ImageImageImage

Heat vs Mavs 2/13 Wed 8:30PM

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Re: Heat vs Mavs 2/13 Wed 8:30PM 

Post#281 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Shouldn't we focus on getting a legit starting 5 before extending long term money to the 6th man role?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,476

Post#282 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:19 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Shouldn't we focus on getting a legit starting 5 before extending long term money to the 6th man role?

I agree. That's probably the conclusion the organization should come to. It's in his best interest to opt in if he wants to stay and we can take care of him with his bird rights after we see where we stand after the free agent dust settles in 2021.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#283 » by oreon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:38 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Shouldn't we focus on getting a legit starting 5 before extending long term money to the 6th man role?

Sure. That's probably the conclusion the organization should come to. It's in his best interest to opt in if he wants to stay and take care of him with his bird rights after we see where we stand after the free agent dust settles in 2021.

That's not much of a departure from the current path. It would be better if we worked with him to send him to a playoff contending team. A team like the Jazz or Pacers. We really need to rebuild next season and it would be best to move from Dragic, Dion, KO, JJ.
The top of the East is already out of our reach and it could get a whole better next season. Durant is likely coming East, Boston has a couple moves to make and I can see Kawhi resigning. I don't see the point of continuing this next season. We can't put all our eggs in the 2021 baskets. If we strike out again, and we don't have a top 20 player in the roster then we are back to where we were post Lebron exit. That would be 6 years wasted.
If we can draft a player with a high ceiling in the next 2 years, atleast we will have a plan B incase FA of 2021 doesn't work out.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,476

Post#284 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:54 pm

oreon wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Sure. That's probably the conclusion the organization should come to. It's in his best interest to opt in if he wants to stay and take care of him with his bird rights after we see where we stand after the free agent dust settles in 2021.

That's not much of a departure from the current path. It would be better if we worked with him to send him to a playoff contending team. A team like the Jazz or Pacers. We really need to rebuild next season and it would be best to move from Dragic, Dion, KO, JJ.
The top of the East is already out of our reach and it could get a whole better next season. Durant is likely coming East, Boston has a couple moves to make and I can see Kawhi resigning. I don't see the point of continuing this next season. We can't put all our eggs in the 2021 baskets. If we strike out again, and we don't have a top 20 player in the roster then we are back to where we were post Lebron exit. That would be 6 years wasted.
If we can draft a player with a high ceiling in the next 2 years, atleast we will have a plan B incase FA of 2021 doesn't work out.

I'm ok with any trade scenario regarding Dragic as well if it brings back some assets. I'm guessing we have to communicate with him to see what direction we both want to go in. He could simply opt out and choose his destination if his agent gets tipped off of a suitor. Especially a team like the Mavs. Like i said we have a bunch of options with Dragic and non of them are really bad.
ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Post#285 » by ElDoggo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

end of the rivalry.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#286 » by HIF » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:40 pm

I'd just like to leave this here:

I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Post#287 » by DayofMourning » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:19 am

Dirk wrote:Wade, like DayofMourining is retiring way too soon.

This guy....

Has never made a grammatical mistake in his life, yet he misspelled my name.....

Trolling at its best.

Reported!

Return to Miami Heat