ImageImageImage

***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season***

Moderators: BFRESH44, Wiltside, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, IggieCC

User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,172
And1: 54,099
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#81 » by DayofMourning » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Oh wait, Chalm Down going to take the crown, with 42 wins. Him and SA37.
Image

Your 2020 Dunk Contest Champion-Derrick Jones Jr!
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 14,303
And1: 33,817
Joined: May 30, 2014
Location: Right here. Right now.
Contact:
   

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#82 » by gom » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:39 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
gom wrote:I had thought I was way off-base with 43-39, but Heat are 35-20 now, with 27 games to play. They need to go 8-19, which no longer seems impossible.


As things stand, you might just be right again. 41 wins. You overshot it by a bit.


I am close though, which is just crazy. The coronavirus was in my parameter set. I am the expert predictor so...
#BlackLivesMatter

Image
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^^^^
User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 25,536
And1: 127,258
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#83 » by Chalm Down » Tue May 19, 2020 4:54 am

DayofMourning wrote:Oh wait, Chalm Down going to take the crown, with 42 wins. Him and SA37.


HeatFanLifer wrote:hey scum


Image
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,988
And1: 29,913
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#84 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue May 19, 2020 5:08 am

Chalm Down wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Oh wait, Chalm Down going to take the crown, with 42 wins. Him and SA37.


HeatFanLifer wrote:hey scum




I never said that. That sounds like an Iggie/goodboy
quote. I’ll say your posts are scum, or you run scum sites, or you are scum, but I never use scum as a noun.
RexBoyWonder wrote:If we win the chip this year I will change my username to "Zo's lats".


IggieCC wrote:I'm gonna change my username to JeaCrowEatingClamChowder, AirP



Let’s goooo!
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 45,473
And1: 210,610
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Beno Udrih Stats
 

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#85 » by IggieCC » Thu May 21, 2020 8:12 pm

LMAPO
Image
The Biggest Goran Dragic Yakhouba Diawara Fan since 2/17/2015 08/07/2008
User avatar
Chalm Down
RealGM
Posts: 25,536
And1: 127,258
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
Location: snuggled in beno's strapping arms

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#86 » by Chalm Down » Thu May 28, 2020 9:21 am

lifer pls
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,988
And1: 29,913
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#87 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:56 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Conclusion of all valid predictions :


MartyConlonJr - 53 wins
HeatFanLifer - 52 wins


kobewade11 - 51 wins
DayofMourning - 50 wins
iamoti - 50 wins
Dr_Heat - 49 wins
Shootit - 48 wins
Zasterror - 48 wins
JustiseForMiami - 47 wins
heat4life - 46.5 wins
Hallstar - 46 wins
Wiltside - 46 wins
contract - 45 wins
Jonas DeRoss - 45 wins
eddieheatfan - 44 wins
Mos_Heat - 43 wins
gom - 43 wins
Heat3 - 43 wins

SA37 - 42 wins
Chalm Down - 42 wins



The Average prediction from the board posters this year is 46.6 wins. Some posters have less faith then others, as we can see.


Bumping this. EddieHeatFan and Jonas/Contract predictions still in play.
RexBoyWonder wrote:If we win the chip this year I will change my username to "Zo's lats".


IggieCC wrote:I'm gonna change my username to JeaCrowEatingClamChowder, AirP



Let’s goooo!
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 10,527
And1: 40,170
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#88 » by Wiltside » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Feel like win % rather than total wins would be the better indicator tbh given the reduced regular season.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,988
And1: 29,913
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#89 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:51 pm

Wiltside wrote:Feel like win % rather than total wins would be the better indicator tbh given the reduced regular season.


Heat finished at .603 win %. That places them between 49 and 50 wins.
RexBoyWonder wrote:If we win the chip this year I will change my username to "Zo's lats".


IggieCC wrote:I'm gonna change my username to JeaCrowEatingClamChowder, AirP



Let’s goooo!
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,988
And1: 29,913
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#90 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:00 pm

My thoughts on this regular season:

1) The Heat came out hot and seemed to win every game they were supposed to win, but began to cool off as the season wore on. Losses to Washington, NYK, Brooklyn, Sacramento, ATL (blame goodboy for that), and CLE were unnecessary. Spo needs to figre out how to keep players engaged as seasons wear on.

2) Winslow had a terrible season with only 11 games played. I wish him the best in Memphis, but it was time for the Heat to move on.

3) Did anyone see this season coming from Duncan Robinson?

4) Heat have a core to build from that will surely bring more talent to the team in offseasons ahead.
RexBoyWonder wrote:If we win the chip this year I will change my username to "Zo's lats".


IggieCC wrote:I'm gonna change my username to JeaCrowEatingClamChowder, AirP



Let’s goooo!
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,172
And1: 54,099
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#91 » by DayofMourning » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:00 pm

eddieheatfan. You did it man. You phucking did it!
Image

Your 2020 Dunk Contest Champion-Derrick Jones Jr!
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,214
And1: 23,082
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#92 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:27 am

DayofMourning wrote:eddieheatfan. You did it man. You phucking did it!


I'd hate to chit on eddie since he never gets the respect he deserves, but the real winners by winning % are (tie) :


DayofMourning - 50 wins

iamoti - 50 wins

Dr_Heat - 49 wins


Yes DOM! you win! you 3 know your basketball, congrats to all 3 expert winners and may you enjoy many more new butholes, especially the doc.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,172
And1: 54,099
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#93 » by DayofMourning » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:39 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:eddieheatfan. You did it man. You phucking did it!


I'd hate to chit on eddie since he never gets the respect he deserves, but the real winners by winning % are (tie) :


DayofMourning - 50 wins

iamoti - 50 wins

Dr_Heat - 49 wins


Yes DOM! you win! you 3 know your basketball, congrats to all 3 expert winners and may you enjoy many more new butholes, especially the doc.


Hey now! Looking forward to my expert predictor title!
Image

Your 2020 Dunk Contest Champion-Derrick Jones Jr!
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,988
And1: 29,913
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#94 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:02 pm

DayofMourning wrote:16) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end? Chip.


Can DoM be outright winner from bonus question?
RexBoyWonder wrote:If we win the chip this year I will change my username to "Zo's lats".


IggieCC wrote:I'm gonna change my username to JeaCrowEatingClamChowder, AirP



Let’s goooo!
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 45,473
And1: 210,610
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: Beno Udrih Stats
 

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#95 » by IggieCC » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:27 pm

iamoti is my second account. please give me an award as well Rex
Image
The Biggest Goran Dragic Yakhouba Diawara Fan since 2/17/2015 08/07/2008
User avatar
HeatFanLifer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,988
And1: 29,913
Joined: Oct 20, 2016

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#96 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:05 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
IggieCC wrote:55 WINS




Image


New predictions are not allowed.


IggieCC wrote:iamoti is my second account. please give me an award as well Rex


DemonOP wrote:Image
RexBoyWonder wrote:If we win the chip this year I will change my username to "Zo's lats".


IggieCC wrote:I'm gonna change my username to JeaCrowEatingClamChowder, AirP



Let’s goooo!
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,214
And1: 23,082
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#97 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:35 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:16) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end? Chip.


Can DoM be outright winner from bonus question?


If we win the chip this year I will change my username to "Zo's lats".
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,214
And1: 23,082
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#98 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:39 am

IggieCC wrote:iamoti is my second account. please give me an award as well Rex


Image

Spoiler:
Image
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,214
And1: 23,082
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#99 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:01 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:My thoughts on this regular season:


3) Did anyone see this season coming from Duncan Robinson?



No a single soul.

It's so funny reading this thread these days, almost no one saw this season coming :

1) Almost no one saw Bam making the jump he did, I don't think a single poster wrote him in our top 4 scores.

2) NO ONE saw Nunn or Duncan being relevant, Nobody even mentioned Nunn, And Duncan was only mentioned a possible "biggest disapointment (LOL).

3) Most still had faith in Winslow (poor Winnie :( ), many predicted him to make the biggest improvment.

4) Almost everyone wrote the dragon off.

5) A few posters knew Herro will bring it, I guess they were very high on the kid even before pre-season.

The only thing that we were collectively right about was Jimmy being a stud.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 14,303
And1: 33,817
Joined: May 30, 2014
Location: Right here. Right now.
Contact:
   

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2019-2020 Regular Season*** 

Post#100 » by gom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:52 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:My thoughts on this regular season:


3) Did anyone see this season coming from Duncan Robinson?



No a single soul.

It's so funny reading this thread these days, almost no one saw this season coming :

1) Almost no one saw Bam making the jump he did, I don't think a single poster wrote him in our top 4 scores.

2) NO ONE saw Nunn or Duncan being relevant, Nobody even mentioned Nunn, And Duncan was only mentioned a possible "biggest disapointment (LOL).

3) Most still had faith in Winslow (poor Winnie :( ), many predicted him to make the biggest improvment.

4) Almost everyone wrote the dragon off.

5) A few posters knew Herro will bring it, I guess they were very high on the kid even before pre-season.

The only thing that we were collectively right about was Jimmy being a stud.


I was high on Herro (but was also high on Winslow, so the two balance each other out).

Also from my post:
6) Which player will make the biggest improvement from last year?
Bam Adebayo with improved minutes will go from 8.9/7.5/2.3 (last season) to (12/10/3).

11) Predict a nice/interesting statistical nugget you can see happening with the team or a player.
Duncan Robinson hits 6 three-pointers in a row.

Still... I had Waiters & James Johnson returning to form and Waiters as a leading scorer. I also advocated trading Dragić, so I'm no expert predictor this time. ;-)
#BlackLivesMatter

Image
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^^^^

Return to Miami Heat