ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XIX

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Random Thoughts XIX 

Post#701 » by goodboy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 pm

IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:Not to turn this against white folk, but why is that every non-white person here is actually taking this seriously?

Drive throughs - NO GLOVES, I WANT YOU TO WEAR GLOVES. Any other color I came across wears gloves/masks or something as I get my coffee.

And they're all outside thinking nothing is happening. SMH.

The same thing happened to me when I picked up some fast food the other day. At first window a lady took my card, gave it back to me with a receipt with bare hands like there was no coronavirus. Goes to another window, a couple of female workers just hanging out talking like there is no coronavirus going around. No gloves, no minimum contact, nothing. Just a regular transaction. I figured I'd get some food to help the economy a little bit, but not to sacrifice my health (over freaking fast food no less). Heck wear freaking gloves if you're dealing with food with or without coronavirus going around!

There are some places, that I heard/read, you can use apps to order on your phone and pick up your stuff with minimum contact with their workers though. So that's the way to go I guess.

I'm from a country which does not do much testing, or that strict of social distancing, but most of people have very strong discipline and common sense. We barely have 1,000 cases as of today. You can doubt that number due to little testing, but our healthcare system surely isn't overloaded and people aren't dying left to right like some other countries. Wear masks, stay the phuck away from each other, don't talk into someone's face, don't talk loud in public, that kinda simple stuff goes a long way.

I have learnt to hug, for the first time, in my early twenties from Western people. lmao true story. we don't even shake hands very much normally.

Very odd iggs, I thought being in the customer service department, of any stature, you MUST wear gloves/masks or one of each atleast when dealing with customers on a daily with this chaos going on now. I legit thought about complaining LOL Not even to the slightest I'd thought to stoop that low, but man you never know. Lysol'd my whole damn cup head to ass on that when I returned home.

The #'s are growing here each day (well province wise, not city wise) by the 100s. And thats just speculation for the ones who are getting tested and god knows for the ones who havent been.

I dont really use those kinda apps tbh, because I buy pretty minimal If I grab something on the go. But for coffee, that isnt do-able.
I think social distancing/isolation is vital but It wont last... unfortunately people will feel imprisoned and depressed and the chain will easily break any given time. You can tame animals in captivity, but not us when we're use to such luxuries/freedom as it is, pandemic or not. The only way I can see it if military was involved and actual charges been written up for not abiding the distancing.

Hugs should be a 10 year prison sentence now SMH
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#702 » by IggieCC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:32 am

goodboy wrote:
I dont really use those kinda apps tbh, because I buy pretty minimal If I grab something on the go. But for coffee, that isnt do-able.
I think social distancing/isolation is vital but It wont last... unfortunately people will feel imprisoned and depressed and the chain will easily break any given time. You can tame animals in captivity, but not us when we're use to such luxuries/freedom as it is, pandemic or not. The only way I can see it if military was involved and actual charges been written up for not abiding the distancing.

Hugs should be a 10 year prison sentence now SMH

Yeah, even Japanese people only lasted about a few weeks and now they are in a phuck it let's open up slowly mode (they resumed a lot of outdoor entertainment (ex. amusement parks are open for outdoor rides, but not indoor ones/facilities and so forth) and most restaurants are open if I'm not mistaken. Only China, and a few other hardcore countries can enforce such strict lockdowns and actually contain the spread. That's why people need to use common sense and be more sanitary in general. After all this mess is over, more people will continually wash their hands properly and that'd be one sad (but slick very important) silver-lining. If millions of millions of people avoid getting a regular flu, that would save a chitload of people's lives though no one would care because it's not hot selling like this freaking coronavirus :roll:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,795

Post#703 » by Mos_Heat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 am

Quarantine strategy is not sustainable. Even for China. Need a better plan
:reporter:
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,594

Post#704 » by AirP. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:Quarantine strategy is not sustainable. Even for China. Need a better plan

There is only really one viable plan, to slow down the spread so there's enough room in the hospitals where patients can be admitted to and helped until a vaccine is found and be approved.

I'm actually surprised something this big isn't happened more often with the ability to travel great distances being so easy without testing at airport/bus hubs before everyone gets put in a small area (which this may change things much like 9/11 changed things). How angry are people going to be if they have a fever, the airport catches that and doesn't allow a person to board.

In a world where people care about each other, social distancing and just being respectful of people would do wonders but that's not the world we live in, for example we have people licking grocery items and putting them back on shelves, employees messing with food they'll have served to customers, people just refusing to give a damn about anyone else because it'll mess with their fun(beaches), and even now people are still gathering in cities just to go against "the man". Most people only consume info from the major news outlets but they only filter what you see, usually to fit their own narratives(I go to left and right websites to try to figure out the real story since both are usually biased).
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#705 » by Heat3 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 pm

I was driving around town yesterday getting some things.....and was absolutely loving the lack of traffic! In the middle of the day it felt like early Sunday morning. There is a silver lining in all of this.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#706 » by Majestic7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm headed out tomorrow for the first time in 14 days. First to Shell for some gas, then to Publix for food. Hope to get enough for three weeks if all goes well. Got gloves to deal with the pumping of gas and, of course, a mask and wipes to deal with Publix. No way to know if there will be anyone there who has the virus and doesn't know it. That's the scary part. Hope the food I buy isn't contaminated either. Will be wiping everything down the best I can. Wish me luck!! These are scary times for me (70) and my Mom (97). We get this chit and we're probably goners. Stay safe everyone. No sports at all really SUCKS!!
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#707 » by IggieCC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Majestic7 wrote:I'm headed out tomorrow for the first time in 14 days. First to Shell for some gas, then to Publix for food. Hope to get enough for three weeks if all goes well. Got gloves to deal with the pumping of gas and, of course, a mask and wipes to deal with Publix. No way to know if there will be anyone there who has the virus and doesn't know it. That's the scary part. Hope the food I buy isn't contaminated either. Will be wiping everything down the best I can. Wish me luck!! These are scary times for me (70) and my Mom (97). We get this chit and we're probably goners. Stay safe everyone. No sports at all really SUCKS!!

70 is not that old in the society we live in. As long as your hospitals are not maxed out on capacity (which I believe they are not) you're in good hands. Good luck!
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,356

Post#708 » by Bishop45 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Goodluck Maj, and take care

Don't think the Gov has the stones(or legality) to try to reopen the entire US, but this Liberty University thing will def get a lot of looks. Desantis as well looks like he wants to loosen up some restrictions and reopen mid-April at least, we'll see how that goes.

I don't get these conservatives that want to restart the economy immediately but won't peg on the Orange asshat to use the defense protection act and order countrywide testing. Talking out of both sides of their asses
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Majestic7
Starter

Post#709 » by Majestic7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Majestic7 wrote:I'm headed out tomorrow for the first time in 14 days. First to Shell for some gas, then to Publix for food. Hope to get enough for three weeks if all goes well. Got gloves to deal with the pumping of gas and, of course, a mask and wipes to deal with Publix. No way to know if there will be anyone there who has the virus and doesn't know it. That's the scary part. Hope the food I buy isn't contaminated either. Will be wiping everything down the best I can. Wish me luck!! These are scary times for me (70) and my Mom (97). We get this chit and we're probably goners. Stay safe everyone. No sports at all really SUCKS!!

70 is not that old in the society we live in. As long as your hospitals are not maxed out on capacity (which I believe they are not) you're in good hands. Good luck!

Thanks Iggie. I'm still slim and in good shape. I can pass for late 50's early 60's and no one would question it. Feeling pretty good these days. Very worried about my Mom though. No one gets into our condo, I just hope I can avoid contact with the virus when I have to shop for food. Hope all you guys are staying home as much as possible and staying safe. This is such a horrible situation that the whole world is in. Testing, isolation, tracing is what needs to be done to flatten the curve and the US is not doing enough testing. Really pisses me off that Trump is more concerned about the economy than American lives. If we don't focus on testing this is going to get a lot worse. Hang tough guys!!
Majestic7
Starter

Post#710 » by Majestic7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Goodluck Maj, and take care

Don't think the Gov has the stones(or legality) to try to reopen the entire US, but this Liberty University thing will def get a lot of looks. Desantis as well looks like he wants to loosen up some restrictions and reopen mid-April at least, we'll see how that goes.

I don't get these conservatives that want to restart the economy immediately but won't peg on the Orange asshat to use the defense protection act and order countrywide testing. Talking out of both sides of their asses

Thanks Bish. Hope all is well with you and your family. As I just mentioned, testing, isolation, tracing is the key to slowing this virus down and Trump/DeSantis don't seem like they are going to do that. Talking about loosening restrictions in two weeks is completely insane. If it happens the virus will spread like wildfire and a lot of people are going to die. The leadership in Washington and in some states are clueless and behaving recklessly.

Latest update: COVID-19 recorded cases = 68,905 (Probably way more actually have the virus), 1,037 deaths and rapidly increasing.
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,351

Post#711 » by BaffLer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:29 pm

This isn't going to get any better any time soon, is it? :'(
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,737

Post#712 » by Chalm Down » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:31 pm

I’m so worried about the small businesses

Wanna get some takeout to help out, but feel like the next couple weeks are critical to stay home at all costs. Pls hold onto the rope, my favorite restaurants/cafes
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,594

Post#713 » by AirP. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm

Chalm Down wrote:I’m so worried about the small businesses

Wanna get some takeout to help out, but feel like the next couple weeks are critical to stay home at all costs. Pls hold onto the rope, my favorite restaurants/cafes

Yeah, this is going to be a killer for small businesses, it usually takes a few years to turn a profit and then it still takes a while to be really profitable. There's going to be a lot of small businesses that fold while the bigger businesses will be hurting but will be big enough to handle it as a short term loss and then... reap the benefits of a lot fewer options for the consumer. This could be a real start of the end of capitalism, I'm not sure how many people are realizing this and how different our lives could be in the future because of so many of the small businesses closing.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#714 » by goodboy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:38 pm

Not worth the health risk chalms, atleast for a few-weeks/month
Bright
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,356

Post#715 » by Bishop45 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:05 am

A lot of landlords are going to have some tough decisions to make as well if the workforce is out of commission for a month+ more
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,528

Post#716 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:33 am

Tiger King on Netflix smdh
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,636

Post#717 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:37 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Tiger King on Netflix smdh

One of my techs loves it. Can't wait to get off of work in order to watch it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it wasn't for me.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,528

Post#718 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:10 am

DayofMourning wrote:

One of my techs loves it. Can't wait to get off of work in order to watch it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it wasn't for me.

Total chit show train wreck but watched the whole damn thing. Just when you think you seen it all :lol:
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,616

Post#719 » by Umbooki » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:14 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Total chit show train wreck but watched the whole damn thing. Just when you think you seen it all :lol:

They’re built different down south. Throw giant cats into the mix and it’s like, “What?”
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#720 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:43 pm

https://i.imgur.com/jnuXuKf.mp4

dont know how to embed this
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016

Return to Miami Heat