ImageImageImage

Where do you see this all thing going? What should we do? **POLL**

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

how are you feeling about the rest of this season?

We're fine, shots will start to go in and we'll turn things around, make the playoffs from a decent spot.
15%
We're not fine but we'll be decent enough, sneak into the playoffs as a 7-8 seed.
34%
We're **** but there's nothing to do but stay the course for the year. It is what it is.
12%
I've seen enough. We need to blow it up. big trades. Big changes are needed.
24%
I'm searching for the Tank keys. good Draft is top priority.
15%

Total votes: 41

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Re: Where do you see this all thing going? What should we do? **POLL** 

Post#41 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:12 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
gom wrote:
Lopez is expiring. They are dumping Deng's contract. That's worth a first on its own (maybe more.) Whiteside is shooting free throws, getting to the line more often, and grabbing a ton of rebounds. If a team feeds him, he'll score a lot.

We're the dummies misusing him. I don't blame the player.

It feels so good to read that. I feel the same way. He and Dragic are being misused. They are an awful pairing for one another. If Dragic went to the Knicks to play with Porzingis or Hassan to play with CP3...sheesh.

Don't the Lakers already owe firsts? We would need them to take the TJ too. That team would improve, I'd think.

The only thing i see a happening with Whiteside to the Lakers is a salary dump for Lopez and a draft pick. They both make the same amount of money contract wise.

Then we'd be building around Dragic...this late in the game. With a rookie who plays closest like Hassan than Frye.

Man our front office has really dropped the ball with direction. I want to ask Lebatard if there really is a serious issue with them. The answer for years has been build around Wade. But now it's like they have no idea what to do.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#42 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:They wouldn't want TJ. They already have a TJ type much cheaper in Clarkson.

What do they need?

A star center and a backup PG. Preferably not one about to make 19 million next year. They would probably be more then happy to swap out Lopez and young asset for Whiteside. Maybe even someone like Randle coming back.

We don't have a backup pg except Winslow as an experimental backup. What specific pick could we get from them? I think they'd be too good for the pick to be worth anything with Hassan.
#HEATLifer

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Post#43 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm

KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:It feels so good to read that. I feel the same way. He and Dragic are being misused. They are an awful pairing for one another. If Dragic went to the Knicks to play with Porzingis or Hassan to play with CP3...sheesh.

Don't the Lakers already owe firsts? We would need them to take the TJ too. That team would improve, I'd think.

The only thing i see a happening with Whiteside to the Lakers is a salary dump for Lopez and a draft pick. They both make the same amount of money contract wise.

Then we'd be building around Dragic...this late in the game. With a rookie who plays closest like Hassan than Frye.

Man our front office has really dropped the ball with direction. I want to ask Lebatard if there really is a serious issue with them. The answer for years has been build around Wade. But now it's like they have no idea what to do.

Trading Hassan for Lopez and let's say young asset let's say Randle would be like sort of hitting the reset button a bit an opening up 23 million in space. With Bam in the fold it doesn't seem like a terrible idea especially if we could get someone like Randle back.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#44 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:15 pm

KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:What do they need?

A star center and a backup PG. Preferably not one about to make 19 million next year. They would probably be more then happy to swap out Lopez and young asset for Whiteside. Maybe even someone like Randle coming back.

We don't have a backup pg except Winslow as an experimental backup. What specific pick could we get from them? I think they'd be too good for the pick to be worth anything with Hassan.

I just mentioned that it's probably more realistic that they give us someone like Randle instead of a pick. We would probably prefer Randle.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#45 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:17 pm

How about this trade : http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9xvthmr

Hassan + TJ (or Rich) + W. Ellington
for
Ingram + Deng + Lopez

Dragic
TJ
Ingram
Kelly
Bam

Young, well balanced.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#46 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:19 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:The only thing i see a happening with Whiteside to the Lakers is a salary dump for Lopez and a draft pick. They both make the same amount of money contract wise.

Trading Hassan for Lopez and let's say young asset let's say Randle would be like sort of hitting the reset button a bit an opening up 23 million in space. With Bam in the fold it doesn't seem like a terrible idea especially if we could get someone like Randle back.

Handle is the bad kind of tweener. Do not want.
#HEATLifer

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#47 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:20 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:How about this trade : http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9xvthmr

for
Ingram + Deng + Lopez

Dragic
TJ
Ingram
Kelly
Bam

Young, well balanced.

It fails in the trade machine and the Lakers probably don't want any part of TJ's contract. I have Lopez and Randle for Whiteside as the deal that makes the most sense. Gives us a young player in return with potential and cap space.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#48 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:21 pm

KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Then we'd be building around Dragic...this late in the game. With a rookie who plays closest like Hassan than Frye.

Young asset who's availible
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#49 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:22 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:How about this trade : http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9xvthmr

for
Ingram + Deng + Lopez

Dragic
TJ
Ingram
Kelly
Bam

Young, well balanced.

It would be one hell of a gamble for the Lakers to drop Ingram for Hassan while hoping Lonzo grows and meshes with Hassan.

I just don't see it happening. But that kid is so good at passing...hm, have to bring it up to laker fans.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#50 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Trading Hassan for Lopez and let's say young asset let's say Randle would be like sort of hitting the reset button a bit an opening up 23 million in space. With Bam in the fold it doesn't seem like a terrible idea especially if we could get someone like Randle back.

Young asset who's availible

For us to flip? Handle doesn't seem like he'd work well anywhere except GSW and SAS.
#HEATLifer

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#51 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Feels like most of us expected a much better start, both in record and level of play.

Want to check the collective pulse, how do you see things developing?

Reminder : our pick is top 8 protected this year, so any pick from #9 to #30 will go straight to the Suns. Pick in the 1-8 range stays with us. but this means that if we keep the pick this year, next season we'll have to give the Suns our pick regardless of where it falls (1-30).

Not that it makes much of a difference but the pick is top 7 protected, so we would keep 1-7

I like your Ingram/Lopez trade proposal. Need to add McGruder or Okaro to make it work financially but I'd be all over it.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#52 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Don't want Randle. Old school player.

Ingram, J. Parker, give me a dynamic wing scorer.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#53 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Don't want Randle. Old school player.

Ingram, J. Parker, give me a dynamic wing scorer.

Ah, Parker is a wing scorer?

Now I'm interested...
#HEATLifer

Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,802

Post#54 » by Mos_Heat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
leoshes wrote:Whiteside is not a player you build around offensively. I prefer a star wing scorer for that. But you can build around Whiteside defensively. It takes both offense, & defense to win not just one.

That's the thing - I don't think you can build around Hassan DEFENSIVLY either.

Too many quick, outside shooting big man on other teams. They draw him out of the paint, and then he becomes a sub par defender due to lack of speed and being uncomfterable.

On offense, he can't pass, and basically very underutilized because we don't have the necessary elite shooting to put around him.

I think You have to be quick/decent passer/outside shooter to be a legit corner stone in todays league.

I partially agree with this, he's pretty bad pick'n'pop defender.
:reporter:
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mos_Heat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:14 pm

KingDavid wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I think giving them tj would work better than Winslow.

They wouldn't want TJ. They already have a TJ type much cheaper in Clarkson.

What do they need?

Cap space next summer. They are chasing Lebron and George, they need to clear out their cap. There is 0 chance they will trade Ingram or even Clarkson for Hassan
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mos_Heat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Probably 7-8 seed and a gentleman sweep in the first round
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Post#57 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm

I think we're a low seed playoff team. If we don't make it, Spo has to go. 3 out of 4 post-Cabrón years in the lottery is completely unacceptable. In the meantime, we should be looking to dump TJ's contract by trade deadline.
LordRiley
Sixth Man
And1: 6,515

Post#58 » by LordRiley » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank god Lord Riley runs the team. You don’t trade your best player when the team already sucks. You look to move the trash first. Winslow, Waiters, JJ, Dragic should all be moved first before anyone else.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#59 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:19 pm

LordRiley wrote:Thank god Lord Riley runs the team. You don’t trade your best player when the team already sucks. You look to move the trash first. Winslow, Waiters, JJ, Dragic should all be moved first before anyone else.

JJ/Winslow aren't netting anything of significance right now. Waiters might. Dragic would, and Hassan definitely would. If you think your lord Riley considers anyone untouchable you might be severely disappointed in a couple of months.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#60 » by Wiltside » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:20 pm

God damn I want me some of that Top 4 lotto action. Unfortunately, we aren't going to suck enough to get anywhere close.

If we hand PHX over a lottery pick this season I'm gonna be pissed.

There's a lot of overlapping skillsets on this team, it's really a bit of a mish-mash misplaced roster. They caught lightning in a bottle, but that's all it was apparently.

I think we're going to have to deal TJ, but unfortunately it's probably going to mean including Winslow in any deal. No one is willingly taking on TJ's 2 years of $19m per without getting something in return.

Perhaps the Kings would look at it, as they know they aren't competing.

Tyler Johnson + Justise Winslow for Garrett Temple (2yrs $8m) + Skal Labissiere. We lose out on talent pretty big, but that's the cost of shedding a huge contract we should never have matched. At least we get back an intriguing piece in Skal. Sacramento have a ton of bigs and don't have much in the way of SF's, so may wish to experiment and see if Winslow can develop there at the wing spot.

MIAMI

Dragic / Walton Jr.
Waiters / Ellington
Richardson (sigh) / Temple
Labissiere / JJ / Mickey
Whiteside / Olynyk / Adebayo

SACRAMENTO

Hill / Fox
Hield / TJ / Richardson
Winslow / Bogdanovic / Jackson / Carter
Randolph
WCS / Koufos / Papagiannis / Giles

Kings are a little lean at the 4 now, but assume they would small ball plenty with Winny at the 4 with a bunch of shooters too. Plus they very well could pick up Bagley or someone in the upcoming draft. If required, we could throw in Mickey and take back Malachi Richardson or someone immediately cuttable (Cooley, Sampson).

Look, it's pretty unbalanced still - we'd need to acquire some more wing depth, but it'd get rid of the TJ problem. I'd hate to quit on Justise - I think my thoughts on him are well known at this point.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat