ImageImageImage

2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, BFRESH44

User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 23,206
And1: 117,940
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1141 » by Chalm Down » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:01 pm

delanka wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
delanka wrote:
Why?


y not

IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
Image

reported to mod IggieCC


I like ur avi
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 15,118
And1: 10,225
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1142 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:20 pm

In all seriousness if Winslow (5th year) and Bam (3rd year) cannot excel with a backcourt of Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler, that would be a huge indication they are not star materials.
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 38,349
And1: 182,097
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Heat Nation
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1143 » by IggieCC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:06 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
delanka wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
y not

IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
Image

reported to mod IggieCC


I like ur avi

thanks
Image
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 38,349
And1: 182,097
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Heat Nation
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1144 » by IggieCC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:07 pm

twix2500 wrote:In all seriousness if Winslow (5th year) and Bam (3rd year) cannot excel with a backcourt of Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler, that would be a huge indication they are not star materials.

we got cp3!?
Image
User avatar
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 15,118
And1: 10,225
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1145 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 pm

IggieCC wrote:
twix2500 wrote:In all seriousness if Winslow (5th year) and Bam (3rd year) cannot excel with a backcourt of Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler, that would be a huge indication they are not star materials.

we got cp3!?


No, I posted in the wrong thread :lol:
User avatar
Sgt P
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,482
And1: 2,396
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1146 » by Sgt P » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:14 pm

twix2500 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
twix2500 wrote:In all seriousness if Winslow (5th year) and Bam (3rd year) cannot excel with a backcourt of Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler, that would be a huge indication they are not star materials.

we got cp3!?


No, I posted in the wrong thread :lol:

Smh...stop cotributing to fake news :lol:
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 38,349
And1: 182,097
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Heat Nation
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1147 » by IggieCC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Sgt P wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:we got cp3!?


No, I posted in the wrong thread :lol:

Smh...stop cotributing to fake news :lol:

Image
Image
User avatar
Sgt P
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,482
And1: 2,396
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1148 » by Sgt P » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:14 am

IggieCC wrote:
Sgt P wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
No, I posted in the wrong thread :lol:

Smh...stop cotributing to fake news :lol:

Image


On this note a propose using font for rumors / fake news
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,039
And1: 22,212
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1149 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Sgt P wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Sgt P wrote:Smh...stop cotributing to fake news :lol:

Image


On this note a propose using font for rumors / fake news


I SUGGEST LARGE SIZED FONTS
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
Heat3
RealGM
Posts: 17,116
And1: 8,694
Joined: May 26, 2006
Location: Where all the children are above average.
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1150 » by Heat3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:14 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Sgt P wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Image


On this note a propose using font for rumors / fake news


I SUGGEST LARGE SIZED FONTS


How about no fake news at all :nod:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Image
User avatar
Maroko
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,495
And1: 10,991
Joined: Dec 22, 2012
Location: Paris
     

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1151 » by Maroko » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Trade him asap!!!

Read on Twitter
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,308
And1: 42,597
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Lottery land
       

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1152 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:11 am

Image

R.I.P. magnumt....
abark
Analyst
Posts: 3,427
And1: 1,525
Joined: May 21, 2003
Location: Miami
   

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1153 » by abark » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:31 am

twix2500 wrote:In all seriousness if Winslow (5th year) and Bam (3rd year) cannot excel with a backcourt of Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler, that would be a huge indication they are not star materials.

Justise likely isn't star material. I'm happy if he's a very solid starter on a great contract. And ironically, I think his only chance to be a star is if he gets to continue developing as a PG.

Bam is 21. I do think he has some star potential, but you can't expect that in his 3rd year, and first as a starter.

I simply think it's a very poor bet to take on Chris Paul in the hopes that our young guys are ready to produce at the level needed to make this team truly relevant this year.

We have a 19, 21, and 23 year old whose progression timelines just do not match up with a rapidly declining CP. As they slowly get better, he will quickly get worse.

If that third year of a 37 year old CP didn't eliminate us from 2021 free agency I might be on board. But it does.

So unless we get a significant return for taking that albatross contract we should just move on from the idea of adding him.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 25,951
And1: 86,466
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1154 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:24 pm

What are the predicted numbers in relation to Bam's Star status/potential?
User avatar
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
Posts: 7,874
And1: 1,642
Joined: Jul 19, 2003
   

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1155 » by MartyConlonJr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Bishop45 wrote:What are the predicted numbers in relation to Bam's Star status/potential?


Bam was per36 last year of (23.3 mins played):
13.7 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.2 bpg

Post All-star it was a per36 of (26 mins played):
15.5 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.2 bpg

As a starter it was a per36 of (28.2 mins played):
15.1 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.4 bpg

I think with Whiteside gone, his minutes will creep towards 36, he was seeing 28 plus as a starter previously and Whiteside was still getting 20 or so. Leonard won't see that many. Maybe 32-33 is reasonable for Bam. Given he should improve, I expect numbers that look like his per36 to happen over 33 or so mins.

So at least 15 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5-4 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg. I expect he might be given more looks, so maybe the assists come down a little and the scoring up, especially with a couple new guys that seem to have a better feel for lobs could look more like 18 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg

Those numbers seem amazing which makes me feel like a homer but they just aren't that much different to his production last year extrapolated across mins
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 25,951
And1: 86,466
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1156 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:37 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:What are the predicted numbers in relation to Bam's Star status/potential?


Bam was per36 last year of (23.3 mins played):
13.7 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.2 bpg

Post All-star it was a per36 of (26 mins played):
15.5 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.2 bpg

As a starter it was a per36 of (28.2 mins played):
15.1 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.4 bpg

I think with Whiteside gone, his minutes will creep towards 36, he was seeing 28 plus as a starter previously and Whiteside was still getting 20 or so. Leonard won't see that many. Maybe 32-33 is reasonable for Bam. Given he should improve, I expect numbers that look like his per36 to happen over 33 or so mins.

So at least 15 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5-4 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg. I expect he might be given more looks, so maybe the assists come down a little and the scoring up, especially with a couple new guys that seem to have a better feel for lobs could look more like 18 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg

Those numbers seem amazing which makes me feel like a homer but they just aren't that much different to his production last year extrapolated across mins


With an increase in lobs, 18/11/3/2/2, hmnn. I see it
User avatar
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
Posts: 7,874
And1: 1,642
Joined: Jul 19, 2003
   

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1157 » by MartyConlonJr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:What are the predicted numbers in relation to Bam's Star status/potential?


Bam was per36 last year of (23.3 mins played):
13.7 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.2 bpg

Post All-star it was a per36 of (26 mins played):
15.5 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.2 bpg

As a starter it was a per36 of (28.2 mins played):
15.1 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.4 bpg

I think with Whiteside gone, his minutes will creep towards 36, he was seeing 28 plus as a starter previously and Whiteside was still getting 20 or so. Leonard won't see that many. Maybe 32-33 is reasonable for Bam. Given he should improve, I expect numbers that look like his per36 to happen over 33 or so mins.

So at least 15 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5-4 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg. I expect he might be given more looks, so maybe the assists come down a little and the scoring up, especially with a couple new guys that seem to have a better feel for lobs could look more like 18 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg

Those numbers seem amazing which makes me feel like a homer but they just aren't that much different to his production last year extrapolated across mins


With an increase in lobs, 18/11/3/2/2, hmnn. I see it


I'd love him to get to 2 blocks and 2 steals. That's Kirilenko/Marion/G Wallace type havoc. Doesn't seem like a crazy shotblocker but does have the athleticism and size. I suppose Dwight Howard started off pretty meh on shotblocking his first couple before leading the league for a while. They have some similarities
abark
Analyst
Posts: 3,427
And1: 1,525
Joined: May 21, 2003
Location: Miami
   

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1158 » by abark » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:00 am

Bishop45 wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:What are the predicted numbers in relation to Bam's Star status/potential?


Bam was per36 last year of (23.3 mins played):
13.7 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.2 bpg

Post All-star it was a per36 of (26 mins played):
15.5 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.2 bpg

As a starter it was a per36 of (28.2 mins played):
15.1 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.4 bpg

I think with Whiteside gone, his minutes will creep towards 36, he was seeing 28 plus as a starter previously and Whiteside was still getting 20 or so. Leonard won't see that many. Maybe 32-33 is reasonable for Bam. Given he should improve, I expect numbers that look like his per36 to happen over 33 or so mins.

So at least 15 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5-4 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg. I expect he might be given more looks, so maybe the assists come down a little and the scoring up, especially with a couple new guys that seem to have a better feel for lobs could look more like 18 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg

Those numbers seem amazing which makes me feel like a homer but they just aren't that much different to his production last year extrapolated across mins


With an increase in lobs, 18/11/3/2/2, hmnn. I see it

There's a big difference between being a 1.5/1.5 guy and a 2/2. And considering the league leaders at center play around 33 mpg, he won't be playing 36.

So based on his per36 numbers, I don't see him averaging a full 3 combined steals and blocks (still very close to it). But that's not a knock. Even Draymond Green has only done that once in his career.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 25,951
And1: 86,466
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1159 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:01 pm

abark wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:
Bam was per36 last year of (23.3 mins played):
13.7 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.2 bpg

Post All-star it was a per36 of (26 mins played):
15.5 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.2 bpg

As a starter it was a per36 of (28.2 mins played):
15.1 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.4 bpg

I think with Whiteside gone, his minutes will creep towards 36, he was seeing 28 plus as a starter previously and Whiteside was still getting 20 or so. Leonard won't see that many. Maybe 32-33 is reasonable for Bam. Given he should improve, I expect numbers that look like his per36 to happen over 33 or so mins.

So at least 15 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5-4 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg. I expect he might be given more looks, so maybe the assists come down a little and the scoring up, especially with a couple new guys that seem to have a better feel for lobs could look more like 18 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg and maybe 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg

Those numbers seem amazing which makes me feel like a homer but they just aren't that much different to his production last year extrapolated across mins


With an increase in lobs, 18/11/3/2/2, hmnn. I see it

There's a big difference between being a 1.5/1.5 guy and a 2/2. And considering the league leaders at center play around 33 mpg, he won't be playing 36.

So based on his per36 numbers, I don't see him averaging a full 3 combined steals and blocks (still very close to it). But that's not a knock. Even Draymond Green has only done that once in his career.


I was rounding from 1.5 to 2. Don't think he'll be playing 36 mins either. Not completely convinced he will get to similar impact as Gobert/Capela. but if that's what we mean by 'star' or 'All-star' I could see him having similar numbers to them(16/11) with 33+ mins(Don't think he's the same kind of rebounder/rim-protector as those two tho)

Just wanted to make sure we weren't talking about the Embiid/Jokic level of star
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 25,951
And1: 86,466
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 2.0 - I can be your Herro baby 

Post#1160 » by Bishop45 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 pm

Not our rank, but interesting

Return to Miami Heat