player on waivers. You can never combine the exception with another player to make a trade. With the DPE, they could acquire Ellington from us or Okaro White, nobody else.

Here are some guys that may interest the Celtics for their DPE:

Corey Brewer
Ersan Ilyasova (after Dec 14)
Matt Barnes
Mike Dunleavy
Brandon Rush
Gerald Green

You can't trade that player?

That's right.

Hmnn, never knew, bap trade anyway
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#542 » by gom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 am

Bishop45 wrote:
gom wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
You can't trade that player?

That's right.

It's a little more complicated. There is a 90-day restriction after you sign a player and we're already at Dec 10, so it would be March 10, which is after the trade deadline. And a player you trade for can't be aggregated with another player for 60 days, so only if he is exchanged for another player. That's true with any exception signed player.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#543 » by Bishop45 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 am

Alright, just read up on it. Possible but tricky

http://www.celticshub.com/2017/11/30/disabled-player-exception-tricks-timing/

gom wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
gom wrote:
That's right.

It's a little more complicated. There is a 90-day restriction after you sign a player and we're already at Dec 10, so it would be March 10, which is after the trade deadline. And he can't be aggregated with another player for 60 days, so only if he is exchanged for another player. That's true with any exception signed player.

lmao You keep responding right after I post, I get the gist of it now

Rest in Power Chadwick

Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Re: RE: Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#544 » by Hallstar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:33 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
I think if they use their 8 mil exception for a tradeable player, they would have the fillers available to make a contract like Whitesides work

If we're to add Winslow then I'd want at least a good prospect in return with pick. Even w/o Winslow. TT doesn't do it for me if Bam's still in the plans. Although a TT/TT front court seems quite interesting. Rather focus on trying to squeeze younger, more ambitious teams like Wolves, PHX and Mil

Barely, but yes

Hayward - 30mil
Horford - 28mil
Kyrie - 19mil
Tatum - 5.5mil
Brown - 5mil

Morris - 5mil
Baynes - 4.3mil
Smart - 4.5mil

Morris/Smart/Baynes + trade exception + pick is an overpay imo. Also, why would they want Winslow, they have like 5-6 wing players

I think it's an overpay but for the Heat, way too much value put on that pick. Unless it's guaranteed top 3, don't want no smoke with that package

Not sure why C's wouldn't want Winslow, their whole defensive identity is centered around wing defense... They would get a younger versatile version of Marcus Smart for the addition of 2 expendable players. Not to mention difference of value in this protected pick v. Whiteside

Don't like that trade, surely better Whiteside trades out there
They already have two young small forwards they're developing that are better than Winslow and Hayward waiting in the wings. If anything, they'll take a cheap vet as a break glass in case of player.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#545 » by Bishop45 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 am

Hallstar wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Barely, but yes

Hayward - 30mil
Horford - 28mil
Kyrie - 19mil
Tatum - 5.5mil
Brown - 5mil

Morris - 5mil
Baynes - 4.3mil
Smart - 4.5mil

Morris/Smart/Baynes + trade exception + pick is an overpay imo. Also, why would they want Winslow, they have like 5-6 wing players

I think it's an overpay but for the Heat, way too much value put on that pick. Unless it's guaranteed top 3, don't want no smoke with that package

Not sure why C's wouldn't want Winslow, their whole defensive identity is centered around wing defense... They would get a younger versatile version of Marcus Smart for the addition of 2 expendable players. Not to mention difference of value in this protected pick v. Whiteside

Don't like that trade, surely better Whiteside trades out there
They already have two young small forwards they're developing that are better than Winslow and Hayward waiting in the wings. If anything, they'll take a cheap vet as a break glass in case of player.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes but they can play him as a 1-2 and sometimes 3 player like they are with Smart, why wouldn't they want him?

Rest in Power Chadwick

gom

Post#546 » by gom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 am

Bishop45 wrote:Alright, just read up on it. Possible but tricky

http://www.celticshub.com/2017/11/30/disabled-player-exception-tricks-timing/

gom wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

It's a little more complicated. There is a 90-day restriction after you sign a player and we're already at Dec 10, so it would be March 10, which is after the trade deadline. And he can't be aggregated with another player for 60 days, so only if he is exchanged for another player. That's true with any exception signed player.

lmao You keep responding right after I post, I get the gist of it now

From your article:

However, new signings aren’t eligible to be traded for three months after their contract starts (other than sign-and-trades which are not allowed during the season) so the deadline to do this and be able to trade the player on by the February deadline has passed.

and:

A player signed with the DPE can’t be traded for three months, but a player acquired via trade could be aggregated and re-traded after only two months. The trade deadline is February 8 so if the Celtics use the DPE to pick someone up by December 8 they could include them in an outgoing package.

So, not possible.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Terrible trade.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,801

Post#547 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

gom wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:this team wouldnt be watchable if we get those players above me for whiteside. (Even though its speculation talk etc..)

Their would be a huge steep of decline in sales and what not.

Miami already took a huge ass blow with Wade.

Riley won't even dream of that trade/proposal in any universe.

Not only that, they're trying to combine a DPE with players to make a trade. You all better be glad you didn't do that on the T&T or you'll never live it down.

:reporter:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#548 » by goodboy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

Lmao
Bright
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#549 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 am

Lmao
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#550 » by radikalBaller » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:07 am

Suns could be a good trade partner too, with the expiring contracts of Monroe and Len to match Whiteside contract, we could get back our pick from them...
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#551 » by radikalBaller » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 am

Now trading JJ, Waiters, Dragic would be harder but I can see Denver trading a 1rst + Faried for Dragic
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#552 » by radikalBaller » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:11 am

We might be stuck with JJ, Waiters, and TJ though...

Unless Pelicans take them for Cousins expiring
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#553 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:33 am

Getting a ready-made player if at all possible should be a greater priority than a pick. We need to make a run at Wiggins that Minnesota trio isn't really gelling.
gom

Post#554 » by gom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 am

radikalBaller wrote:Now trading JJ, Waiters, Dragic would be harder but I can see Denver trading a 1rst + Faried for Dragic

The cost of taking on Faried is a late first, which is what Denver has to offer (about 20 right now but with Dragic they would get better). Dragic is on a very friendly contract. In your scenario, Goran has no value at all. I disagree. You'll need to add a prospect coming back as well.

I'm confused. In general, most of you don't value our assets as highly as you value those of other teams. You would trade our player of good ability for another team's problem (Faried???) and still think you're getting a deal. That kind of gm-ing will put us in the crap heap very quickly.

Also, a #20 pick isn't going to move our dial.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#555 » by goodboy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:46 am

Bright
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#556 » by puppa bear » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm

gom wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Now trading JJ, Waiters, Dragic would be harder but I can see Denver trading a 1rst + Faried for Dragic

The cost of taking on Faried is a late first, which is what Denver has to offer (about 20 right now but with Dragic they would get better). Dragic is on a very friendly contract. In your scenario, Goran has no value at all. I disagree. You'll need to add a prospect coming back as well.

I'm confused. In general, most of you don't value our assets as highly as you value those of other teams. You would trade our player of good ability for another team's problem (Faried???) and still think you're getting a deal. That kind of gm-ing will put us in the crap heap very quickly.

What if it was Faried/Mudiay/first for Dragic/White? Would that move your dial? I think that is a more realistic deal.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#557 » by Bishop45 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Rather target JJackson than Wiggins but either would be fine if plausible/possible

Rest in Power Chadwick

puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#558 » by puppa bear » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Rather target JJackson than Wiggins but either would be fine if plausible/possible

If it's Wiggins then we want to be pairing him with Dragic and Whiteside, but JJ we'd be looking at a Winslow/Bam timeline. No idea why Suns would be moving on from Jackson so soon. Whereas the Wolves could be willing to move on from Wiggins if the incentive was good enough - but it would be a deal based around Whiteside to give them a Teague/Butler/KAT/Whiteside core. Wiggins is PPP though, so it would be really hard to get done this year.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#559 » by Bishop45 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 pm

puppa bear wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Rather target JJackson than Wiggins but either would be fine if plausible/possible

If it's Wiggins then we want to be pairing him with Dragic and Whiteside, but JJ we'd be looking at a Winslow/Bam timeline. No idea why Suns would be moving on from Jackson so soon. Whereas the Wolves could be willing to move on from Wiggins if the incentive was good enough - but it would be a deal based around Whiteside to give them a Teague/Butler/KAT/Whiteside core. Wiggins is PPP though, so it would be really hard to get done this year.

Suns already have a young starting SF putting up decent numbers, if they want to win now more than later... however shortsighted... I could see them interested

Rest in Power Chadwick

gom

Post#560 » by gom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

puppa bear wrote:
gom wrote:

What if it was Faried/Mudiay/first for Dragic/White? Would that move your dial? I think that is a more realistic deal.

For any trade, I try to look at both sides to see the reason. Quantitatively, your trade is fine (we get a first for someone we paid two firsts for, but we used him for 3 years and also did a salary dump), but I am not convinced that it is a good idea to trade. We are still a team that can win. Faried is redundant in our system. It's hard to see him being useful if we keep Whiteside. If we don't have Whiteside, we'll get hammered inside.

If we put the team in the hands of Mudiay, we are embracing the tank. Dragic has been very reliable. Mudiay isn't. Also, the DEN first (especially after they get Dragic) becomes a late-1st. Seems an even worse plan than the one we have now.

For DEN, I'm not sure trading for Dragic makes much sense. Their future PG is Murray. He's getting better.

I'd prefer to deal with Orlando: Fournier + Payton for Dragic plus a pick swap next season. Both sides happy. No tank. Orlando doesn't want White, but we can release him when we do the deal.

Return to Miami Heat