ImageImageImage

Lebrons vs Heat, Sunday 11/18/18 6:00p

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Re: Lebrons vs Heat, Sunday 11/18/18 6:00p 

Post#561 » by ElDoggo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:49 am

Lilseb93 wrote:The Heat are actually managed worse than the Marlins. At least they are trying to rebuild the team for long term success. This may be the worst ran team in South FL at the moment. If the person in charge wasn't Pat Riley, people would be fired.

ha. such drama. this is merely a team in transition. duh
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,190

Post#562 » by Lilseb93 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:53 am

I might be being overdramatic, but my point is I'd rather the team rebuild than try to compete for a bottom seed. The Heat and the Dolphins are in limbo which is worse than being bad.
Heat Culture :hug:
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#563 » by ElDoggo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 am

Lilseb93 wrote:I might be being overdramatic, but my point is I'd rather the team rebuild than try to compete for a bottom seed. The Heat and the Dolphins are in limbo which is worse than being bad.

correct.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,500

Post#564 » by Bishop45 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:04 am

KingDavid wrote:Anyway, all this tank talk with our team and you guys forget that we're pretty injured. When those guys come back, it'll be a middling team again. Not quite in the playoffs, not quite out. Prepare yourselves for yet another middling prospect.

You guys are hot taking the warriors. Way too early to talk half of this mess and they have locker room issues to iron out. Cousins still hasn't played yet. You'll be back to loathing them soon.

I don't think he's going to be 100% this year, if ever again. That's a serious injury, especially for a malt conditioned big man such as himself
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#565 » by Heat3 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:15 am

BFRESH44 wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:The Heat are actually managed worse than the Marlins. At least they are trying to rebuild the team for long term success. This may be the worst ran team in South FL at the moment. If the person in charge wasn't Pat Riley, people would be fired.

Don’t be ridiculous

I was 19 when the Marlins started "building for the future". I'm 40 now...

Owners have revolved in and out of the Marlins for 20 years. The goal has always been the same. Put the cheapest ass product on the field to maximize profit then sell. That includes this current broke ass ownership.

I'll take the Heat any day over the Marlins. Including the current mediocre incarnation.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,208

Post#566 » by oreon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:47 am

KingDavid wrote:Anyway, all this tank talk with our team and you guys forget that we're pretty injured. When those guys come back, it'll be a middling team again. Not quite in the playoffs, not quite out. Prepare yourselves for yet another middling prospect.

You guys are hot taking the warriors. Way too early to talk half of this mess and they have locker room issues to iron out. Cousins still hasn't played yet. You'll be back to loathing them soon.

That's the problem, has been the problem for the past 4 years. The FO doesn't not want to take a step back for a few seasons to acquire assets and develop the young guys. They'd rather get bounced out of the 1st round of the playoffs. You got Pat Riley out here saying average is not so bad. If Riles doesn't have the stomach to blow it up and rebuild, he needs to retire. Its 4 years of this crap and fans are rightly getting frustrated. Its beyond ridiculous that this team has the highest payroll in the league. Its a joke.
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#567 » by ElDoggo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:24 am

oreon wrote:

That's the problem, has been the problem for the past 4 years. The FO doesn't not want to take a step back for a few seasons to acquire assets and develop the young guys. They'd rather get bounced out of the 1st round of the playoffs. You got Pat Riley out here saying average is not so bad. If Riles doesn't have the stomach to blow it up and rebuild, he needs to retire. Its 4 years of this crap and fans are rightly getting frustrated. Its beyond ridiculous that this team has the highest payroll in the league. Its a joke.

please. the front office would trade the whole team tomorrow if they could. didn't Riley say everyone could be traded? Do you just make things up or are you a bot?
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#568 » by ElDoggo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:25 am

This team needs to play through it's growing pains and keep on sitting vets till traded. Richardsons doing ok.
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#569 » by delanka » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 am

Gg OP
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#570 » by KingDavid » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:41 am

oreon wrote:

Well you gotta think about how we got here to begin with. Boshclots **** everything up. He wouldn't have traded for Dragic if he knew about it ahead of time. Elisburg wouldn't have forced a mandatory two year reup for season ticket holders (which forced Riley to put some kind of product on the floor). I don't care for defending his actions, because I really don't care. I'm a phins fan, so I know exactly how much worse we could be. These rebuilds take time.

He jumped the gun for overpaying role players. Arison forcing the the match. **** happens fam. Just sit tight
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
oreon
Analyst

Post#571 » by oreon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:48 am

Doctor P wrote:
oreon wrote:

please. the front office would trade the whole team tomorrow if they could. didn't Riley say everyone could be traded? Do you just make things up or are you a bot?

Why is nobody traded then ? Name one trade we've done to change the roster in the past 4 years. What evidence do you have that they are willing to blow this up? The roster has been practically the same for the last 4 years. Facts are facts. Everyone has known this nothing but an average team for the last seasons but no move has been made. If you argue otherwise, name that trade that we did to shake the roster up
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#572 » by ElDoggo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 am

oreon wrote:
Doctor P wrote:
oreon wrote:

Why is nobody traded then ? Name one trade we've done to change the roster in the past 4 years. What evidence do you have that they are willing to blow this up? The roster has been practically the same for the last 4 years. Facts are facts. Everyone has known this nothing but an average team for the last seasons but no move has been made. If you argue otherwise, name that trade that we did to shake the roster up

I don't think anyone wants to trade with us. That's why Megatron 2.0 is on the prowl if you know what I'm saying. We are stuck in an infinite loop until something becomes feasible. Patience is a virtue. This is what I want done asap:

James Johnson, Whiteside and Goran Dragic for Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Trevor Ariza, dead weight and a second rounder.

If we want to make a run now a trade of Bam for Brandon Ingram could be cool but the season is already slipping away.

Whiteside
Ingram
McGruder
Richardson
Dragic
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#573 » by delanka » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:55 am

Read on Twitter
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#574 » by ElDoggo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 am

Some assets are definitely on the up and up:
McGruder
Whiteside
Richardson
Dragic
Johnson

all movable, me thinks.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#575 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 am

Chalm, are you happy with this win?
OP for NBA FT record
oreon
Analyst

Post#576 » by oreon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:27 am

Doctor P wrote:
oreon wrote:
Doctor P wrote:

I don't think anyone wants to trade with us. That's why Megatron 2.0 is on the prowl if you know what I'm saying. We are stuck in an infinite loop until something becomes feasible. Patience is a virtue. This is what I want done asap:

James Johnson, Whiteside and Goran Dragic for Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Trevor Ariza, dead weight and a second rounder.

If we want to make a run now a trade of Bam for Brandon Ingram could be cool but the season is already slipping away.

Whiteside
Ingram
McGruder
Richardson
Dragic

Not everyone on this roster is untradeable.

Dion, JJ, TJ -unmovable unless you attach an asset to dump their contracts. Winslow might be on this list the way he's playing right now
Hassan - tradeable but you won't get equal value back. Best case might be an expiring and maybe a late 1st round or a couple of 2nds
Dragic, Ellington, McGruder, KO - Movable. In Dragic case we won't get back the 2 picks we gave up for him. These players could help a couple of playoff bound teams, teams like Houston, Philly, NO, Pacers.

J Rich, Bam - assets. We won't trade them unless we get a star in return. A

The move now should be moving Dragic, Ellington, McGruder, KO for whatever you can get. Then shop Hassan around and see if you can get an expiring contract back. The other contracts we are stuck with unless we attach the assets we get back from the trades to move those contracts

I doubt Lakers would give up any assets for any of our players. Their saving their assets in case AD becomes available
ElDoggo
Veteran

Post#577 » by ElDoggo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 am

oreon wrote:
Doctor P wrote:
oreon wrote:

Whiteside
Ingram
McGruder
Richardson
Dragic

Not everyone on this roster is untradeable.

Dion, JJ, TJ -unmovable unless you attach an asset to dump their contracts. Winslow might be on this list the way he's playing right now
Hassan - tradeable but you won't get equal value back. Best case might be an expiring and maybe a late 1st round or a couple of 2nds
Dragic, Ellington, McGruder, KO - Movable. In Dragic case we won't get back the 2 picks we gave up for him. These players could help a couple of playoff bound teams, teams like Houston, Philly, NO, Pacers.

J Rich, Bam - assets. We won't trade them unless we get a star in return. A

The move now should be moving Dragic, Ellington, McGruder, KO for whatever you can get. Then shop Hassan around and see if you can get an expiring contract back. The other contracts we are stuck with unless we attach the assets we get back from the trades to move those contracts

I doubt Lakers would give up any assets for any of our players. Their saving their assets in case AD becomes available

Nicely dissected, I agree with everything you wrote except for Bam. I would definitely put Bam on the movable list. I would do Bam for Ingram tonight. Keep Ingram here and put Bam on a plane right now. Ha.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,809

Post#578 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:32 am

oh well
:reporter:
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#579 » by Chalm Down » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Chalm, are you happy with this win?

We let lebron drop 50 while coasting

Not like this HFL, not like this...
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#580 » by Chalm Down » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:10 am

delanka wrote:
Read on Twitter

I dont think we've ever seen Jrich this upset, he must really hate tanking
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"

Return to Miami Heat