ImageImageImage

gt15: miami heats @ indy pacers | nov 16 7:00pm

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

iggie cc banner

no
25%
no
50%
no
25%

Total votes: 16

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: gt15: miami heats @ indy pacers | nov 16 7:00pm 

Post#281 » by IggieCC » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:39 am

Bishop45 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Pigeotto Winslow has failed us but it should be noted that it has come simultaneously with him being placed back at the 4

Wodie's going to fall out the rotation once JJ/Wade and Dion comes back, unless he takes precedence over TJ which isn't the case now. Although I'm taking Winslow's game tonight over Tyler's, Spo has his reasons (spacing)

Spo should know this by now that Winnie at 4 has never been ideal?

No good options at the 4 tho, so I guess I get it. Rich might be the best option? Idk.

Bam needs to start shooting some damn 3's, biggest disappointment for me so far this season. I think he's overrated as a rim runner and I just don't see the tools for a future starting 5, idk.

yeah JJ is missed more than we think we do. Dion and Wade too. As tank peeps getting excite, I'm afraid this team has another animeOP run in em to ruin it all bish
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,736

Post#282 » by Chalm Down » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:44 am

oreon wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:Winslow needs to go back to doing whatever he was doing his rookie season

Especially hair-wise

He needs the ball. Either trade Dragic and try Winslow as point. Or move him to bench and have him as the primary ball handler for the 2nd unit. Having him as a spacer playing offball ain't going to work

Winslow's future is not as a PG though imo. No good team has a starting PG that has no individual offense unless they're like Rondo/Rubio/Simmons visionary tier of passer (which Winslow is not)

He'd be fine as a tank commander pg, but we need a real young talent at that spot soon once Goran ages out of it
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#283 » by Chalm Down » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:46 am

Looks like op's homeland team will take the L too :(
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Post#284 » by ElDoggo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:46 am

Chalm Down wrote:
oreon wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:Winslow needs to go back to doing whatever he was doing his rookie season

Especially hair-wise

He needs the ball. Either trade Dragic and try Winslow as point. Or move him to bench and have him as the primary ball handler for the 2nd unit. Having him as a spacer playing offball ain't going to work

Winslow's future is not as a PG though imo. No good team has a starting PG that has no individual offense unless they're like Rondo/Rubio/Simmons visionary tier of passer (which Winslow is not)

He'd be fine as a tank commander pg, but we need a real young talent at that spot soon once Goran ages out of it

yea and i dont care what anyone says....goran is a shooting guard.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#285 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 am

The leprechauns
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,347

Post#286 » by Bishop45 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:48 am

Especially hair-wise

Last season was likely Winslow's best statistically, but much more consistent in his rookie year. Suffering from Bourne identity
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#287 » by Jstock12 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 am

Chalm Down wrote:Looks like op's homeland team will take the L too :(

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,489

Post#288 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:50 am

Chalm Down wrote:
oreon wrote:

Especially hair-wise

Correct. People just need to let go with the Winslow at PG hope trafficking. He's a backup SF who can handle the ball as a point forward in spurts. They need to give him the same role he had rookie year.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#289 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:52 am

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#290 » by Chalm Down » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:52 am

Bishop45 wrote:

Especially hair-wise

Last season was likely Winslow's best statistically, but much more consistent in his rookie year. Suffering from Bourne identity

Yeah on second thought, last season was better statistically (other than finishing at rim), but his role in his rookie season felt so much more seamless
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#291 » by Chalm Down » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:54 am

Jstock12 wrote:

Jstock12
RealGM

Post#292 » by Jstock12 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:55 am

Dr_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jstock12
RealGM

Post#293 » by Jstock12 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:56 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#294 » by oreon » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:58 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
oreon wrote:

Correct. People just need to let go with the Winslow at PG hope trafficking. He's a backup SF who can handle the ball as a point forward in spurts. They need to give him the same role he had rookie year.

We are going nowhere this season. Try him out in that position to know for sure. We just gave him a 4 year deal, we need to give him every opportunity to suceed. If it doesn't work we end up with the high pick. As far as I'm concerned the Heat made the choice to go with the young guns when they took J Rich off the table in the Butler trade. They can't keep on halfassing with these vets and trying to make the playoffs has a low seed. Its year 4 in purgatory, with all these contracts we'll be stuck in purgatory for another 2 years. Its going to be a lot more if we don't start planning long-term
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#295 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:58 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Especially hair-wise

Yeah on second thought, last season was better statistically (other than finishing at rim), but his role in his rookie season felt so much more seamless

I think he backed up booty joe that year at SF. He was the primary backup SF and was not asked to do much other then be our defensive stopper and hustle player off the bench. He did that very well. Problem is now they keep wanting to will him into a star but it's just not for him and that's ok. The team should have identified this already.
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#296 » by ElDoggo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:03 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:.

I think he backed up booty joe that year at SF. He was the primary backup SF and was not asked to do much other then be our defensive stopper and hustle player off the bench. He did that very well. Problem is now they keep wanting to will him into a star but it's just not for him and that's ok. The team should have identified this already.

that said, does it justify the new contract?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,347

Post#297 » by Bishop45 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:07 am

I'm the lone Point Winnie truther and I don't think it's impossible for him to be a starting point on a good team. He was averaging about 6:2 assist ratio as the starting point, although that was like 3 games

He needs to play with other great playmakers/offensive players. Dejounte Murray last year is a limp comparison(as he played 26 mpg as a starter) but he made a big impact as a starting PG.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#298 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:07 am

Doctor P wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

I don't think so but with all the crazy contracts the Heat felt the dice roll was worth it. If he can turn into a solid 6th man then that contract will still be decent.
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#299 » by Chalm Down » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:08 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:.

I think he works as the ball-handler on the second unit (worked well last season iirc), but yeah I don't see him as a straight-up pg or anything

Maybe he will fit in better once JJ is starting and Winslow is on the bench again. But then when Wade comes back, Winslow probably won't have the ball in his hands much...

All in all, the roster is a mess lol :)
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#300 » by ElDoggo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Doctor P wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I think he backed up booty joe that year at SF. He was the primary backup SF and was not asked to do much other then be our defensive stopper and hustle player off the bench. He did that very well. Problem is now they keep wanting to will him into a star but it's just not for him and that's ok. The team should have identified this already.

I don't think so but with all the crazy contracts the Heat felt the dice roll was worth it. If he can turn into a solid 6th man then that contract will still be decent.

shocked they didnt want to let him walk we have so much duplication

Return to Miami Heat