ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2018-2019 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Will Goodboy ever win a banner?

Yes
13%
Who is Goodboy?
31%
No
56%

Total votes: 54

delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Re: Miami Heat 2018-2019 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1201 » by delanka » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:36 am

HeatWillRise wrote:I'm in for Beal.

Wall, no.

If Wizards are cleaning house with Wall (whoever would take him) and Beal.

Dragic/Whiteside and Winslow for Beal isn't a horrible deal. Although I'm sure other offers will be compelling.

Would hate to give away Rich already.

?
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1202 » by HIF » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 am

Bourne85 wrote:We trade for Wall and ill be officially done with this franchise.

Well that's one hell of a silver lining. :wink:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1203 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:53 pm

I would love to have Wall on this team but yea that contract doesn't make sense for us.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1204 » by radikalBaller » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:06 pm

CrowCat Iggie just burried the Heat season, just tank and hope for RJ Barret or Zion Williamson...How are the skyforce doing ?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,440

Post#1205 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:I'd assume that Wiz will get better offers for Beal but Rich/Whiteside the best offer we could give? Great contract in Rich, great expiree in Whiteside?

Rich+Oly would be better since they already have Dwight.

But yeah, his contract's too good for our packages

Dwight's done + Whiteside's in there because he's going to be a massive expiree which could be q huge asset for them
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#1206 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Washington is talking about blowing it up and starting fresh. So I doubt they give a dam about complementing anyone on their roster, especially Howard.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,798

Post#1207 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:I'd assume that Wiz will get better offers for Beal but Rich/Whiteside the best offer we could give? Great contract in Rich, great expiree in Whiteside?

Rich+Oly would be better since they already have Dwight.

Dwight's done + Whiteside's in there because he's going to be a massive expiree which could be q huge asset for them

Might be done, but he also has guranteed money from Washington for this and next szns
:reporter:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,440

Post#1208 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Rich+Oly would be better since they already have Dwight.

Might be done, but he also has guranteed money from Washington for this and next szns

More reason for the expiree
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#1209 » by JLop » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Josh Richardson has to be the most underrated player I've seen. Involving Josh Richardson in a deal to acquire Bradley Beal makes no sense. If this is the price to pay, my answer is no. As I said before: Bradley Beal and Josh Richardson have very similar statistics. Between those two, Josh Richardson is the most efficient shooter beyond the three point line and is earning a salary of $9,367,200, while Bradley Beal is earning $25,434,263. Very soon, Richardson will average better numbers than Beal.

The third overall pick in this year's draft will earn a salary of $6,524,900. Josh Richardson will earn a salary of $10,116,576 for the next season. If we combine those salaries, we will obtain the sum of $16,641,476. The league's salary cap will be set at $109 million for the 2019-20 season and at $118 million for the 2020-21 season. This leaves us with the amount of $92,358,524 to sign three star players. Most of our contracts will be in their last year, which makes them an asset for the team. We can use Bam Adebayo or attach a future first-round selection to move those contracts. Another option: we can send players, cash, and/or (future) draft picks in exchange for the player we want to acquire (a sign-and-trade agreement).

Pat Riley can enter a room with two star players and close any deal, which leaves us with enough money to pursue a third player in the next season. Before we had nothing to attract players. Now Josh Richardson is playing at a high level. If we put together Cameron Reddish and Richardson, suddenly, we are a much more attractive team. The acquisition of a player like Zion Williamson or Cameron Reddish should be our priority.

We can not involve Josh Richardson in any deal. I do not want the horrendous contract that comes with John Wall, but I prefer a team with John Wall, Josh Richardson, Cameron Reddish and two star players more than a team with Bradley Beal, Cameron Reddish and two more star players. It's better to have John Wall, Josh Richardson and Cameron Reddish than Bradley Beal and Cameron Reddish. I want Bradley Beal in a Miami Heat uniform, but not at Josh Richardson's expense, and if it's not meant to be like that, we should forget about it.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#1210 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Again, NOBODY on the team is untouchable. We should've had Jimmy. Bargain contracts dont mean anything when you remain a fringe playoff/lottery team aka the worst place to be.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#1211 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:I'm in for Beal.

Wall, no.

If Wizards are cleaning house with Wall (whoever would take him) and Beal.

Dragic/Whiteside and Winslow for Beal isn't a horrible deal. Although I'm sure other offers will be compelling.

Would hate to give away Rich already.

Highly doubt they would entertain that. Beal is young and a good player. His salary is not bad, so they will not be looking for salary cap releif. They will likely not care about veterans or role players. They are likely gonna rebuild through the draft and free agency. They are gonna want draft PICKS.

IMO Wall will be used to get salary relief and Beal if they do deal him will be for picks.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,678

Post#1212 » by HEATVols865 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:38 am

Have we gotten Jimmy yet?
Oh wait...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,678

Post#1213 » by HEATVols865 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:39 am

Bradley Beal is a slightly better Dion Waiters

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#1214 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:18 am

JLop wrote:Josh Richardson has to be the most underrated player I've seen. Involving Josh Richardson in a deal to acquire Bradley Beal makes no sense. If this is the price to pay, my answer is no. As I said before: Bradley Beal and Josh Richardson have very similar statistics. Between those two, Josh Richardson is the most efficient shooter beyond the three point line and is earning a salary of $9,367,200, while Bradley Beal is earning $25,434,263. Very soon, Richardson will average better numbers than Beal.

The third overall pick in this year's draft will earn a salary of $6,524,900. Josh Richardson will earn a salary of $10,116,576 for the next season. If we combine those salaries, we will obtain the sum of $16,641,476. The league's salary cap will be set at $109 million for the 2019-20 season and at $118 million for the 2020-21 season. This leaves us with the amount of $92,358,524 to sign three star players. Most of our contracts will be in their last year, which makes them an asset for the team. We can use Bam Adebayo or attach a future first-round selection to move those contracts. Another option: we can send players, cash, and/or (future) draft picks in exchange for the player we want to acquire (a sign-and-trade agreement).

Pat Riley can enter a room with two star players and close any deal, which leaves us with enough money to pursue a third player in the next season. Before we had nothing to attract players. Now Josh Richardson is playing at a high level. If we put together Cameron Reddish and Richardson, suddenly, we are a much more attractive team. The acquisition of a player like Zion Williamson or Cameron Reddish should be our priority.

We can not involve Josh Richardson in any deal. I do not want the horrendous contract that comes with John Wall, but I prefer a team with John Wall, Josh Richardson, Cameron Reddish and two star players more than a team with Bradley Beal, Cameron Reddish and two more star players. It's better to have John Wall, Josh Richardson and Cameron Reddish than Bradley Beal and Cameron Reddish. I want Bradley Beal in a Miami Heat uniform, but not at Josh Richardson's expense, and if it's not meant to be like that, we should forget about it.

Pat has failed to close a deal in a long time. Pat failed to resign Lebron. Pat failed to get Durant, Pat failed to pull a trade to get Butler. Great we have a nice sub start player on a good contracts but we have nothing else. Objectively we are long overdue to blow this team up.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#1215 » by dean456 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 am

Under no circumstance, should we make a trade for John Wall. Whiteside and Wall would be a good combo but Whiteside isn't our future and he isn't a center we can win it all with, same goes for John Wall at the PG position.

John Wall might have the worst contract in the league right now. A guy averaging 18ppg and 9apg for his career and only making 1.5 3's per game on 32% shooting might be worth 20mil but not the 38-46mil he'll make over the next 4 seasons.

If we want to maximize our assets we should be in full tank mode for a top 3 pick. After our rough start I really wouldn't like to see our guys fight back for an eighth seed only to get knocked out easily in the first round leaving us with few options next year.

Whiteside, Dragic and even Johnson become good assets to move in any trade next season. However add to that Bam, JRich, and the top 3 pick, we can move anyone on this team to get multiple guys here easily. If it fails then we have someone legit we can develop with the rest of our young guys and we are a far more nicer looking team for free agents.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#1216 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:21 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
Pat has failed to close a deal in a long time. Pat failed to resign Lebron. Pat failed to get Durant, Pat failed to pull a trade to get Butler. Great we have a nice sub start player on a good contracts but we have nothing else. Objectively we are long overdue to blow this team up.

to be fair, Thibodeau didnt seem to want to trade him to us. Maybe the manlet is still salty about the Bulls-Heat series from years ago
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#1217 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:55 am

What a depressing season
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1218 » by puppa bear » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:45 am

Mos_Heat wrote:What a depressing season

We’re slowly honing in on Zion - gotta look at the bright side ;)
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#1219 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 am

puppa bear wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:What a depressing season

We’re slowly honing in on Zion - gotta look at the bright side ;)

I expect another post all-star playoff push :cry:
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#1220 » by Hallstar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
JLop wrote:Josh Richardson has to be the most underrated player I've seen. Involving Josh Richardson in a deal to acquire Bradley Beal makes no sense. If this is the price to pay, my answer is no. As I said before: Bradley Beal and Josh Richardson have very similar statistics. Between those two, Josh Richardson is the most efficient shooter beyond the three point line and is earning a salary of $9,367,200, while Bradley Beal is earning $25,434,263. Very soon, Richardson will average better numbers than Beal.

Yeah, that part caught me off guard lol. I'm not up for Bradley Beal though, he never did anything in Wiz to tell me he's above a Caron Butler level player and him and Wall together haven't shown the ability to put together strong runs.

Butler, I would've roll the dice, Beal's a tier or two down from that.

Return to Miami Heat