ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Re: 2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now 

Post#141 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:45 pm

A big NO to Nico Mannion.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,214

Post#142 » by twix2500 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:12 am

Precious Achiuwa

I really like the idea of this kid next to Bam. I think he would be a hellava enforcer sidekick for Bam. Excellent off the ball on offense, and very strong defender.Image

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,462

Post#143 » by Bishop45 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:30 am

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#144 » by gom » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 pm

twix2500 wrote:Precious Achiuwa

I really like the idea of this kid next to Bam. I think he would be a hellava enforcer sidekick for Bam. Excellent off the ball on offense, and very strong defender.Image

Solid player. I watched him back in a January game vs UCF. 7-15 with 18 points and 13 rebounds. Hit some important free throws too.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#145 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Right now, I'm drafting Paul Reed over Isaiah Stewart. Reed's defense just has a high chance of translating to the NBA.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#146 » by twix2500 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Imagine him next to Bam. He is a lot bigger and stronger version of DJJ that has a jumper. Can move laterally and vertically as a defender. Shows potential to put ball on the floor and finish
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#147 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:02 pm

twix2500 wrote:

Imagine him next to Bam. He is a lot bigger and stronger version of DJJ that has a jumper. Can move laterally and vertically as a defender. Shows potential to put ball on the floor and finish

His FT% isn't very good. Even if he was available, I probably wouldn't draft him over Jalen Smith.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#148 » by Bishop45 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 6:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,736

Post#149 » by DayofMourning » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Would probably take Anthony Edwards if I was forced to keep the 1st overall pick.

The Melo Ball hype has reached unfathomable levels. People are talking about him as a homerun type pick at number one. That's mind bogglingly crazy to me. I have to take off my glasses, wipe them clean, put them back on and check to see if someone was crazy enough to write that. CBS mentioned it in their most recent mock.

CBS also has Maxey going 5th....

I'm very content picking where we do. Let all the teams who draft lottery every single year draft another one of these kids, who's a marginal player, way to high. I mean, they've got to draft guys who're available, but the unrealistic expectations they put on these kids is something else. It's really like they're just daydreaming. Instead of focusing on what a guy can do and the intangible traits that make a quality player, they focus on the magical world of upside. What if that kid could become a passer like Jason Kidd? What if he could shoot like Curry? He's a 6'5" power player...what if he's the next Barkley?
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#150 » by Bishop45 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Wonder how and if they plan to do draft workouts, anyway- Josh Green/Manu/Cassius Stanley

Rest in Power Chadwick

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by DayofMourning » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Wonder how and if they plan to do draft workouts, anyway- Josh Green/Manu/Cassius Stanley

I'd love to somehow get Nesmith and Jalen Smith this year. Really solidify our shooting and get inside help for Bam.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#152 » by twix2500 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:50 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Wonder how and if they plan to do draft workouts, anyway- Josh Green/Manu/Cassius Stanley

I'd love to somehow get Nesmith and Jalen Smith this year. Really solidify our shooting and get inside help for Bam.

Lawdy :o
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#153 » by Bishop45 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:45 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

At 24/23 I don't care for BPA, gimme whoever might have a .0164 chance of being a star and then the best fit player out there

We really should've got a second pic for either of Goran/DJJ, or hell Winslow even

Rest in Power Chadwick

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by DayofMourning » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:19 am

Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

At 24/23 I don't care for BPA, gimme whoever might have a .0164 chance of being a star and then the best fit player out there

We really should've got a second pic for either of Goran/DJJ, or hell Winslow even

I'd rather get a guy I feel good about than take a gamble on a guy who has a lot to prove. Guys usually don't last till the 20s if they are going to be a superstar. Refresh my memory as to the last time that happened. When did a guy taken 23 or later turn into a certified star?

I would rather manage my assets as best as I could and have a greater chance at a quality player a team might entertain in a trade for a star at the least. Kinda like JRich did for us. Kid had a definite ceiling, but he centered the deal to get an allstar in Butler at the right time.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#155 » by DayofMourning » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:28 am

twix2500 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Boy can shoot the ball. He's a bit more consistent than a guy who starts for us right now. Just for comparison, who'd you rather have, Nunn or Nesmith?
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#156 » by Bishop45 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:22 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I'd rather get a guy I feel good about than take a gamble on a guy who has a lot to prove. Guys usually don't last till the 20s if they are going to be a superstar. Refresh my memory as to the last time that happened. When did a guy taken 23 or later turn into a certified star?

I would rather manage my assets as best as I could and have a greater chance at a quality player a team might entertain in a trade for a star at the least. Kinda like JRich did for us. Kid had a definite ceiling, but he centered the deal to get an allstar in Butler at the right time.

Siakam/Jokic, but I'm not impartial to a Rich if we can find one. Which we can, one of similar value comes through every yr

Rest in Power Chadwick

twix2500
RealGM

Post#157 » by twix2500 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:23 am

DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Boy can shoot the ball. He's a bit more consistent than a guy who starts for us right now. Just for comparison, who'd you rather have, Nunn or Nesmith?
Think that's an unfair question. Nunn was a rookie of the year candidate. Nunn was shooting lights out until defenders figured him out. Doubt Nesmith would be available if that type of expectation was put on him. Especially you are looking at no summer league.

But I like what I see in his shooting game and shooting fundamentals. Scouting reports say he is a hellava definder. Scouting reports say he not much of a ball handler but in some of the highlights I see potential. I like what I see thou.

It will be interesting to see the direction the Heat go in the draft. I do believe the Heat will dangle Olynyk as trade bait during the draft and summer.

Something doesn't sit right with me on Jalen Smith. He moves like a 7 footer but is barely 6'10. Doesn't look very physical to compensate the lack of height. But at our draft slot, beggars can't be choosers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#158 » by DayofMourning » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:58 pm

twix2500 wrote:Think that's an unfair question. Nunn was a rookie of the year candidate. Nunn was shooting lights out until defenders figured him out. Doubt Nesmith would be available if that type of expectation was put on him. Especially you are looking at no summer league.

But I like what I see in his shooting game and shooting fundamentals. Scouting reports say he is a hellava definder. Scouting reports say he not much of a ball handler but in some of the highlights I see potential. I like what I see thou.

It will be interesting to see the direction the Heat go in the draft. I do believe the Heat will dangle Olynyk as trade bait during the draft and summer.

Something doesn't sit right with me on Jalen Smith. He moves like a 7 footer but is barely 6'10. Doesn't look very physical to compensate the lack of height. But at our draft slot, beggars can't be choosers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like Nunn. He started out hot, but how long did that really last? Maybe 10 games. From what I saw, he was getting the same shots as he always did, he was just missing them. He's a bit streaky. His bad streaky can last several games too. Thing is, if he wasn't hitting shots, what else was he contributing? He became a turnstile on defense very quickly.

Per bkref, his O Rating, his calling card contribution was a 106, and his defensive rating was 113. He was a negative in both offensive and defensive RPM.

Now, I'm not saying the kid can't improve, but I think a 6'0" streaky scorer who contributes minimally in about every other on court category is someone we can think about upgrading.

Just looking at the draft for upgrades for our current roster. I feel like our interior deficit looms the largest, as Bam needs a PJ Brown type to help him like Zo had. If we can't get a guy who can contribute and save Bam some defensive effort, then I'd like to see a guy who's more consistent battle Nunn for minutes.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#159 » by DayofMourning » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:09 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Siakam/Jokic, but I'm not impartial to a Rich if we can find one. Which we can, one of similar value comes through every yr

How do you feel about Aleksej Poku? If we go international, which seems unlikely, then he's a guy I'd be interested in. Looks like he contributes at a high level in several categories. He's a project, but I like the versatility. Don't know about his personality or mental makeup, which is very important to me personally.

I like a lot of guys projected in the 20ish range. I like several guys projected to go second round as well. I think we should attempt to get two guys out of this class, as Dragic might be gone, and DJJ as well. As I mentioned, Nunn needs some competition for his spot as well.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#160 » by Bishop45 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:14 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Siakam/Jokic, but I'm not impartial to a Rich if we can find one. Which we can, one of similar value comes through every yr

How do you feel about Aleksej Poku? If we go international, which seems unlikely, then he's a guy I'd be interested in. Looks like he contributes at a high level in several categories. He's a project, but I like the versatility. Don't know about his personality or mental makeup, which is very important to me personally.

I like a lot of guys projected in the 20ish range. I like several guys projected to go second round as well. I think we should attempt to get two guys out of this class, as Dragic might be gone, and DJJ as well. As I mentioned, Nunn needs some competition for his spot as well.

Haven't looked into him, but will do my googles. Criminal that we might get next to nothing for DJJ/Dragic/Winslow, gotta hope we bank off of capspace, assets, and our remaining firsts these next few yrs

Return to Miami Heat