ImageImageImage

Riley reflects on Heat season, says time to think is needed

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Riley reflects on Heat season, says time to think is needed 

Post#1 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:55 pm

https://apnews.com/eaeff1adf00b4a109560fa84f1ffc15f

affer reading the article,no personnel changes and player changes it seems we are about to have another losing season next year. riley is delusional if he thinks that he can be a top 4 team in the east with this sad roster and coaching cadre.i truly believe that this is the time to blow it up.other than thAt. as drastic as it sounds,there's no other way to do it.any more delays will just compound the problem and make fans very unhappy and the heat a laughing stock of the league.

you can wait on the draft and FA market all that you want but there's need a change in philosophy and a different approach in how things are done.you just cant expect people to show up to a very mediocre product.end of rant

Riley said the team is a long way from personnel decisions and draft strategy.
:banghead:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,428

Re: Riley reflects on Heat season, says time to think is needed 

Post#2 » by MartyConlonJr » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:https://apnews.com/eaeff1adf00b4a109560fa84f1ffc15f

affer reading the article,no personnel changes and player changes it seems we are about to have another losing season next year. riley is delusional if he thinks that he can be a top 4 team in the east with this sad roster and coaching cadre.i truly believe that this is the time to blow it up.other than thAt. as drastic as it sounds,there's no other way to do it.any more delays will just compound the problem and make fans very unhappy and the heat a laughing stock of the league.

you can wait on the draft and FA market all that you want but there's need a change in philosophy and a different approach in how things are done.you just cant expect people to show up to a very mediocre product.end of rant

The key point for me from that article:
“Not a new culture, but tightening the screws on a culture that sometimes erodes just a little bit.”: I take this to mean the 'me' culture that slipped in, primarily Hassan and Dion, and also probably the work ethic part, also fat Dion. I think it signals that Riley will definitely move Hassan for whatever in the season. He may have been holding out for a pick or something but now sees that it is toxic behaviour and will take any level of expiring. I think they have separately issued ultimatums to Dion about being in shape and he basically has one more shot to do it the 'Heat way', he kind of got the starting role without getting in Heat shape this year, no more of that.

I'm glad he has noticed the turd quarter trend of Miami. I assume it is also conditioning related, but I've played on teams with too many players vying for minutes and it throws everyone's game off. The rotation can't be 12 deep with guys all worthy of starter minutes (well, no less worthy than the guy in front of them anyway). Maybe he sees that and will cut it back. Which also ties into the idea that you could trade Hassan for another expiring that is inferior but doesn't need minutes
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#3 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Riley trade up and draft Zion
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
rickyt31
Sophomore
And1: 409

Post#4 » by rickyt31 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:56 pm

I was hoping for a rebuild from top to bottom this offseason, but I have my doubts. Looking at how this offseason could work, we could benefit from the decisions of someone like Kyrie. If he goes to the Knicks, DSJ could be available. If he goes to the Lakers, we can go after Ball. (Those are just examples) . There might be a few good 3 team trades we can potentially come away with a young player(Then pray for a D.Russell rise) or/and expiring contracts. That or hope another unhappy player considers us in a sign and trade deal.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#5 » by contract » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:04 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:https://apnews.com/eaeff1adf00b4a109560fa84f1ffc15f

If we're still counting on Waiters and JJ, we've learned nothing. I understand that we're stuck with those guys, but they should both be relegated to bench roles. Giving Waiters "the role he wants" means retarding the development of Winslow and JRich, which would be awful in every way imaginable. I don't care if Waiters gets into the best shape in human history, he can't be allowed to stunt the growth of young players who actually matter to our future.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:

Return to Miami Heat