ImageImageImage

Around the NBA You Destroyed the League Vol. 5

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Re: Around the NBA You Destroyed the League Vol. 5 

Post#1861 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Jimmer F back in the NBA , oof
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1862 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Poor Lebron
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,742

Post#1863 » by Chalm Down » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:00 am

Atl gonna atl lol
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,742

Post#1864 » by Chalm Down » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:01 am

I officially stan atl un-ironically
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1865 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:07 am

Warriors got blown out by the Mavs. I know it’s not easy to stay motivated when you’re a repeat champ playing in a regular season game and that Steph did not play, but they are showing signs of a team at the tail end of a dynasty. Even the Bulls could only be champs for 3 btb seasons before mj had to retire, twice.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1866 » by IggieCC » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:16 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Warriors got blown out by the Mavs. I know it’s not easy to stay motivated when you’re a repeat champ playing in a regular season game and that Steph did not play, but they are showing signs of a team at the tail end of a dynasty. Even the Bulls could only be champs for 3 btb seasons before mj had to retire, twice.

I think it's so much harder to repeat/3peat and so forth with so much media attention/social media scrutiny/random haters like chalm down that didn't really exist back in the days. so much drama and hate (some warranted for a team like GS and Heat) come along with being a champ. GS is so much better than most recent champs relative to their competition but even they have been staggering through the regular szn past 2 years.

KD, being the most hated and scrutinized, must be so fed up with the whole circus by now and that's why so many ppl pegged him as a goner already and he probably is.

good riddance Lifer
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1867 » by IggieCC » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:17 am

Chalm Down wrote:I officially scum

Lakers Question Lonzo Ball's BBB Shoes Due To Frequent Ankle Injuries

HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1868 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:45 am

IggieCC wrote:KD, being the most hated and scrutinized, must be so fed up with the whole circus by now and that's why so many ppl pegged him as a goner already and he probably is.

good riddance Lifer

Srsly tho, he can come to Miami.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1869 » by IggieCC » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:11 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:KD, being the most hated and scrutinized, must be so fed up with the whole circus by now and that's why so many ppl pegged him as a goner already and he probably is.

good riddance Lifer

phuk KD but yes he can Lifer :)
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1870 » by IggieCC » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:14 am

Read on Twitter

lmaooo
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,212

Post#1871 » by twix2500 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Is Jaylen Brown a player the Heat should keep and eye on and court during the offseason? Should the heat whisper sweet things in his ear this summer as a possible free agency destination in Miami 2020? To either boost contract demand to the Celts or to sway him to manipulate his situation to the Heat?

HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1872 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:08 pm

twix2500 wrote:Is Jaylen Brown a player the Heat should keep and eye on and court during the offseason? Should the heat whisper sweet things in his ear this summer as a possible free agency destination in Miami 2020? To either boost contract demand to the Celts or to sway him to manipulate his situation to the Heat?

Great point about his pending Restricted FA in 2020. It’s going to all depend on what happens with Kyrie more than anything else. If Kyrie stays on a max deal, the Celtics are going to be in cap hell. Rozier is a RFA this offseason, Morris is a UFA this offseason, and Horford will be a UFA in 2020 as well. Plus, there’s very little chance they can move Hayward anywhere anytime soon.

On a related note. the 76ers are going to find themselves in a worse cap situation with both Harris and Butler entering UFA and Simmons entering RFA in 2020.

The Bucks are doing ok with their cap situation, but Middleton has a player option this offseason and likely will opt out. He has the potential to ask for as high as a max (though not supermax) deal.
OP for NBA FT record
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1873 » by twix2500 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:02 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Is Jaylen Brown a player the Heat should keep and eye on and court during the offseason? Should the heat whisper sweet things in his ear this summer as a possible free agency destination in Miami 2020? To either boost contract demand to the Celts or to sway him to manipulate his situation to the Heat?

Great point about his pending Restricted FA in 2020. It’s going to all depend on what happens with Kyrie more than anything else. If Kyrie stays on a max deal, the Celtics are going to be in cap hell. Rozier is a RFA this offseason, Morris is a UFA this offseason, and Horford will be a UFA in 2020 as well. Plus, there’s very little chance they can move Hayward anywhere anytime soon.

On a related note. the 76ers are going to find themselves in a worse cap situation with both Harris and Butler entering UFA and Simmons entering RFA in 2020.

The Bucks are doing ok with their cap situation, but Middleton has a player option this offseason and likely will opt out. He has the potential to ask for as high as a max (though not supermax) deal.

Going over the cap is not the issue for these teams. The cost is worth it, they are making well more than enough to cover the cost. The question is, will they be a title team while being over the cap. 76ers probably like the base of their team as is. They may not expect a big move to be made that would require cap room to be a title team that they desire. The Celtics on the other hand, are not satisfied with their roster and has dreams of getting Davis. Cap room is a issue because they are looking to make moves that may require cap space.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1874 » by twix2500 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

And what a morning, I just got blocked by John Amaechi because I challenge his opinion on calling Tom Izzo an abuser. Basically he assessing that LeBron, Bosh, Wade and Howard are abusers and Chalmers experience years of behavioral trauma by these abusers
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,159

Post#1875 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 am

6ers better win tomorrow
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#1876 » by contract » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:36 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:

good riddance Lifer

Srsly tho, he can't because we have no cap space. We're out of play for Durant and probably also for Anthony Davis.

I say that for those wondering why it matters that we loaded up on bad long term contracts. We're not only out of contention, we're out of contention to get back in contention. But we will make the playoffs and end any chance of a top pick, so there's that.

:meditate:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#1877 » by contract » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:58 pm

twix2500 wrote:And what a morning, I just got blocked by John Amaechi because I challenge his opinion on calling Tom Izzo an abuser. Basically he assessing that LeBron, Bosh, Wade and Howard are abusers and Chalmers experience years of behavioral trauma by these abusers

Whether you want to call him an abuser or just someone in need of a beatdown, he's a jerk.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1878 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:23 pm

contract wrote:
twix2500 wrote:And what a morning, I just got blocked by John Amaechi because I challenge his opinion on calling Tom Izzo an abuser. Basically he assessing that LeBron, Bosh, Wade and Howard are abusers and Chalmers experience years of behavioral trauma by these abusers

Whether you want to call him an abuser or just someone in need of a beatdown, he's a jerk.
Well listen, we can have a personal opinion on what we are willing to accept from relationships we have. Its one thing for a random fan, a person like us, to express our personal opinion. On the otherhand, Amaechi current profession is now as a psychologist. He can not make statements like that or he is violating ethics laws that he agreed to when receiving his license. He is making a professional assesment and diagnosis from a position that is against proper behavioural assessment rules. Calling someone an Abuser from a clinical stand point has a different meaning than me and you saying Abuser, in which he can not conclude from that 5 second clip. Yelling at someone and turning white boy red does not fit that clinical diagnosis. There more layers to this, but I will digress.

I understand we are getting more adaptive to getting our panties in a bunch when we see something unappealing. We are stans so we can do so and its acceptable, because we expect to be irrational. More people are now clutching our bras, when we see players or coaches yelling on the sideline as if it's new to you. "OMG he slapped at a cooler, he should be fined!". This is a game that has emotion and relationships involved. This is going to happen because they are human, you want this to happen because you ask for emotion from players and coaches. It doesn't matter if you say "oh I will never let no one talk to me like that, I'll hit you with a stiff jab". Well if you are real on that, you will be fighting a lot in grade school if you played a sport, you wouldn't make it far. As long as he is not verbally calling him deragortory names or physically hurting someone, he is not crossing a line. The players were more concern for Izzo health. They was not afraid of him. Probably clowned him after the game. My JV coach yelled and scream all the dam time, we just laughed at him. If we expect a Utopia society, you got a lot of work to do to make that happen.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#1879 » by KingDavid » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Jeff Green.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1880 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:35 pm

If Duke wins the title while continue to suck at the 3 point line, will TV talking heads continue to say "you cant win a chip without being good at the 3 ball"?

Return to Miami Heat