ImageImageImage

Trade for Markelle Fultz, now while his value is low??

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: Trade for Markelle Fultz, now while his value is low?? 

Post#21 » by gom » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:I made this thread 2 years ago,

saying we needed to grab Fultz while his value was low, cause we could help him develop. He is now a borderline All-Star and still improving.

Markelle Fultz so far this season:

20.7 PPG
4.3 APG
49.0 FG%
92.3 FT%

Pat should hire me for the Heat as a consultant. I stay making good predictions.

I'm not saying you are right about Fultz, Grumps, but keep in mind that a broken clock is correct twice a day.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#22 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm

saying we needed to grab Fultz while his value was low, cause we could help him develop. He is now a borderline All-Star and still improving.

20.7 PPG
4.3 APG
49.0 FG%
92.3 FT%

Pat should hire me for the Heat as a consultant. I stay making good predictions.

Finished with;

12.9 PPG
5.4 APG
39.4 FG%
89.5 FT%
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#23 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:19 pm

gom wrote:

20.7 PPG
4.3 APG
49.0 FG%
92.3 FT%

I'm not saying you are right about Fultz, Grumps, but keep in mind that a broken clock is correct twice a day.

What grounds do you have for calling me a broken clock?

TF you getting this disrespect for me from? Where was I "wrong" on my predictions.

you're just hating to be funny.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#24 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:51 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

20.7 PPG
4.3 APG
49.0 FG%
92.3 FT%

Finished with;

12.9 PPG
5.4 APG
39.4 FG%
89.5 FT%

so? He was clearly dealing with an injury until it finally popped. He's still only 22 yrs old and we could have gotten him for cheap at the time. Still would have been a great move for us.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,838

Post#25 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:28 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

20.7 PPG
4.3 APG
49.0 FG%
92.3 FT%

Finished with;

12.9 PPG
5.4 APG
39.4 FG%
89.5 FT%

so? He was clearly dealing with an injury until it finally popped. He's still only 22 yrs old and we could have gotten him for cheap at the time. Still would have been a great move for us.

Keep in mind we also would be on the hook for his extension of 3 years / $50m Grumpy. I think it’s clear we dodged a bullet there. That’s not very tradeable coming off an ACL.

TBF at the time I was a Markelle fan too and thought he’d be a good buy low candidate. But not now that he’s expensive, injured and still doesn’t have a J outside of about 10-15 feet. He wouldn’t work here with our non shooters.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#26 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:01 am

Wiltside wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Finished with;

12.9 PPG
5.4 APG
39.4 FG%
89.5 FT%

Keep in mind we also would be on the hook for his extension of 3 years / $50m Grumpy. I think it’s clear we dodged a bullet there. That’s not very tradeable coming off an ACL.

TBF at the time I was a Markelle fan too and thought he’d be a good buy low candidate. But not now that he’s expensive, injured and still doesn’t have a J outside of about 10-15 feet. He wouldn’t work here with our non shooters.

Well, in the alternate reality, Fultz goes to the Heat, not the Magic. So the extension done by the Magic, wouldn't be the same if he came to Miami :P

I think he would have gotten a different contract
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#27 » by gom » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:00 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
gom wrote:

20.7 PPG
4.3 APG
49.0 FG%
92.3 FT%

What grounds do you have for calling me a broken clock?

TF you getting this disrespect for me from? Where was I "wrong" on my predictions.

you're just hating to be funny.

You are right. I was just joking. All apologies. I've been wrong about plenty too.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat