ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,782

Re: Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post#2001 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:22 am

I love Riley and always will but Hassan got him. It's ok. You win some you lose some. Whiteside had major character flaws before the money. The gamble was that he matured. He did not. He reverted back to everything that was said prior to him coming into the league. Now we are stuck with an overpaid, entitled, oaf of a headcase. 27 million. Wow. I'm sorry but that hurts
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,059

Post#2002 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:24 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:I love Riley and always will but Hassan got him. It's ok. You win some you lose some. Whiteside had major character flaws before the money. The gamble was that he matured. He did not. He reverted back to everything that was said prior to him coming into the league. Now we are stuck with an overpaid, entitled, oaf of a headcase. 27 million. Wow

He's been burnt a couple times on talent and lack of grey matter. Beasley and Whiteside.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,223

Post#2003 » by oreon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 am

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I love Riley and always will but Hassan got him. It's ok. You win some you lose some. Whiteside had major character flaws before the money. The gamble was that he matured. He did not. He reverted back to everything that was said prior to him coming into the league. Now we are stuck with an overpaid, entitled, oaf of a headcase. 27 million. Wow

He's been burnt a couple times on talent and lack of grey matter. Beasley and Whiteside.

I still it was the right move to pay him. But he should have moved a him a season ago. He had value and we would gotten legit assets back. He held on to him and Dragic for too long.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,258

Post#2004 » by Heat3 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:42 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
ifrosty13 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:You can’t give up Whiteside for pennies on the dollar. You have to get another dollar in return.

dude is toxic and a distraction to the locker room and at times we're playing 4 on 5 while he pouts.. I'll take whatever we can get. I'd honestly take Deng for him, Deng at least can be a good locker room presence and will always hustle, even if he's terrible now.*

*this is just an example to show how bad I want Whiteside gone.

Some in our fanbase actually think other teams really want a 27 million dollar headcase for a real asset. It's kinda mind boggling tbh. Whiteside was a 2nd round pick floundering in the D League until we rehabbed him into finessing us into giving him a max contract.

I don't think you get what I was saying. if he's our $27M bag of crap, then we have to get of someone else's ~$27M bag of crap in return. that's the rules. it's not trading him for a 2nd round pick and getting "nothing" in return (not many that can absorb his contract anyway). no, we MUST get something in return and it most definitely won't be good. where does that put the Heat as a franchise after that? I don't see another team taking on his contract and giving us one back that expires sooner. if anything they'll give us something back that expires after his. why would WE want that?
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,782

Post#2005 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:48 am

Heat3 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
ifrosty13 wrote:

dude is toxic and a distraction to the locker room and at times we're playing 4 on 5 while he pouts.. I'll take whatever we can get. I'd honestly take Deng for him, Deng at least can be a good locker room presence and will always hustle, even if he's terrible now.*

*this is just an example to show how bad I want Whiteside gone.

Some in our fanbase actually think other teams really want a 27 million dollar headcase for a real asset. It's kinda mind boggling tbh. Whiteside was a 2nd round pick floundering in the D League until we rehabbed him into finessing us into giving him a max contract.

I don't think you get what I was saying. if he's our $27M bag of crap, then we have to get of someone else's ~$27M bag of crap in return. that's the rules. it's not trading him for a 2nd round pick and getting "nothing" in return (not many that can absorb his contract anyway). no, we MUST get something in return and it most definitely won't be good. where does that put the Heat as a franchise after that? I don't see another team taking on his contract and giving us one back that expires sooner. if anything they'll give us something back that expires after his. why would WE want that?

I get it. So with that being said. We are looking at something like Meyers Leonard and Harkless from Portland or Ian Mahimi and Jason Smith from the Wiz. That would be my best guess of teams that might be willing to gamble on Whiteside and those might be the players they would be willing to give up for him. We can continue this is the 3.0 thread.

Return to Miami Heat