ImageImageImage

Poll: Who gets the 2-Way

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Who gets the 2019 Two-Way deals?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:59 am

Kyle Alexander (F)
8%
Daryl Macon (G)
No votes
Jeremiah Martin (G)
No votes
Mychal Mulder (G)
No votes
Davon Reed (G)
25%
Chris Silva (F)
58%
Nobody (wait to find another player)
8%
Nobody 2 (wait to find another player too)
No votes

Total votes: 12

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Poll: Who gets the 2-Way 

Post#1 » by gom » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 am

Our team roster (14)

G: Goran Dragić, Justise Winslow, Kendrick Nunn, Jimmy Butler, Dion Waiters, Tyler Herro
F: Bam Adebayo, Derrick Jones Jr, Duncan Robinson, KZ Okpala, James Johnson, Udonis Haslem
C: Meyers Leonard, Kelly Olynyk

So who gets the two-way deals?

Kyle Alexander (F)
Daryl Macon (G)
Jeremiah Martin (G)
Mychal Mulder (G)
Davon Reed (G)
Chris Silva (F)
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Re: Poll: Who gets the 2-Way 

Post#2 » by Wiltside » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:31 am

My guess is Reed and Silva. They’ve been the most impressive through limited preseason minutes.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#3 » by BFRESH44 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:19 pm

Silva is a lock. The last spot is between Davon Reed and Jermiah Martin. I hear Spo is a fan of Martin so it could go either way.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#4 » by Kobblehead » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:27 pm

I was surprised to see you guys released Jeremiah Martin. One of the better 6'2" defenders I've ever seen. And a guy with legitimate shooting potential.
gom

Post#5 » by gom » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I was surprised to see you guys released Jeremiah Martin. One of the better 6'2" defenders I've ever seen. And a guy with legitimate shooting potential.

I am not surprised. We do this every year.

You probably know this but Exhibit 10 contracts can be converted to 2-way deals without waiving. Waiving two players means they can be picked up by Sioux Falls, in addition to the two players we just signed, because a total of 6 exhibit 10 contracts can be reassigned to an NBA G-League affiliate.

Exhibit 10 Contract — A Uniform Player Contract that includes an Exhibit 10 allows teams to waive a player, but then pay that waived player a bonus of between $5,000 to $50,000 if they timely sign a contract with the team’s G league affiliate and play with that G league team for 60 days. The Exhibit 10 also allows teams to convert the contract to a Two-Way Contract prior to the first day of the regular season (without waiving the player) — this is called a “two-way player conversion option.” If a team converts the contract to a Two-Way Contract, then the bonus is converted into compensation protection. And because the Exhibit 10 allows the contract to be converted into a Two-Way Contract, the Exhibit 10 also includes the Standard NBA Contract Conversion Option.

These contracts must (i) cover 1 season (ii) provide for the minimum player salary (with no bonuses of any kind other than the Exhibit 10 bonus) without any compensation protection (other than in connection with the two-way player conversion option), and (iii) include an Exhibit 10 to the Uniform Player Contract.

No team may have more than 6 players under contract with an Exhibit 10.

A player’s contract can include both an Exhibit 9 and an Exhibit 10, but if the team exercises the two-way player conversion option, then the Exhibit 9 is effectively deleted.

That being said, you are right about Martin. He's got a lot of potential, but he did not have great performances this summer. I think if his 3-point shot was better, we would have offered him a 2-way deal, but as it is he is probably behind everyone but Mulder. We have plenty of young guards to develop.

Waived, Mulder and Martin are free to sign with another team, but if not, I would not be surprised to see him funneled to the Skyforce.

Bubu Palo, of course, already played for the Skyforce last season, so he should go there. Skyler Flatten, who I haven't seen play, is from the Sioux Falls area and likely indicated by the local team. Signing them gets them to SXF easier (otherwise they might end up being drafted by another team.)

So it's down to Daryl Macon, Davon Reed, and Chris Silva, and Kyle Alexander. Strictly on need, Kyle Alexander & Chris Silva are the best choices. They are both solid in the front court, which, if we have injuries, is where we will most have problems. We have plenty of depth on the wing and backcourt. With respect to shooting talent, I've got Macon above even Reed, who is very good. Macon was great at Arkansas, hitting 3's with surgical precision, and he even played well for Dallas in short minutes last season.

Reed, born 6/11/1995, is 24 & 128 days. 6'5", 208 (these aren't barefoot measures) and played 31 NBA games with 1 start.

Macon, born 11/29/1994, is 23 & 322 days, 6'3", 185. He's played 8 games, has 90 minutes, and 5 for 11 from beyond the arc. He shot over 42% in college the last season he played on over 7 attempts per game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/daryl-macon-1.html

Kyle Alexander, 6'11" & 222 lbs, started every game the last two seasons at Tennessee. He was very good and is the type of player the Heat like, maximum effort all the time. Born Oct 21, 1996 so 4 days away from his 23 birthday.

Silva has a bit more range to his game, and at 6'9" & 234, is a juggernaut under the rim. Heat fans see a lot of Udonis in him. He turned 23 on Sept 19 and was great at South Carolina.

It looks to me like the Heat will take Reed and Silva based on their summer performances. They seem like good choices to me too. The others will likely all be at Sioux Falls in November.
Firespo
Junior
And1: 533

Post#6 » by Firespo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:16 pm

In what world is Bam a Forward?
gom

Post#7 » by gom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Firespo wrote:In what world is Bam a Forward?

He plays forward and center. At Kentucky he played power forward most of the time.

Return to Miami Heat