ImageImageImage

Glen Rice's son playing amazing in the israeli league, must come to the nba !

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Re: Glen Rice's son playing amazing in the israeli league, must come to the nba ! 

Post#2 » by Kobewade11 » Wed May 9, 2018 7:13 pm

headcase.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,397

Re: Glen Rice's son playing amazing in the israeli league, must come to the nba ! 

Post#3 » by Rapaz » Wed May 9, 2018 7:16 pm

Sign him and trade him for Trey Mourning.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#4 » by HeatIn5 » Wed May 9, 2018 9:18 pm

Is this the same Glen Rice Jr on the same Israeli team he just got kicked off of for punching a teammate?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/10/israels-top-team-cuts-glen-rice-jr-for-assaulting-teammate/33696175/
Read on Twitter
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,313

Post#5 » by insfo » Fri May 11, 2018 2:08 am

Forget all these guys .. just sign this one and I'm happy :)

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#6 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri May 11, 2018 11:21 am

Just sign him to a one day contract so he can retire a Heat. That is about the only shot he has of being the NBA again.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#7 » by RJM » Sun May 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Hell no. Kacy Sager exposed him. He wouldn't last here.

https://www.thesagerbomb.com/home/2018/4/11/it-takes-a-village-the-troubling-history-of-glen-rice-jr-those-who-failed-him-along-the-way

I lost track of how many times I heard those words throughout my interviews with Rice's former classmates, teammates, and administrators from Walton High School.

"I just wanted to learn," one young woman told me. "He made it so insanely difficult to just learn. Whenever I walked into a class at the start of the semester and saw he was in it, I knew that class was going to be 'The Glen Show'."

She expressed sympathy for her teachers, weary from trying to keep their students engaged, and her own struggles to tune out Rice and his friends as they loudly conversed in the back of the room. I, too, graduated from Walton and know firsthand the caliber of teachers employed there. It infuriates me to think about students at any high school who aren't able to take full advantage of the myriad of resources available to them simply because a handful of kids insist on providing constant distractions.

From the moment he set foot on that campus, his childish — and often mean-spirited — antics went unpunished, frequently at the expense of other students.

A former administrator had a plethora of examples of Rice proving he wasn't restricted by the same strict code of conduct that governed the rest of the student body.

He cut the line in the cafeteria and stole chicken tenders off the plates of freshmen. He would speed through the parking lot, angering parents who were told "there's no point" when they reported his reckless behavior. He frequently skipped the classes that had been handpicked for him, instead either napping in a coach's office or roaming the halls in search of another opportunity to test his status as "untouchable".

In one particularly odious example, he walked into a random classroom, grabbed the phone off a student's desk, and dropped it into her cup of coffee. When the school contacted his parents to discuss the incident, his mother simply walked in the front office and wrote the student a check for a new phone. And that was the end of it.

Unfortunately, as is frequently the case when actions fail to beget consequences, Rice's behavior often escalated beyond mere harmless pranks.

Another classmate described two occasions in which she personally witnessed his violent tendencies. The first occurred when they were just nine years old and he elbowed her hard enough in the mouth to make her braces bust through her lip. In high school, she injured her back during a soccer game. Rice asked why she was walking strangely, and — upon learning the reason — bear-hugged her and began to swing her around while laughing. A teacher ultimately had to step in after Rice threatened to fight the girl's boyfriend, who had intervened and told Rice to back off.

How is it possible for this kind of behavior to have gone unchecked at one of the top high schools in the state of Georgia? Look no further than Coach Joe Goydish.

"I can't even remember an instance where Glen was benched," explained one of Rice's former teammates, who quit the basketball team midway through his junior year "due to Coach G's BS". It was around that time that colleges began recruiting Rice and the disparity in Goydish's treatment of his players grew even larger.

"[Rice] had the worst attitude of any person I have ever played with. Half-speed on everything. He wouldn't even run back on defense half the time. He would talk back to coaches, push his own teammates, and Coach Goydish would never punish him directly. We all ran so many damn wind sprints because he refused to push himself. He basically depended on his raw athleticism."

Goydish was so determined to keep Rice happy that he granted the same unfettered power to his star player's entire family.

The parents of Walton basketball players would take turns running the concession stand at games as part of the program's fundraising efforts. Goydish refused to even ask Glen Rice Sr. or Tracey Starwood (Jr.'s mother) to participate, instead forcing parents of the JV and girls basketball teams to work double shifts.

Coaches and administrators often had to deal with Glen Rice Sr.'s "handler", who told them he was paid to "keep Big Dog's schedule". It's hard to imagine the Rice family was hurting financially if they were employing an entourage, but a woman in charge of ticket sales told me they "pitched a fit" every time they were asked to pay $5 to attend the games. On several occasions, she caught them propping open the side door of the gym so they could sneak in friends and other family members without paying for additional tickets.

She frequently reported this behavior to the athletic department, but Goydish made it clear that he expected every member of the Walton community to do whatever it took to keep the Rices happy. And that's understandable, I suppose; aside from the obvious risk of his Golden Boy transferring elsewhere, I'd imagine kissing that much ass feels a lot less humiliating when you're not the only one doing it.

Interestingly, several people with whom I spoke made a point of mentioning G'mitri, the younger Rice brother, and had nothing but positive things to say about his character. Lacking Glen's size, natural ability, and famous first name, he had to actually work to earn playing time under Goydish.

G'mitri has built a quiet but consistent career for himself over the years, playing overseas and most recently for Mexico's Paskolas de Navojoa in the CIBAPAC league. Imagine what the elder Rice brother could have become if he had developed even a fraction of G'mitri's work ethic to pair with all that unlimited potential.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Post#8 » by Kobewade11 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:38 pm

how did Jr. end up being such a p.o.s.?
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,732

Post#9 » by Enso » Mon May 14, 2018 1:39 am

shalom
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#10 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:22 pm

My avi would dominate that Zionist league.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#11 » by Myam333 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Jimmer Fredette was doing amazing in China. Doesn't mean he should be signed.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#12 » by HEATVols865 » Sun Jun 3, 2018 10:52 pm

I saw G-Money in line at Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom a few years ago with Jr. and the rest of the family.
I recognize him and I said: "G-Money!" he smiled and then I asked: "Was Sarah Palin good?" he cracked up and then got out of the line when one of the tracks went down. LOL
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.

Return to Miami Heat