ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XIX

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Re: Random Thoughts XIX 

Post#1481 » by QUIZ » Thu Sep 3, 2020 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Wow
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1482 » by goodboy » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:58 pm

Tony vs Dustin should have been a 5 rounder. WTH ufc.

Either way, best card in recent memory.
Bright
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,310

Post#1483 » by Bishop45 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:11 am

Harden passed up an open 3, I'm gnna b sick
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#1484 » by Seabass777 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Hope you guys don't mind me asking but, I wanted to know what do some of you guys do for work? How do you make your money. I'm in nursing school right now and I'm looking to dive into other fields after graduation.

What are some good fields that are booming right now to make some good money, that has a short learning curve?

Thanks for any feedback it's greatly appreciated.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1485 » by Bishop45 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Seabass777 wrote:Hope you guys don't mind me asking but, I wanted to know what do some of you guys do for work? How do you make your money. I'm in nursing school right now and I'm looking to dive into other fields after graduation.

What are some good fields that are booming right now to make some good money, that has a short learning curve?

I'm a painter/teacher/writer-- not necessarily a short learning curve or a field to make a ton of money- maybe, not the way that I do it at least.

Legit 'good money' in the short term usually involves substantial monetary risks in the form of investment in something, someone, or yourself-- sorry if that doesn't help, but you're asking for advice from a brokeboi. I'd try some of the hot shots on reddit, although I'm sure a good amount of them rather be snarky than helpful

I tell my youngins tho, if they don't want to go to school: that electrician work, coding, and rental properties is a b-line to some decent industries in 2020-- those can have short learning curves if you work hard and consider 'short' to be about 2-3 yrs

Rest in Power Chadwick

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#1486 » by Heat3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:50 pm

Booming, good money, and short learning curve?

Adult work I guess. :dontknow:

Anything else requires investment in yourself which will take time. Short learning curve means little/low skill to me. Who will pay good money for that when there are so many others that can fit that role especially in these times with high unemployment?

I do software development. But I went to university for 7 years combined for undergrad and graduate degrees. The money is good, better than your avg job in my experience, but it is competitive. You have to constantly learn and compete or else you’ll get replaced by cheaper younger or foreign workers.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1487 » by IggieCC » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 pm

I'm a foreign disposable worker.

I suppose you don't have to worry about it but highly not recommend.

I have a MS in political science. I work for a consulting firm. I'm on computer all the time. 3-4 hours sleep average. Sleep in on Sundays. Definitely recommend going to software/engineering field if you could.

God bless to yall
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1488 » by IggieCC » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:33 pm

talking Harden in random thoughts :noway:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1489 » by goodboy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:37 am

See location,

I am booming, so is my company.

See google reviews.
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1490 » by IggieCC » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:56 am

:noway:
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1491 » by IggieCC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:03 am

Read on Twitter
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1492 » by Bishop45 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Headed for a constitutional crisis and subsequent domestic terrorism and there's no responsive authority in place to stop it

Documentary on 2020, if there's anything left after it, should be wild

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#1493 » by Seabass777 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 am

Thank you for the input guys
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
JWiL
Freshman
And1: 91

Post#1494 » by JWiL » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 am

Seabass777 wrote:Hope you guys don't mind me asking but, I wanted to know what do some of you guys do for work? How do you make your money. I'm in nursing school right now and I'm looking to dive into other fields after graduation.

I'm in advertising but it's not an easy industry to get into, usually need a degree + go to an ad school. I'd also recommend software development, have a lot of friends in that industry making decent money. I think people are also self-teaching programming nowadays but not sure how easy that is or whether it leads to employment.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1495 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 am

Nursing is a solid field to be in. Is it going to be tough to find a job? Check out usajobs.gov. Solid fed jobs. Long hiring process.
OP for NBA FT record
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#1496 » by Seabass777 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:10 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Nursing is a solid field to be in. Is it going to be tough to find a job? Check out usajobs.gov. Solid fed jobs. Long hiring process.

No finding a job won't be tough after graduation, but I really am interested in the business sector like tax preparation, or insurance, real estate etc, but I was really curious if there are other fields similar to these, that you can learn on your own, take a course, and then get a job.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1497 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Seabass777 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

No finding a job won't be tough after graduation, but I really am interested in the business sector like tax preparation, or insurance, real estate etc, but I was really curious if there are other fields similar to these, that you can learn on your own, take a course, and then get a job.

Insurance adjuster. Just cuz it’s easy to get the job though does not mean it would be easy to do. If you do adjusting as an independent contractor after emergencies you can make six figures. Dangerous work though. Gotta climb on roofs after hurricanes or go in houses after floods.
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1498 » by Bishop45 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:01 am

RIP RBG. Legendary woman

2020's a nightmare, and '21 might not be much better. Scary hrs brehs

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1499 » by Bishop45 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:30 pm

Rest in Power Chadwick

al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,740

Post#1500 » by al bondiga » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Seabass777 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

I know your lost friend! everybody is at a young age... anybody who tells you otherwise is mostly lying... the trick is to know as soon as you can what you're good at and what you love... then anything can happen... but most people don't... if you are in nursing it means you have an inclination for the medical field, become a doctor , do it !!

even though you will have doubts now and during your career, it's not all about the money and the super greedy insurance companies

Return to Miami Heat