ImageImageImage

LeBron

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Re: LeBron 

Post#41 » by contract » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Big, big respect to you.

But my distate for ledrama has evolved. It went from wanting nothing to do with him, to wanting to pimp him out like a prostitute for my own $$benefit$$. I'll take a few more rings and franchise success. I'll simply view him as a mercenary for hire, helping my franchise.

After the whole D-Wade fiasco...... my heart is no longer with the players. They're all just hired mercs. A player will have to do a lot for me to love a player like I do an Alonzo Mourning or Udonis Haslem again.

So.. bring on another mercenary. LeDrama, Durant, Boogie, I don't care. Just get me more Heat rings.

And why does Zo get a pass?

Completely different situation. Zo never wanted to leave. He loved the Heat and Riles.

But Zo had that Kidney disease and his clock was ticking. He only had a little time left to play in the NBA before he would be forced into medical retirement..... and Zo badly wanted a ring. So he went to NJ for that reason, and that reason only.

If he never got that Kidney disease, he never would have considered leaving Miami.

That's the only reason he signed with the Nets. And even then, he had to retire anyway a few months after signing that contract with NJ. Once he got his kidney transplant and proved he was healthy enough to play in the NBA again, he came back home.

Zo left for more money.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#42 » by krikor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:23 am

I never felt better our chances, I feel he is coming back.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,214

Post#43 » by Heat3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:20 pm

contract wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:After it's all said and done, all I REALLY care about is getting Boogie. He's young and about to enter his prime.

If lebron wants to play for Miami again, and teams up with Boogie and waterMelon, , then fine. Riley can build a championship team around them. I bet Lebron saw how hard it is to get good role players while over in CLE. Once Kyrie left......

et tu brute? :nonono:

will I be the last one holding out against Lebron?

Not by yourself.

:bowdown:

Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#44 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:48 pm

More Like, Pat Riley building his team, Wade returns and out of no where........ LBJ returns.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/iRHQWF_sp9Y?t=1m10s[/youtube]
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#45 » by ifrosty13 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 am

I'm here to add some fuel to the fire.. Haven't posted in a while but I always lurk in the offseason for any news I might miss. I believe one of two things -- mending the bridge with the Heat for his eventual jersey retirement, or working his way back to Miami.

Let's recap:

1. A little under a year ago Lebron posts this -
2. A few months later a book comes out where Riley is pretty much saying he understood what Lebron did and that it was the right move.
3. Sobe colored shoes when he played against the Heat.
4. Has been mentioned for a while he'd talk to the Heat in this free agency.

We do know that his family did not want to leave Miami at all (his mother and wife) and he continuously spends time in the offseason here. I can picture a scenario where he calls Riley and says, how can you flip this team into a contender if I were to come and how much power are you willing to give me.

If Riley starts making moves I can see Lebron coming back. It would be a way better look on him to have only played for two teams in his career, his family loves Miami, his trainer is here, he's opening up another unknwn in wynwood. Im not saying its happening, but I wouldnt be surprised if it did. I do think in 2014 Lebron started to pave the way back to cleveland a little before the playoffs started with the Ilgauzkas jersey retirement, So I do think it's something he has been considering for a while now, especially when he mentions being around a smart franchise and smart players.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by GameTime_3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:51 pm

How to get LeBron; DREAM....."In Riley, We Trust"

Trade; Bam, Winslow, Goran for Kawhi and Mills
Trade; Hassan in S&T for Boogie
Trade: Dion/Ty Johnson for Melo

Boogie
Melo
LeBron
Kawhi
Mills

Bench: Wade, Kelly, McGruder, James Johnson
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by GameTime_3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:More Like, Pat Riley building his team, Wade returns and out of no where........ LBJ returns.

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#48 » by KingDavid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 am

LeBron is trying to beat the warriors in the finals He's not coming back here only for us to struggle with trying move horrible contracts and no assets.

Let it go guys.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#49 » by radikalBaller » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 am

He is going to philly, they have all the asset to get Lebron and Kawi ia simmons trade

Lebron
Kawi
Covington
Saric
Embiid

Bench: Belinelly, Miles Bridges or Collin Sexton or Wendel Carter, Holmes, Fultz, Mcconel, Justin anderson

They would dominate the east, Lebron is an opportunist, and of all teams Philly holds the most card in term of capsapce and trade assets.

Just keep an eye on Philly hiring david griffin...
fsuizzy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,645

Post#50 » by fsuizzy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:41 am

I'm betting that Lebron is going to pick from three teams. Sure he'll listen other teams but he really wants that home environment.

He currently lives or has lived in 3 places with his family.

Cleveland
Miami
LA

Cleveland-The owner wants to move on.
Miami-Pat is open to starting a new relationship with Lebron. But our Cap space is horrible and we'd need to trade away some players for nothing to make room for not just one but at least two big names. It seems unlikely.
LA (Lakers)-Is in the West and still would struggle against Houston and GS with Lebron and even possibly Paul George. Except now he doesn't make the finals.

Why not NYK-The Owner. But he does like their new coach.
Why not Houston-He already said no.
Why not Clippers-Why play for the Clippers when you could play for the Lakers.
Why not SA-They have their own in house problems to deal with first with Kawhi despite the news reports. Plus trades that need to go down to relieve a lot of cap space.
Why not Philly-He needs proven winners to surround himself with.

Honestly, if I were Lebron I'd sign a 1 year extension. And test the market next year.
"JIMMY BUCKETS"
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#51 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 am

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
OtW
Suspended
And1: 1,860

Post#52 » by OtW » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:33 am

I would LOVE a Heat-LeBron reunion, at the very least so the final years of D.Wade's career can be maximized, and so the reconciliation with Riley may happen. Regardless of the outcome, LBJ taking a meeting with the Heat may allow those wounds to heal just as they did with Dan Gilbert after that infamous "plane meeting" in 2014.

But, all of the te leaves are pointing to L.A: his family wanting to settle down there and already owning a home there, his dabbling in/ownership of various ventures in the entertainment business/other businesses like Blaze's pizza, acting career, his good relationship with Magic Johnson, the supposed rumor of his kids already being enrolled into L.A. area schools, and the fact that various "entertainment executives" already think it's a done deal, and that LBJ and his team have been aggressively laying out the groundwork for the past year to make this move possible. Have you guys checked the Vegas odds lately for LBJ's final destination? L.A. now leads every other team by a pretty healthy margin.

The last time the tea leaves were ignored? 2014. When everyone, including a **** cupcake shop, knew that LBJ was going back to Cleveland prior to his meeting with RIley in Las Vegas. Again, in that scenario, his team was laying out the groundwork for a potential return as early as his second season with the Heat in 2011/2012. Woj, Windhorst, or someone first reported it after one of the Heat's away games in Cleveland that season, and then it was pretty widely publicized after LBJ's return was made public in July of 2014. Despite LBJ taking all of these meetings with other teams including the Heat, I will be shocked if he suits up in any jersey other than Purple/Gold for the Lakers. He's already said that he doesn't like Houston as a city, and his family hasn't really settled down in Philly or San Antonio. You don't buy a second home in L.A. and tour high schools in the area for nothing. And, unfortunately, aside from his personal trainer, Wade/Haslem, his investment into Unknwn clothing boutique, and his affection for Komodo in Brickell, LBJ doesn't really have any ties down here. He sold his mansion in the Coconut Grove a while ago without buying another Miami-area property, while his wife closed up her business, the Juice Spot, in Brickell.

Even behind the obvious media push wanting him in a big market like L.A., the tea leaves are just too much to ignore. At this point, I'm just hoping that he and Riley reconcile for their own peace of mind before he signs with the Lakers.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#53 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am

LAL or Philly

Maybe SAS but very doubtful
:reporter:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#54 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

If it's Philly - there's no chance he plays next to Simmons. Worst fit imaginable.

They can move him for a star and they have enough asset to add some quality win now players.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,971

Post#55 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 am

I just hope the Heat can somehow facilitate a trade for the Lakers to get three max players so that we can get a first round pick back. Make up for the one we traded away to sign LBJ as a FA.........;)
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#56 » by puppa bear » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am

OtW wrote:I would LOVE a Heat-LeBron reunion, at the very least so the final years of D.Wade's career can be maximized, and so the reconciliation with Riley may happen. Regardless of the outcome, LBJ taking a meeting with the Heat may allow those wounds to heal just as they did with Dan Gilbert after that infamous "plane meeting" in 2014.

But, all of the te leaves are pointing to L.A: his family wanting to settle down there and already owning a home there, his dabbling in/ownership of various ventures in the entertainment business/other businesses like Blaze's pizza, acting career, his good relationship with Magic Johnson, the supposed rumor of his kids already being enrolled into L.A. area schools, and the fact that various "entertainment executives" already think it's a done deal, and that LBJ and his team have been aggressively laying out the groundwork for the past year to make this move possible. Have you guys checked the Vegas odds lately for LBJ's final destination? L.A. now leads every other team by a pretty healthy margin.

The last time the tea leaves were ignored? 2014. When everyone, including a **** cupcake shop, knew that LBJ was going back to Cleveland prior to his meeting with RIley in Las Vegas. Again, in that scenario, his team was laying out the groundwork for a potential return as early as his second season with the Heat in 2011/2012. Woj, Windhorst, or someone first reported it after one of the Heat's away games in Cleveland that season, and then it was pretty widely publicized after LBJ's return was made public in July of 2014. Despite LBJ taking all of these meetings with other teams including the Heat, I will be shocked if he suits up in any jersey other than Purple/Gold for the Lakers. He's already said that he doesn't like Houston as a city, and his family hasn't really settled down in Philly or San Antonio. You don't buy a second home in L.A. and tour high schools in the area for nothing. And, unfortunately, aside from his personal trainer, Wade/Haslem, his investment into Unknwn clothing boutique, and his affection for Komodo in Brickell, LBJ doesn't really have any ties down here. He sold his mansion in the Coconut Grove a while ago without buying another Miami-area property, while his wife closed up her business, the Juice Spot, in Brickell.

Even behind the obvious media push wanting him in a big market like L.A., the tea leaves are just too much to ignore. At this point, I'm just hoping that he and Riley reconcile for their own peace of mind before he signs with the Lakers.

If that's he case then we take advantage of them trying to move Deng's cap space for a useful piece, or pure space. Ingram would be a great prize, but the reality is a pick or Kuz might be what you can get.

Ingram will be saved for a real player that can help finish the roster - depending on what they can get in FA. If they get PG & LBJ then post, SG and PG become he most important pieces & if they trust Ball then it's just post & SG.

Would it be worth doing a deal around Ingram/Deng for Richardson/Whiteside?

Ball/Josh/PG/Bron/Whiteside with Kuz & a assortment of vets off the bench.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by radikalBaller » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:LAL or Philly

Maybe SAS but very doubtful

Yep, it is pretty much LA or Philly

Other teams have oo much work to do to clear space, nobody would want ryan anderson or whiteside contract
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by radikalBaller » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 pm

If I was him would go to Philly, because in LA he may never make the finals again
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#59 » by puppa bear » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 pm

radikalBaller wrote:If I was him would go to Philly, because in LA he may never make the finals again

I would only go to Philly if they were prepared to trade Simmons for a piece that actually fits with Bron & Biid. But that's a big commitment for the franchise, considering he could be Bron-lite & spend his whole career there (or at least until he qualifies for and signs the supermax).

As much as it may cost you Bron, if I was he Sixers I'd approach every FA with the attitude "you're signing to play with what we currently have - they're our core and we're adding you to them".
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#60 » by contract » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:02 pm

puppa bear wrote:
OtW wrote:I would LOVE a Heat-LeBron reunion, at the very least so the final years of D.Wade's career can be maximized, and so the reconciliation with Riley may happen. Regardless of the outcome, LBJ taking a meeting with the Heat may allow those wounds to heal just as they did with Dan Gilbert after that infamous "plane meeting" in 2014.

If that's he case then we take advantage of them trying to move Deng's cap space for a useful piece, or pure space. Ingram would be a great prize, but the reality is a pick or Kuz might be what you can get.

Ingram will be saved for a real player that can help finish the roster - depending on what they can get in FA. If they get PG & LBJ then post, SG and PG become he most important pieces & if they trust Ball then it's just post & SG.

Would it be worth doing a deal around Ingram/Deng for Richardson/Whiteside?

Ball/Josh/PG/Bron/Whiteside with Kuz & a assortment of vets off the bench.

We can't create space for ourselves or anyone else. We can't absorb salary. We're not just capped out, we're in the luxury tax.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to Miami Heat