ImageImageImage

What do you heat fans think of LBJ?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Re: What do you heat fans think of LBJ? 

Post#41 » by ElDoggo » Wed Feb 6, 2019 3:38 pm

2nd best of all time. But he has to pass Kareem in points.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#42 » by KingDavid » Thu Feb 7, 2019 2:18 am

Sgt P wrote:Big NBA fan... this question was asked of Heat fans. So keep your anti Heat comments on GB. I never seen you here before. Stop trolling. Thanks.

Lol " biggest locker room problem in NBA history" such BS. Like Arenas and Crittenton or whatever didn't have issues.

Y'all know how I feel about him already. He shouldn't have poisoned the well and he should have said something about going back to Cleveland. He didn't. **** that ****.

His jersey should absolutely be retired. But he won't get statues like Zo and Wade.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#43 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 2:34 pm

He's a great basketball player with a very questionable character.

#HeatLifer
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#44 » by Shewasfly » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:31 pm

Despite the fact that he is one of the greatest players of all time (top 10-15) he is incredibly overrated by most. He has no business being in the Jordan conversation and truthfully is not better than Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe for sure, and a few others have arguments over him as well like Larry Bird and Wilt.

The thing I respect most about him is his durability. Other than that, I can leave everything else. We would have won again regardless without him. We had prime Wade who was still acting like prime Wade the assassin, instead of genuflecting, tame Wade who had to cater to LeBron's ego so as to not be screwed out of more rings by him like in 2011. And we also had Bosh, who too at the time was stll playing like a #1 with confidence and not a jump shooter.

Also, Prime Wade >> Prime LeBron. If Wade was durable he would have had 2 championships and an MVP before LeBron even decided to enroll in Wade's season long training camp to learn how to be a champion. The fact that Heat fans watched Wade do what he did for years and immediately threw him under the bus as soon as LeBron joined is exactly why nobody respects us as a fanbase. We don't ride for our guys, we ride for Riley. The guy who **** us beyond belief for the foreseeable future bc of his own ego.
:tiredJB:
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,666

Post#45 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:38 pm

Shewasfly wrote:Despite the fact that he is one of the greatest players of all time (top 10-15) he is incredibly overrated by most. He has no business being in the Jordan conversation and truthfully is not better than Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe for sure, and a few others have arguments over him as well like Larry Bird and Wilt.

The thing I respect most about him is his durability. Other than that, I can leave everything else. We would have won again regardless without him. We had prime Wade who was still acting like prime Wade the assassin, instead of genuflecting, tame Wade who had to cater to LeBron's ego so as to not be screwed out of more rings by him like in 2011. And we also had Bosh, who too at the time was stll playing like a #1 with confidence and not a jump shooter.

Also, Prime Wade >> Prime LeBron. If Wade was durable he would have had 2 championships and an MVP before LeBron even decided to enroll in Wade's season long training camp to learn how to be a champion. The fact that Heat fans watched Wade do what he did for years and immediately threw him under the bus as soon as LeBron joined is exactly why nobody respects us as a fanbase. We don't ride for our guys, we ride for Riley. The guy who **** us beyond belief for the foreseeable future bc of his own ego.

long time, where you been at big booty
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#46 » by Shewasfly » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:45 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Despite the fact that he is one of the greatest players of all time (top 10-15) he is incredibly overrated by most. He has no business being in the Jordan conversation and truthfully is not better than Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe for sure, and a few others have arguments over him as well like Larry Bird and Wilt.

long time, where you been at big booty

I don't know you.
:tiredJB:
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,666

Post#47 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:47 pm

:lol:
jswede
Sixth Man
And1: 1,840

Post#48 » by jswede » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
DS17 wrote:Is he your savior for bringing 2 MVPS. FMVP's, CHAMPIONSHIPS and overall relevancy to Miami in four years?

Or is he hated on for leaving miami and going to CLE?

Where does he rank within the Miami heat all time players (i'd say second, although if he stayed there for 2-3 more years, he'd likely would have been ranked higher than Wade IMO.

I'm curious to see this.

Overrated player who is all about "me me me"

Opportunist. Quitter. He intentionally sulked and sabotaged the 2011 Finals because Wade was going to win the Finals MVP.

If I could do it over, I'd have Lebron keep his ass in CLE in 2010, and run with a Prime Wade + Bosh + whoever, and we would have won titles anyway.

Prime Wade > Prime Lebron

SMH. You guys realize you are under .500 since 2000 without him?
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#49 » by KingDavid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 pm

:o

Welcome back!

I don't agree with your assessment about fans. Players themselves say it; is about the name on the front, young lady. Plenty of fans from other teams will tell you the same thing.
#HEATLifer

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#50 » by Beenie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Lebron made the best decision for himself when he left Mia to return to Cleveland and I, as a Heat fan, don't begrudge him for it. Riley, on the other hand, tried to sell Lebron on returning by adding to the roster the likes of Danny Granger, McBob, and Shabazz Napier. Heat fans who resent Lebron and give Riles a free pass here are just being irrational homers.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#51 » by KingDavid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:58 pm

jswede wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
DS17 wrote:Is he your savior for bringing 2 MVPS. FMVP's, CHAMPIONSHIPS and overall relevancy to Miami in four years?

Or is he hated on for leaving miami and going to CLE?

Where does he rank within the Miami heat all time players (i'd say second, although if he stayed there for 2-3 more years, he'd likely would have been ranked higher than Wade IMO.

I'm curious to see this.

Overrated player who is all about "me me me"

Opportunist. Quitter. He intentionally sulked and sabotaged the 2011 Finals because Wade was going to win the Finals MVP.

If I could do it over, I'd have Lebron keep his ass in CLE in 2010, and run with a Prime Wade + Bosh + whoever, and we would have won titles anyway.

Prime Wade > Prime Lebron

SMH. You guys realize you are under .500 since 2000 without him?

But we've made the playoffs plenty of times despite that. We had some really bad teams and Wade's health wasn't always there.

What makes LeBron great is his durability and it's blessed him with a very long prime. If Wade had that level of durability, he'd be on the same level, minimum. His prime was no joke. But we all know how ifs and buts go

Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, and Grant Hill are others that I feel would have been 1st ballot HOF talent if they had LeBron's durability.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#52 » by KingDavid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Beenie wrote:Lebron made the best decision for himself when he left Mia to return to Cleveland and I, as a Heat fan, don't begrudge him for it. Riley, on the other hand, tried to sell Lebron on returning by adding to the roster the likes of Danny Granger, McBob, and Shabazz Napier. Heat fans who resent Lebron and give Riles a free pass here are just being irrational homers.

What? We had damn near the 30th pick in that draft. Who the hell were we supposed to pick up? MJ?

Pau Gasol, and a few other notable vets we're ready and willing to come down here to play with LeBron, but LeBron had made up his mind about leaving long before the off-season and wouldn't commit to staying. You see how AD and Kyrie asked to be traded instead of walking out on the team for nothing? That's how that **** is normally supposed to be done. Instead he held secret meetings during the season and off-season with Cleveland reps and planned on leaving while screwing our team over.

Riley has lost his **** with some of these contracts and the way he treated Wade, but the LeBron saga is all on LeBron. That's a completely dick way to treat a franchise that took you in while the entire NBA and it's fans vilified you.
#HEATLifer

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,334

Post#53 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:00 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Beenie wrote:Lebron made the best decision for himself when he left Mia to return to Cleveland and I, as a Heat fan, don't begrudge him for it. Riley, on the other hand, tried to sell Lebron on returning by adding to the roster the likes of Danny Granger, McBob, and Shabazz Napier. Heat fans who resent Lebron and give Riles a free pass here are just being irrational homers.

What? We had damn near the 30th pick in that draft. Who the hell were we supposed to pick up? MJ?

Pau Gasol, and a few other notable vets we're ready and willing to come down here to play with LeBron, but LeBron had made up his mind about leaving long before the off-season and wouldn't commit to staying. You see how AD and Kyrie asked to be traded instead of walking out on the team for nothing? That's how that **** is normally supposed to be done. Instead he held secret meetings during the season and off-season with Cleveland reps and planned on leaving while screwing our team over.

Riley has lost his **** with some of these contracts and the way he treated Wade, but the LeBron saga is all on LeBron. That's a completely dick way to treat a franchise that took you in while the entire NBA and it's fans vilified you.

In a way... the Lebron drama is what caused the dominoes to fall in regards to Riley and Wade.

Riley was shocked and felt betrayed that Wade would take Lebron's side over the Heat's. Riley thought Wade would warn the Heat, or work with him, to keep the successful relationship going. Riley and Wade were family way before Lebron ever came to the picture.

So honestly, I don't fault Riley. Wade was injury prone and showed disloyalty to the franchise.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#54 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:05 pm

jswede wrote:SMH. You guys realize you are under .500 since 2000 without him?

SMH. You realize Lebron was a loser, a choker and a quitter who would have retired ringless if Miami never took him in and Riley/Wade showed him how to win?

Did you forget the pathetic performances and on-court behavior from Lebron from 2003-2010? He couldn't win squat, would quit on his teams, and he had no idea how to win. He had no idea how to have a champions mentality or attitude or leadership. He had no clue how to build a team around himself. You forget how much crap Lebron used to take pre-Miami. He was destined to be another Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins type of player. No rings.

Miami embraced him, taught him how to win, and gave him a stacked team. And he still pouted and sulked and lost a Finals series for us in 2011 because Bron Bron wasn't the focus.

Lebron owes everything to Miami. Period.

Had Lebron gone to the NY Knicks in 2010? LMAO.

Stayed in Cleveland? With the terrible roster situation, cap situation, and no possibility of future lottery picks? LMAO. And no idea how to be a champ? Destined to retire ringless.

And the 4 years he spent winning in Miami and going to Jedi School to learn from Master Riley and Wade, so he could finally be a real Jedi.... those 4 years allowed Cleveland to clear their roster, and draft three #1 picks. They had enough assets to build ANOTHER superteam. All Lebron had to do was pretend he gives a **** about Cleveland. The truth is, Wade was injured and done. The Heat weren't going to keep winning. And the Cavs had an all-star PG in Kyrie, with the assets to trade for Kevin Love and build ANOTHER superteam.

All Lebron had to do was pretend he gave a **** about your city, while reaping 4 more Finals appearances on a stacked team again.

Lebron is overrated as ****. The main thing going for him is his durability. He never got injured (until recently at age 34).
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
jswede
Sixth Man
And1: 1,840

Post#55 » by jswede » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
jswede wrote:SMH. You guys realize you are under .500 since 2000 without him?

SMH. You realize Lebron was a loser, a choker and a quitter who would have retired ringless if Miami never took him in and Riley/Wade showed him how to win?

Did you forget the pathetic performances and on-court behavior from Lebron from 2003-2010? He couldn't win squat, would quit on his teams, and he had no idea how to win. He had no idea how to have a champions mentality or attitude or leadership. He had no clue how to build a team around himself. You forget how much crap Lebron used to take pre-Miami. He was destined to be another Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins type of player. No rings.

Miami embraced him, taught him how to win, and gave him a stacked team. And he still pouted and sulked and lost a Finals series for us in 2011 because Bron Bron wasn't the focus.

Lebron owes everything to Miami. Period.

Had Lebron gone to the NY Knicks in 2010? LMAO.

Stayed in Cleveland? With the terrible roster situation, cap situation, and no possibility of future lottery picks? LMAO. And no idea how to be a champ? Destined to retire ringless.

And the 4 years he spent winning in Miami and going to Jedi School to learn from Master Riley and Wade, so he could finally be a real Jedi.... those 4 years allowed Cleveland to clear their roster, and draft three #1 picks. They had enough assets to build ANOTHER superteam. All Lebron had to do was pretend he gives a **** about Cleveland. The truth is, Wade was injured and done. The Heat weren't going to keep winning. And the Cavs had an all-star PG in Kyrie, with the assets to trade for Kevin Love and build ANOTHER superteam.

All Lebron had to do was pretend he gave a **** about your city, while reaping 4 more Finals appearances on a stacked team again.

Lebron is overrated as ****. The main thing going for him is his durability. He never got injured (until recently at age 34).

That sounds familiar...
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#56 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 pm

jswede wrote:That sounds familiar...

Exactly. It happened to Cleveland, then Miami, then Cleveland again.

That's what Lebron Ball does to your team, because he's so overrated you have to build a roster specifically to help him. And when he quits on your team, suddenly the roster doesn't work anymore because it was custom built for that loser.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#57 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 am

KingDavid wrote:

I call BS on Pau. Why? Simple Math. Lebron was adamant about getting the Max which he rightly deserves. Wade needed to get paid, so did Bosh. Now magically Pau is coming here?
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#58 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

I call BS on Pau. Why? Simple Math. Lebron was adamant about getting the Max which he rightly deserves. Wade needed to get paid, so did Bosh. Now magically Pau is coming here?

According to LeBatard, the Heat believe that James actively tried to sabotage potential Heat signings in the summer of 2014 when he went back to Cleveland.

“Here’s the other thing that the Miami Heat believe: that when LeBron decided to get out of here, he was actively playing defense against their ability to get anybody,” LeBatard said. “They thought they had Pau Gasol locked up and then LeBron got some texts to Pau Gasol and next thing you know Pau Gasol is going somewhere else. The Miami Heat thought he was actively playing defense because he wanted to leave the organization worse than he found it. That was a belief of the Miami Heat that LeBron James was trying to harm the Miami Heat and in this particular case, it’s what you’re talking about, taking away the Nets pick from them.”

Someone else told me the same thing back when it happened. I'm not making **** up.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#59 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:44 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

In a way... the Lebron drama is what caused the dominoes to fall in regards to Riley and Wade.

Riley was shocked and felt betrayed that Wade would take Lebron's side over the Heat's. Riley thought Wade would warn the Heat, or work with him, to keep the successful relationship going. Riley and Wade were family way before Lebron ever came to the picture.

So honestly, I don't fault Riley. Wade was injury prone and showed disloyalty to the franchise.

Can't blame Wade. Do you betray your real life best friend for your job? It's not a cop bagging another cop for being dirty; where there's oaths and lives at risk and such. It's just basketball. However, Wade should have known that his silence meant. That's the cost of being friends with LeBron. That dude is selfish af.
#HEATLifer

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#60 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 am

KingDavid wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
KingDavid wrote:What? We had damn near the 30th pick in that draft. Who the hell were we supposed to pick up? MJ?

According to LeBatard, the Heat believe that James actively tried to sabotage potential Heat signings in the summer of 2014 when he went back to Cleveland.

“Here’s the other thing that the Miami Heat believe: that when LeBron decided to get out of here, he was actively playing defense against their ability to get anybody,” LeBatard said. “They thought they had Pau Gasol locked up and then LeBron got some texts to Pau Gasol and next thing you know Pau Gasol is going somewhere else. The Miami Heat thought he was actively playing defense because he wanted to leave the organization worse than he found it. That was a belief of the Miami Heat that LeBron James was trying to harm the Miami Heat and in this particular case, it’s what you’re talking about, taking away the Nets pick from them.”

Someone else told me the same thing back when it happened. I'm not making **** up.

I know your not making it up, I’m looking at the logistics of it and it makes no sense. In order to make Pau sign we are talking about Wade and Bosh getting around a 50% pay cut while Lebron gets the Max. The math is what gets in the way. Who knows but it just doesn’t add up.

Return to Miami Heat