ImageImageImage

2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, BFRESH44

User avatar
pelifan
RealGM
Posts: 14,236
And1: 21,675
Joined: Aug 12, 2014
Location: Small market
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1421 » by pelifan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:52 am

Niki AW,

I keep telling yall people

Lotta those turnovers woulda been assists if mans had hands
Image
Feel_the_Heat15
Analyst
Posts: 3,192
And1: 2,817
Joined: Jun 22, 2015
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1422 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:08 am

twix2500 wrote:Victory is no one coming out of summer league hurt


Chris Silva got hurt.
User avatar
fishfuego.
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,417
And1: 2,865
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1423 » by fishfuego. » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am

D_Now wrote:Duncan heard yall talking **** earlier :lol:

Well I only saw the first half and he was pretty chittie. I still think he is a 3rd stringer. Maybe not a scrub scrub but pretty ordinary and nothing special. Not a Tyler Herro by any means.
User avatar
fishfuego.
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,417
And1: 2,865
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1424 » by fishfuego. » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:38 am

We friggin tend to overrate our players. Nothing new.
User avatar
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,554
And1: 13,488
Joined: Apr 30, 2011
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1425 » by DefenseWins » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:59 am

I forgot about this game. No Herro or Nunn? In an elimination game right? da hell, we gave them rest? WUT?

oh well atleast we know Herro, Nunn, Duncan got spots on the roster. KZ we never saw... Maten gonna get cut, too soft.
Grape
Pro Prospect
Posts: 898
And1: 1,149
Joined: Apr 02, 2018
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1426 » by Grape » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:49 am

fishfuego. wrote:
D_Now wrote:Duncan heard yall talking **** earlier :lol:

Well I only saw the first half and he was pretty chittie. I still think he is a 3rd stringer. Maybe not a scrub scrub but pretty ordinary and nothing special. Not a Tyler Herro by any means.


Try again. You said Duncan is as inconsistent as it gets in your previous post. Judging by his first year and this Summer League, your comment is as wrong as it gets.

He has been ridiculously consistent with one 4/15 game in between. His G-League percentages last year were absolutely ridiculous especially considering the types of shots he was taking.

No one has ever argued that he's anything special. He was a DIII player a few years ago. There are DI schools that literally never have players in the NBA and this dude went from DIII to the NBA. This is basically unheard of in the modern NBA. Saying he's a 3rd stringer is not necessarily a bad thing, especially to a guy with Robinson's history.

I don't think people are overrating what Robinson can do, I think you might be underrating him, perhaps you just happened to have seen Robinson's bad games by chance?
User avatar
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 39,554
And1: 13,488
Joined: Apr 30, 2011
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1427 » by DefenseWins » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:57 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Victory is no one coming out of summer league hurt


Chris Silva got hurt.


No one who will make the roster #shade
User avatar
fishfuego.
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,417
And1: 2,865
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1428 » by fishfuego. » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:47 am

Grape wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
D_Now wrote:Duncan heard yall talking **** earlier :lol:

Well I only saw the first half and he was pretty chittie. I still think he is a 3rd stringer. Maybe not a scrub scrub but pretty ordinary and nothing special. Not a Tyler Herro by any means.


Try again. You said Duncan is as inconsistent as it gets in your previous post. Judging by his first year and this Summer League, your comment is as wrong as it gets.

He has been ridiculously consistent with one 4/15 game in between. His G-League percentages last year were absolutely ridiculous especially considering the types of shots he was taking.

No one has ever argued that he's anything special. He was a DIII player a few years ago. There are DI schools that literally never have players in the NBA and this dude went from DIII to the NBA. This is basically unheard of in the modern NBA. Saying he's a 3rd stringer is not necessarily a bad thing, especially to a guy with Robinson's history.

I don't think people are overrating what Robinson can do, I think you might be underrating him, perhaps you just happened to have seen Robinson's bad games by chance?


You may be right. I only saw him at the NBA level, and he’s always inconsistent as heck while running without a head on D after players, yes like the chicken thing.

I feel there are better players that can fill the team spots. Ok so he is a great story, but I rather have the type of players I feel will be impacting at the NBA level such as Nunn.
The great story material thing does nothing for competition IMO.
Sorry, I just don’t see his NBA value.

Edit: If he is retained I just hope he becomes an all star.
User avatar
Myam333
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,922
And1: 4,822
Joined: Aug 01, 2009
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1429 » by Myam333 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:43 am



I guess Ellington doesn't have NBA value. I can easily see Duncan playing this role. He's been running off screens and pulling up from handoffs all throughout his tenure with the g league as well as in this summer league. He'll be fine.
IGBOImageImage Image YORUBA
User avatar
Myam333
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,922
And1: 4,822
Joined: Aug 01, 2009
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1430 » by Myam333 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Jarrett Culver won't play a single game in SL also. Just like Okpala couldn't practice with his team till July 6th.

Culver must suck.

Surprised he didn't drop to us.
IGBOImageImage Image YORUBA
User avatar
County of Wade
Pro Prospect
Posts: 938
And1: 2,843
Joined: Dec 28, 2006
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1431 » by County of Wade » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 am

DefenseWins wrote:I forgot about this game. No Herro or Nunn? In an elimination game right? da hell, we gave them rest? WUT?

Blame the summer league schedule of having no off days between the quarter final, semis and finals. They're just asking for someone to get injured playing 3 days in a row.
User avatar
SlowPaced
RealGM
Posts: 12,619
And1: 17,217
Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Location: An Inconvenient Place
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1432 » by SlowPaced » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:14 pm

pelifan wrote:Niki AW,

I keep telling yall people

Lotta those turnovers woulda been assists if mans had hands


Don't need to tell me fam, been on the NAW hype train the entire year.

Still sticking to what I said months ago, I got the same vibes from him that I did from Donovan Mitchell when he was considered a late first/early second. Supposed solid role player prospect who actually has star potential. Him landing on Pels does throw a monkey wrench at it though, they have a lot of depth at the guards. Mitchell got the starting gig straight away, so it probably won't play out the same way.

We got a great fit and a good prospect in Herro so we're okay, but the Magic are absolute morons for passing on him and drafting another defensive combo forward. He'd fit them so well. Really wanted him to land there.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 25,951
And1: 86,466
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1433 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Was a much bigger proponent of Ponds than Carsens, but that boi was hoopin'. Hopefully Ponds is still on the market for a trip to Sioux

Read on Twitter


User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,308
And1: 42,597
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Lottery land
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1434 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:23 pm

SlowPaced wrote:
pelifan wrote:Niki AW,

I keep telling yall people

Lotta those turnovers woulda been assists if mans had hands


Don't need to tell me fam, been on the NAW hype train the entire year.

Still sticking to what I said months ago, I got the same vibes from him that I did from Donovan Mitchell when he was considered a late first/early second. Supposed solid role player prospect who actually has star potential. Him landing on Pels does throw a monkey wrench at it though, they have a lot of depth at the guards. Mitchell got the starting gig straight away, so it probably won't play out the same way.

We got a great fit and a good prospect in Herro so we're okay, but the Magic are absolute morons for passing on him and drafting another defensive combo forward. He'd fit them so well. Really wanted him to land there.


What are your thoughts on Jacqueson (sp?) Hayes? I wasn't head over heals for him at all as a lottery pick. Seemed like a nice athlete for a big who could finish.
Image

R.I.P. magnumt....
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,308
And1: 42,597
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Lottery land
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1435 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Was a much bigger proponent of Ponds than Carsens, but that boi was hoopin'. Hopefully Ponds is still on the market for a trip to Sioux

Read on Twitter




I've got something similar written on my shoelaces. Hard to read as I get older though. Might have to start wearing a wrist band.
Image

R.I.P. magnumt....
User avatar
SlowPaced
RealGM
Posts: 12,619
And1: 17,217
Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Location: An Inconvenient Place
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1436 » by SlowPaced » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:30 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:
pelifan wrote:Niki AW,

I keep telling yall people

Lotta those turnovers woulda been assists if mans had hands


Don't need to tell me fam, been on the NAW hype train the entire year.

Still sticking to what I said months ago, I got the same vibes from him that I did from Donovan Mitchell when he was considered a late first/early second. Supposed solid role player prospect who actually has star potential. Him landing on Pels does throw a monkey wrench at it though, they have a lot of depth at the guards. Mitchell got the starting gig straight away, so it probably won't play out the same way.

We got a great fit and a good prospect in Herro so we're okay, but the Magic are absolute morons for passing on him and drafting another defensive combo forward. He'd fit them so well. Really wanted him to land there.


What are your thoughts on Jacqueson (sp?) Hayes? I wasn't head over heals for him at all as a lottery pick. Seemed like a nice athlete for a big who could finish.


It was a no-brainer for the Pels, they needed a lengthy, rim protecting big next to Zion.

Hayes is a Jarrett Allen type, more explosive but probably needs more time with his defensive awareness. He seems to be working on his outside shot, which is a good idea. I liked the pick personally, guys like him seem to do well these days.
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,308
And1: 42,597
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Lottery land
       

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1437 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:44 pm

SlowPaced wrote:It was a no-brainer for the Pels, they needed a lengthy, rim protecting big next to Zion.

Hayes is a Jarrett Allen type, more explosive but probably needs more time with his defensive awareness. He seems to be working on his outside shot, which is a good idea. I liked the pick personally, guys like him seem to do well these days.


He and Zion are going to break the rim, that's for sure. If NAW pans out, along with those two, then they're on their way to an amazing start to their rebuild.

With Ingram and Lonzo acquired this offseason, it's like they've already got their future starting lineup built.
Image

R.I.P. magnumt....
User avatar
SlowPaced
RealGM
Posts: 12,619
And1: 17,217
Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Location: An Inconvenient Place
   

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1438 » by SlowPaced » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:46 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:It was a no-brainer for the Pels, they needed a lengthy, rim protecting big next to Zion.

Hayes is a Jarrett Allen type, more explosive but probably needs more time with his defensive awareness. He seems to be working on his outside shot, which is a good idea. I liked the pick personally, guys like him seem to do well these days.


He and Zion are going to break the rim, that's for sure. If NAW pans out, along with those two, then they're on their way to an amazing start to their rebuild.

With Ingram and Lonzo acquired this offseason, it's like they've already got their future starting lineup built.


Yep, love what David Griffin and Trajan Langdon have done so far. One of the best draft days for a team ever imo.

Their potential hinges on their young guys improving their outside shots.
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 25,951
And1: 86,466
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1439 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:49 pm

I still think they picked Jaxson Hayes way too high, although he's a decent prospect
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,039
And1: 22,212
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1440 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:15 pm

fishfuego. wrote:Lol again Robinson is a scrub. Dude is as inconsistent as it gets.


26 POINTS
8 BOARDS
3 ASISTS
3 STEALS






Image
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat