ImageImageImage

2019 Offseason thread, Vol.: Y won't you talk to me?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Re: 2019 Offseason thread, Vol.: Y won't you talk to me? 

Post#1741 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:30 pm

Lilseb93 wrote:This is going to be a fun forum if we get Westbrook lol.

Oh gawd, it will be a hair pulling 3 years :lol:
100x worse than whiteside
The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Post#1742 » by The Bunk » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:30 pm

twix2500 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
I dont mind egos, if they knew how to play. In order for Westbrook to work, he has to be moved to shooting guard. Heat has to find a defensive stretch point guard (I do not think there is one available). A Eric Snow to Iverson type of situation. He has to play defense every night. He has to be cure of the Josh Richardson tripping over himself disease.

So like a... Justise Winslow?

If Westbrook is gotten cheaply maybe. Cheap like how the Heat got Antoine Walker

They're okay with packaging Winslow, Bam, Herro, and picks.

But just one of those assets is "too much" for Bradley Beal.

:lol:
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#1743 » by Heat3 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:30 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:You're not seeing the big picture. Highest I'd go is Dragic, Olynyk, DJJ, expriring, and whatever pick we have left to trade. Gutting the team for Westbrook doesn't make us a championship contender, you're just in love with his name and statline. Westbrook led teams don't actually do chit when it matters, you need a real squad.

No. I’m seeing the big picture because I know our young players won’t amount to anything. They aren’t a real squad.

You’re like every other heat fan that kept pining for Caron Butler and Odom after we traded for Shaq.

Like I said you are just in love with a name. Same clowns that didn't want Jimmy because of his age now all of a sudden want us to empty the cupboard for an even older player. Let me restate, I'm not opposed to the idea of Westbrook. But I'm not giving up every player on the roster under age 24 for him. That's stupidity.

We already have Butler. It is no longer a choice of keeping young guys instead of Butler. He is here. The question is why do want to build for some mythical future when we’re already tied to a 30yr old Butler? That is just dumb!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#1744 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:31 pm

The Bunk wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

If Westbrook is gotten cheaply maybe. Cheap like how the Heat got Antoine Walker

He's okay with packaging Winslow, Bam, Herro, and picks.

Hell to the no. Beal and Butler are better players than Westbrook
islandHEAT
Senior
And1: 1,908

Post#1745 » by islandHEAT » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:31 pm

contract wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:I'm in favor of standing pat. I don't think there's a player that would push us over the edge that we can get without gutting our young core. Wait it out, look for opportunities for a trade in the summer of 2020.

Forget the young core. Once we traded for Butler, we committed to his timeline. He's already 30. He doesn't have many prime years left. We need to surround him with talent now, not 2 years from now. Whoever has to go, has to go.

150% this and we all know that the FO is thinking the same.

Pat def will go for Westbrook, personally I hope there is another way. Westbrook alongside Jimmy makes us a really good team but Westbrook in all these years hasn't yet proven to be an asset on a contender. Wonder whats Jimmys thoughts are on this.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#1746 » by DefenseWins » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:32 pm

Paul George and Westbrook for Pascal and Raptors say no (barring other pieces but that is what reportedly shot down the deal). When you put things into perspective, us saying no to Westbrook for Winslow/Bam maybe Dragic/Dion too, may seem like its silly for us to not do it.

I love our young guys, we did trade Odom/Butler for Shaq and Odom turned out to be a big piece for Lakers during their title runs 3-6 years later... but we got our title witin the 2nd year of that trade.

Riley wants more before he retires, he has waited long enough with these “panic” deals. I love, absolutlely love our young guys, but its quite possible when given the opportunity, Riley could throw the sink for Westbrook. COULD.

Lakers I believe do have space, Knicks have Barret and space. Lets see what develops.

Getting Westbrook is better than the whole Wall/Beal thing. Accepting Wall with his garbage contract just to get Beal will choke us for years. Again, Riley ain’t got time fah dat. Westbrook is also unhappy, Beal may not be unhappy.
The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Post#1747 » by The Bunk » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:33 pm

twix2500 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Agreed. And they actually fit well together.

Jimmy/Westbrick is a nightmare pairing in terms of spacing. I don't know where the "we already have shooters" notion comes from either.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1748 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:36 pm

Thunder are desperate to trade for goatbrook now that it’s revealed they wanted to trade him to the raptors and they said no. We won’t have to gut this young core up.
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#1749 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:38 pm

Nevermind Woj just said this :

Read on Twitter
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#1750 » by Heat3 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:39 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Thunder are desperate to trade for goatbrook now that it’s revealed they wanted to trade him to the raptors and they said no. We won’t have to gut this young core up.

I’d like to keep Bam if we could just to fill that position. However if we needed to include him to get a deal done.....he gone!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#1751 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:40 pm

Yea we can kiss the Westbrook trade away. We won’t have enough assets. So now back to do the Lakers take dragic or not ?
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#1752 » by DefenseWins » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:41 pm

Five first round picks and two of our picks are in there. We definitely don’t have those types of assets. Thunder in rebuilding mode and want all the picks they can get. Shoot, those picks might be used for another star next to Westbrook even, if he doesn’t want to be traded.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#1753 » by SlowPaced » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:41 pm

contract wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:I'm in favor of standing pat. I don't think there's a player that would push us over the edge that we can get without gutting our young core. Wait it out, look for opportunities for a trade in the summer of 2020.

Forget the young core. Once we traded for Butler, we committed to his timeline. He's already 30. He doesn't have many prime years left. We need to surround him with talent now, not 2 years from now. Whoever has to go, has to go.

Our young core doesn't consist of a bunch of super raw projects. I don't expect Justise and Bam to take too long to become serious contributors. Expect a breakout from Justise this year, and significant improvement from Bam as well. I like their fits with Butler.

I qualified my statement by saying a player that would push us over the edge. If such a player becomes available, I'm all for it. But I'm not seeing it. Beal is the only tangible one, but you'd have to destroy your financial flexibility (Wall) to get him and just Beal/Butler isn't getting it done. If we were to do that trade, we'd have to do it while retaining Justise and Bam, and Wizards aren't doing that.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1754 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:42 pm

The Bunk wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
I dont mind egos, if they knew how to play. In order for Westbrook to work, he has to be moved to shooting guard. Heat has to find a defensive stretch point guard (I do not think there is one available). A Eric Snow to Iverson type of situation. He has to play defense every night. He has to be cure of the Josh Richardson tripping over himself disease.

Man, your comparisons are so off base. You sound like a true fanboy in here.

You get so hurt when people disagree with you. Kind of reminds me of Kevin Durant. Another superstar who dipped out because he was tired of Westbrick and his inefficient chucking.

If you couldn't sense the sarcasm in that one, I don't know what to tell you.

Chill out bro, it's too early for all your negativity.

Take a rip from your vape and enjoy your day.
Read on Twitter
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,190

Post#1755 » by Lilseb93 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Heat Culture :hug:
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#1756 » by somerandomdude » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:43 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Yea we can kiss the Westbrook trade away. We won’t have enough assets. So now back to do the Lakers take dragic or not ?

Ira stated that the Lakers don't have enough space. But I think we could take back a contract if something were to get done.

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#1757 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:44 pm

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1758 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:46 pm

twix2500 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Please show me where I said that?

Now you're just being ridiculous, keep my name out ya mouth if you're gonna make **** up.

We literally are not allowed by NBA rule to trade Tyler Herro. I also put Winslow and Bam in my projected "Westbrook" lineup.

Read on Twitter
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#1759 » by HEATVols865 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:46 pm

Here’s my take: I don’t like Westbrook but if we trade for him and win one ring and have two or three miserable years of infighting and the team eating Spo alive, I’m OK. We got Shaq and GP and they won us a chip and then went against our culture. We still got the banner. I’m ok sacrificing culture short-term if it means we get a ring.
But, I still prefer Beal/Wall over Westbrook

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1760 » by HIF » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:46 pm

contract wrote:

I agree with the sentiment but don't think NOW is necessary, deadline or next summer puts us in the mix for a couple of titles - and we'd be happy with just the 1 :lol:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to Miami Heat