ImageImageImage

Miami Heat @ Brooklyn Nets - 12/1/2019 Sunday 3PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Re: Miami Heat @ Brooklyn Nets - 12/1/2019 Sunday 3PM EST 

Post#461 » by Spacely » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:40 pm

Wiltside wrote:Really thought that Harris trey was the dagger. Huge to pull this W out after that.

Had to summon the heart of the cards on this one
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#462 » by Tony15 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:43 pm

When Irving gets back, Atkinson needs to find a way to maybe stagger Irving and Spencer Dinwiddies minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#463 » by Majestic7 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#464 » by twix2500 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:58 pm

al bondiga wrote:
Tony15 wrote:Lol at the downplaying. Without Kyrie, the Nets are a better “TEAM”. The idea of Irving being a winning player is a ship that sailed after his Boston stint imo.

We didn’t play great on either end consistently, but we found a way. This is a very quality win against a team that’s been playing very well.

We do need to play better though, as TOR & BOS are huge steps up in weight class.

somebody posted that this might well B a playoff matchup, If that is the Case they Will have Durant, Irving... we are losing big if that is the case... we need at least two other Stars
Good love to see a fresh off an Achilles Durant

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#465 » by twix2500 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:07 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

If Bam stop hesistating when he left wide open, he would likely have 24 pts and 16 rbs.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#466 » by Majestic7 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:24 am

Next up Toronto. Meanwhile Raps up on Utah 77 - 37 at the half. :-o
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#467 » by Tony15 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:26 am

Shame too, because we all know he can hit those.

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,703

Post#468 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:34 am

Tony15 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Glad we got our first road win of the year, even though KI and KD were on load management.

Nets were playing very well. We’re 6-5 on the road thus far. Unless you’re trying a thing, then forgive me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Just being sarcastic. I'm not serious like goodboy.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#469 » by goodboy » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:09 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Tony15 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Glad we got our first road win of the year, even though KI and KD were on load management.

Nets were playing very well. We’re 6-5 on the road thus far. Unless you’re trying a thing, then forgive me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Just being sarcastic. I'm not serious like goodboy.

we beat suns though
Bright
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#470 » by zgope1 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:13 am

great to start the road trip with a win that gritty. we're a good shooting team but tonight they weren't falling and we fought through it anyway. Justise's defence is clearly important to the team. His corner 3s will drop eventually we have enough evidence to believe that. He's stiffened up the defence really nicely and then the two guys playing better of Herro, D Rob and Dragic can do the closing.

BKN has no way to score when we had Bam, D Rob, Justise and Jimmy all out there. We were showing and recovering and blitzing and Dinwiddie didn't have the answers.

And to those saying they didn't have Kyrie, they play a much less accountable, poor defensive style with Kyrie up to now. So just take the W and be happy.
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#471 » by MadD23 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 3:59 am

2 Reasons we almost lost this game: 1. Spo 2. Winslow

3 Reasons why we won this game: 1. Luck 2. Dragic 3. Butler
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#472 » by zgope1 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 4:09 am

zgope1 wrote:great to start the road trip with a win that gritty. we're a good shooting team but tonight they weren't falling and we fought through it anyway. Justise's defence is clearly important to the team. His corner 3s will drop eventually we have enough evidence to believe that. He's stiffened up the defence really nicely and then the two guys playing better of Herro, D Rob and Dragic can do the closing.

BKN has no way to score when we had Bam, D Rob, Justise and Jimmy all out there. We were showing and recovering and blitzing and Dinwiddie didn't have the answers.

And to those saying they didn't have Kyrie, they play a much less accountable, poor defensive style with Kyrie up to now. So just take the W and be happy.

i forgot to mention Kung Fu Kenny in that rotation mix. Good to have so many options.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,828

Post#473 » by Wiltside » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:21 am

MadD23 wrote:2 Reasons we almost lost this game: 1. Spo 2. Winslow

I realize we have polar opposite views with respect to Winslow and what he adds to the team, but the fact is he was +8 on the court tonight. That was second behind Robinson’s +14.

I’d wager he’d be one of our higher +/- guys on the roster.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#474 » by MadD23 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:37 am

Wiltside wrote:
MadD23 wrote:2 Reasons we almost lost this game: 1. Spo 2. Winslow

I realize we have polar opposite views with respect to Winslow and what he adds to the team, but the fact is he was +8 on the court tonight. That was second behind Robinson’s +14.

I’d wager he’d be one of our higher +/- guys on the roster.

Deceiving numbers imo. That's when we went from down 8 to up 3 in crunch time. The Nets shocking, Butler and Dragic had a lot to do with it. That plus minus tells us nothing when it comes to how Winslow helped us win. The eyes, do tell a complete different story.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,434

Post#475 » by MartyConlonJr » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:27 am

Winslow has had these +/-:
+22 vs Memphis in a 19 point win
+16 vs Milwaukee in a 5 point win
-1 vs Minnesota in a 7 point loss
+10 vs Atlanta in a 15 point win
-4 vs Denver in a 20 point loss
+3 vs Houston in a 9 point loss
+6 vs Warriors in a 17 point win
+8 vs Nets in a 3 point win

Seems to consistently be a positive on the floor and even when he was a minus, the team was better with him on the floor than when he was off.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#476 » by Rock Hardy » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:00 am

I complained at halftime about Winslow stuffing up our offense, but his defensive effort down the stretch is why I remain optimistic about what he can bring to the team. I really think he needs to get back into the starting lineup. I don't like him on the 2nd unit with Goran. I think we saw in this game that he kinda diminishes what Goran can do, and he doesn't work that well off the ball. Justise, Jimmy, and Bam present a formidable defense, that is versatile enough to guard any lineup without obscene length. DRob has earned his starter minutes with his sharp shooting at his size, meaning you have the option of swapping in Nunn for small matchups, or Leonard/Olynyk for size.

It's been said since he was a rookie, but Justise really needs to develop a reliable 3pt shot. The rest of his game is serviceable to great, but he's a liability with a limited perimeter shot. I'm glad he keeps shooting, though. That confidence will be important for when he gets hot. Plus, the reps during live ball action will help him to hone his range. He wasn't missing badly in this game, and sank an important one down the stretch, that kept the deficit close. We may not be as efficient offensively with him out there, but we won't bleed points to a grab bag of garbage pail kids like the Nets had today. Something called Joe Harris looked like a stud out there, killing us both inside and out. Justise helps with stuff like that.

I think Goran is in his element when he has the ball in his hands, running the offense. He was hot tonight, so got to help close things out as well. In a situation like that, it's okay having him share the ballhandling load with Justise. Bring the ball up, and make sure Jimmy gets a touch. It worked very well. However, for those crucial 2nd unit minutes in the first half, I like Goran and Tyler in the backcourt with that Dragon Drip/Slovenian Swag, as I think they play a nice game together. Silva gobbling up boards, with KO and DJJ, it's a good energy unit that can light up weaker benches, and help sustain a lead.

We're not a contender yet, but it's a solid base to build on. Every piece in the 9-10 man rotation currently serves a purpose.
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#477 » by caliban » Mon Dec 2, 2019 11:28 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:Winslow has had these +/-:
+22 vs Memphis in a 19 point win
+16 vs Milwaukee in a 5 point win
-1 vs Minnesota in a 7 point loss
+10 vs Atlanta in a 15 point win
-4 vs Denver in a 20 point loss
+3 vs Houston in a 9 point loss
+6 vs Warriors in a 17 point win
+8 vs Nets in a 3 point win

Seems to consistently be a positive on the floor and even when he was a minus, the team was better with him on the floor than when he was off.

yea, I did look into the early la-rapm data yesterday and as usual Winslow is a massive contributor. Team is just always better when he's on the floor like in the past.

pm points towards the main weakness on the roster so far being defending the opponents point of attack with Herro/Dragic as the main targets. No surprise there really but maybe something that can be hidden better or improved upon (Herro) going forward.

Butler Winnie Bam should close. I'd like them to start as well but its clear that they hesitate on who to remove to the bench. They need a lot of shooting around them optimally. Think I like Duncan the best on the side but whatever. Would have been nice to have Winslow on Din early last night to stop him from get going.
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,420

Post#478 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Dec 2, 2019 4:33 pm

Glad about the W, but this team as currently constructed has a very limited ceiling. Which i guess we already knew.

For us to truly contend, Bam/Justise have to a take a MAJOR offesive leap, and we need another Star player to help Jimmy carry us.

This really wasn't a impressive game. Our best player was soon to be geezer Dragon. All the young guys showed they're too raw/underdeveloped to be big playoffs factors.

I'm worried none of them has the offensive talent to be a true legit scorer, expect Herro but he's at least 2 years away from being playoff ready. (meaning being a top 2 scorer on an ECF level team).
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,371

Post#479 » by MHeat0279 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:46 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Glad about the W, but this team as currently constructed has a very limited ceiling. Which i guess we already knew.

For us to truly contend, Bam/Justise have to a take a MAJOR offesive leap, and we need another Star player to help Jimmy carry us.

This really wasn't a impressive game. Our best player was soon to be geezer Dragon. All the young guys showed they're too raw/underdeveloped to be big playoffs factors.

I'm worried none of them has the offensive talent to be a true legit scorer, expect Herro but he's at least 2 years away from being playoff ready. (meaning being a top 2 scorer on an ECF level team).

what worries me the most is our rookies are very weak defensively, offensive players blow by Nunn and Herro all the time, i have seen a better improvement from Robinson, they definitely can score the basketball, but my God their defense is very suspect. On the other hand we have Winslow, very solid defensive player but his offense is non existent, this is not about giving him more time and hope for some magical reason he will develop a consistent jumper, he is what he is, i just dont think he will ever be a good offensive player. Should be included in a trade if it lands us Beal or some other offensive weapon.
what i see here is a very solid core, still need another star to make a difference, but the core we have is very very solid to surround Jimmy and another star player.
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Post#480 » by BKSZN » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:53 am

zgope1 wrote:great to start the road trip with a win that gritty. we're a good shooting team but tonight they weren't falling and we fought through it anyway. Justise's defence is clearly important to the team. His corner 3s will drop eventually we have enough evidence to believe that. He's stiffened up the defence really nicely and then the two guys playing better of Herro, D Rob and Dragic can do the closing.

Good win and defensive stand in the end, but Spencer did barely miss a layup that could of put us up :( that ball just said “nope” and rolled out the rim. Then Joe missing :( Miami grinded that one.

Return to Miami Heat