ImageImageImage

Around the NBA streets Vol. 3: YEERPP!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,795

Re: Around the NBA streets Vol. 3: YEERPP! 

Post#961 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:56 pm

QUIZ wrote:Also I don’t like Anthony Davis. He’s not THAT guy and never will be. Hope LeBron does have some juice left in the tank though. I’m not ready for it to be over

Was pretty bad last night for a guy who wants to win DPOY. He looks like a guy who kills bad teams, but shrinks when level goes up
:reporter:
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#962 » by Majestic7 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Read on Twitter
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#963 » by oreon » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:38 pm

QUIZ wrote:Also I don’t like Anthony Davis. He’s not THAT guy and never will be. Hope LeBron does have some juice left in the tank though. I’m not ready for it to be over

I'm not worried about AD. He'll be a great # 2 guy. Lebron though. He doesn't look the same. It's amazing that at 34 he still that good but he looks a bit past it. He's not as explosive as he once was. At the moment you gotta say Kawhi is the best player in NBA right now. It sucks for Durant before the injury he was far better than Kawhi. He's missing the window to be the guy. By the time he's back, Giannis would probably have taken that mantle
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#964 » by heat4life » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:54 pm

oreon wrote:

I'm not worried about AD. He'll be a great # 2 guy. Lebron though. He doesn't look the same. It's amazing that at 34 he still that good but he looks a bit past it. He's not as explosive as he once was. At the moment you gotta say Kawhi is the best player in NBA right now. It sucks for Durant before the injury he was far better than Kawhi. He's missing the window to be the guy. By the time he's back, Giannis would probably have taken that mantle

I want to see Giannis be able to his open shots consistently before I call him "best in the league". Last playoffs exposed how to defend him. Both Kawhi and KD get their points in multiple ways, hard to stop.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,108

Post#965 » by oreon » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:36 pm

heat4life wrote:
oreon wrote:

I want to see Giannis be able to his open shots consistently before I call him "best in the league". Last playoffs exposed how to defend him. Both Kawhi and KD get their points in multiple ways, hard to stop.

Giannis is a jumper away from getting there. KD is back next year, but he won't fully be recovered till the year after. I'd bet in 2 years Giannis would have developed a solid jumper.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#966 » by contract » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:23 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
contract wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Lakers need a miracle to compete this year

Lebron needs more help?

If Lebron and AD aren't enough, then there may be no such thing.

Basketball is a team sport in which two teams, most commonly of five players each, opposing one another on a rectangular court,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball

I'm old enough to remember Dwyane Wade winning a championship with a half washed Shaq and not a whole lot else.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,795

Post#967 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:45 pm

contract wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
contract wrote:Lebron needs more help?

If Lebron and AD aren't enough, then there may be no such thing.

Basketball is a team sport in which two teams, most commonly of five players each, opposing one another on a rectangular court,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball

I'm old enough to remember Dwyane Wade winning a championship with a half washed Shaq and not a whole lot else.

That's why that Heat team is the worst champ in this century according to SRS.
:reporter:
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#968 » by heat4life » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:32 pm

oreon wrote:
heat4life wrote:
oreon wrote:

Giannis is a jumper away from getting there. KD is back next year, but he won't fully be recovered till the year after. I'd bet in 2 years Giannis would have developed a solid jumper.

Maybe he will. He's entering his 7th year in the league and there has been tiny signs of improvements with his jumper. He is still young enough to work at it for sure (will be 25 in 2 months). Jump shots are 50% technique and 50% confidence. On a side note, not directed at you, but its funny that Justise is only 23yo but somehow some fans have given up on him improving as a shooter, yet we talk about an older Giannis who has less of a jump shot, and positively think he will improve his jump shot at some point. just saying... :lol:
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#969 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:55 am

Whiteside being a beast in Portland, good for him
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#970 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:38 am

Dr_Heat wrote:Whiteside being a beast in Portland, good for him

Whiteside would be a decent center in the 90’s, but in today’s game he is outdated.

In particular, Whiteside’s lack of speed and shooting is something teams capitalize on. Yeah Whiteside had some good stats today, but the lack of perimeter defense from whiteside allowed the Nuggets to be able to shoot over 56% from 3. As for shooting, it hurts other players on your team when teams know that you can’t consistently hit a jump ****.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#971 » by IggieCC » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:58 am

Jump **** cracked me up Lifer
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#972 » by RJM » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:25 am

Big numbers in a loss? Yes, that's a Whiteside experience.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#973 » by heat4life » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:32 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Whiteside would be a decent center in the 90’s, but in today’s game he is outdated.

In particular, Whiteside’s lack of speed and shooting is something teams capitalize on. Yeah Whiteside had some good stats today, but the lack of perimeter defense from whiteside allowed the Nuggets to be able to shoot over 56% from 3. As for shooting, it hurts other players on your team when teams know that you can’t consistently hit a jump ****.

Whiteside would be a SOFT center in the 90's. He's not tough enough and as evidence shows over the last 4 years, he can't defend the likes of Vucevic, Jokic, Valanciunas, Embiid. What makes you thing he had a shot at defending Zo, Shaq, Robinson, Olajuwon, Ewing, Mutombo? I think his best time would've been during the mid-to-late 2000s, before Spo introduced positionless.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#974 » by AirP. » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:35 pm

I think teams should be watching Philly and the Embiid situation(in the somewhat near future), I think Philly's ownership/FO has or is leaning towards deciding that Embiid's health is way to much of a concern to build around him. Looking at last year, the trade for Butler was a move to build around Embiid (Butler taking over playmaking duties from Simmons), the Harris trade was for building around Simmons(a good outside shooting PF/SF) and letting Butler go and bringing in Horford(getting a better center from the outside, keeping the lane open for Simmons) to me was more for transitioning away from Embiid for this year and maybe next year. Still think they'll stay pat this current season. I think Philly with the assets they receive from Embiid could end up being a better team then they are now because of the fit, they'll get a good amount for Embiid if Brand pulls the trigger in the next couple of years.

If Embiid can stay healthy in the playoffs this year they may stand pat, but his injuries and sickness may have cost Philly a championship last year, or at the very least getting to the ECF, and Philly was able to beat the Bucks in the regular season with Butler in the lineup.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#975 » by Rock Hardy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:38 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Pretty much this. Big stats in a loss. Setting poor picks so Dame has to work harder. Camping for blocks, so the opponent's perimeter shooting gets hot. It's the same fool's gold that once had us mesmerized. Still, I'm following the Blazers forums just to see how they react to reality setting in. I know it's petty, but something about that dude rubbed me the wrong way for too long, that now it's like watching someone else's trainwreck. I need to confirm somehow that this wasn't a Miami thing, and that we really did give it the best shot while he was here. Only then, can I look away.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#976 » by gom » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:22 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Read on Twitter
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#977 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:42 am

gom wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

That defense by Whiteside is absolutely pathetic. That’s the Whiteside way tho: “I put up my stats so I’ve done my part. Don’t need to do anything else.”

Glad he’s gone. Whiteside with JJ and Dion was the worst era in Heat history. No effort. No desire to win. Collectively their salaries are more than everyone on this board make combined.

I would be jealous, but I know my career as a realgm message board writer will payoff eventually.
OP for NBA FT record
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#978 » by QUIZ » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:50 am

Clippers so goos
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#979 » by IggieCC » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:54 am

QUIZ wrote:Clippers so goos

Clipps goos or GS soo bads QUIZ?

At one point I was afraid of GS dynasty but it might have ended with 2 out of 4 Championships in 4 years like big 3 Heat :dontknow:

nothing ez QUIZ
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#980 » by QUIZ » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:57 am

IggieCC wrote:
QUIZ wrote:Clippers so goos

Clipps goos or GS soo bads QUIZ?

At one point I was afraid of GS dynasty but it might have ended with 2 out of 4 Championships in 4 years like big 3 Heat :dontknow:

nothing ez QUIZ

Clippers winning it all Iggs.

Warriors are cooked. They had their run.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda

Return to Miami Heat