ImageImageImage

Around the NBA, Episode 40.0 "Still Alive"

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,773

Re: Around the NBA, Episode 40.0 "Still Alive" 

Post#1901 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:45 am

QUIZ wrote:Even as a Harden fan I can't excuse it. He wasn't awful like his FG% might suggest which has been the story of his career, he is a very efficient scorer. Even still when push came to shove both Curry and Durrant looked better than him. Which I mean... it is what it is. He's still clearly better than Westbrook but he's not that guy in the way that LeBron is.

CP3 makes up for a lot of Harden's shortcomings and Harden makes up for a lot of CP3's.

The Warriors went 16-1 last postseason even when facing a fully healthy Cavs team led by LeBron and Kyrie so let's not discredit the boys in Houston. Even still these moments are rare, true greatness takes advantage of these chances as Wade showed in 06.

He had some terrible gms and could've played better. Love em' cause even on a bad game he can intrinsically effect a game

He needs a star wing, phuck, he needs another top 105 player to compete with the Warriors

Celtic's with a healthy Kyrie/Hayward might be competitive with Warriors but right now that's it. Rockets could have won this series but they may never get that opportunity back. I hate that people are going to act like this series wasn't competitive but it is what it is
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,602

Post#1902 » by DayofMourning » Tue May 29, 2018 3:45 am

Enso wrote:is there even a reason to watch the finals?

I'm still pulling for LBJ to win and stay in Cleveland, whilst TT stinks up the joint, leading the Cavs to trade for Hassan. That's my sole hope left for this season.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1903 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:47 am

Enso wrote:is there even a reason to watch the finals?

What?

Rest in Power Chadwick

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,295

Post#1904 » by goodboy » Tue May 29, 2018 3:48 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:You can hate the game but he'll be byke. He was big part of his team taking the Warriors to 7 and 2 WCF appearrances. You don't get the #1 seed and historic #'s without him

Haha, you've been a good sport, Bishop. I've been busting his balls all night on your behalf. All in good fun though.

Harden is probably my least favorite player in the L. Ain't nobody changing that opinion, cuz I know he ain't changing his game. I'll let you love him though, you're not the only one.

Too bad CP3 went down though. Hate injuries clouding the outcome. That's sports though, and possibly a CP3 curse of some kind.

Its the banana boat curse LBJ bestowed upon CP/Melo but not Wade, Wade was immune to such virus due to his goatly run in 06' that James didnt recognize.
Bright
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#1905 » by QUIZ » Tue May 29, 2018 3:50 am

Bishop45 wrote:
QUIZ wrote:Even as a Harden fan I can't excuse it. He wasn't awful like his FG% might suggest which has been the story of his career, he is a very efficient scorer. Even still when push came to shove both Curry and Durrant looked better than him. Which I mean... it is what it is. He's still clearly better than Westbrook but he's not that guy in the way that LeBron is.

CP3 makes up for a lot of Harden's shortcomings and Harden makes up for a lot of CP3's.

The Warriors went 16-1 last postseason even when facing a fully healthy Cavs team led by LeBron and Kyrie so let's not discredit the boys in Houston. Even still these moments are rare, true greatness takes advantage of these chances as Wade showed in 06.

He had some terrible gms and could've played better. Love em' cause even on a bad game he can intrinsically effect a game

He needs a star wing, phuck, he needs another top 105 player to compete with the Warriors

Celtic's with a healthy Kyrie/Hayward might be competitive with Warriors but right now that's it. Rockets could have won this series but they may never get that opportunity back. I hate that people are going to act like this series wasn't competitive but it is what it is

When people watch Harden they want to see him pull a LeBron when that just isn't who he is. He's a tremendous talent but he has his limitations. IDK man. People look at this and say if LeBron had a 3-2 lead he'd be able to will his team to a single win and they're right but again they'll disregard the fact that with Kyrie and Love fully healthy they were lucky to get even one win last year. Sucks but this is the story of Harden and CP3's life.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1906 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:50 am

Next year C's are going to be starting 5 players that can handle the ball

'Rie
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Golden flinch

and bench won't be shabby

Rest in Power Chadwick

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,821

Post#1907 » by Chalm Down » Tue May 29, 2018 3:50 am

fek dis
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#1908 » by QUIZ » Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 am

Westbrook lost to the freaking Utah Jazz but he'll get less **** than Harden and CP3. Whatever. Don't even care.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,295

Post#1909 » by goodboy » Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 am

Chalm Down wrote:fek dis

I miss u everyday
Bright
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#1910 » by pelifan » Tue May 29, 2018 3:52 am

QUIZ wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
I agree. His plus/minus tonight was pretty misleading. He kept Houston in the game.

You can hate the game but he'll be byke. He was big part of his team taking the Warriors to 7 and 2 WCF appearrances. You don't get the #1 seed and historic #'s without him

As the famous Historian Marlon Sheffield once said

He's gonna get a ton of hate Bish and I understand it but people are just gonna disregard the fact that Bron and Kyrie could barely take 1 game from them last year. They'll sit here and say that Harden has the better supporting cast even though looking at the rosters objectively that isn't true they just do a better job maximizing what they have.

IDK, narratives die hard.

Harden should not take the blame for this. He is the engine that makes the machine go and the reason they go 7.

As the famous Historian Clay Davis once said

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,271

Post#1911 » by Wiltside » Tue May 29, 2018 3:55 am

Bishop45 wrote:Next year C's are going to be starting 5 players that can handle the ball

'Rie
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Golden flinch

and bench won't be shabby

:lol:
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,821

Post#1912 » by Chalm Down » Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:fek dis

I miss u everyday

Miss u too bb

Spoiler:
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1913 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:59 am

pelifan wrote:
QUIZ wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
You can hate the game but he'll be byke. He was big part of his team taking the Warriors to 7 and 2 WCF appearrances. You don't get the #1 seed and historic #'s without him

As the famous Historian Marlon Sheffield once said

He's gonna get a ton of hate Bish and I understand it but people are just gonna disregard the fact that Bron and Kyrie could barely take 1 game from them last year. They'll sit here and say that Harden has the better supporting cast even though looking at the rosters objectively that isn't true they just do a better job maximizing what they have.

IDK, narratives die hard.

Harden should not take the blame for this. He is the engine that makes the machine go and the reason they go 7.

As the famous Historian Clay Davis once said

Rest in Power Chadwick

Return to Miami Heat