ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,258

Re: Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post#421 » by Heat3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 am

Why y’all acting like Hassan refused to play? He didn’t choose to sit on the bench. The ones that did play were garbage except Wade for one game.

Trade him cause the coach wants to run a system where we shoot threes at 28% but somehow blame the guy on the bench for the loss.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,546

Post#422 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Heat3 wrote:Why y’all acting like Hassan refused to play? He didn’t choose to sit on the bench. The ones that did play were garbage except Wade for one game.

Trade him cause the coach wants to run a system where we shoot threes at 28% but somehow blame the guy on the bench for the loss.

They competed, Hassan didn't, and ultimately that's who he is among other things. Can't help that, can't support it here
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#423 » by heat4life » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:Why y’all acting like Hassan refused to play? He didn’t choose to sit on the bench. The ones that did play were garbage except Wade for one game.

They competed, Hassan didn't, and ultimately that's who he is among other things. Can't help that, can't support it here

Yeah, I don't know what running ANY offense has to do with playing hard defense and grabbing rebounds. I don't think people are mad because they think he sucks. They are mad because he obviously pouted when things didn't go his way and stopped competing hard.

If he is defending and rebounding, coach leaves him on the court regardless of what his offensive numbers are.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#424 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

heat4life wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Yeah, I don't know what running ANY offense has to do with playing hard defense and grabbing rebounds. I don't think people are mad because they think he sucks. They are mad because he obviously pouted when things didn't go his way and stopped competing hard.

If he is defending and rebounding, coach leaves him on the court regardless of what his offensive numbers are.

Hassan also was making some bad decisions out there and at times would be looking at Spo to take him out of the game. No place on the court for a player like that.
OP for NBA FT record
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,879

Post#425 » by KingDavid » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:05 pm

I get what you're saying, but what Hassan did was inexcusable for the amount of money he gets paid. He should have busted his ass on the defensive end and gave it his all there. Then, ask to be traded in the off-season since the coaching staff wants to take the offense in a different direction. He did this crap in the playoffs.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,719

Post#426 » by twozeroMM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Aha! THE MAX, GET EM THE MEAX

When did Bron disrespect Houston?
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#427 » by MartyCONLONNN » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm

For the Hassan revisionists. Spoelstra fully encouraged him and told him he would get more burn after that game 1 against philly. Instead of playing with focus and embracing his opportunity, he kept picking up fouls at an unbelievable rate... he was jumping on every pump, playing defense with his hands instead of his legs, and unaware of rotations. He was throwing careless passes and getting stripped by smaller guards. It was so bad and unfocused that you could easily predict when a foul was coming. He became a glaring spectacle of errors that series and anyone who seriously watches and understands basketball knows that. None of that has to do with “the system.” The game is way more nuanced than just getting the ball in the post and it’s “bbq chicken man”, and there were various points of impact where Hassan could’ve seriously helped.

If he wanted it so badly, it was there for him against one of the best at his position but not only did he crumble, he pouted and blamed his own coach for not keeping him in while he was hacking away. I credit Spoelstra for holding out hope and even amidst all the bs he kept saying encouraging things about HW to the media.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#428 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 pm

id much rather have a center like draymond green, or an al horford, a cerebral guy that gives 100% and can shoot. thats the kind of center i would like to see.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,707

Post#429 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Aha! THE MAX, GET EM THE MEAX

Heat fans now in the comments begging for Winslow to get traded because he "lowered our chances of getting lebron" :lol: No lie if social media was the only indicator I would say we have the dumbest fans in the league
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,546

Post#430 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:id much rather have a center like draymond green, or an al horford, a cerebral guy that gives 100% and can shoot. thats the kind of center i would like to see.

Chit, I'd even take TT or Robin Lopez

Don't get me wrong tho, Hassan could be very productive used in a different way or perhaps on a differently constructed team but that attitudes a no go for me. I once thought he could change his ways
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,707

Post#431 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:31 pm

edit: seemed to be a joke
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#432 » by Mars » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
GUTS™
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,047

Post#433 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:41 pm

MartyCONLONNN wrote:For the Hassan revisionists. Spoelstra fully encouraged him and told him he would get more burn after that game 1 against philly. Instead of playing with focus and embracing his opportunity, he kept picking up fouls at an unbelievable rate... he was jumping on every pump, playing defense with his hands instead of his legs, and unaware of rotations. He was throwing careless passes and getting stripped by smaller guards. It was so bad and unfocused that you could easily predict when a foul was coming. He became a glaring spectacle of errors that series and anyone who seriously watches and understands basketball knows that. None of that has to do with “the system.” The game is way more nuanced than just getting the ball in the post and it’s “bbq chicken man”, and there were various points of impact where Hassan could’ve seriously helped.

If he wanted it so badly, it was there for him against one of the best at his position but not only did he crumble, he pouted and blamed his own coach for not keeping him in while he was hacking away. I credit Spoelstra for holding out hope and even amidst all the bs he kept saying encouraging things about HW to the media.

Whiteside signed the contract with the Heat because Pat promised him a certain role in the team. If not he would have gone to another team. All season was that alleged promise kept? It’s safe to say their is no trust between Whiteside and Spo. Allegedly in the playoffs after all season of not keeping what was offered to him one is to believe Spo would keep his world? The regular season is all about getting ready for the playoffs, the playoffs are not about doing something completely differently. Spo is Spo. Not saying I condone it but Whiteside did what many people would have done if they know they can get away with it.

Just waiting for Whiteside to demand a trade at this point to be honest if the relationship between him and Spo is beyond repair.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#434 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

all our problems are solved

just draft this guy and watch the parades come back to biscayne and riley dance to springsteen again

"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,082

Post#435 » by Bourne85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Can’t believe we owe TJ 40mil lol. Please drop any and all fantasies of any stars coming here just on that toxic contract alone.

Between him and Whiteside we owe them 90mil. Man I don’t think I ever seen a team fall this hard so fast.
We are one of the highest salaries in the league and we don’t even have ONE top 30-40 player.

From having Lebron Wade Bosh and going to four str8 finals.

To having a team of Bench players all making old Max money, (more money than our old Big 3)

Somewhere along the line, when LBJ spurned Riley, Riley lost his damn mind. I hope he is much more calm and sane now that some time has passed.

Very interested to see if Riley can set this Ship in the right direction.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#436 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:33 pm

Read on Twitter
islandHEAT
Senior
And1: 1,908

Post#437 » by islandHEAT » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Can’t believe we owe TJ 40mil lol. Please drop any and all fantasies of any stars coming here just on that toxic contract alone.

Between him and Whiteside we owe them 90mil. Man I don’t think I ever seen a team fall this hard so fast.
We are one of the highest salaries in the league and we don’t even have ONE top 30-40 player.

To having a team of Bench players all making old Max money, (more money than our old Big 3)

Somewhere along the line, when LBJ spurned Riley, Riley lost his damn mind. I hope he is much more calm and sane now that some time has passed.

The TJ contract is bad but correct me if I am wrong but that came from ownership.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#438 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Can’t believe we owe TJ 40mil lol. Please drop any and all fantasies of any stars coming here just on that toxic contract alone.

you got that right. we dug ourselves a giant hole.....

this is why i'm ruthless on MyGM mode in NBA 2k18.

as soon as I see one of my rotation players with 1 year left on their contracts, i try to extend. If they refuse, I find a trade package and move them. Usually, I try to gets me a top 10 pick in the draft. i then replace him with that draft pick. But if I can't get a good draft pick, then I find a good trade for guys with some years left on their contracts.

I never allow anyone to go into free agency unless it's one of my franchise players and I have no choice.

but anyone else is getting moved before they hit free agency. Especially guys like TJ who you could tell would be expecting a big pay day. Move his ass for youth or draft picks. Riles made a mistake allowing TJ to go into free agency and make us get into a bidding war for him and overpay. You ask TJ, you wanna extend your contact? He says no, then you say, OK, we want you to stay but we can't risk you leaving for nothing, so pack your bags cause I'm gonna trade you for assets.

I'm on my 7th championship in a row for the Heat.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#439 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:59 pm

"Fire Riley, get Grumpy" is now up on Petition.com
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684