ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XIX

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Random Thoughts XIX 

Post#1021 » by goodboy » Sat May 16, 2020 8:18 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
goodboy wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Totally, that's why you Canadians can't stay out.

We just like to use your weather and women. :roll:

Most Canadians in South Florida are snowbirds that stay home all day.

Shutup Seattle
Bright
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#1022 » by KingDavid » Sat May 16, 2020 8:21 am

goodboy wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
goodboy wrote:No surprise that FL is easily one of the dumbest states in the U.S.

But I do like them having the UFC though.

And our food, and our beaches. Take the good with the bad. :lol:
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1023 » by goodboy » Sat May 16, 2020 8:27 am

KingDavid wrote:
goodboy wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

Fine, thats true.

Atleast its always way better than living in Seattle. Bunch of tech hippies.
Bright
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1024 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat May 16, 2020 8:30 am

goodboy wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
goodboy wrote:We just like to use your weather and women. :roll:

Fine, thats true.

Yup.
OP for NBA FT record
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1025 » by goodboy » Sat May 16, 2020 8:37 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
goodboy wrote:
KingDavid wrote:And our food, and our beaches. Take the good with the bad. :lol:

Fine, thats true.

Yup.

Fine, good for coffee though.

Atleast its always way better than living no-mans land Oklahoma. Bunch of zombies and a random Japanese guy waiting on shadow boxing wish order.
Bright
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1026 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat May 16, 2020 9:08 am

goodboy wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
goodboy wrote:Fine, thats true.

Yup.

Atleast its always way better than living no-mans land Oklahoma. Bunch of zombies and a random Japanese guy waiting on shadow boxing wish order.

No it’s not.
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,466

Post#1027 » by Bishop45 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:36 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Spoiler:
Bishop45 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
I'm hearing the NBA putting things in place to be able to play games again and also handle the situation if someone becomes positive with the virus.

Players are currently able to use the practice facilities while wearing masks, practicing social distancing, and increased cleaning. When the court they're able to take off the masks but currently still have to social distance.

For real games... it comes down to this, if you can presume that all people required for a game are negative for the virus and are also in a controlled environment games should be fine which is why you can't add wildcards like fans. If families are going to stay in this controlled environment they have to live by the same rules as the NBA people. If someone test positive, they are removed instantly, the areas they were at are snatized and everyone around them retests(but they may do daily testing already). It's all about a controlled environment and the NBA has the money and the incentive to do this... and the players have millions of reasons to comply with a controlled environment to allow them to finish the season(and possibly play next year).

Reality is, they can't keep an 100% controlled environment. That would mean keeping the announcers, custodians, on/off court employees, media, security, hotel workers, etc. all contained in the same place- for months. An actual quarantine

And if somebody- just 1 person- comes up seriously ill, how does the league even explain that? They didn't expect anyone could get sick while on the frontlines of a pandemic?
[

Looks like we are seeing the first signs of opening too early. The article below notes that the county was already experiencing an uptick in cases before the county even opened, but wow, too soon. Be safe everyone. I hope you all are staying well.

“Palm Beach County, FL reported a 71% increase in new cases the last 7 days compared to the previous 7 days,” the document explains. “The state authorized Palm Beach County to begin Phase 1 of reopening on 11 May, which includes the reopening of barbershops, salons, restaurants, and other businesses.”

https://us.yahoo.com/news/newly-reopened-south-florida-seen-as-emerging-coronavirus-hotspot-223903143.html

I tried to sneak into Walmart to get a few things today, the lines were reaching to the back of the store like it was a holiday and employees weren't limiting the amount of ppl to come in at any given time either.

My county has the most cases in Orlando and more than twice as many as the second highest county; if I were religious, I'd pray for us
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1028 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat May 16, 2020 9:57 am

Bishop45 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
Spoiler:
Bishop45 wrote:
Reality is, they can't keep an 100% controlled environment. That would mean keeping the announcers, custodians, on/off court employees, media, security, hotel workers, etc. all contained in the same place- for months. An actual quarantine

And if somebody- just 1 person- comes up seriously ill, how does the league even explain that? They didn't expect anyone could get sick while on the frontlines of a pandemic?
[

Looks like we are seeing the first signs of opening too early. The article below notes that the county was already experiencing an uptick in cases before the county even opened, but wow, too soon. Be safe everyone. I hope you all are staying well.

“Palm Beach County, FL reported a 71% increase in new cases the last 7 days compared to the previous 7 days,” the document explains. “The state authorized Palm Beach County to begin Phase 1 of reopening on 11 May, which includes the reopening of barbershops, salons, restaurants, and other businesses.”

https://us.yahoo.com/news/newly-reopened-south-florida-seen-as-emerging-coronavirus-hotspot-223903143.html

I tried to sneak into Walmart to get a few things today, the lines were reaching to the back of the store like it was a holiday and employees weren't limiting the amount of ppl to come in at any given time either.

My county has the most cases in Orlando and more than twice as many as the second highest county; if I were religious, I'd pray for us

Your name is Bishop tho.
OP for NBA FT record
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#1029 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Sat May 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Saw this on another forum

OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#1030 » by OvOh » Sat May 16, 2020 7:15 pm

goodboy wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
goodboy wrote:Fine, thats true.

Yup.

Don't forget the gas station vegan mini donuts. That alone is worth the trip
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1031 » by IggieCC » Sat May 16, 2020 8:10 pm

OvOh wrote:
goodboy wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
Yup.

Don't forget the gas station vegan mini donuts. That alone is worth the trip

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1032 » by IggieCC » Sat May 16, 2020 8:32 pm

goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:

still waiting for the shadow boxing resistant bands from freaking Wish to arrive bish

LMAO

Thats wishful thinking (no pun) to think that chit its gonna be @ your doorstep anytime soon GUY.

ESPECIALLY IN THESE TIMES

I'm sure getting stuff from China rn is difficult in general, but I'm 100% convinced that WISH is a scam site.

I've ordered over 10 items (LOL thanks coronavirus) since mid March and none has arrived. Which is fine. Stuff happens in life and so forth. But what I despise the most about WISH is how they keep changing the expected arrival time seemingly eternally and never own up to the fact that they cannot fulfill their orders sometimes. I don't want most of those items in freaking September. SMDH
Half of items I ordered had the initially estimated arrival date around mid April to early May, then it magically became mid-May as the original dates past, now late May to June. They should have said that those items' estimated arrival date is UNKNOWN then I'd have been more than happy to move along. Scammers. :x
And their "customer service" is 100% chatbots. As long as your items are within the estimate arrival date, which they will be forever, you are not getting any response but "be patient, coronavirus." Writing DMs yield just about the same results.

I'd advise against buying from oversea sellers in general rn (China in particular, I suppose). But at least I didn't have any problem getting refunds from foreign sellers via eBay, Amazon, Walmart and so forth when items end up not showing up. WISH is impossible. Stay away. I suspect places like Aliexpress would be equally bad if not worse.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1033 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun May 17, 2020 5:52 am

IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:

still waiting for the shadow boxing resistant bands from freaking Wish to arrive bish

LMAO

Thats wishful thinking (no pun) to think that chit its gonna be @ your doorstep anytime soon GUY.

I'm sure getting stuff from China rn is difficult in general, but I'm 100% convinced that WISH is a scam site.

I've ordered over 10 items (LOL thanks coronavirus) since mid March and none has arrived. Which is fine. Stuff happens in life and so forth. But what I despise the most about WISH is how they keep changing the expected arrival time seemingly eternally and never own up to the fact that they cannot fulfill their orders sometimes. I don't want most of those items in freaking September. SMDH
Half of items I ordered had the initially estimated arrival date around mid April to early May, then it magically became mid-May as the original dates past, now late May to June. They should have said that those items' estimated arrival date is UNKNOWN then I'd have been more than happy to move along. Scammers. :x
And their "customer service" is 100% chatbots. As long as your items are within the estimate arrival date, which they will be forever, you are not getting any response but "be patient, coronavirus." Writing DMs yield just about the same results.

I'd advise against buying from oversea sellers in general rn (China in particular, I suppose). But at least I didn't have any problem getting refunds from foreign sellers via eBay, Amazon, Walmart and so forth when items end up not showing up. WISH is impossible. Stay away. I suspect places like Aliexpress would be equally bad if not worse.

Tldr
OP for NBA FT record
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#1034 » by KingDavid » Sun May 17, 2020 9:14 am

RonySeikalyFTW wrote:Saw this on another forum

Would buy asap
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1035 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1036 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Rest in Power Chadwick

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,729

Post#1037 » by AirP. » Sun May 17, 2020 3:27 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Spoiler:
Bishop45 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
I'm hearing the NBA putting things in place to be able to play games again and also handle the situation if someone becomes positive with the virus.

Players are currently able to use the practice facilities while wearing masks, practicing social distancing, and increased cleaning. When the court they're able to take off the masks but currently still have to social distance.

For real games... it comes down to this, if you can presume that all people required for a game are negative for the virus and are also in a controlled environment games should be fine which is why you can't add wildcards like fans. If families are going to stay in this controlled environment they have to live by the same rules as the NBA people. If someone test positive, they are removed instantly, the areas they were at are snatized and everyone around them retests(but they may do daily testing already). It's all about a controlled environment and the NBA has the money and the incentive to do this... and the players have millions of reasons to comply with a controlled environment to allow them to finish the season(and possibly play next year).

[

Too early? It's going to happen whenever it's opened, 3 weeks ago or 12 more weeks into the future, it's a virus that's spread worldwide, unless it's completely wiped out it's going to come back.

My hope is that after this 2nd big wave MOST people realize we can't go back to how it was before the virus and most of society not because it will never be all will realize we all have a part in slowing down the spread of this virus.

The issue with not opening up is a guarantee of even more economic struggles. Let's just hope people realize quick enough that this isn't going to go away anytime soon(6+ months) and maybe slow it down enough by changing their habits so we don't have to not go into lockdown a 2nd time(for those who are no longer on lockdown).

It's going to be bad to see all these fringe companies gone because that's going to be a lot of jobs lost.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1038 » by IggieCC » Mon May 18, 2020 1:59 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:LMAO

TL;DR
Spoiler:

Tldr

Spoiler:
WISH IS SCAM
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1039 » by IggieCC » Mon May 18, 2020 2:01 am

Bishop45 wrote: