ImageImageImage

2019 NBA Draft Konnichiwa Arigato Gozaimasu

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Who do you want with 13th pick?

Rui Hachimura
15%
Romeo Langford
12%
Darius Garland
6%
Bol Bol
13%
Nassir Little
10%
Kevin Porter Jr.
10%
Coby White
10%
Brandon Clarke
6%
Keldon Johnson
4%
Other(Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Talen Horton-Tucker, etc,.)
17%

Total votes: 103

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,724

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Konnichiwa Arigato Gozaimasu 

Post#1421 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 2:30 am

radikalBaller wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Hornets maybe be starving for a decent center, they might take the gamble on Bol versus the Doumbouya project I think

Feel like they are better off trading for Whiteside and taking BPA. If Jaxson Hayes slips he may be the pick for them. Clarke has to prove he can shoot before he cracks the lottery. He's been a workout warrior so far but he has to show he can stretch the floor somewhat. Rui already has a promise so that should show you teams value him more over Clarke.

Most of us had Clarke pegged for Minny and they clearly prefer Rui. I had always considered Rui to be the better NBA prospect cause he could shoot. Clarke and Rui operated well together cause one was clearly the center(Clarke) and Rui was the stretch 4. Clarke needs to be on a team that has a stretch 5 or a unicorn SF like Giannis or Durant.

Yeah thats why Wolfes are dumb, Clarke is a much better fit with KAT and Wiggins, they will never learn...

The next best spot for Clarke would be Boston at 14 if they pass on Bol. Clarke could operate well with Horford at C.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1422 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 am

If the Hawks are smart they pass on Jaxson Hayes and go with Reddish at 8 and Doumbouya at 10 if the Wiz pass on him for another option. Doumbouya could be developed slowly and become a force off there bench at SF/PF behind Collins and Reddish. I've seen some mocks having Hayes go to the Wiz but with Portis and Bryant playing well and Howard opting in I think they have a chance to get a more all around talent like Doumbouya instead. If Doumbouya goes to the Wiz then Hawks are back to square one with Hayes at 10.

I tweaked a few things here to show some different options

1. Zion - Pels
2. Morant - Memphis
3. Barret - NY
4. Culver - LA
5. Hunter - Cavs
6. Garland - Phoeniux
7. White - Bulls
8. Reddish - Atlanta
9. Little or Doumbouya - Washington
10. Hayes or Doumbouya - Atlanta
11. Rui - Wolfes
12. Doumbouya or Hayes - Hornets
13. Little or Langford or Doumbouya - Miami
14. Bol or Clarke - Celtics

It's looking very good that Little(If Wiz pass on him for Doumbouya) can slide to 13 with the Hawks having just drafted a wing at 8 with Reddish and needing a Center 10 Hayes. Hachimura commitment at 11 to Wolves. Does Charlotte then pass on an elite shot blocker like Hayes at 12? Don't think so. That leaves us our choice between Little and Langford and either way i'am happy.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1423 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:55 am

Guess who has short arms, wasn't much of a 3-point shooter in college and is a star today?
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1424 » by radikalBaller » Mon May 20, 2019 2:59 am

Blake Griffin ?

Clarke is as much athletic as Zion, everytime he jumps his head is at the rim...
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1425 » by radikalBaller » Mon May 20, 2019 3:01 am

Imagine this defense:

Bam
Clarke
DJJ
Jrich
Winlow
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1426 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am

radikalBaller wrote:Imagine this defense:

Bam
Clarke
DJJ
Jrich
Winlow

Our offensive spacing would be horrific. Put Durant, Klay, and Steph and it works.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1427 » by Dr_Heat » Mon May 20, 2019 3:04 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:If the Hawks are smart they pass on Jaxson Hayes and go with Reddish at 8 and Doumbouya at 10 if the Wiz pass on him for another option. Doumbouya could be developed slowly and become a force off there bench at SF/PF behind Collins and Reddish. I've seen some mocks having Hayes go to the Wiz but with Portis and Bryant playing well and Howard opting in I think they have a chance to get a more all around talent like Doumbouya instead. If Doumbouya goes to the Wiz then Hawks are back to square one with Hayes at 10.

1. Zion - Pels
2. Morant - Memphis
3. Barret - NY
4. Culver - LA
5. Hunter - Cavs
6. Garland - Phoeniux
7. White - Bulls
8. Reddish - Atlanta
11. Rui - Wolfes

It's looking very good that Little(If Wiz pass on him for Doumbouya) can slide to 13 with the Hawks having just drafted a wing at 8 with Reddish and needing a Center 10 Hayes. Hachimura commitment at 11 to Wolves. Does Charlotte then pass on an elite shot blocker like Hayes at 12? Don't think so. That leaves us our choice between Little and Langford and either way i'am happy.

Where’s Porter Jr ?
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1428 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am

Dr_Heat wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:If the Hawks are smart they pass on Jaxson Hayes and go with Reddish at 8 and Doumbouya at 10 if the Wiz pass on him for another option. Doumbouya could be developed slowly and become a force off there bench at SF/PF behind Collins and Reddish. I've seen some mocks having Hayes go to the Wiz but with Portis and Bryant playing well and Howard opting in I think they have a chance to get a more all around talent like Doumbouya instead. If Doumbouya goes to the Wiz then Hawks are back to square one with Hayes at 10.

1. Zion - Pels
2. Morant - Memphis
3. Barret - NY
4. Culver - LA
5. Hunter - Cavs
6. Garland - Phoeniux
7. White - Bulls
8. Reddish - Atlanta
11. Rui - Wolfes

Where’s Porter Jr ?

Probably going to Brooklyn at 17. The first team that actually interviewed him and worked him out.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1429 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 3:08 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Guess who has short arms, wasn't much of a 3-point shooter in college and is a star today?

This better be good cause I don't see too many 6'8 208 pound PF's who are currently stars in the league that can't shoot. My best guess is Demar Derozan coming in at 6'7 with a 6'9 wingspan. Jimmy Butler at 6'7 with 6'8 wingspan? Neither of those guys played C/PF in college and can still shoot solid mid range J's before extending there shots out to the 3 point line.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1430 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 3:17 am

radikalBaller wrote:Blake Griffin ?

Clarke is as much athletic as Zion, everytime he jumps his head is at the rim...

We have a guy on our team who's 6'7 205 pounds 7'0 wingspan who's head touches the rim also.

pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#1431 » by pelifan » Mon May 20, 2019 3:21 am

1. Zion - Pels
2. Morant - Memphis
3. Barret - NY
4. Culver - LA
5. Hunter - Cavs
6. Garland - Phoeniux
7. White - Bulls
8. Reddish - Atlanta
11. Rui - Wolfes

Think Hayes will slide TBH, Atlanta takes Clarke as athletic Marion type

1. Zion - Pels
2. Morant - Memphis
3. Barret - NY
4. Garland - LA
5. Hunter - Cavs
6. White - Phoeniux
7. Culver - Bulls
8. Reddish - Atlanta
9. Doumbouya/Rui - Washington
10. Clarke - Atlanta
11. Rui/Doumbouya - Wolfes
12. Langford- Hornets
13. ???????????? - Miami
14. Hayes prob - Celtics
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#1432 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:37 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Guess who has short arms, wasn't much of a 3-point shooter in college and is a star today?

This better be good cause I don't see too many 6'8 208 pound PF's who are currently stars in the league that can't shoot. My best guess is Demar Derozan coming in at 6'7 with a 6'9 wingspan. Jimmy Butler at 6'7 with 6'8 wingspan? Neither of those guys played C/PF in college and can still shoot solid mid range J's before extending there shots out to the 3 point line.

Jimmy Butler is the answer and the fact that he plays SG/SF is even better. John Collins also has short arms and played center last year. Same goes for Julius Randle, he has T-Rex arms and is still a great scorer around the basket. I don't know why you guys act like Clarke has no range outside of 3 feet. He made over 50% of his 2-point jumpers. He's the only player I'm aware of that did that this season. If he develops a 3-point shot you got one of the best PFs in the NBA.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1433 » by Dr_Heat » Mon May 20, 2019 3:38 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:

1. Zion - Pels
2. Morant - Memphis
3. Barret - NY
4. Culver - LA
5. Hunter - Cavs
6. Garland - Phoeniux
7. White - Bulls
8. Reddish - Atlanta
11. Rui - Wolfes

Where’s Porter Jr ?

Probably going to Brooklyn at 17. The first team that actually interviewed him and worked him out.

Smh
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1434 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 am

NBA Draft: Charlotte Hornets may be interested in Brandon Clarke

After a successful meeting, Brandon Clarke caught the attention of the Charlotte Hornets, and the team may be interested in the three-year college athlete.

This week Brandon Clarke met with the Charlotte Hornets, and the three-year college athlete believed that it went exceptionally well. Clarke played for two different college teams and played well for Gonzaga last season.

Per Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, Gonzaga’s Brandon Clarke said that his initial meeting with the Charlotte Hornets couldn’t have gone much better. This is encouraging to hear from players who are heading into the draft.

Coach James Borrego made it known after the season was over that defense in the frontcourt was an issue for the Hornets, and that he would like to see the Hornets upgrade that part of the team. A prospect like Clarke could solve some of those issues.

There is only one problem though, Clarke is undersized for someone who plays the four spot. It would seem that he would be better at the small forward position, but Clarke lacks perimeter shooting.

If the Hornets were to select him with the 12th pick, he would play a similar role to what Michael Kidd-Gilchrist plays now. His defense is okay, but I would assume that he needs to work on his offense if he wants to further impress a team like the Hornets.

Clarke has taken a longer path to the NBA, initially playing the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons with San Jose State before transferring to Gonzaga. Last season, he averaged 16.9 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per game.

This prospect has the ability to throw down some impressive dunks, but he needs to work on his shooting. Clarke knows that he needs to work on this, as he told reporters that he’s been working on his perimeter shooting for the past few months.

Clarke also stated that he thinks that he can guard every position the court. This is a lot of confidence coming from a prospect, and no one doubts his defensive abilities, but the only thing he lacks in the frontcourt is the size to matchup against NBA bigs.

I would assume that the Hornets may stay interested in Clarke, but there’s a lot of talent that they can choose from in this upcoming draft. After this successful meeting, Clarke should be a name that Hornets fans remember around the draft time.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1435 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Jimmy Butler is the answer and the fact that he plays SG/SF is even better. John Collins also has short arms and played center last year. Same goes for Julius Randle, he has T-Rex arms and is still a great scorer around the basket. I don't know why you guys act like Clarke has no range outside of 3 feet. He made over 50% of his 2-point jumpers. He's the only player I'm aware of that did that this season. If he develops a 3-point shot you got one of the best PFs in the NBA.

John Collins comes in at 6'9 235 pounds 6'11 wingspan and Julius "T-Rex" Randle at 6'9 250 7'0. These guys are able to use there size and weight down low in order to be successful scorers in the low block. I'm not sure how a 6'8 208 pound PF is supposed to move some of these guys down low. Even Bam at 6'10 250 7'1. 250 pounds vs 208 pounds is a large discrepancy especially with someone like Bam who brings just as much athleticism as Clarke does. I don't mean to be harsh on Clarke. I really really like the kid. I just think he needs to find the right situation in order to maximize his talents.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1436 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 am

Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1437 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 20, 2019 4:09 am

A true dark horse team for Brandon Clarke might be the Phoenix Suns at 6 if Garland is off the board and they decide to pass on Coby White. James Jones is looking to change the culture over there in Phoenix to be more defensive minded and Clarke might just be that guy. Especially since he actually wants to be there. Might bring some energy that team needs.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2019/05/17/gonzagas-brandon-clarke-dreams-playing-home-phoenix-suns/3703884002/
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,936

Post#1438 » by Wiltside » Mon May 20, 2019 4:45 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:A true dark horse team for Brandon Clarke might be the Phoenix Suns at 6 if Garland is off the board and they decide to pass on Coby White. James Jones is looking to change the culture over there in Phoenix to be more defensive minded and Clarke might just be that guy. Especially since he actually wants to be there. Might bring some energy that team needs.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2019/05/17/gonzagas-brandon-clarke-dreams-playing-home-phoenix-suns/3703884002/

A friend of mine who is a diehard Suns fan is praying for Clarke at 6. Thinks the fit with Ayton will be good, and Ayton has more stretch abilities than shown last season.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#1439 » by Hallstar » Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:A true dark horse team for Brandon Clarke might be the Phoenix Suns at 6 if Garland is off the board and they decide to pass on Coby White. James Jones is looking to change the culture over there in Phoenix to be more defensive minded and Clarke might just be that guy. Especially since he actually wants to be there. Might bring some energy that team needs.

Man the GM that draft an undersized 4 with no offense at 6 should be fired before he could get the message to Silver
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#1440 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 am

Clarke's weight doesn't matter. He's already played against players weighing over 240 pounds.

Return to Miami Heat