ImageImageImage

What do you heat fans think of LBJ?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,817

Re: What do you heat fans think of LBJ? 

Post#61 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
I call BS on Pau. Why? Simple Math. Lebron was adamant about getting the Max which he rightly deserves. Wade needed to get paid, so did Bosh. Now magically Pau is coming here?

According to LeBatard, the Heat believe that James actively tried to sabotage potential Heat signings in the summer of 2014 when he went back to Cleveland.

“Here’s the other thing that the Miami Heat believe: that when LeBron decided to get out of here, he was actively playing defense against their ability to get anybody,” LeBatard said. “They thought they had Pau Gasol locked up and then LeBron got some texts to Pau Gasol and next thing you know Pau Gasol is going somewhere else. The Miami Heat thought he was actively playing defense because he wanted to leave the organization worse than he found it. That was a belief of the Miami Heat that LeBron James was trying to harm the Miami Heat and in this particular case, it’s what you’re talking about, taking away the Nets pick from them.”

Someone else told me the same thing back when it happened. I'm not making **** up.

I know your not making it up, I’m looking at the logistics of it and it makes no sense. In order to make Pau sign we are talking about Wade and Bosh getting around a 50% pay cut while Lebron gets the Max. The math is what gets in the way. Who knows but it just doesn’t add up.

Pau was willing to take significantly less to play here with LeBron.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#62 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:56 am

KingDavid wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

Someone else told me the same thing back when it happened. I'm not making **** up.

I know your not making it up, I’m looking at the logistics of it and it makes no sense. In order to make Pau sign we are talking about Wade and Bosh getting around a 50% pay cut while Lebron gets the Max. The math is what gets in the way. Who knows but it just doesn’t add up.

Pau was willing to take significantly less to play here with LeBron.

Even if we conceded that, we would need Wade and Bosh to take 50% pay cuts. The Rockets where offering Bosh the Max and if Wade went looking for it, realistically he would get it. From 20+ mil to 10+ mil per year. The math just doesn’t add up any way you look at it.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#63 » by contract » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm

According to LeBatard, the Heat believe that James actively tried to sabotage potential Heat signings in the summer of 2014 when he went back to Cleveland.

“Here’s the other thing that the Miami Heat believe: that when LeBron decided to get out of here, he was actively playing defense against their ability to get anybody,” LeBatard said. “They thought they had Pau Gasol locked up and then LeBron got some texts to Pau Gasol and next thing you know Pau Gasol is going somewhere else. The Miami Heat thought he was actively playing defense because he wanted to leave the organization worse than he found it. That was a belief of the Miami Heat that LeBron James was trying to harm the Miami Heat and in this particular case, it’s what you’re talking about, taking away the Nets pick from them.”

That Lebron sabotaging the Heat story is preposterous. More likely is Pau's people calling up Lebron's and asking for assurances that he was returning, Lebron refusing to provide any, and Pau doing what Pat refused to do ... putting 2 + 2 together.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#64 » by jbk1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:18 am

Did I miss it or has Iggy not answered? I'm curious to know his feelings after that reverse jinx he hooked us up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#65 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Even Cavs fans out here trolling our MOD smh........
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Post#66 » by ElDoggo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Leave Bran alone.
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#67 » by DS17 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 am

Shewasfly wrote:Despite the fact that he is one of the greatest players of all time (top 10-15) he is incredibly overrated by most. He has no business being in the Jordan conversation and truthfully is not better than Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe for sure, and a few others have arguments over him as well like Larry Bird and Wilt.

The thing I respect most about him is his durability. Other than that, I can leave everything else. We would have won again regardless without him. We had prime Wade who was still acting like prime Wade the assassin, instead of genuflecting, tame Wade who had to cater to LeBron's ego so as to not be screwed out of more rings by him like in 2011. And we also had Bosh, who too at the time was stll playing like a #1 with confidence and not a jump shooter.

Also, Prime Wade >> Prime LeBron. If Wade was durable he would have had 2 championships and an MVP before LeBron even decided to enroll in Wade's season long training camp to learn how to be a champion. The fact that Heat fans watched Wade do what he did for years and immediately threw him under the bus as soon as LeBron joined is exactly why nobody respects us as a fanbase. We don't ride for our guys, we ride for Riley. The guy who **** us beyond belief for the foreseeable future bc of his own ego.

Prime wade > LBJ? Gosh, you sound delusional. Not even realistic laker fans would put prime kobe over prime LBJ overall let alone Wade...
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#68 » by DS17 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:12 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
jswede wrote:SMH. You guys realize you are under .500 since 2000 without him?

SMH. You realize Lebron was a loser, a choker and a quitter who would have retired ringless if Miami never took him in and Riley/Wade showed him how to win?

Did you forget the pathetic performances and on-court behavior from Lebron from 2003-2010? He couldn't win squat, would quit on his teams, and he had no idea how to win. He had no idea how to have a champions mentality or attitude or leadership. He had no clue how to build a team around himself. You forget how much crap Lebron used to take pre-Miami. He was destined to be another Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins type of player. No rings.

Miami embraced him, taught him how to win, and gave him a stacked team. And he still pouted and sulked and lost a Finals series for us in 2011 because Bron Bron wasn't the focus.

Lebron owes everything to Miami. Period.

Had Lebron gone to the NY Knicks in 2010? LMAO.

Stayed in Cleveland? With the terrible roster situation, cap situation, and no possibility of future lottery picks? LMAO. And no idea how to be a champ? Destined to retire ringless.

And the 4 years he spent winning in Miami and going to Jedi School to learn from Master Riley and Wade, so he could finally be a real Jedi.... those 4 years allowed Cleveland to clear their roster, and draft three #1 picks. They had enough assets to build ANOTHER superteam. All Lebron had to do was pretend he gives a **** about Cleveland. The truth is, Wade was injured and done. The Heat weren't going to keep winning. And the Cavs had an all-star PG in Kyrie, with the assets to trade for Kevin Love and build ANOTHER superteam.

All Lebron had to do was pretend he gave a **** about your city, while reaping 4 more Finals appearances on a stacked team again.

Lebron is overrated as ****. The main thing going for him is his durability. He never got injured (until recently at age 34).

You truly are a grumpy fan. Take it easy and smile man.
ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Post#69 » by ElDoggo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:20 am

We all know Lebrondo is a beta until he has to force it. Anywhoo... LeBron, if he passes Kareem in points, has a good case for best career of all time which would put him squarely at 2 or 3 if you count golden Russell. Another ring would help.
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#70 » by Sgt P » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Again this was posted as a question to Miami Heat fans. If you are not a Heat fan, go kick rocks. Stop trolling on our board. Do not chime in. I am reporting you all.

C allin the Mods...
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#71 » by HIF » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:21 am

jswede wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
DS17 wrote:Is he your savior for bringing 2 MVPS. FMVP's, CHAMPIONSHIPS and overall relevancy to Miami in four years?

Or is he hated on for leaving miami and going to CLE?

Where does he rank within the Miami heat all time players (i'd say second, although if he stayed there for 2-3 more years, he'd likely would have been ranked higher than Wade IMO.

I'm curious to see this.

Overrated player who is all about "me me me"

Opportunist. Quitter. He intentionally sulked and sabotaged the 2011 Finals because Wade was going to win the Finals MVP.

If I could do it over, I'd have Lebron keep his ass in CLE in 2010, and run with a Prime Wade + Bosh + whoever, and we would have won titles anyway.

Prime Wade > Prime Lebron

SMH. You guys realize you are under .500 since 2000 without him?

And without Chalmers. perhaps he was the amn.

Were you one of those Cavs fans who burnt his shirt?

He's a great physical specimen with skills but a poor person.

Wade was a far better player for the team.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#72 » by HIF » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:23 am

Beenie wrote:Lebron made the best decision for himself when he left Mia to return to Cleveland and I, as a Heat fan, don't begrudge him for it. Riley, on the other hand, tried to sell Lebron on returning by adding to the roster the likes of Danny Granger, McBob, and Shabazz Napier. Heat fans who resent Lebron and give Riles a free pass here are just being irrational homers.

Re-write history for your bitch?

Lebron asked us to draft shabbazz. Danny and McBob were players we got because lebron punked us.

HIF
RealGM

Post#73 » by HIF » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:27 am

DS17 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Despite the fact that he is one of the greatest players of all time (top 10-15) he is incredibly overrated by most. He has no business being in the Jordan conversation and truthfully is not better than Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Kobe for sure, and a few others have arguments over him as well like Larry Bird and Wilt.

The thing I respect most about him is his durability. Other than that, I can leave everything else. We would have won again regardless without him. We had prime Wade who was still acting like prime Wade the assassin, instead of genuflecting, tame Wade who had to cater to LeBron's ego so as to not be screwed out of more rings by him like in 2011. And we also had Bosh, who too at the time was stll playing like a #1 with confidence and not a jump shooter.

Also, Prime Wade >> Prime LeBron. If Wade was durable he would have had 2 championships and an MVP before LeBron even decided to enroll in Wade's season long training camp to learn how to be a champion. The fact that Heat fans watched Wade do what he did for years and immediately threw him under the bus as soon as LeBron joined is exactly why nobody respects us as a fanbase. We don't ride for our guys, we ride for Riley. The guy who **** us beyond belief for the foreseeable future bc of his own ego.

Prime wade > LBJ? Gosh, you sound delusional. Not even realistic laker fans would put prime kobe over prime LBJ overall let alone Wade...

I'd take Kobe over Lebron because he was a loyal laker who did what was needed compared to Bron who was a weak bottler (probably and English expression) who couldn't handle the real pressure until Wade and Riley taught him how (and that cost the Heat a title too). Kobe always excelled under pressure.

Lebron is simply an incredible physical specimen.

contract
RealGM

Post#74 » by contract » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:41 pm

Sgt P wrote:Again this was posted as a question to Miami Heat fans. If you are not a Heat fan, go kick rocks. Stop trolling on our board. Do not chime in. I am reporting you all.

C allin the Mods...

Thank god! All this activity on our board was starting to make me dizzy.
contract
RealGM

Post#75 » by contract » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:55 pm

HIF wrote:
DS17 wrote:

I'd take Kobe over Lebron because he was a loyal laker who did what was needed compared to Bron who was a weak bottler (probably and English expression) who couldn't handle the real pressure until Wade and Riley taught him how (and that cost the Heat a title too). Kobe always excelled under pressure.

This is so wrong. Lebron carried trash to the NBA Finals long before he ever got here. He had Larry Hughes as his wing man for god's sake! The only thing Lebron learned here is that having better teammates makes winning championships easier.

PG: Eric Snow
SG: Larry Hughes
SF: LeBron James
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Y'all got to stop this. :lol:
jswede
Sixth Man
And1: 1,840

Post#76 » by jswede » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 pm

HIF wrote:
jswede wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Overrated player who is all about "me me me"

Opportunist. Quitter. He intentionally sulked and sabotaged the 2011 Finals because Wade was going to win the Finals MVP.

If I could do it over, I'd have Lebron keep his ass in CLE in 2010, and run with a Prime Wade + Bosh + whoever, and we would have won titles anyway.

Prime Wade > Prime Lebron

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#77 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:37 am

contract wrote:
HIF wrote:
DS17 wrote:

This is so wrong. Lebron carried trash to the NBA Finals long before he ever got here. He had Larry Hughes as his wing man for god's sake! The only thing Lebron learned here is that having better teammates makes winning championships easier.

2000-2001 Philadelphia 76ers

Allen Iverson carried a trash team to the Finals and even beat the undefeated Lakers in Game 1. Lebron got 4-0 swept by the Spurs.

PG : Allen Iverson
SG : Eric Snow
SF : Aaron McKie
PF : Tyrone Hill
C : Dikembe Mutombo

so don't be quoting random crap like that because other players, with no rings, have done even better
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
HIF
RealGM

Post#78 » by HIF » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:16 am

contract wrote:
HIF wrote:
DS17 wrote:

I didn't say he couldn't carry trash. I said he was a bottler. Getting to a final and winning it are completely different jobs. I remember how he LOST us a championship too. He was terrible and couldn't just give the ball to Wade and get out of the way.

He learned from Wade and Riley how to handle the real pressure.

HIF
RealGM

Post#79 » by HIF » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:18 am

jswede wrote:
HIF wrote:
jswede wrote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Same for you man. You're the one who needs to come on the Heat board to defend the guy whose shirt you burned because you were so butthurt.

contract
RealGM

Post#80 » by contract » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:50 pm

We handled real pressure in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 like champs.

Return to Miami Heat