ImageImageImage

Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END

Moderators: IggieCC, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, BFRESH44

User avatar
Maroko
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,538
And1: 11,183
Joined: Dec 22, 2012
Location: Paris
     

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1801 » by Maroko » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:30 am

8-)

Image
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,127
And1: 21,603
Joined: Oct 20, 2016
Location: Chalm Down Porch (in tent)
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1802 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:32 am

Dragic, it’s been a pleasure being a fan.
Banner holder in 2018.
ATL GT Banner Holder per Enso
Image
User avatar
Mos_Heat
General Manager
Posts: 7,749
And1: 33,999
Joined: Jan 12, 2016
Location: Meh
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1803 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:40 am

So Philla signed Horford and also wasted their room exception to Mike Scott, lol
:reporter:
User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 23,722
And1: 119,850
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1804 » by Chalm Down » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:44 am

Mos_Heat wrote:So Philla signed Horford and also wasted their room exception to Mike Scott, lol


Signing infinite # of bigs, not too different from the hinkie method tbh
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
somerandomdude
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 2,536
Joined: Mar 10, 2018
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1805 » by somerandomdude » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:51 am

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
El Alonzo scowl
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,510
And1: 2,581
Joined: Feb 19, 2010
Location: Wade County
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1806 » by El Alonzo scowl » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:01 am

NEW YORK WELCOME TO ANOTHER DECADE OF IRRELEVANCE!

GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN STUGOTZ GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 39,105
And1: 185,749
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Heat Nation
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1807 » by IggieCC » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:20 am

Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:k i'm done with you kawhi


whi?

i had to go buy groceries.

and ofc we got Jimmy while i was gone :x
Image
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 39,105
And1: 185,749
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Heat Nation
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1808 » by IggieCC » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:31 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Dragic, it’s been a pleasure being a fan.

Read on Twitter

:wavefinger:
Image
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 39,105
And1: 185,749
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Heat Nation
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1809 » by IggieCC » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:32 am

somerandomdude wrote:
Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Kawhi kind of has no choice but Lakers

no one to join up with at Clippers
Image
User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 23,722
And1: 119,850
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1810 » by Chalm Down » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:38 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:k i'm done with you kawhi


whi?

i had to go buy groceries.

and ofc we got Jimmy while i was gone :x


Lol

Makes sense tbh
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,127
And1: 21,603
Joined: Oct 20, 2016
Location: Chalm Down Porch (in tent)
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1811 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:01 am

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:Dragic, it’s been a pleasure being a fan.

Read on Twitter

:wavefinger:


What’s the problem? All I said was I’m a fan. I really like the guy, what can I say.
Banner holder in 2018.
ATL GT Banner Holder per Enso
Image
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,127
And1: 21,603
Joined: Oct 20, 2016
Location: Chalm Down Porch (in tent)
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1812 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:01 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
IggieCC wrote:k i'm done with you kawhi


whi?

i had to go buy groceries.

and ofc we got Jimmy while i was gone :x


You should buy groceries more often.
Banner holder in 2018.
ATL GT Banner Holder per Enso
Image
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 39,105
And1: 185,749
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Heat Nation
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1813 » by IggieCC » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:04 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
whi?

i had to go buy groceries.

and ofc we got Jimmy while i was gone :x


You should buy groceries more often.

only Sunday afternoon/evening :x

NBA should not start free agency on Sunday afternoon/evening people have lives :x
Image
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,127
And1: 21,603
Joined: Oct 20, 2016
Location: Chalm Down Porch (in tent)
 

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1814 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:06 am

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:i had to go buy groceries.

and ofc we got Jimmy while i was gone :x


You should buy groceries more often.

only Sunday afternoon/evening :x

NBA should not start free agency on Sunday afternoon/evening people have lives :x


Go live at the grocery store/Peli board. We were doing so well without you.
Banner holder in 2018.
ATL GT Banner Holder per Enso
Image
User avatar
Dr_Heat
RealGM
Posts: 17,577
And1: 83,483
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
Location: Bustelo coffee bar
         

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1815 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:38 am

Read on Twitter



Oof
Dr_Heat wrote:lifelong Tyler Herro fan checking in
User avatar
Dr_Heat
RealGM
Posts: 17,577
And1: 83,483
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
Location: Bustelo coffee bar
         

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1816 » by Dr_Heat » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:42 am

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat wrote:lifelong Tyler Herro fan checking in
GopherIt!
General Manager
Posts: 9,125
And1: 20,575
Joined: Oct 20, 2007
Location: OOF

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1817 » by GopherIt! » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:50 am

Not mad at Wolves GM Rosas fwiw. Apparently he had everything in place but Golden State came calling at 11th hour and DLo jumped at the opportunity.

Warriors screwed themselves bad. Traded a hi bbiq/great defensive player and now have worst defensive backcourt in the nba. DLo on a max is an overpay but it makes some sense IF he is going to be your primary ball handler which in GS of course he won’t be. He’s a terrible defender, subpar in catch n shoot and only an ok 3pt shooter. If he regresses, which is almost a guarantee in the Warriors system, the warriors will regret this decision.

Tpups can tank for one of the top pg’s next season. Dr_Heat (a lifelong wolves fan) will hold the fort for me and represent me in all things t-wolves related.
Doc is a clippers fan since birth.
Doc is a lakrs fan since birth.
Doc is a Tyler Herro fan since birth.
Doc is a Dwight Howard fan since birth.
Doc is a Rhianna fan since birth.
Doc is a fan of Goodboy’s lats since birth.
User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,667
And1: 5,599
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1818 » by JustiseForMiami » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:59 am

GopherIt! wrote:Not mad at Rosas fwiw. Apparently he had everything in place but Golden State came calling at 11th hour and DLo jumped at the opportunity.

Warriors screwed themselves bad. Traded a hi bbiq/great defensive player and now have worst defensive backcourt in the nba. DLo on a max is an overpay but it makes some sense IF he is going to be your primary ball handler which in GS of course he won’t be. He’s a terrible defender, subpar in catch n shoot and only an ok 3pt shooter. If he regresses, which is almost a guarantee in the Warriors system, the warriors will regret this decision.



i see it completely different. Iggy is likely gonna retire, and there were even talks about them moving him for a guy like Waiters.

The Warriors would have been over the cap with or without doing this deal. Without doing this deal, they had 0 options. Now, they have 2

1. DeAngelo works out well - One thing you were wrong on, he will likely be the primary ball handler. Curry will be running off screens in a Thompson role likely while Klay is coming back. When Klay does get back, you now have 2 shooters with a very good pick and roll guard.

2. The fit is awkward - at that point, you look to move DeAngelo for either another player or assets. He is 22 years old, coming off an all-star season. He has a ton of value. If by the trade deadline the fit is awkward, you could move him to a team that wants to make a push.


Neither of these options would be there if they didn't do this
Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute
GopherIt!
General Manager
Posts: 9,125
And1: 20,575
Joined: Oct 20, 2007
Location: OOF

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1819 » by GopherIt! » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:14 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:
i see it completely different. Iggy is likely gonna retire, and there were even talks about them moving him for a guy like Waiters.

The Warriors would have been over the cap with or without doing this deal. Without doing this deal, they had 0 options. Now, they have 2

1. DeAngelo works out well - One thing you were wrong on, he will likely be the primary ball handler. Curry will be running off screens in a Thompson role likely while Klay is coming back. When Klay does get back, you now have 2 shooters with a very good pick and roll guard.

2. The fit is awkward - at that point, you look to move DeAngelo for either another player or assets. He is 22 years old, coming off an all-star season. He has a ton of value. If by the trade deadline the fit is awkward, you could move him to a team that wants to make a push.

Neither of these options would be there if they didn't do this


I am aware of that but I don’t buy it tbh. a goat pg w 5 straight finals appearances is not suddenly going to change his game and live off the ball full time to accomodate DLo.

Their defense will be terrible. probably worst duo in league. old man iggy still better defender tbh.
Doc is a clippers fan since birth.
Doc is a lakrs fan since birth.
Doc is a Tyler Herro fan since birth.
Doc is a Dwight Howard fan since birth.
Doc is a Rhianna fan since birth.
Doc is a fan of Goodboy’s lats since birth.
User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,667
And1: 5,599
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: Around the NBA Vol. 3 - THE END 

Post#1820 » by JustiseForMiami » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:17 am

GopherIt! wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
i see it completely different. Iggy is likely gonna retire, and there were even talks about them moving him for a guy like Waiters.

The Warriors would have been over the cap with or without doing this deal. Without doing this deal, they had 0 options. Now, they have 2

1. DeAngelo works out well - One thing you were wrong on, he will likely be the primary ball handler. Curry will be running off screens in a Thompson role likely while Klay is coming back. When Klay does get back, you now have 2 shooters with a very good pick and roll guard.

2. The fit is awkward - at that point, you look to move DeAngelo for either another player or assets. He is 22 years old, coming off an all-star season. He has a ton of value. If by the trade deadline the fit is awkward, you could move him to a team that wants to make a push.

Neither of these options would be there if they didn't do this


I am aware of that but I don’t buy it tbh. a goat pg w 5 straight finals appearances is not suddenly going to change his game and live off the ball full time to accomodate DLo.

Their defense will be terrible. probably worst duo in league. old man iggy still better defender tbh.



Steph def doesn't handle the ball all game for 48 min for 82 games. Remember how ball dominant KD was?? They are replacing A LOT early in the season missing both him and Klay.

They couldn't get anyone other than using KD leaving as a S&T opportunity (other than the MLE) ... so this is definitely better than nothing




Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute

Return to Miami Heat