ImageImageImage

Heat vs Sucksers , Tuesday 4/9 @7:30 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Re: Heat vs Sucksers , Tuesday 4/9 @7:30 PM EST 

Post#401 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:40 am

Lilseb93 wrote:I think the only players safe are Bam and Winslow. Everyone else is on the table if anyone bites. JRich isn't being shopped, but they'll listen to teams I'm sure.

Agreed. They will be looking to full on build around Bam and Winslow. If we could some how get Beal away from the Wiz using J Rich that would be fantastic. Beal would fit so perfectly with Bam and Winslow.
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,190

Post#402 » by Lilseb93 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:40 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:But I don't think Waiters and JJ are in our long term plans. Next year we'll probably look to move them.

Nobody wants them. Who wants to pay JJ 16 million per for the next two years? It would have to be a Ryan Anderson for TJ type of trade but i'm also pretty sure nobody wants JJ in trade. We are stuck with them at least for another year.

We are, but maybe next year we could pull that kind of trade like you said. Probably not, but I also thought the same about TJ. Yes TJ is younger though.
Heat Culture :hug:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#403 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:As much as we rage about JJ and Dion's contracts, reality is they won't be THAT bad anymore.

2 years $24M for Dion and 2 years $32 for JJ.

Certainly ugly on a per annum basis (JJ in particular), but it's not like they wouldn't be moveable to some degree. We'd have to accept chit to send chit basically.

Dion actually rounded into solid form, so if (big IF) he can get himself in reasonable shape, he could have a decent year as a 6th man next season.

Dion already said he's really going to hit it hard this off season because he's finally healthy and for some reason i kinda believe him.

OP for NBA FT record
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach

Post#404 » by Lilseb93 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:I think the only players safe are Bam and Winslow. Everyone else is on the table if anyone bites. JRich isn't being shopped, but they'll listen to teams I'm sure.

Agreed. They will be looking to full on build around Bam and Winslow. If we could some how get Beal away from the Wiz using J Rich that would be fantastic. Beal would fit so perfectly with Bam and Winslow.

I dig it. :D
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach

Post#405 » by Lilseb93 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:48 am

If anything, just get a consistent rotation going. I'm tired of a new one every game. We'll be better just for that. Play better against bad teams. We barely missed the playoffs because of dumb losses more than anything. Stop blowing leads in the 3rd Q. These are things we can improve on even with the same players.
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach

Post#406 » by Lilseb93 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:49 am

It's not like we need to win 55 games to win the division lol.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#407 » by IggieCC » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:17 am

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,208

Post#408 » by oreon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:23 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
I don't think Waiters gets another contract judging by how hard they tried to move him last offseason

Right. They definitely want to move on from him.

We are stuck. Need to find a role for him either way. Probably best if he comes off the bench with Dragic next year. Unless Dragic decides not to opt in.

Dragic shouldn't come back. If he opts in, we should work with him to move to a playoff contender. Winslow needs to be fulltime PG. And Spo needs to push Winslow and J Rich to be assertive offensively especially at the end of the games. That's why we should try to move Dion as well. We are unlikely to get an expiring but we could get a player of equal contract length who plays more offball and is more deferential.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#409 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:28 am

Lilseb93 wrote:It's not like we need to win 55 games to win the division lol.

Division banners are worthless. If you tried to pay for a pack of gum with a division banner, you would still have to pay full price for the gum and keep the banner.

4 game win streak OP banners made by chalm on the other hand... those are valuable. See my sig.
OP for NBA FT record
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,995

Post#410 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:58 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Division banners are worthless. If you tried to pay for a pack of gum with a division banner, you would still have to pay full price for the gum and keep the banner.

4 game win streak OP banners made by chalm on the other hand... those are valuable. See my sig.
i disagree they are important because seeding maters,it tells you what type of team and organization you are.also it tells you how hungry you are to get on top of the race.i dont buy in to the lame excuse that regular season doesnt matter because it does.look what just happened to the heat because they played mostly like crap during the season (record shows this to be true,btw)

more wins means that you care and are on the right track for a championship.never heard of a team that has has low seed and has won it all.not in basketball anyways
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#411 » by Trapstar3 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:03 am

Couldn't catch the game live due to the time difference cause I had to work the next day
but as soon as I woke up I immediately watched the ceremony on YouTube and this was legit my face as a 26 year old man watching my childhood hero one last time.

wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,251

Post#412 » by wadenation305 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:06 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:James Johnson has never been the same since the injury, Tyler Johnson is gone and was disappointing anyways. That 1-2 punch we had off the bench several years ago isn't that anymore. KO has just been disappointing this year. Ryan Anderson has no future here. McGruder is gone. Dragic is getting older and more inconsistent. Whiteside lost minutes and still doesn't live up to his contract. Waiters is still inconsistent and doesn't do enough.

A lot of our rotation is just outright mediocre and replaceable.

I like KO as a complement to Bam for now. Waiters could be interesting as a 6th man next year if he takes Wade's role

The only reason he seems like a complement to bam is cause there isn’t much of on option besides djj to go along with him, and honestly I’d explore the djj starting as he will provide better defense, any pf that has any more athleticism than a tree stump make sure ko look like he’s stuck in mud more often then not getting burned djj fits in better with the athleticism of bam winslow and j-rich and night and day better defender
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#413 » by Chalm Down » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:09 am

wadenation305 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:James Johnson has never been the same since the injury, Tyler Johnson is gone and was disappointing anyways. That 1-2 punch we had off the bench several years ago isn't that anymore. KO has just been disappointing this year. Ryan Anderson has no future here. McGruder is gone. Dragic is getting older and more inconsistent. Whiteside lost minutes and still doesn't live up to his contract. Waiters is still inconsistent and doesn't do enough.

A lot of our rotation is just outright mediocre and replaceable.

I like KO as a complement to Bam for now. Waiters could be interesting as a 6th man next year if he takes Wade's role

The only reason he seems like a complement to bam is cause there isn’t much of on option besides djj to go along with him, and honestly I’d explore the djj starting as he will provide better defense, any pf that has any more athleticism than a tree stump make sure ko look like he’s stuck in mud more often then not getting burned djj fits in better with the athleticism of bam winslow and j-rich and night and day better defender

I think you're under-rating Kelly's offensive skills. The shooting, passing, bbiq...all useful.
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
wadenation305
Bench Warmer

Post#414 » by wadenation305 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:11 am

Would you guys do miami’s pick j-rich and Hassan’s expiring for Bradley Beal?
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,995

Post#415 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:14 am

wadenation305 wrote:Would you guys do miami’s pick j-rich and Hassan’s expiring for Bradley Beal?
sure if spo gets fired from the team
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#416 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:22 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

i disagree they are important because seeding maters,it tells you what type of team and organization you are.also it tells you how hungry you are to get on top of the race.i dont buy in to the lame excuse that regular season doesnt matter because it does.look what just happened to the heat because they played mostly like crap during the season (record shows this to be true,btw)

more wins means that you care and are on the right track for a championship.never heard of a team that has has low seed and has won it all.not in basketball anyways

Regular season win matter. Division banners don’t. Division banners play very little role in seeding and will probably be obsolete in the near future.
OP for NBA FT record
wadenation305
Bench Warmer

Post#417 » by wadenation305 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:37 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
wadenation305 wrote:Would you guys do miami’s pick j-rich and Hassan’s expiring for Bradley Beal?
sure if spo gets fired from the team

One can only dream, a team lead by spo isn’t going anywhere we need someone that is not a robot and has a feel for the game which spo does not, don’t get me wrong some games we’re just really bad and the coaching has nothing to do with it we just plain come out flat, but he does waaay too many questionable things, pulls people out and puts them on ice when they’re hot for extended periods, firmly commits to playing srub players to big minutes and only altering the course because he has no other option cause his scrub favorites get injured or traded at the last like 3 games of the season, the big three won in spite of the spo not helped by him, you could of put a plank of wood to be the head coach or paid a random person walking outside the triple a, random person every game and they would have looked good with three of the top 5 best players at that time, and Lebron helped too. In fact I’d even wager we’d won more championships without him as he refuses to make changes the Mavericks won cause spo refused to make an adjustment when an actual coach like the mav’s made one in starting jj barea to torch the corpse of mike bibby, as soon as almorio chalms got in he got barea under control, but spo never let go of the rope and kept mike starting and putting us at a disadvantage
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#418 » by BFRESH44 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:11 am

A great night. Glad I could be there in person. #L3GACY
kidco2
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#419 » by kidco2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:05 am

Why UD getting boos?
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,220

Post#420 » by Heat3 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:17 pm

kidco2 wrote:Why UD getting boos?

:rofl:

They weren’t booing. They were chanting UD! UD! UD!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Return to Miami Heat