ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2018-2019 Regular Season Thread Vol.2

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Re: Miami Heat 2018-2019 Regular Season Thread Vol.2 

Post#441 » by twix2500 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
So if Drummond's on this roster we're instant championship contenders? Drummond doesn't even have a higher FG% than Bam. Bam might become the next Siakam or Capela and he's on a great contract.
Did u see the entire trade? It's Beal Winslow and Drummond oppose to Richardson, Winslow and Bam. Which has more potential to being a true core to build around?

I'm a fan of Bam and hopefully he becomes better than Capela or Siakam. But Capela and Siakam is not worth 5 yrs to wait for. The only reason Capela and Siakam is impactful is because of Harden, Paul, Leonard and
Lowry. If Winslow grows to an All-star and Beal continues being an All-Sar as he is playing now, Drummond would be impactful just as much as Siakam, and Capela.
Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

You can't just go from being a subpar team to an elite team in 3 years. For how long have teams like the Timberwolves and Magic been bad? Beal isn't worth trading Richardson AND Bam for. We're talking about giving up a big man that actually fits in today's NBA for a big man you can't play at the end of games. And again, Drummond is awful offensively. Bam actually has a good chance of becoming a stretch-5.

I dont agree with you at all, Heat won all their titles in 3 yrs and less. Became a title contender in Wades second year. You try to get a core as fast you can. Ok if you dont think Beal is elite than I understand. My interest in Bam is not for him to be just a role player. I want him to be elite, which means he is a player that makes team adjust to him. We are worrying too hard on building role players that fits todays game. If we take that route all we gonna be is a average team trying to make a bunch of role players win.

Look at Giannis, he is an elite player, not because he plays a traditional role for todays game. Its because he plays an untraditional role. He a player that teams cant match up against because he is unique. He forces the league to adjust, not him adjusting to the league.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#442 » by twix2500 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:44 pm

And I am ashame you compared the Heat to the Magic and Timberwolves.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#443 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:10 pm

If you want to go with a Winslow, Waiters, Richardson and Ban lienup going forward. Johnathan Isaac would be a great target to fit between Rich and Bam. His length, pass and cutting ability would cause a whole lotta of mismatches and problems for opposing teams.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#444 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Do you guys think it's a possibility Waiters can average between 15 and 20 pts from here to the trade deadline with a good %?

twix2500
RealGM

Post#445 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:55 pm

Don't want to blame it on Wiaters, but the team fastbreak points have dropped since getting Waiters from 9 pts a game to 4.5 points a game since Waiters joined. Sacramento Kings are first at 21 pts per game.

Too many people asking for the ball instead of sprinting. If the rebounder is a ball handler u don't ask for the ball to bring up, you Sprint and beat your man down court. Otherwise there is no advantage to your rebounder being a ball handler. One image Winslow rebounds and Waiters stands and begs. Second pic Wade rebounds then JJ ask for the ball, then Winslow ask foe the ball and Waiters runs back to ask for the ball. SMH

JJ has the clear advantage to be trying to out Sprint his defender because he has Markanen on him. JJ should of been trying to out run him all game

ImageImage
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#446 » by gom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:33 pm

They're helping out their teammate. They know he's in the doghouse. Don't criticize them for giving him a lift.

I've been freaking out about our schedule, because we have so many games on the road, but in truth, most of the Eastern Conference in the 5-10 range has a similar issue (besides Boston.) Check it out:

back to back or back to back back-to-backs

Bold: 60% or higher: Milwaukee, Toronto, Indiana, Philadelphia, Boston, Golden State, Denver, OKC
Italic: 40% or lower: Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Cleveland, Phoenix

weak team at home
strong team away

Yeah, I know we have trouble beating poor teams too. This is just mathematical, not psychological.

Teams from 5-11 ranking in the Eastern Conference

Boston: (28-16, 9-3 home/away, 3-6-3 good/mediocre/poor)

1/21 (h) Miami
1/23 (h) Cleveland
1/26 (h) Golden State
1/28 (h) Brooklyn
1/30 (h) Charlotte
2/1 (a) New York
2/3 (h) Oklahoma City
2/5 (a) Cleveland
2/7 (h) Lakers
2/9 (h) Clippers
2/12 (a) Philadelphia
2/13 (h) Detroit

Brooklyn: (24-23, 7-5 home/away, 4-5-3 gmp)

1/21 (h) Sacramento
1/23 (h) Orlando
1/25 (h) New York
1/28 (a) Boston
1/29 (h) Chicago

1/31 (a) San Antonio
2/2 (a) Orlando
2/4 (h) Milwaukee
2/6 (h) Denver
2/8 (h) Chicago
2/11 (a) Toronto
2/13 (a) Charlotte

Miami: (22-22, 4-8 home/away, 5-4-3 gmp)

1/21 (a) Boston
1/23 (h) Clippers
1/25 (a) Cleveland
1/27 (a) New York
1/30 (h) Chicago
2/1 (h) OKC
2/2 (h) Indiana

2/5 (a) Portland
2/8 (a) Sacramento
2/10 (a) Golden State
2/11 (a) Denver

2/13 (a) Dallas

Charlotte: (22-23, 4-8 home/away, 4-5-3 gmp)

1/20 (a) Indiana
1/23 (a) Memphis
1/25 (a) Milwaukee
1/28 (h) New York
1/30 (a) Boston
2/1 (h) Memphis
2/2 (h) Chicago

2/5 (h) Clippers
2/6: (a) Dallas

2/9: (a) Atlanta
2/11: (a) Indiana
2/14: (a) Orlando

Detroit: (20-25, 5-6 home/away, 2-7-2 gmp)

1/21 (a) Washington
1/23 (a) New Orleans
1/25 (a) Dallas
1/29 (h) Clippers
1/31 (h) Dallas
2/2 (h) Clippers
2/4 (a) Denver
2/5 (a) New York

2/8 (h) New York
2/11 (h) Washington
2/13 (a) Boston

Washington: (19-27, 6-7 home/away, 4-5-4 gmp)

1/21 (h) Detroit
1/24 (h) Golden State
1/25 (a) Orlando

1/27 (a) San Antonio
1/29 (a) Cleveland
1/30 (h) Indiana

2/2 (a) Milwaukee
2/4 (h) Atlanta
2/6 (h) Milwaukee
2/8 (h) Cleveland
2/9 (a) Chicago

2/11 (a) Detroit
2/13 (a) Toronto

Orlando: (19-27, 6-7 home/away, 4-7-2 gmp)

1/21 (a) Atlanta
1/23 (a) Brooklyn
1/25 (h) Washington
1/27 (a) Houston
1/29 (h) Oklahoma City
1/31 (h) Indiana
2/2 (h) Brooklyn
2/5 (a) Oklahoma City
2/7 (h) Minnesota
2/9 (a) Milwaukee
2/10 (a) Atlanta

2/12 (a) New Orleans
2/14 (h) Charlotte

On the surface, Boston and Detroit looks to have the easiest schedule. Washington, Orlando, and Brooklyn have easier rides too. I like ours more than Charlotte's.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#447 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:00 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Did u see the entire trade? It's Beal Winslow and Drummond oppose to Richardson, Winslow and Bam. Which has more potential to being a true core to build around?

I'm a fan of Bam and hopefully he becomes better than Capela or Siakam. But Capela and Siakam is not worth 5 yrs to wait for. The only reason Capela and Siakam is impactful is because of Harden, Paul, Leonard and
Lowry. If Winslow grows to an All-star and Beal continues being an All-Sar as he is playing now, Drummond would be impactful just as much as Siakam, and Capela.

You can't just go from being a subpar team to an elite team in 3 years. For how long have teams like the Timberwolves and Magic been bad? Beal isn't worth trading Richardson AND Bam for. We're talking about giving up a big man that actually fits in today's NBA for a big man you can't play at the end of games. And again, Drummond is awful offensively. Bam actually has a good chance of becoming a stretch-5.

I dont agree with you at all, Heat won all their titles in 3 yrs and less. Became a title contender in Wades second year. You try to get a core as fast you can. Ok if you dont think Beal is elite than I understand. My interest in Bam is not for him to be just a role player. I want him to be elite, which means he is a player that makes team adjust to him. We are worrying too hard on building role players that fits todays game. If we take that route all we gonna be is a average team trying to make a bunch of role players win.

Look at Giannis, he is an elite player, not because he plays a traditional role for todays game. Its because he plays an untraditional role. He a player that teams cant match up against because he is unique. He forces the league to adjust, not him adjusting to the league.

Yes, lets use an outlier as an example :roll:. A Bam for Drummond swap would lower the Heat's potential ceiling. How are we going to win a championship in less than 3 years? You're making it sound way too easy. What you're proposing is the kind of things GMs should get fired for. Trading away young pieces with high ceilings for overpaid players that are slightly better. How does that sound good to you? Also, Drummond is only under contract for 1 more season after this one. Nothing about this sounds good. What does Drummond do better than Bam besides rebounding?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#448 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Yes, lets use an outlier as an example :roll:. A Bam for Drummond swap would lower the Heat's potential ceiling. How are we going to win a championship in less than 3 years? You're making it sound way too easy. What you're proposing is the kind of things GMs should get fired for. Trading away young pieces with high ceilings for overpaid players that are slightly better. How does that sound good to you? Also, Drummond is only under contract for 1 more season after this one. Nothing about this sounds good. What does Drummond do better than Bam besides rebounding?

GMs and coaches get fired in less than 3 years lol. How many GMs are allowed to do a 5 year or more plan? And name a five year plan that worked that a GM was allowed to stay 5 years?

Leave it to you as GM, the Heat would still be have Beasley, Cook and Chalmers on this team as a core
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#449 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:12 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

GMs and coaches get fired in less than 3 years lol. How many GMs are allowed to do a 5 year or more plan? And name a five year plan that worked that a GM was allowed to stay 5 years?

Leave it to you as GM, the Heat would still be have Beasley, Cook and Chalmers on this team as a core

None of the 3 players you mentioned were ever as good as Bam is now. Andre Drummond is shooting 49.8% right now, hows that going to help us? Explain to me that.
gom

Post#450 » by gom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Pretty crazy to trade Bam for Drummond. Nothing against Drummond but Bam looks to be a far more complete player.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#451 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:46 pm

gom wrote:Pretty crazy to trade Bam for Drummond. Nothing against Drummond but Bam looks to be a far more complete player.

Go back and look at the trade, dont repeat what crazy Feel The Heat talking about.
gom

Post#452 » by gom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:52 pm

twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:Pretty crazy to trade Bam for Drummond. Nothing against Drummond but Bam looks to be a far more complete player.

Go back and look at the trade, dont repeat what crazy Feel The Heat talking about.

You mean the one where Chicago trades Portis & Lopez (both expirings) for Tyler Johnson's 2-year deal at $19.2M per annum? You need to work on that one.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#453 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:58 pm

gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

You mean the one where Chicago trades Portis & Lopez (both expirings) for Tyler Johnson's 2-year deal at $19.2M per annum? You need to work on that one.
Well I tried, before Carter got hurt Lopez was looking to be bought out. And Portis will be on the move this summer as well

gom

Post#454 » by gom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Well I tried, before Carter got hurt Lopez was looking to be bought out. And Portis will be on the move this summer as well

Tyler is a negative value deal though. They'll want compensation for picking up his contract, and we shouldn't pay them.

Your trade is better than my Wall gambit. I just wanted to get out of the tax.

I'd give Portis a TP-MLE to sign with us, but I bet the offer is beat by five other teams.

Here's my bad trade of the day:

Tyler Johnson + James Johnson for 29 year-old Blake Griffin ($33M with 4 years more on his deal)

G: Dragic, Waiters, Richardson, Wade, (Robinson), Ellington, McGruder
F: Griffin, Jones, Winslow, Haslem*, (Maten)
C: Whiteside, Bam, Olynyk

Dragic, Richardson, Winslow, Griffin, Whiteside
Wade, Waiters, Bam, Olynyk, Jones, McGruder, Ellington
Maten & Robinson
Haslem

or

Winslow, Waiters, Richardson, Griffin, Bam
Dragic, Wade, Whiteside, Olynyk, Jones, McGruder, Ellington
Maten & Robinson
Haslem

That's pretty damn athletic first 5.

Griffin lasts a year long than James Johnson and is paid twice as much. TJ would expire next season, so Detroit cuts their losses quickly. Detroit gave up a pick to get him. They would want some kind of compensation, but I don't think a FRP is fair.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#455 » by JLop » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:51 pm

gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:

Tyler Johnson + James Johnson for 29 year-old Blake Griffin ($33M with 4 years more on his deal)

I'm JLop and I approve this deal. 8-)

twix2500
RealGM

Post#456 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 pm

gom wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:

Tyler is a negative value deal though. They'll want compensation for picking up his contract, and we shouldn't pay them.

Your trade is better than my Wall gambit. I just wanted to get out of the tax.

I'd give Portis a TP-MLE to sign with us, but I bet the offer is beat by five other teams.

G: Dragic, Waiters, Richardson, Wade, (Robinson), Ellington, McGruder
F: Griffin, Jones, Winslow, Haslem*, (Maten)
C: Whiteside, Bam, Olynyk

Dragic, Richardson, Winslow, Griffin, Whiteside
Wade, Waiters, Bam, Olynyk, Jones, McGruder, Ellington
Maten & Robinson
Haslem

or

Winslow, Waiters, Richardson, Griffin, Bam
Dragic, Wade, Whiteside, Olynyk, Jones, McGruder, Ellington
Maten & Robinson
Haslem

That's pretty damn athletic first 5.

Griffin lasts a year long than James Johnson and is paid twice as much. TJ would expire next season, so Detroit cuts their losses quickly. Detroit gave up a pick to get him. They would want some kind of compensation, but I don't think a FRP is fair.

I am curious how you grade each player value. Give me a numerical grade value of each player on the Heat. Example you say Tyler is a negative value so you say he is a -4 or Winslow a 0 Richardson a +4 etc.... Create a grade scale also.
gom

Post#457 » by gom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:42 am

twix2500, because I want to be accurate, and it requires me to update some formula pages with this season's data, that's a little bit more work than I can do until later this week. I am working on prepping a screenplay for a contest, edits to a novel, and I have a real life job too. ;-)

Later this week, I promise.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#458 » by twix2500 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:02 am

gom wrote:twix2500, because I want to be accurate, and it requires me to update some formula pages with this season's data, that's a little bit more work than I can do until later this week. I am working on prepping a screenplay for a contest, edits to a novel, and I have a real life job too. ;-)

Oh take your time bro. Didn't expect this to be on demand. Lol
Just trying to get an idea how u value the players. I know many here are emotionally attached to some players. You seem to be very objective.

A lot of us value players differently. It is like FTH said he is willing to wait 5yrs for a player to become Capella. I'm wwwwaaaayyyy in a disagreement with that. For me to feel 5 yrs wait is worthy you must become Wade, LeBron, Durant or Anthony Davis.

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,479

Post#459 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:03 am

twix2500 wrote:Don't want to blame it on Wiaters, but the team fastbreak points have dropped since getting Waiters from 9 pts a game to 4.5 points a game since Waiters joined. Sacramento Kings are first at 21 pts per game.

Spoiler:
Too many people asking for the ball instead of sprinting. If the rebounder is a ball handler u don't ask for the ball to bring up, you Sprint and beat your man down court. Otherwise there is no advantage to your rebounder being a ball handler. One image Winslow rebounds and Waiters stands and begs. Second pic Wade rebounds then JJ ask for the ball, then Winslow ask foe the ball and Waiters runs back to ask for the ball. SMH

JJ has the clear advantage to be trying to out Sprint his defender because he has Markanen on him. JJ should of been trying to out run him all game

ImageImage

No worry brehs, this isn't another obviously tendentious Waiters post, about a guy who can barely get garbage time mins rn.

There's photographic proof, he's slown down the pace so much that they're not even moving!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,983

Post#460 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:08 am

gom wrote:twix2500, because I want to be accurate, and it requires me to update some formula pages with this season's data, that's a little bit more work than I can do until later this week. I am working on prepping a screenplay for a contest, edits to a novel, and I have a real life job too. ;-)

something's coming

Return to Miami Heat