ImageImageImage

LeBron

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Re: LeBron 

Post#61 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Lebron wouldn't trade his main client, lol. What are you talking about
:reporter:
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#62 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 pm

puppa bear wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:If I was him would go to Philly, because in LA he may never make the finals again

I would only go to Philly if they were prepared to trade Simmons for a piece that actually fits with Bron & Biid. But that's a big commitment for the franchise, considering he could be Bron-lite & spend his whole career there (or at least until he qualifies for and signs the supermax).

As much as it may cost you Bron, if I was he Sixers I'd approach every FA with the attitude "you're signing to play with what we currently have - they're our core and we're adding you to them".

Why would they trade Simmon? They arent run that dumb, one of the main draws is Simmons. Also they can compete and win a bidding war for Kawhi with out needing to trade Simmons. Something as simple as making Simmons the main guy for the regular season, letting Lebron coast and work on being more lethal on his jumper. Come playoffs Simmon is more experienced and Lebron can play off the ball, and if they get Kawhi good luck facing that team.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#63 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:38 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:If I was him would go to Philly, because in LA he may never make the finals again

I would only go to Philly if they were prepared to trade Simmons for a piece that actually fits with Bron & Biid. But that's a big commitment for the franchise, considering he could be Bron-lite & spend his whole career there (or at least until he qualifies for and signs the supermax).

As much as it may cost you Bron, if I was he Sixers I'd approach every FA with the attitude "you're signing to play with what we currently have - they're our core and we're adding you to them".

Why would they trade Simmon? They arent run that dumb, one of the main draws is Simmons. Also they can compete and win a bidding war for Kawhi with out needing to trade Simmons. Something as simple as making Simmons the main guy for the regular season, letting Lebron coast and work on being more lethal on his jumper. Come playoffs Simmon is more experienced and Lebron can play off the ball, and if they get Kawhi good luck facing that team.

Looks like Philly has roughly 30 million if they renounce their holds. Lebron slides right into that cap space. I'd hope that he'd be willing to really play off the ball, as Simmons should run the team primarily. Teams couldn't lock down on Simmons anymore with Bron there. I didn't like the idea of LBJ going to Philly at first, but it could work.

They trade Covington, Fultz, Bayless, and they equal Kawhi's salary. I debate how much more they'd have to give for Kawhi. Fultz is crapped on a lot on these boards, but the dude went first for a reason. RoCo is also a quality player. If they added the 10th pick, that'd be a real good bit of value for the Spurs if they wanted to move Kawhi.

Embiid, Saric, Simmons, Lebron, Kawhi. That's 9 straight Finals for Lebron. Philly would be very difficult to match up against.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#64 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm

wanting to make as much money as you can and also wanting the most talent around you as possible reside on opposite ends of the winning spectrum. Unless you get lucky like the warriors but thats not happening.

hard to see his legacy not taking a hit if he goes somewhere else.

we can clear the space if lebron has a buddy or 2 willing to tag along.
Riled Up
Senior
And1: 47

Post#65 » by Riled Up » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:03 pm

It's doubtful we would clear any cap space to try and sign LeBron. If he is coming to Miami it is most likely through a sign and trade. This allows LeBron to get the maximum salary available and makes Cleveland a willing participant.

The Heat will need to make a move at the start of free agency that makes our team more attractive, add a player for LeBron to play with.

It would be great to see LeBron in a Miami uniform again but it looks like we'll be very lucky to add a Cousins or Wiggins and call it an offseason.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#66 » by Heat3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 8,997

Post#67 » by Bourne85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 pm

We can’t clear anything. We have no picks, and we have some of the absolute worst contracts in the league. We are not in this race, at all.

Lebron will be a Laker or a Rocket. Outside chances for Philly and Boston because unlike us they actually have pieces to attract him.

Get comfy, because imo it’s gonna take a few more years to undo all the damage Riley has done after Lebrons departure.
CeCeySay
Junior
And1: 513

Post#68 » by CeCeySay » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Trade Goran to Suns for our 1st rd pick back. Suns new HC and Goran are like best buds & Suns have capsace to take in the contract, plus Goran and Suns FO kissed and made up. Next, call the Nets and offer them the 1st Rd pick we just got back, or the new one we're allowed to trade with TJ while trying not to take anything back. Nets have space pkus they're hungry for picks and they like TJ. That should be enough to sign Bron, and you put Winslow as the starting pg since it doesn't matter if Bron's in the lineup. Josh goes to the 2, his natural position and the defense will be a joy for LeBron.

Winslow
Josh
LeBron
JJ
Whiteside

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MHeatfan
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#69 » by MHeatfan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 pm

No. Never.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#70 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:10 pm

CeCeySay wrote:Trade Goran to Suns for our 1st rd pick back. Suns new HC and Goran are like best buds & Suns have capsace to take in the contract, plus Goran and Suns FO kissed and made up. Next, call the Nets and offer them the 1st Rd pick we just got back, or the new one we're allowed to trade with TJ while trying not to take anything back. Nets have space pkus they're hungry for picks and they like TJ. That should be enough to sign Bron, and you put Winslow as the starting pg since it doesn't matter if Bron's in the lineup. Josh goes to the 2, his natural position and the defense will be a joy for LeBron.

Winslow
Josh
LeBron
JJ
Whiteside

The Nets would not touch that trade. Just think about what you are actually proposing, a mid first round pick for taking on 40 mil ? Lottery picks are needed to move something like that
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#71 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:06 pm

I still dont think this happens, but Haslem admitting LeBron met with them IN MIAMI BEFORE THE FREAKIN FINALS makes you think something, hmmmmm
:hug:
CeCeySay
Junior
And1: 513

Re: RE: Re: LeBron 

Post#72 » by CeCeySay » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
CeCeySay wrote:Trade Goran to Suns for our 1st rd pick back. Suns new HC and Goran are like best buds & Suns have capsace to take in the contract, plus Goran and Suns FO kissed and made up. Next, call the Nets and offer them the 1st Rd pick we just got back, or the new one we're allowed to trade with TJ while trying not to take anything back. Nets have space pkus they're hungry for picks and they like TJ. That should be enough to sign Bron, and you put Winslow as the starting pg since it doesn't matter if Bron's in the lineup. Josh goes to the 2, his natural position and the defense will be a joy for LeBron.

Winslow
Josh
LeBron
JJ
Whiteside

The Nets would not touch that trade. Just think about what you are actually proposing, a mid first round pick for taking on 40 mil ? Lottery picks are needed to move something like that
If we offer the Nets the '22 unprotected we get back from the Sun's, that's pretty enticing.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Post#73 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:38 am

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:I still dont think this happens, but Haslem admitting LeBron met with them IN MIAMI BEFORE THE FREAKIN FINALS makes you think something, hmmmmm
two compadres sharing a bon-err-i meant bond that's it a bond :lol:
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,813

Post#74 » by spectrec130 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Really can’t see LBJ leaving Cleveland... It’s where he would keep his legacy intact

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,028

Post#75 » by twix2500 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Stephen A Smith said it again today that he heard Miami is still an option but he doesn't believe it. Brace yourself for this weekend lol

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#76 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:39 pm

"I've heard rumblings that Miami has an outside chance" - SAS

much to do about nothing. everybody has an outside chance
twix2500
RealGM

Post#77 » by twix2500 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 pm

kobewade11 wrote:"I've heard rumblings that Miami has an outside chance" - SAS

No, everyone doesnt have an outside chance. Smith is not mentioning Miami because someone ask him about Miami. He mentioned Miami because his source put Miami as one of the options, and he would be a fool not to put it out there. I understand that some rather be wrong and get Lebron than wrong and not get Lebron.
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,461

Post#78 » by batterybro42 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:14 pm

It's down to Miami, LA, and Cleveland IMO

If LA can't get PG13 and another player they are out

We will pitch the banana boat, and sell bringing in CP3 and Melo

Get ready for it to get crazy
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#79 » by Kobewade11 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:26 pm

twix2500 wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:"I've heard rumblings that Miami has an outside chance" - SAS

No, everyone doesnt have an outside chance. Smith is not mentioning Miami because someone ask him about Miami. He mentioned Miami because his source put Miami as one of the options, and he would be a fool not to put it out there. I understand that some rather be wrong and get Lebron than wrong and not get Lebron.

I understand you want to keep hope alive but please stop entertaining the musings of SAS. We wont even get a meeting.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#80 » by twix2500 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:30 pm

batterybro42 wrote:It's down to Miami, LA, and Cleveland IMO

If LA can't get PG13 and another player they are out

We will pitch the banana boat, and sell bringing in CP3 and Melo

Get ready for it to get crazy

I agree that will be the selling point to come to Miami. Adding his veteran friends along with our veterans. The reason it is important that we made the playoffs is to make our players young or old, playoff battle tested. Something the Lakers do not have on their roster. Their players are young, inexperience and very immature. If Pat was to lure LeBron, IMO the game plan would be moving Dion, JJ and TJ and possibly Whiteside, replacing them with veterans LeBron is familiar with; , Joe Johnson, Wade and possibly DeAndre Jordan or Dwight Howard to replace Whiteside and even possibly Deng.

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Josh Richardson
SF: (buyout)
PF: Lebron James
C: Hassan Whiteside or DeAndre Jordan or Dwight Howard

Bench: Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Justise Winslow, Rodney McGruder, Bam Adebayo, Kelly Olynyk, Derrick Jones Jr, possibly Luol Deng (buyout)

Like it or not, this would be the plan put out IMO.

Return to Miami Heat