ImageImageImage

The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON.

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, BFRESH44

User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,626
And1: 5,485
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#21 » by JustiseForMiami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Fixing our salary cap mess was always going to be a multi-year project.

Acquiring a 25 yr old Steven Adams on a long term deal in exchange for Ryan Anderson and pieces is a very good move ...


you keep saying "and pieces"... what are these pieces?? that makes a very big difference.


Also, and not to run in circles here, but how does adding an extra $27M player at a position we already have a starter a "very good move"

To each their own though.

I like Adams, but not as a "cap clearer" and not on this team
Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#22 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Fixing our salary cap mess was always going to be a multi-year project.

Acquiring a 25 yr old Steven Adams on a long term deal in exchange for Ryan Anderson and pieces is a very good move ...


you keep saying "and pieces"... what are these pieces?? that makes a very big difference.


Also, and not to run in circles here, but how does adding an extra $27M player at a position we already have a starter a "very good move"

To each their own though.

I like Adams, but not as a "cap clearer" and not on this team


Whiteside asked for a trade and won't be with Miami next year.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#23 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:31 pm

BOOM.

Read on Twitter
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,626
And1: 5,485
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#24 » by JustiseForMiami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Fixing our salary cap mess was always going to be a multi-year project.

Acquiring a 25 yr old Steven Adams on a long term deal in exchange for Ryan Anderson and pieces is a very good move ...


you keep saying "and pieces"... what are these pieces?? that makes a very big difference.


Also, and not to run in circles here, but how does adding an extra $27M player at a position we already have a starter a "very good move"

To each their own though.

I like Adams, but not as a "cap clearer" and not on this team


Whiteside asked for a trade and won't be with Miami next year.


Right... he asked for a trade because we already have a starting center on our roster.




Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute
User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,626
And1: 5,485
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#25 » by JustiseForMiami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:BOOM.

Read on Twitter



Nice.. but again they are trying to get under the tax. How does keeping Ryan Anderson on the roster help them do that?


Ryan Anderson is valuable in a trade now, yes, because a team can save the 6M we would save by releasing him post-trade.

The only thing I was commenting on was that it makes zero sense to have Anderson on the roster into the season.




Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#26 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Ryan Anderson's expiring contract for Steven Adams.

or Dennis Schroeder + Andre Roberson.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
Flash4thewin
General Manager
Posts: 8,450
And1: 2,839
Joined: Jan 27, 2006

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#27 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Fixing our salary cap mess was always going to be a multi-year project.

Acquiring a 25 yr old Steven Adams on a long term deal in exchange for Ryan Anderson and pieces is a very good move ...


you keep saying "and pieces"... what are these pieces?? that makes a very big difference.


Also, and not to run in circles here, but how does adding an extra $27M player at a position we already have a starter a "very good move"

To each their own though.

I like Adams, but not as a "cap clearer" and not on this team


Whiteside asked for a trade and won't be with Miami next year.


Yeah his contract expires next year, and i dont see us offering him a contract since we have Bam.
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#28 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:39 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:BOOM.

Read on Twitter



Nice.. but again they are trying to get under the tax. How does keeping Ryan Anderson on the roster help them do that?


Ryan Anderson is valuable in a trade now, yes, because a team can save the 6M we would save by releasing him post-trade.

The only thing I was commenting on was that it makes zero sense to have Anderson on the roster into the season.


Because, as I said before, it's rolling the dice. It's taking a chance.

If OKC (or any other team... OKC was just my example that turned out to be true)..... if these teams fail to find a landing spot for these guys and is forced to pay the tax this year (very likely), then when February rolls around, we could offer them Ryan Anderson and he would give them relief for NEXT year. Meaning, they only have to wait a few more months for the season to end, and that salary is off the books next summer.

It's a gamble, but I would rather TAKE THAT GAMBLE and see if Ryan gets me anything, rather than just cutting ties with him and get nothing in return.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
General Manager
Posts: 8,785
And1: 13,011
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#29 » by contract » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:Isn't there an option 3 where we just release him and get 5-6M back? I choose that.


BFRESH44 wrote:If we don't include him a trade, Anderson is a virtual lock to be bought out, and the Heat are going to eat that 15.6 million dead cap charge portion of his guarantee.


I don't like this option.

I'd rather roll the dice and try to see if we can get anything for him at the Feb trade deadline. Either by improving his trade value on the court, or as an juicy expiring contract just months away from the offseason.

Anything we get back for him would be nice.

The only thing I want from him is cap space. It's the only thing you're going to get for him anyway. He's already been passed around the league twice. No one is paying for that anymore.
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#30 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 pm

contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:Isn't there an option 3 where we just release him and get 5-6M back? I choose that.


BFRESH44 wrote:If we don't include him a trade, Anderson is a virtual lock to be bought out, and the Heat are going to eat that 15.6 million dead cap charge portion of his guarantee.


I don't like this option.

I'd rather roll the dice and try to see if we can get anything for him at the Feb trade deadline. Either by improving his trade value on the court, or as an juicy expiring contract just months away from the offseason.

Anything we get back for him would be nice.

The only thing I want from him is cap space. It's the only thing you're going to get for him anyway. He's already been passed around the league twice. No one is paying for that anymore.


You wouldn't want to turn Ryan Anderson into Steven Adams? or some combo of Dennis Schroeder and Andre Roberson or something?

its a no brainer.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
General Manager
Posts: 8,785
And1: 13,011
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#31 » by contract » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Ryan Anderson's expiring contract for Steven Adams.

or Dennis Schroeder + Andre Roberson.

Even if that were possible ... why would you want to do that?
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#32 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 pm

contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Ryan Anderson's expiring contract for Steven Adams.

or Dennis Schroeder + Andre Roberson.

Even if that were possible ... why would you want to do that?


Turn non-assets into valuable assets. Long term thinking.

Adams is 25, can improve even further with our coaching, and on a long term contract.

etc...

this is how you fix a team, move by move.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,626
And1: 5,485
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#33 » by JustiseForMiami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:BOOM.

Read on Twitter



Nice.. but again they are trying to get under the tax. How does keeping Ryan Anderson on the roster help them do that?


Ryan Anderson is valuable in a trade now, yes, because a team can save the 6M we would save by releasing him post-trade.

The only thing I was commenting on was that it makes zero sense to have Anderson on the roster into the season.


Because, as I said before, it's rolling the dice. It's taking a chance.

If OKC (or any other team... OKC was just my example that turned out to be true)..... if these teams fail to find a landing spot for these guys and is forced to pay the tax this year (very likely), then when February rolls around, we could offer them Ryan Anderson and he would give them relief for NEXT year. Meaning, they only have to wait a few more months for the season to end, and that salary is off the books next summer.

It's a gamble, but I would rather TAKE THAT GAMBLE and see if Ryan gets me anything, rather than just cutting ties with him and get nothing in return.




He shot 22% in 10 games with us. Not willing to see if for 6M when that's more than half of the MLE that can be used on a useful player.

If we get something now for him, fine. There is zero reason we should spend 6M more than we have to in order to bring Ryan McRobderson back




Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#34 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:45 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

Nice.. but again they are trying to get under the tax. How does keeping Ryan Anderson on the roster help them do that?


Ryan Anderson is valuable in a trade now, yes, because a team can save the 6M we would save by releasing him post-trade.

The only thing I was commenting on was that it makes zero sense to have Anderson on the roster into the season.


Because, as I said before, it's rolling the dice. It's taking a chance.

If OKC (or any other team... OKC was just my example that turned out to be true)..... if these teams fail to find a landing spot for these guys and is forced to pay the tax this year (very likely), then when February rolls around, we could offer them Ryan Anderson and he would give them relief for NEXT year. Meaning, they only have to wait a few more months for the season to end, and that salary is off the books next summer.

It's a gamble, but I would rather TAKE THAT GAMBLE and see if Ryan gets me anything, rather than just cutting ties with him and get nothing in return.




He shot 22% in 10 games with us. Not willing to see if for 6M when that's more than half of the MLE that can be used on a useful player.

If we get something now for him, fine. There is zero reason we should spend 6M more than we have to in order to bring Ryan McRobderson back


Simple question.

Is that MLE player going to win us a championship and put us over the top?

Nope. So he's not useful to me.

Any move that isn't building assets towards the goal of building a championship contending team, is not useful to me, IMO.

MLE player that and we still suck <<<<<<< potentially flipping Ryan anderson into a Steven Adams
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,626
And1: 5,485
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#35 » by JustiseForMiami » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Ryan Anderson's expiring contract for Steven Adams.

or Dennis Schroeder + Andre Roberson.

Even if that were possible ... why would you want to do that?


Turn non-assets into valuable assets. Long term thinking.

Adams is 25, can improve even further with our coaching, and on a long term contract.

etc...

this is how you fix a team, move by move.



Are you Ryan?

He's 31 and over the last 3 years shot 30%, 31%, 22% from the field after being a SHOOTER ONLY player. Come on, man. Go look at his stats. Also he plays less than zero defense.

You want to save money?? We SAVE MONEY BY CUTTING HIM. No more "assets spent". We keep our assets. Get rid of a bad player. And MAKE MONEY. What am I not understanding?


EDIT: Gonna add this post in

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Simple question.

Is that MLE player going to win us a championship and put us over the top?

Nope. So he's not useful to me.

Any move that isn't building assets towards the goal of building a championship contending team, is not useful to me, IMO.



I don't understand the world I'm living in right now. It's a twilight zone. Ryan Anderson is BAD. Having a developmental player who is 20 years old is better than having a 31 year old shooter who has shot historically bad over the last few years.

How is Ryan Anderson more valuable than a player you could sign now (or keep for the future) with Ryan Anderson's money?




Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute
contract
General Manager
Posts: 8,785
And1: 13,011
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#36 » by contract » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Ryan Anderson's expiring contract for Steven Adams.

or Dennis Schroeder + Andre Roberson.

Even if that were possible ... why would you want to do that?


Turn non-assets into valuable assets. Long term thinking.

Adams is 25, can improve even further with our coaching, and on a long term contract.

etc...

this is how you fix a team, move by move.

You're just turning a 1 year albatross into a 2 year albatross. Adams is a nice player, but I don't think anyone is beating down any doors to pay him $26 million. We don't need any more sub-star level players. We sure as heck don't need them on multi-year contracts.
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#37 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:I don't understand the world I'm living in right now. It's a twilight zone. Ryan Anderson is BAD. Having a developmental player who is 20 years old is better than having a 31 year old shooter who has shot historically bad over the last few years.


Quit acting emotional. I don't want Ryan anderson. I want Steven Adams or some other good combo.

MLE player and we still suck <<<<<<< potentially flipping Ryan anderson into a Steven Adams



Get on topic.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#38 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 pm

contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
contract wrote:Even if that were possible ... why would you want to do that?


Turn non-assets into valuable assets. Long term thinking.

Adams is 25, can improve even further with our coaching, and on a long term contract.

etc...

this is how you fix a team, move by move.

You're just turning a 1 year albatross into a 2 year albatross. Adams is a nice player, but I don't think anyone is beating down any doors to pay him $26 million. We don't need any more sub-star level players. We sure as heck don't need them on multi-year contracts.


You're underrating Steven Adams.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
General Manager
Posts: 8,785
And1: 13,011
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#39 » by contract » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Turn non-assets into valuable assets. Long term thinking.

Adams is 25, can improve even further with our coaching, and on a long term contract.

etc...

this is how you fix a team, move by move.

You're just turning a 1 year albatross into a 2 year albatross. Adams is a nice player, but I don't think anyone is beating down any doors to pay him $26 million. We don't need any more sub-star level players. We sure as heck don't need them on multi-year contracts.


You're underrating Steven Adams.

Adams is no better than Whiteside ... and we're trying to give him away.
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
Grumpy Heat Fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 2,838
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
     

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#40 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm

contract wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
contract wrote:You're just turning a 1 year albatross into a 2 year albatross. Adams is a nice player, but I don't think anyone is beating down any doors to pay him $26 million. We don't need any more sub-star level players. We sure as heck don't need them on multi-year contracts.


You're underrating Steven Adams.

Adams is no better than Whiteside ... and we're trying to give him away.


You can't be serious!

and how do you feel about a Dennis Schroeder + Andre Roberson package?
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016

Return to Miami Heat