ImageImageImage

Detroit Pistons @ Miami Heat - 11/12/19 7:30 PM - Tuesday

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Re: Detroit Pistons @ Miami Heat - 11/12/19 7:30 PM - Tuesday 

Post#501 » by Bishop45 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:37 am

AirP. wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:It's a fantasy, Center's aren't cut to dominate this game. Simmons wasn't the sole reason they lost to the C's in 5, the latter is

Sure, but they had Butler last seasonr and could have used a 3&D guy instead of Simmons. Butler's far from the perfect player but he's exactly what Embiid needs to duo with. Hopefully Bam can become nearly as good for rim protectionas Embiid(although he doesn't have the same size as Embiid).

That, I can agree on. Biid had Jimmy, Harris, and JJ Redick and couldn't get it done; I'm just saying that I'm not taking a C to headline based on that(and other center led teams). Waay too easy to dump the L's on Simmons, especially if the alternative is supposed to get Biid a ring
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,840

Post#502 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 am

Bishop45 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:It's a fantasy, Center's aren't cut to dominate this game. Simmons wasn't the sole reason they lost to the C's in 5, the latter is

Sure, but they had Butler last seasonr and could have used a 3&D guy instead of Simmons. Butler's far from the perfect player but he's exactly what Embiid needs to duo with. Hopefully Bam can become nearly as good for rim protectionas Embiid(although he doesn't have the same size as Embiid).

That, I can agree on. Biid had Jimmy, Harris, and JJ Redick and couldn't get it done; I'm just saying that I'm not taking a C to headline based on that(and other center led teams). Waay too easy to dump the L's on Simmons, especially if the alternative is supposed to get Biid a ring

I'm not saying a center can do it by himself, he needs a very good scoring playmaker on his team. Yeah, you can't just dump the ball down unless you're getting people into foul trouble doing that or are highly efficient.
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#503 » by Majestic7 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:43 am

Coach Spo…

Read on Twitter
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#504 » by IggieCC » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:02 am

1st half highlights

2nd half highlights
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
AirP.
RealGM

Post#505 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:20 am

Read on Twitter
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#506 » by goodboy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 am

IggieCC wrote:1st half highlights

2nd half highlights

LMAOO
Bright
AirP.
RealGM

Post#507 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:20 am

Read on Twitter
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#508 » by zgope1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 am

great to see Kendrick work his way back into some scoring form. He's got the ability to start cooking so we need him active. When he shoots well we're pretty unstoppable.

Bam makes things tough for opposition too when he is nice and trigger happy with his push shots. It makes everyone cut around him fiercer and defences freeze up.

Great to see Duncan doing his bit on both ends. I actually love his quick feet defensively.

Jimmy and Goran are clearly enjoying playing together. Jimmy coasting and trying to make his teammates better as much as possible and Goran overqualified and dominating in his role. We paid a big price for Goran but what he's given back to the franchise has been brilliant. Love the guy
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#509 » by Rock Hardy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:41 am

I don't get a chance to catch the games, but what's the story behind the TOs? We're working at a higher pace than we have in the past, so is this just a natural side-effect, or is there noticeable room for improved ball security? I'm hoping that as the team gets more time together, they cut down on TOs through simple familiarity of tendencies, and then I expect the offense to really explode. I'm really tempted to order League Pass again, but I worry my Netflix and HBO backlog is going to always cut into the amount of time I have for game replays. Why are the dreadful Dolphins the easiest Miami team for me to watch? Ugh.

Anyway, I'm just loving the fact that the team is winning games they're supposed to win. I had my doubts about the Jimmy signing this summer, because I didn't think he was someone who you can label as a difference maker. However, while he's not a Lebron level superstar (and few are) with boatloads of talent in all aspects of the game, he's an excellent leader. You see it on and off the court. He's a grinder, and the right guy to keep this young core motivated. If he can continue to get them to give it their all, and we shave off the dead weight that can't keep up, we'll be able to extract the max performance from a roster that has more than a few gems in it. His unselfishness is also welcome, as the young bucks need the reps to build-out their games as well. JB simply gets it. Make everyone around you better, and you shine all the brighter. If we're able to sign another star next to him in the future, I hope he has Jimmy's stamp of approval. Personally, I'd love to see Giannis come here, and turn into an absolute monster. Who're Jimmy's friends in the league?
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#510 » by delanka » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:41 am

Good(boy) Game OP
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#511 » by dean456 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Rock Hardy wrote:I don't get a chance to catch the games, but what's the story behind the TOs? We're working at a higher pace than we have in the past, so is this just a natural side-effect, or is there noticeable room for improved ball security? I'm hoping that as the team gets more time together, they cut down on TOs through simple familiarity of tendencies, and then I expect the offense to really explode. I'm really tempted to order League Pass again, but I worry my Netflix and HBO backlog is going to always cut into the amount of time I have for game replays. Why are the dreadful Dolphins the easiest Miami team for me to watch? Ugh.

Anyway, I'm just loving the fact that the team is winning games they're supposed to win. I had my doubts about the Jimmy signing this summer, because I didn't think he was someone who you can label as a difference maker. However, while he's not a Lebron level superstar (and few are) with boatloads of talent in all aspects of the game, he's an excellent leader. You see it on and off the court. He's a grinder, and the right guy to keep this young core motivated. If he can continue to get them to give it their all, and we shave off the dead weight that can't keep up, we'll be able to extract the max performance from a roster that has more than a few gems in it. His unselfishness is also welcome, as the young bucks need the reps to build-out their games as well. JB simply gets it. Make everyone around you better, and you shine all the brighter. If we're able to sign another star next to him in the future, I hope he has Jimmy's stamp of approval. Personally, I'd love to see Giannis come here, and turn into an absolute monster. Who're Jimmy's friends in the league?

Our TO's could have something to do with us improving as a passing team. We were 17th in assists per game last season and this year we are currently 5th. We have also have had a shaky roster up until this point guys been in and out of rotations a lot which could lead to more turnovers, we also have two rookies playing major minutes and still getting accustomed to the NBA. Also Winslow's lack of offensive game is hurting his ability to protect the ball. He often dribbles the ball into trouble and turns it over trying to pass out of a bad situation.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,993

Post#512 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:58 pm

dean456 wrote:
Rock Hardy wrote:I don't get a chance to catch the games, but what's the story behind the TOs? We're working at a higher pace than we have in the past, so is this just a natural side-effect, or is there noticeable room for improved ball security? I'm hoping that as the team gets more time together, they cut down on TOs through simple familiarity of tendencies, and then I expect the offense to really explode. I'm really tempted to order League Pass again, but I worry my Netflix and HBO backlog is going to always cut into the amount of time I have for game replays. Why are the dreadful Dolphins the easiest Miami team for me to watch? Ugh.

Our TO's could have something to do with us improving as a passing team. We were 17th in assists per game last season and this year we are currently 5th. We have also have had a shaky roster up until this point guys been in and out of rotations a lot which could lead to more turnovers, we also have two rookies playing major minutes and still getting accustomed to the NBA. Also Winslow's lack of offensive game is hurting his ability to protect the ball. He often dribbles the ball into trouble and turns it over trying to pass out of a bad situation.
the pistons started to play zone defense agaisnt the heat and they almost screwed up because couldnt handle it properly.good thing that they were shorthanded too because otherwise it could been a loss
AirP.
RealGM

Post#513 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Rock Hardy wrote:Who're Jimmy's friends in the league?

Lowry and DeRozan

K.Irving - Who listed Minnesota(with Butler) as a trade destination from Cleveland

D.Jordan

J.Embiid

K.Leonard rumored to have asked Butler to join him with the Clippers(would have left them with an even stronger Clipper team without having to trade for George)

Melo - who was with Butler and Wade playing cards while overseas when Butler got the call he'd been traded to Minnesota.

Would be interesting if Miami could pry 2 of Butler's friends from Memphis, ~17 million combined for this year's contracts. Both would fit in with Miami's culture.
Jae Crowder - Fellow Marquette alumni who both usually play hard against each other.
Tyus Jones - Butler chartered him a private plane to go see his brother play his first game with Duke.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#514 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Post#515 » by Bishop45 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Yea' I don't get why Butler feels the need to be unctuous to show ppl he's a good teammate, but if it's important to him- why not
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#516 » by caliban » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:51 pm

He is selling Miami as a good destination with a functional working environment to another difference maker.
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,251

Post#517 » by twix2500 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 pm

AirP. wrote:

Lowry and DeRozan

K.Irving - Who listed Minnesota(with Butler) as a trade destination from Cleveland

D.Jordan

J.Embiid

K.Leonard rumored to have asked Butler to join him with the Clippers(would have left them with an even stronger Clipper team without having to trade for George)

Melo - who was with Butler and Wade playing cards while overseas when Butler got the call he'd been traded to Minnesota.

Would be interesting if Miami could pry 2 of Butler's friends from Memphis, ~17 million combined for this year's contracts. Both would fit in with Miami's culture.
Jae Crowder - Fellow Marquette alumni who both usually play hard against each other.
Tyus Jones - Butler chartered him a private plane to go see his brother play his first game with Duke.
Crowder could be a buyout player after the trade deadline. I'm sure Heat inquired about Crowder. He fits well the 3D role the Heat are looking for. I would think the Heat ideally prefer more length and deeper shooter like Covington. But they would certainly take Crowder.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#518 » by MadD23 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:05 pm

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Lowry and DeRozan

D.Jordan

J.Embiid

Crowder could be a buyout player after the trade deadline. I'm sure Heat inquired about Crowder. He fits well the 3D role the Heat are looking for. I would think the Heat ideally prefer more length and deeper shooter like Covington. But they would certainly take Crowder.

Covington would be ideal, but any of those two guys would make us a better team next to Butler.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#519 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Yea' I don't get why Butler feels the need to be unctuous to show ppl he's a good teammate, but if it's important to him- why not

I think this is how he is, he's a goofy and strong personality, he hams it up both on the court and off. The going overboard for "lesser" roster players isn't new for Butler, he really would hype Tyus Jones up when in Minnesota.

Spoiler:
AirP.
RealGM

Post#520 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:22 pm

MadD23 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Crowder could be a buyout player after the trade deadline. I'm sure Heat inquired about Crowder. He fits well the 3D role the Heat are looking for. I would think the Heat ideally prefer more length and deeper shooter like Covington. But they would certainly take Crowder.

Covington would be ideal, but any of those two guys would make us a better team next to Butler.

Crowder isn't being bought out, he's on the last of his great value contract and is currently starting in Memphis. Crowder will be a very good trade piece this year because of his 3&d abilities but more importantly, his very small contract(just under 8 million).

Covington probably will only be moved to add another core piece that fits with Minnesota's timeline(Towns). Minnesota more than likely still have their sights on D-Lo. GS with their timetable need to use Russell to rebuild the team around Curry, Thompson and Green. If you can get Covington, Culver and some other parts for D-Lo, you've really rebuilt GS's depth on the run.

Return to Miami Heat