ImageImageImage

Offseason thread vol. 4: Media Day, Camp, Preseason

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,639

Re: Offseason thread vol. 4: Media Day, Camp, Preseason 

Post#321 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:17 pm

And someone explain to me why are Heat fans always attaching themselves to every rumored disgruntled player on social media like cheap 2 dollar prostitutes. Buddy Hield? Give me a break
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#322 » by jbk1234 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:29 am

gom wrote:Greg Swartz is a Cavs writer:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2857168-demar-derozan-for-chris-paul-other-star-trade-ideas-as-2019-20-nba-season-nears#slide2

He suggests Justise + Meyers for Kevin Love.

That would leave us with only Dragic & Nunn which is weak.
I've never heard of that guy and the link in the article is to a Twitter account that doesn't exist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,452

Post#323 » by gom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:39 pm

At least I'm not the only one to see Kevin Love as a good fit. I don't think anyone else on the Miami board agrees with me.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,312

Post#324 » by Beenie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:52 pm

kobewade11 wrote:And someone explain to me why are Heat fans always attaching themselves to every rumored disgruntled player on social media like cheap 2 dollar prostitutes. Buddy Hield? Give me a break

Same reason why pretty much every fanbase does it -- because we're fans.

Also, knowing what we know about Riley in general, and the teams rumored interest this offseason in reshaping its roster, the idea that they could be in on Hield is completely plausible.

Fandom aside, do you not like the idea of Hield on this team?
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#325 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Beenie wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:And someone explain to me why are Heat fans always attaching themselves to every rumored disgruntled player on social media like cheap 2 dollar prostitutes. Buddy Hield? Give me a break

Also, knowing what we know about Riley in general, and the teams rumored interest this offseason in reshaping its roster, the idea that they could be in on Hield is completely plausible.

Every fanbase doesn't do it. And why would I be interested in Hield on this team? He's an ok two guard who wants a big pay day, why give up assets for that when we have a better cost controlled option in Herro and a comparable talent (and cheaper option) in Waiters already on the roster? This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about, Heat fans didnt watch more than two Kings games last year and now they want Buddy Hield. For what? Stop being groupies. If it's not a bonafide star player I'm not interested.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,762

Post#326 » by KingDavid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:14 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Every fanbase doesn't do it. And why would I be interested in Hield on this team? He's an ok two guard who wants a big pay day, why give up assets for that when we have a better cost controlled option in Herro and a comparable talent (and cheaper option) in Waiters already on the roster? This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about, Heat fans didnt watch more than two Kings games last year and now they want Buddy Hield. For what? Stop being groupies. If it's not a bonafide star player I'm not interested.

....wat
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,137

Post#327 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:16 pm

gom wrote:At least I'm not the only one to see Kevin Love as a good fit. I don't think anyone else on the Miami board agrees with me.
All you need is for us to fuse our powers and we can take on all the factions in this roomImage

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,762

Post#328 » by KingDavid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:17 pm

gom wrote:At least I'm not the only one to see Kevin Love as a good fit. I don't think anyone else on the Miami board agrees with me.

Age, injury prone, defense.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#329 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Those rumors appears to be true back in August the Heat were looking for a 3D small forward to pair with Butler and have him play the 2. Since they are experimenting a lot with Duncan paired with Butler.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#330 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Rewatched the preseasons games a couple of times last night. Even thou Robinson hasn't caught fire from 3 yet, teams are respecting him a lot on the 3 point line. His stroke alone (regardless if it goes in or not) is stretching the defense.

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,312

Post#331 » by Beenie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:13 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Where to start..

Hield was 7th in 3pt% at 42.7% and 4th in 3Pointers made at 278. In a 3 point shooting league, he qualifies as elite. If Duncan Robinson ever becomes half as good as Hield Spo and Riles would (insert sexual joke) all over themselves.

Hield is looking for less than a max contract. Best guess would be an annual range of between 22-27 mil. Some of the other names that have been floated are in the 30+ mil per year range; guys who are older and have a concerning history of injuries.

And you simply aren't paying attention if you think most other fanbases arent clamoring for the latest names that become available. Hield, imo, is a very unusual talent in that his range runs deeper than most other shooters, thus his uniqueness justifies his interest more so than some of the other names, imo.
gom

Post#332 » by gom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Hield is a really good shooter. I've also seen him play some smart defense. Didn't he steal the ball from us on an inbounds pass the last time we played them? Anyway, I watch a lot of Kings games. They are an exciting team, but their defense is a revolving door. Their concentration breaks, and then they just don't care.

I don't think we need him. Right now I'm invested in the players we have. I want to see what we can do. The game against Orlando gave me a positive impression. Butler, Winslow, Adebayo... It was great to see Olynyk back too. This is going to be a fun season.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#333 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:01 pm

gom wrote:Hield is a really good shooter. I've also seen him play some smart defense. Didn't he steal the ball from us on an inbounds pass the last time we played them? Anyway, I watch a lot of Kings games. They are an exciting team, but their defense is a revolving door. Their concentration breaks, and then they just don't care.

I don't think we need him. Right now I'm invested in the players we have. I want to see what we can do. The game against Orlando gave me a positive impression. Butler, Winslow, Adebayo... It was great to see Olynyk back too. This is going to be a fun season.

I think most stans in this group feels that way. But we do got to remember, we are not in the development game no more once we acquired Butler. The Heat can not afford to watch and wait another 5 years of Justise missing layups and Bam bricking 5 to 8 foot jumpers.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#334 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:45 pm

twix2500 wrote:
I think most stans in this group feels that way. But we do got to remember, we are not in the development game no more once we acquired Butler. The Heat can not afford to watch and wait another 5 years of Justise missing layups and Bam bricking 5 to 8 foot jumpers.

Has Hield been apart of anything worth noting? No? In that case we're better off with what we got unless a real star becomes available. Otherwise you guys will put us in the same financial rut we just got out of because you wanted to pursue names instead of logical and financial fits.
gom

Post#335 » by gom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:54 pm

I was encouraged by Justise & Adebayo last night. Justise misses the layup and Jones or Adebayo follow it. Almost like an assist. Team looked great.
County of Wade
Veteran
And1: 7,818

Post#336 » by County of Wade » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:37 am

No surprise, but Chris Silva has signed a 2 way contract with the Heat

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,625

Post#337 » by AirP. » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:55 pm

News and notes, Five on the Floor mentioned hearing a rumor Dion and whispers of Detroit with the name of L.Galloway as a possible player who could come back(plus more filler of course) and also mentioning getting a little bit of cap relief for Miami. One of the reporters on there heard Jimmy and Justice have both been wanting the toughest defensive assignment.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#338 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Remember a couple of months ago when I said that Leonard should start with Adebayo and you all thought that wouldn't work well?
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 156

Post#339 » by ThaFranchize84 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Maybe Galloway and Maker for Dion. Would free up around $2 million for the Heat and I believe drop us below the tax line. Galloway is also an expiring contract. More valuable in a deal around trade deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,625

Post#340 » by AirP. » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Remember a couple of months ago when I said that Leonard should start with Adebayo and you all thought that wouldn't work well?

Olynyk is better than Leonard(by a lot in my view), but I feel that Riley and Spo are looking to see if Leonard is good enough next to Bam to use Olynyk as a trade asset.

Return to Miami Heat