Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Re: Golden State Warriors @ Miami Heat - Sunday, December 3rd 2017 @ 7:00PM 

Post#661 » by Chalm Down » Mon Dec 4, 2017 9:27 am

Wiltside wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Winslow/Spo duo is not working, let's face it

Spo spammed Winslow in his rookie year, but I guess that was more in terms of minutes than role. I feel like he got more late-game minutes that year too

Idk why Spo's not using him as much this year though. Haven't been complaining too much, since it's not like Winslow's blown us away, but maybe you might as well use him more in a blowout

Winslow strikes me as a rhythm guy, which I think he's finding difficult - as we're throwing him around in odd positions, not using him in his best role, and giving him very irregular minutes. There's times he plays the first 7-8 minutes and then doesn't play the rest of the half.

I honestly feel if he was getting a consistent, solid 30 minutes a night we'd see a much much better player.

What do you think his best role is (on offense at least)? I feel like he's best when he's pushing in transition and getting easy buckets off cuts/rebounds.
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#662 » by SlowPaced » Mon Dec 4, 2017 9:34 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:in insight that woulda been a great move by the heat but no pat had faith this kid was going to be something special...specially horrible in its ...what? second year :crazy:

I was glad Justise fell to us in that draft, but he fell because teams that had worked him out found out that his shot was broken. We drafted him but never had him at the AA for a workout

Ainge was all over him they offered so many picks, one of those turned into Brown if i am not mistaken. Jrich was a great pick though

No need to have a heart attack, it's not true. The Nets pick that turned into Brown wasn't part of the offer.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,935

Post#663 » by Wiltside » Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:02 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Spo spammed Winslow in his rookie year, but I guess that was more in terms of minutes than role. I feel like he got more late-game minutes that year too

Idk why Spo's not using him as much this year though. Haven't been complaining too much, since it's not like Winslow's blown us away, but maybe you might as well use him more in a blowout

Winslow strikes me as a rhythm guy, which I think he's finding difficult - as we're throwing him around in odd positions, not using him in his best role, and giving him very irregular minutes. There's times he plays the first 7-8 minutes and then doesn't play the rest of the half.

I honestly feel if he was getting a consistent, solid 30 minutes a night we'd see a much much better player.

What do you think his best role is (on offense at least)? I feel like he's best when he's pushing in transition and getting easy buckets off cuts/rebounds.

Offensively, as you said. Pushing and making active, quick decisions with the rock-particularly in transition. Being solely the roll man and not handling the ball seems to take him out of a rhythm.

He does need to get stronger at finishing at the rim, and perhaps develop a midrange game. He has handles, but that’s about it.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,490

Post#664 » by Bishop45 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:16 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Glad you enjoyed those, this board seems pretty anti-pokemon for some reason

Pokemon is good but im more of a digimon guy.

IO still got my GBA around with the gold version ready to go!

Digimon was good too..didnt play any games I think, but show was fun :)

Digimon was my chit

FlashFlare wrote:
Read on Twitter

ufffffff

Still can't believe he did this, beyond impressive. Gotta find more impactful ways of using Bam's agility
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#665 » by IggieCC » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:18 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Still can't believe he did this, beyond impressive. Gotta find more impactful ways of using Bam's agility

bish pls

pls bish

it's pretty much a prerequisite for undersized bigs to be able to guard the perimeter these days bish. not that many can do it like bum though... he can defend like he's a SF.. was prime LeBron's defense like this? don't member

Read on Twitter
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,442

Post#666 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:29 pm

radikalBaller wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Heat could have drafted miles turner and donovan mitchel, think about it...

Devin Booker. We wouldn't have drafted Turner because we had Whiteside.

How the hell could we have drafted Mitchell? He was drafted right before us. That's who we wanted iirc. I don't mind the slander, but be accurate.

If the had decided to tank last year, Mitchel would have been there. Turner can play next to whiteside. We had whiteside and still drafted bam and signed olynyk big money what you talking about ?

If Tunrer can play next to Hassan why isn't Bam playing next to him?

And do you really feel Mitchel would play here as freely as he plays for Jazz?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,369

Post#667 » by BaffLer » Mon Dec 4, 2017 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

BaffLer wrote:Couldn't catch the Hornets game so I watched some highlights of it. I'm glad after all this time JRich finally decided to show up and play his best game of the season. Bam is still very raw. Though his efforts on the defensive end is so great for this team. I for one am a firm believer that either this season, or maybe in Bam's later seasons, he will be the Heat's star defensive player and leader. He's still young and humble, but I can tell he would be great in a leadership position on this on this team like a Draymond Green or KG.

In any case, a home game vs the Warriors while might be scary at first sight, I feel the Heat will get up big for this one. Just like how every team gets up for the Warriors. If I recall correctly, only the Heat have managed to hold the Warriors to their lowest FG% this season. So disrupting their players from getting into any sort of rhythm will be key because we all know once the Warriors get hot, it's pretty much game over.

Looking forward to watching it. :nod:

Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,721

Post#668 » by Enso » Mon Dec 4, 2017 7:41 pm

At this point the way JJ's been playing it would of prob been better not to re sign him and let Winslow get all the burn this year but alas time travel technology does not exist unfortunately.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#669 » by KingDavid » Tue Dec 5, 2017 12:55 am

IggieCC wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

bish pls

pls bish

it's pretty much a prerequisite for undersized bigs to be able to guard the perimeter these days bish. not that many can do it like bum though... he can defend like he's a SF.. was prime LeBron's defense like this? don't member

Read on Twitter

Those gifs are when Curry played injured in the playoffs lol.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,490

Post#670 » by Bishop45 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:13 am

IggieCC wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

bish pls

pls bish

Read on Twitter

But tbh, Bam's looked even more impressive agility-wise, he stopped actual drives by elite offensive players... If that's truly who he is as a perimeter defender, I'd like to see his defensive impact as an SF. Would be exceptional if he could defend like that on the perimeter on a larger scale. At that sz/speed, dpoy material (Or at least close enough)
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#671 » by IggieCC » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:15 am

KingDavid wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Spoiler:
bish pls

pls bish

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Those gifs are when Curry played injured in the playoffs lol.

:oops:

King pls
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#672 » by IggieCC » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:23 am

Bishop45 wrote:
But tbh, Bam's looked even more impressive agility-wise, he stopped actual drives by elite offensive players... If that's truly who he is as a perimeter defender, I'd like to see his defensive impact as an SF. Would be exceptional if he could defend like that on the perimeter on a larger scale. At that sz/speed, dpoy material (Or at least close enough)

no doubt bish. hope he gets enough PT to keep showcasing his abilities. i'm a believer now bish
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#673 » by Chalm Down » Tue Dec 5, 2017 2:43 am

Enso wrote:At this point the way JJ's been playing it would of prob been better not to re sign him and let Winslow get all the burn this year but alas time travel technology does not exist unfortunately.

I wouldn't be surprised if that knee inflammation (or whatever knee problem he had a few weeks ago) is still bugging him

Or maybe it's a mental thing..? Seems a but passive this year. I think he'll get better though. Wouldn't mind him starting eventually
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"

Return to Miami Heat