ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread - Part 1 - Can You Feel It?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread - Part 1 - Can You Feel It? 

Post#1961 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 am

Trying to figure out how we trade for Adams by using JJ and Waiters? Why in the world does OKC do this when they all have same year deals? I also saw Leonard's name thrown in.

That guy has a been a boon to our team chemistry and does exactly his job playing along side Bam who needs to have someone who can atleast threaten a team with an outside shot. Some think Spo wants to play a big center who can't shoot next to Bam?

I thought we went through this already with Hassan. Spo refused to play those two together. Adams is not the guy even though i'm a big fan of his. Also when i see us tossing in a FRP as a carrot i sit back and think again how and why a team like OKC trades for two bums making the same amount of money as a player who's way better then what's coming back all for a 2025 FRP(first eligible pick to trade)?

OKC is loaded with picks. They are probably way better off just sitting tight with Adams until the right deal comes along of at very least some hefty expirings. We need a semi respectable floor spacer next to Bam. Be it LMA, Turner, Love, or some one of that stretch 4/5 pedigree.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1962 » by puppa bear » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:41 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Trying to figure out how we trade for Adams by using JJ and Waiters? Why in the world does OKC do this when they all have same year deals? I also saw Leonard's name thrown in.

That guy has a been a boon to our team chemistry and does exactly his job playing along side Bam who needs to have someone who can atleast threaten a team with an outside shot. Some think Spo wants to play a big center who can't shoot next to Bam?

I thought we went through this already with Hassan. Spo refused to play those two together. Adams is not the guy even though i'm a big fan of his. Also when i see us tossing in a FRP as a carrot i sit back and think again how and why a team like OKC trades for two bums making the same amount of money as a player who's way better then what's coming back all for a 2025 FRP(first eligible pick to trade)?

OKC is loaded with picks. They are probably way better off just sitting tight with Adams until the right deal comes along of at very least some hefty expirings. We need a semi respectable floor spacer next to Bam. Be it LMA, Turner, Love, or some one of that stretch 4/5 pedigree.

I feel like Turner would be the best fit and the big I’d most prefer. If Winslow is in the package then we could end up preserving 2021 cap space as well - but we’d have to be looking at someone other than Giannis.
LMA is my “helping now while preserving the 2021 dream”pick. While Love only holds interest if he’s the final piece of a win-now all-in move.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1963 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:03 am

I know some may be thinking that 2021 is the answer for a FA, but some things to think about:

1) Bam is a restricted FA
2) Nunn is an unrestricted FA
3) Only players under contract would be Jimmy and KZ (as well as salary going to Ryan Anderson :banghead:), with team options on Winslow and Herro which would likely be accepted.
4) Salary cap could decrease due to US-China trade issues.

With those factors in mind, I think it’s much more likely a FA is acquired via trade so the Heat can use Bird rights on Bam and Nunn. Maybe by this trade deadline, but this offseason or next trade deadline when Waiters and JJ’s contract will be expiring and Heat are not held to the hard cap # is a stronger possibility too.
OP for NBA FT record
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#1964 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Adding S.Adams will only do one thing - solidify the defense at the expense of the offense.

The reason we're enjoying a free flowing productive offense is because Kelly and Leonard are good shooters and passers. If you add Adams next to Bam, you'll kill what makes this offense good and fun - the spacing and passing.

What we really need to be looking for is a big that can protect the paint while shooting 3's at a decent %.

Someone like Myles Turner, Porzingis, Mo Bamba (if you believe in his potential).
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#1965 » by twix2500 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,502

Post#1966 » by Bishop45 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:42 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:I'd buy Adams over Love/Aldridge, there's just not a reality where Adams is worth that contact.

I'd fish in the bungalows for TT before I commit to that. Doesn't really solve our PF liability issue either, but an easy fix-- defensively-- if Spo stops playing with JJ's name

it would seem as if a lot of what we think we need is already on this roster..they're just injured or in the dog house. I do still see the need for a utility big with a little more weight than Silva, Thompson is the name [and contract] that I like.

Same here. Outside of another top 15 talent, there's few trades I'd make an effort for. Our lack of size isn't as big of an issue as our lack of focus on the defensive end and we already have the Intel to deal with that. If we did make a trade to curb the potential liability at the 4, I'd go as cheap as possible with TT/Randle at the forefront; although I don't think Knicks would trade Randle without a decent young piece to boot(I'd add Okpala/DJJ to whatever salary needed tho)
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,502

Post#1967 » by Bishop45 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:49 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Trying to figure out how we trade for Adams by using JJ and Waiters? Why in the world does OKC do this when they all have same year deals? I also saw Leonard's name thrown in.

Leonard's next to useless against athletic front courts, and same with Kelly some nights. I wouldn't replace him with Steven Adams, but if we want to compete with the big dogs, I'd replace him with someone who could hang on both ends at that level; we can all agree that while Meyers is a hard worker he's not that player
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Post#1968 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

Leonard's next to useless against athletic front courts, and same with Kelly some nights. I wouldn't replace him with Steven Adams, but if we want to compete with the big dogs, I'd replace him with someone who could hang on both ends at that level; we can all agree that while Meyers is a hard worker he's not that player

Not saying Leonard is that guy but i'm willing to hold onto him and keep him around as a bench big if we do usher in an upgrade. I think at this point we deal KO over Leonard. On another note fire up a new a season thread before DOP does.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#1969 » by greg4012 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:38 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:What about this stud? , I know he is not from the 2017 draft but what a gem the ex-Lebrons got, oof

Read on Twitter

He's outplayed his draft position so far, based on his advanced stats. Here's the link:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2019.html

You have to scroll down a bit to find him. He's in the bottom 20s. He got drafted 30th though, so that's value. Good call Dr.

Considering he wanted him with our pick at 13, is it a good call?

Return to Miami Heat