ImageImageImage

MUNDAY, OCT.14., ATL GT @ MIA, SEVEM-TIRTY PM ET, BRING POPCORN

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Re: MUNDAY, OCT.14., ATL GT @ MIA, SEVEM-TIRTY PM ET, BRING POPCORN 

Post#41 » by Majestic7 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:03 am

Another Heat win.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,431

Post#42 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 am

My body ain't ready for another Atlanta game thread bish
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,431

Post#43 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:33 am

pls get this GT to survive the 7 pages mark..dear god
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#44 » by Spacely » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:12 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

We need his shooting so hopefully he comes through.

Where would y’all rank everyone in shooting on this team 1-15?
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#45 » by heat4life » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Spacely wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Let's point out also just how active and engaged he is on defense so far. I am hoping it translates into the regular season. If he can be decent defensively, he'll get minutes.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,459

Post#46 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Spacely wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

By what measurement? VORP, Net rating, TS%? Cause it matters.

If it's TS, I'm taking Bam then the field
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Spacely
Analyst

Post#47 » by Spacely » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Spacely wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

By what measurement? VORP, Net rating, TS%? Cause it matters.

If it's TS, I'm taking Bam then the field

I’m talking pure jump shots so the latter

Guess you can have two different categories between mid range and 3 point though.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#48 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 pm

I'd rank by shooting versatility and recent percentage; if Robinson's GLeague percentage translates then he's high up the ranks for sure

Rest in Power Chadwick

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,617

Post#49 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Bishop45 wrote:I'd rank by shooting versatility and recent percentage; if Robinson's GLeague percentage translates then he's high up the ranks for sure

From the same coach who started Luke Babbitt once upon a time. It's a very real possibility that Duncan Robinson in the starting lineup is not going to just be a preseason thing. Spo values two optimal floor spacers on the floor as triggers. Meyers/KO and Duncan will find themselves on the floor plenty with Butler and Winslow.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#50 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:29 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:I'd rank by shooting versatility and recent percentage; if Robinson's GLeague percentage translates then he's high up the ranks for sure

From the same coach who started Luke Babbitt once upon a time. It's a very real possibility that Duncan Robinson in the starting lineup is not going to just be a preseason thing. Spo values two optimal floor spacers on the floor as triggers. Meyers/KO and Duncan will find themselves on the floor plenty with Butler and Winslow.

Definitely possible, just not sure who Duncan replaces in the regular rotation

My original rotation had him taking Herro's mins, cause I doubt Spo would bench a vet/team lead(JJ) for two rooks, but it's possible. Anything possible rn

Rest in Power Chadwick

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#51 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

My original rotation had him taking Herro's mins, cause I doubt Spo would bench a vet/team lead(JJ) for two rooks, but it's possible. Anything possible rn

I don't see JJ as a team lead anymore. Actually think the ship may be sailing away from the JJ era here as being away from the team due to not meeting his conditional obligation is a huge strike in him gaining any latitude on a rotation spot. The organization probably can't wait to ship him out at this point. Duncan as of now seems to be getting groomed for a rotation spot. It looks like he's certainly earning his opportunity and you can tell the staff loves him. Duncan could start at SF and then move over to be the stretch 4 in small ball bench lineups. Herro has done everything he can to get minutes and the team needs him to grow. He will play. Might not be more then 15-20 minutes in the beginning but he's also earned a look in the rotation. I think we go 10 deep to start out the year especially with Dragic nursing that knee.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#52 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:54 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:From the same coach who started Luke Babbitt once upon a time. It's a very real possibility that Duncan Robinson in the starting lineup is not going to just be a preseason thing. Spo values two optimal floor spacers on the floor as triggers. Meyers/KO and Duncan will find themselves on the floor plenty with Butler and Winslow.

I don't see JJ as a team lead anymore. Actually think the ship may be sailing away from the JJ era here as being away from the team due to not meeting his conditional obligation is a huge strike in him gaining any latitude on a rotation spot. The organization probably can't wait to ship him out at this point. Duncan as of now seems to be getting groomed for a rotation spot. It looks like he's certainly earning his opportunity and you can tell the staff loves him. Duncan could start at SF and then move over to be the stretch 4 in small ball bench lineups. Herro has done everything he can to get minutes and the team needs him to grow. He will play. Might not be more then 15-20 minutes in the beginning but he's also earned a look in the rotation. I think we go 10 deep to start out the year especially with Dragic nursing that knee.

Yea', hard to tell how the Org' feels about certain players. One day we're praising JJ, the next on paid leave

Definitely going to be interesting to see how Spo's vices(hard nose scrubs, vets, shooters) play on one another. I imagine all these guys would have a spot in the rotation from one time to another leading up to late December

Rest in Power Chadwick

Spacely
Analyst

Post#53 » by Spacely » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:54 pm

I wish KZ was given an opportunity to play more than 5 minutes a game...

For someone who was on the draft board “right” after Herro they seem to not have much faith in him playing..
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#54 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#55 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Spacely wrote:I wish KZ was given an opportunity to play more than 5 minutes a game...

For someone who was on the draft board “right” after Herro they seem to not have much faith in him playing..

What is with this dramatic take? Every pick is not for immediate gratification. KZ is a project, it was likely never in the plans for him to be an immediate rotation guy. He'll spend a lot of time in Sioux Falls this year, get used to the DNPs.
Spacely
Analyst

Post#56 » by Spacely » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:10 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Spacely wrote:I wish KZ was given an opportunity to play more than 5 minutes a game...

What is with this dramatic take? Every pick is not for immediate gratification. KZ is a project, it was likely never in the plans for him to be an immediate rotation guy. He'll spend a lot of time in Sioux Falls this year, get used to the DNPs.

Just hoping it was worth two future second round picks, guess we’ll see in a few years. Type Giannis project
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#57 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Spacely wrote:Just hoping it was worth two future second round picks, guess we’ll see in a few years. Type Giannis project

our last two first round picks (that we kept) are josh richardson and dexter pittman. What were those future second round picks really worth? He's not going to be a star player, he shouldn't be a scrub like Pittman, but could certainly end up in the realm of Richardson caliber. Temper expectations is all I would say.
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#58 » by MadD23 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:47 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dion was probably sent home because of that comment he made about not being cool with a bench role. Maybe for one or two practices. If he becomes a problem in the locker room, then he needs to go. I have high expectations from him this season, but not worth sacrificing team chemistry over him. The last thing we need right now is another Whiteside.
Spacely
Analyst

Post#59 » by Spacely » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:38 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Spacely wrote:Just hoping it was worth two future second round picks, guess we’ll see in a few years. Type Giannis project

our last two first round picks (that we kept) are josh richardson and dexter pittman. What were those future second round picks really worth? He's not going to be a star player, he shouldn't be a scrub like Pittman, but could certainly end up in the realm of Richardson caliber. Temper expectations is all I would say.

Every pick is valuable, any player can break out from any spot. Like how you said, Josh Richardson is a great pick up for a second round pick.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#60 » by Bishop45 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Had no idea that this photo existed, but it feels right to post here

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

Return to Miami Heat