ImageImageImage

2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team

Moderators: BFRESH44, IggieCC, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

User avatar
Spacely
Pro Prospect
Posts: 967
And1: 1,804
Joined: Nov 05, 2016
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1321 » by Spacely » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 am

I bet KZ wanted to play so bad
User avatar
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,555
And1: 13,492
Joined: Apr 30, 2011
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1322 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:know it was over, but smh to Maten for not even trying to shoot the full courter.

He needs to go.

Clearly out of place, not a Heat culture guy


I don't like him, too soft. Bad hands. He isn't anything special, we see dudes like this every year
User avatar
fishfuego.
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,662
And1: 3,112
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1323 » by fishfuego. » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 am

Nunn is a keeper. Obviously Tyler.
I don’t want to see the likes of Duncan on this team.
Everyone else blah...
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 27,007
And1: 89,775
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1324 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 am

Tchuuuuuuuuicrps
User avatar
Spacely
Pro Prospect
Posts: 967
And1: 1,804
Joined: Nov 05, 2016
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1325 » by Spacely » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:faye didn't even play in 2nd half


SMh positive we would’ve won if he played
User avatar
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,555
And1: 13,492
Joined: Apr 30, 2011
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1326 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 am

Faye didn't play in the 2nd half and it felt like Maten played the whole time. I wonder if they wanted to see if he is worth signing. Answer : NOPE. He got owned by bigs who were more aggressive.

ah well, Nunn still been that dude tho sheesh!
User avatar
Spacely
Pro Prospect
Posts: 967
And1: 1,804
Joined: Nov 05, 2016
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1327 » by Spacely » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 am

Is Herro FG% above 39% now? Tired of the casuals complaining about field goal percentage like they are actually watching the games.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 27,007
And1: 89,775
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1328 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:52 am

Wiltside wrote:That was such a Spo play call


PTSD, imagine Spo trying to close with WB

The universe cannot let that happen
User avatar
Spacely
Pro Prospect
Posts: 967
And1: 1,804
Joined: Nov 05, 2016
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1329 » by Spacely » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:54 am

If Duncan Robinson didn’t shoot 4-15 this would have been an easy dub. I don’t know what got into him today but he was literally just pulling shots, probably heard one of them was getting cut and tried to force the issue.
User avatar
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,555
And1: 13,492
Joined: Apr 30, 2011
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1330 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 am

Spacely wrote:If Duncan Robinson didn’t shoot 4-15 this would have been an easy dub. I don’t know what got into him today but he was literally just pulling shots, probably heard one of them was getting cut and tried to force the issue.


They were all off to me. Idk if it's because Riley is watching them. I thought he was there for the last game.

Nunn played well yes but he had some weird slip ups, Tyler and Duncan couldn't buy a shot, TOO much Maten.

I hope they learn something from this
User avatar
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,555
And1: 13,492
Joined: Apr 30, 2011
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1331 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:That was such a Spo play call


PTSD, imagine Spo trying to close with WB

The universe cannot let that happen


LMAO, they wouldn't listen to him.
User avatar
fishfuego.
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,662
And1: 3,112
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1332 » by fishfuego. » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:00 am

Nunn is a little bulldog, I like his game.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 27,007
And1: 89,775
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1333 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:00 am

Spacely wrote:Is Herro FG% above 39% now? Tired of the casuals complaining about field goal percentage like they are actually watching the games.


I'm watching the games, 39% isn't an indictment, but his finishing and handle hasn't portended to flash the player we've been lionizing him as

At least that y'all have been lionizing him as

Impressive passes and transition plays tho tbch
User avatar
Spacely
Pro Prospect
Posts: 967
And1: 1,804
Joined: Nov 05, 2016
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1334 » by Spacely » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:07 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Spacely wrote:Is Herro FG% above 39% now? Tired of the casuals complaining about field goal percentage like they are actually watching the games.


I'm watching the games, 39% isn't an indictment, but his finishing and handle hasn't portended to flash the player we've been lionizing him as

At least that y'all have been lionizing him as

Impressive passes and transition plays tho tbch


I agree to this, his finishing has some work and his handle is just “ok” for me. A lot better than someone like Winslow though. He won’t have a step on nba players and I’m not sure he can get past with dribble moves but I definitely feel he can be crafty. His on ball defense is also suspect tho, but I think he’s pretty decent with off ball defense, he can read passes and gets steals quite a lot.

Being good in transition and having good court vision, willing passer and good passer are great signs for a rookie though.
User avatar
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,555
And1: 13,492
Joined: Apr 30, 2011
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1335 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:09 am

fishfuego. wrote:Nunn is a little bulldog, I like his game.


I wasn't too sure of him but he is a Heat type player for sure. And he can score! Usually these types of people are good at defense and no offense.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 27,007
And1: 89,775
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1336 » by Bishop45 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 am

Spacely wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Spacely wrote:Is Herro FG% above 39% now? Tired of the casuals complaining about field goal percentage like they are actually watching the games.


I'm watching the games, 39% isn't an indictment, but his finishing and handle hasn't portended to flash the player we've been lionizing him as

At least that y'all have been lionizing him as

Impressive passes and transition plays tho tbch


I agree to this, his finishing has some work and his handle is just “ok” for me. A lot better than someone like Winslow though. He won’t have a step on nba players and I’m not sure he can get past with dribble moves but I definitely feel he can be crafty. His on ball defense is also suspect tho, but I think he’s pretty decent with off ball defense, he can read passes and gets steals quite a lot.

Being good in transition and having good court vision, willing passer and good passer are great signs for a rookie though.


I don't think it's hopeless, but I don't think it's better than Winslow's. Winslow's isn't great but it's always been low and controlled

Feel like Herro's whip is somewhere between TJ/Rich
User avatar
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 6,844
And1: 714
Joined: Jul 01, 2003
Location: E.E.U.U.
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1337 » by unowen85 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:20 am

Would Herro go first overall if they had to redo the draft?
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
User avatar
dean456
Rookie
Posts: 1,218
And1: 1,931
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1338 » by dean456 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:30 am

Spacely wrote:Is Herro FG% above 39% now? Tired of the casuals complaining about field goal percentage like they are actually watching the games.


He's right on 40% now
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,147
And1: 45,172
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Lottery land
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1339 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:36 am

unowen85 wrote:Would Herro go first overall if they had to redo the draft?


The only lottery pick they've had the past two decades who wouldn't go higher in a redraft is Beasley.
Image

R.I.P. magnumt....
User avatar
JustiseForMiami
Veteran
Posts: 2,683
And1: 5,631
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1340 » by JustiseForMiami » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:37 am

unowen85 wrote:Would Herro go first overall if they had to redo the draft?


That's GB thread worthy
Read on Twitter

Wiltside wrote:Can confirm Tyler Herro is, indeed, a bucket.

Chalm Downs wrote:Me too cute

Return to Miami Heat