ImageImageImage

2019 Offseason thread, Vol.: Y won't you talk to me?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: 2019 Offseason thread, Vol.: Y won't you talk to me? 

Post#1781 » by HIF » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:07 pm

DefenseWins wrote:Five first round picks and two of our picks are in there. We definitely don’t have those types of assets. Thunder in rebuilding mode and want all the picks they can get. Shoot, those picks might be used for another star next to Westbrook even, if he doesn’t want to be traded.

Giving us Westbrook would make 2 of their picks worse any way.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1782 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:08 pm

SlowPaced wrote:
Bhut Jolokia wrote:If he demands a trade to Miami, OKC can trade Westbrook and Adams for Winslow, Adebayo, KZ Okpala, Waiters, James Johnson, Ryan Anderson (expiring), future 2025 unprotected 1st, 3 pick swaps (2020, 2022 and 2024). Westbrook is already 30 but doesn’t have a good jump shot which doesn’t help him age well. Winslow is only 23 years old and can become a really good PG next season. He can possibly help replace Westbrook down the road. Adebayo is just turning 22 and I think he projects to be a better player than Adams in the future. Okpala was being considered for this years lottery at one point and has a bright future (so he’s like an additional 1st round pick being traded).

Miami can trade away some of their future for a shot to compete now:

Dragic / Westbrook
Westbrook / Herro
Butler / DJJ
(Jabari Parker) / Olynyk
Adams / Leonard

:pukes:

Yea too many assets to give up. I said no in that case
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#1783 » by Mars » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:09 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Damm OKC got 5 picks, oof

So worth it...

GUTS™
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#1784 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:09 pm

5 picks for PG lol, iirc it was 2 firsts for lebron. wonder what kawhi would have done if clipers could not have got pg

anyways good news for us, our position in the east got better overnight by doing nothing. Hard to see dragic being moved now unless attatched with an asset/we take something back but i def think there will be another move made
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1785 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:10 pm

The Bunk wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Hell to the no. Beal and Butler are better players than Westbrook

Please show me where I said that?

Now you're just being ridiculous, keep my name out ya mouth if you're gonna make **** up.

We literally are not allowed by NBA rule to trade Tyler Herro. I also put Winslow and Bam in my projected "Westbrook" lineup.

So we're going to acquire Westbrick without trading Winslow, Bam, or Herro? Lol.

First off, again, can't trade Herro.

And I said (similar to what's been said about Wall) that if they're looking for expiring contracts to help them start over - we can do that.

In no way am I ever trading a 22 and 23 year old for a 30 year old.
Read on Twitter
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1786 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:12 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:5 picks for PG lol, iirc it was 2 firsts for lebron. wonder what kawhi would have done if clipers could not have got pg

anyways good news for us, our position in the east got better overnight by doing nothing. Hard to see dragic being moved now unless attatched with an asset/we take something back but i def think there will be another move made

1. LeBron was a FA
2. OKC had 0 incentive to give up PG, so they needed good trade value.
3. If the Clipps played around and OKC accepted Toronto's offer, they would've lost PG and Kawhi

Read on Twitter
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#1787 » by zgope1 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:12 pm

Do people here watch basketball? Westbrook has become a hack. He can’t shoot the damn ball. Sneaky bad finisher. Makes boneheaded plays. Horrible fit with Butler. Those two ain’t winning nothin’ together.

Better off seeing what Winslow and Bam become and waiting for something that actually helps the team to crack open
V99
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1788 » by V99 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:13 pm

twix2500 wrote:A sneaky Boss move would be getting Robert Covington. A role player who would fit perfectly with the Heat if you want to have high usage with Winslow at point and Butler at shooting guard. Would give the Heat length and the ability to defend just about anyone.

PG: Justise Winslow
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Robert Covington
PF: Boogie Cousins
Ce: Bam Adebayo

Is Covington available? Wonder what it would take to get him. I like the idea of getting a 3 and D guy like that as well. We could contend in the East with that lineup.
Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#1789 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:14 pm

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Post#1790 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:15 pm

V99 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:A sneaky Boss move would be getting Robert Covington. A role player who would fit perfectly with the Heat if you want to have high usage with Winslow at point and Butler at shooting guard. Would give the Heat length and the ability to defend just about anyone.

PG: Justise Winslow
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Robert Covington
PF: Boogie Cousins
Ce: Bam Adebayo

Is Covington available? Wonder what it would take to get him. I like the idea of getting a 3 and D guy like that as well. We could contend in the East with that lineup.

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#1791 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:15 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
The Bunk wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
Please show me where I said that?

Now you're just being ridiculous, keep my name out ya mouth if you're gonna make **** up.

We literally are not allowed by NBA rule to trade Tyler Herro. I also put Winslow and Bam in my projected "Westbrook" lineup.

So we're going to acquire Westbrick without trading Winslow, Bam, or Herro? Lol.

First off, again, can't trade Herro.

And I said (similar to what's been said about Wall) that if they're looking for expiring contracts to help them start over - we can do that.

In no way am I ever trading a 22 and 23 year old for a 30 year old.

Who wants to trade T-Rex Tyler? I’ll fight you
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1792 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:18 pm

zgope1 wrote:Do people here watch basketball? Westbrook has become a hack. He can’t shoot the damn ball. Sneaky bad finisher. Makes boneheaded plays. Horrible fit with Butler. Those two ain’t winning nothin’ together.

The only thing I want to question here is the "horrible fit with Butler"

Can we talk about this without it meaning that we "want westbrook" or "are ridiculous"

like an actual healthy debate.

The 2 of them are uber competitive. Probably 2 of the hardest workers in the NBA. Russ coming to a new location, I could def see him buying into the culture and I think him/Jimmy would get along well.

Would there be fights? Would there be arguments? Hell yea

But those 2 would want nothing more than the other person pushing them.

Now again, not questioning the chucking and the 29% 3 (remember when people wanted Romeo?), I'm only questioning the mental fit.

Also, with Westbrook and Jimmy we'd probably still have Herro, who would be a perfect fit in between them. Meyers Leonard too.

Read on Twitter
rickyt31
Sophomore
And1: 409

Post#1793 » by rickyt31 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:18 pm

Honestly, if we don't make anymore more moves this offseason, I wouldn't be mad. I would love for us to add Beal and Boogie, but I'm not stressed about it. Herro is killing it right now and Waiters is in shape. I wanted to move Dragic, but he's good on the court and has an expiring contract. I'm feeling really good about Winslow this year. DJJ is in the mix as well. If the chemistry isn't a problem, we could have a big year.
Dr_Heat
RealGM

Post#1794 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Post#1795 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:18 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Image

You love turmoil :lol:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#1796 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:19 pm

Something has to go down today. We need to make a move now that the Butler signing can be official.
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1797 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:20 pm

How many teams in the east (right now) are 100% better than us?

Read on Twitter
V99
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1798 » by V99 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:22 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:5 picks for PG lol, iirc it was 2 firsts for lebron. wonder what kawhi would have done if clipers could not have got pg

When you really put it into perspective though, it wasn't 5 picks for PG. They just prevented themselves from becoming little brother again; the Afterthought of L.A. The 5 picks was for Kawhi, PG, and to stop another Lakers Dynasty.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1799 » by HIF » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:25 pm

If I was Westbrook and I'd given my heart to Oklahoma, even when Kevin 'the bitch' Durrant walked out on them, I'd be really miffed that they went behind my back trying to send me to Snowy Toronto.

HIF
RealGM

Post#1800 » by HIF » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:27 pm

V99 wrote:

When you really put it into perspective though, it wasn't 5 picks for PG. They just prevented themselves from becoming little brother again; the Afterthought of L.A. The 5 picks was for Kawhi, PG, and to stop another Lakers Dynasty.

TRUE. But it was REALLY 5 FRPs plus second rounders plus two players for PG - who hasn't been able to lift any franchise to a finals.

Return to Miami Heat