ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post#1 » by IggieCC » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:54 pm

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,397

Re: Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post#2 » by Rapaz » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:59 pm

Chit thread
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#3 » by IggieCC » Tue Jun 5, 2018 10:04 pm

Rapaz wrote:Chit thread

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#4 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 10:18 pm

LeBron, leaving or staying in Cleveland would have an impact on our 2019 1st-round pick.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,989

Post#5 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jun 5, 2018 10:44 pm

IggieCC wrote:Image

There's one player missing.....Lebron?????
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#6 » by insfo » Tue Jun 5, 2018 11:00 pm

oh crap .. there goes the offseason :noway:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Post#7 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jun 5, 2018 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Bam and Dragic are safe
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Post#8 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jun 5, 2018 11:35 pm

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#9 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jun 6, 2018 1:08 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bam and Dragic are safe

I wonder if a draft night trade is going to go down
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#10 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jun 6, 2018 1:18 am

Where's my shadow realm thread?
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#11 » by QUIZ » Wed Jun 6, 2018 1:21 am

Overall per36 Bam and TT had very comparable rookie seasons. TT was the better offensive rebounder and Bam was the better passer and FT shooter. Bam had a much more efficient season offensively though I think we can chalk a lot of that up to him being on a better team. TT's efficiency catapulted through the roof the second LeBron rejoined the Cavs and if we look at the playoffs when Hassan was sucking and we relied on Bam more his efficiency took a huge hit.

Overall I think the FT shooting is a good sign, IDK if he'll ever be a threat with his jump shot, but he certainly has a higher ceiling than TT in that regard.

Before the season I also had some questions about his motor and rebounding instincts which I feel like he's squashed for the most part, he'll be ok in that regard.

Defensively both of them are very mobile though I don't really like Bam defending in the post. On the perimeter, he's looked good but bigs like Nurkić killed him in the post during the games that Hassan was injured. He's got a weird build in that he's ripped but he doesn't seem to have a ton of core strength, he's only 20 though so it'll get better.

Offensively he just needs more confidence. He should be watching Clint Capela highlights daily, that is the goal.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#12 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Jun 6, 2018 2:35 am

:rockon:
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:16 am

QUIZ wrote:Image

Overall per36 Bam and TT had very comparable rookie seasons. TT was the better offensive rebounder and Bam was the better passer and FT shooter. Bam had a much more efficient season offensively though I think we can chalk a lot of that up to him being on a better team. TT's efficiency catapulted through the roof the second LeBron rejoined the Cavs and if we look at the playoffs when Hassan was sucking and we relied on Bam more his efficiency took a huge hit.

Overall I think the FT shooting is a good sign, IDK if he'll ever be a threat with his jump shot, but he certainly has a higher ceiling than TT in that regard.

Before the season I also had some questions about his motor and rebounding instincts which I feel like he's squashed for the most part, he'll be ok in that regard.

Defensively both of them are very mobile though I don't really like Bam defending in the post. On the perimeter, he's looked good but bigs like Nurkić killed him in the post during the games that Hassan was injured. He's got a weird build in that he's ripped but he doesn't seem to have a ton of core strength, he's only 20 though so it'll get better.

Offensively he just needs more confidence. He should be watching Clint Capela highlights daily, that is the goal.

Nurkic did not kill Bam in the post and Nurkic only scored 8 point at best on Bam. Bam also defended Nurkic well, Nurkic was just making shots. Don't forget what Bam did to Dwight.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#15 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:53 am

Let Iggie do the offseason thread brehs. Was the wors that cud happen?
OP for NBA FT record
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#16 » by QUIZ » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:53 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Nurkic did not kill Bam in the post and Nurkic only scored 8 point at best on Bam. Bam also defended Nurkic well, Nurkic was just making shots. Don't forget what Bam did to Dwight.

Nurkic had 27 and 16 that game and Dwight sucks now.

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:56 am

QUIZ wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

He had 27 and 16 that game and Dwight sucks now.

But how many of those 27 points were mainly Bam's fault?
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#18 » by QUIZ » Wed Jun 6, 2018 5:42 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
QUIZ wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

He had 27 and 16 that game and Dwight sucks now.

But how many of those 27 points were mainly Bam's fault?

Bam has a net rating of -20 that game and a defensive rating of 119.3 pts per 100 pos.
His backup Kelly had a net rating of -4.3 and a defensive rating of 105.4 pts per 100 pos.

I'd have to rewatch to give specifics but I remember him getting killed that game and the numbers back that up.

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#19 » by twix2500 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 12:09 pm

Nurkic is a post player, and has size over Bam. Its physically obvious, size is an issue for Bam because he is traditionally a powerforward. Its been an issue the past 6 years on switching to a one big system. Do you go with a Center as your one big (Whiteside) or do you go with a powerforward (Bosh) as your one big. If you go with a center then you can be exposed on the perimeter when teams isolate him with guard. If you go with a powerforward then you get exposed in the paint. You try to find the best of both worlds, but those are unicorns. You would think Bam would be ideal as the league has went away from centers. BUT what goes around comes around. The trend of a center might be on its way back. When Embiid and Davis leading the incoming generation and this year draft will feature centers. Can Bam succeed as a center against the next incoming class of stars?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,498

Post#20 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 12:13 pm

Rapaz wrote:Chit thread
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine

Return to Miami Heat