ImageImageImage

Around the NBA streets Vol. 4: YEPPIE!

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Re: Around the NBA streets Vol. 4: YEPPIE! 

Post#1421 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:13 am

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,995

Post#1422 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Image
i know that am late to the choir but when i heard the news that kobe was killed on a helicopter crash i was in disbelief. moreso that his daughter died along with him.terrible news indeed.he was a great champion and one of the bests athletes of our millennial era he was on par (in my opinion) with jordan as a competitor and athlete.i think that the basketball world will miss him.RIP MAMBA :(
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#1423 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:53 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

:cry:

THEY WERE FRIENDS MY DOCTOR SAW HIM ONCE EATING DINNER WITH KOBE IN SOUTH BEACH A FEW YEARS AGO. sorry for the caps but this shows us that we do NOT know WHEN are going to depart from this world so my advice to all of you is to tell how much you love your loved ones,tell them each day because your life could be gone in an instant like that
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#1424 » by Majestic7 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:03 am

LOVE this!! Pure shooter.

Read on Twitter
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1425 » by IggieCC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 am

No words..

RIP Kobe, Gigi, and other victims in this tragic accident.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1426 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:44 am

I’m sad brehs
OP for NBA FT record
County of Wade
Veteran
And1: 7,818

Post#1427 » by County of Wade » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:56 am

Was a punch to the gut when the news popped up. But holy hell did it get much worse when you heard his daughter and another kid were also with him. RIP to all the victims and all the strength to their family members.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,257

Post#1428 » by twix2500 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:05 am

Heat3 wrote:I get that Kobe wore #24, but taking a 24 second shot clock violation is kind of a weird tribute. Didn't hear about anyone doing an 8 second rule violation either. That would be equally strange. It's like hey we respect you so much that we'll turn the ball over in your honor...I guess they couldn't think of anything better on such short notice.

Nice tribute by the Mavs. Wonder if that will get people off the Heat's back for retiring #23 or maybe put pressure to retire #24 too?

A lot of people are trying to cope with the unexpected news. Its normal to see some weird reactions. Its gonna take time for the league emotions to settle down. Players dont know if they should go public or go do something in private. Everyone in a state of confusion. I lost two best friends last year and plenty of other love ones in the past. So unfortunately Iv seen this way too much. The only difference is this is being played out on TV. There is no right or wrong way, as long as you dont hurt yourself or others. Sad day for the NBA and the sports world.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#1429 » by goodboy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 am

GopherIt! wrote:It was extremely foggy last night and today here all around LA. They can get wicked thick fog over the mountain ranges where the crash occurred especially this time of year. The most dangerous times tend to be morning and at dusk. I’m very surprised they we’re flying a chopper in that weather. Even LAPD had grounded their choppers. So sad.

One of the reports suggested that one of the pilows refused to fly in those conditions etc...

Not sure how reliable but either way, someone is gone way too soon, as well as someone who hasnt even started her life yet.

Condolences to all the lives lost.
Bright
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#1430 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:14 am

FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#1431 » by FlashFlare » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:27 am

I'm so sad right now. I'm still in shock and want to believe it's just a bad dream :cry:
RIP Kobe and GiGi :cry:
100% WADEaboo
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,714

Post#1432 » by Umbooki » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:47 am

Twitter is full of emotional videos and messages and it hurts so much. We really have all these NBA legends from the 60s, 70s, etc... chillin and doing their own thing way after they’ve stopped playing.

Kobe’s been retired for less than four years and just barely started his next chapter before we got to an abrupt end. No HoF speech. No more game breakdowns. No more images or videos of him hanging out courtside with his family. There’s no more Kobe, man. No more GiGi.

Read on Twitter

It hurts so much and I sincerely hope Vanessa and the rest of the family stay strong.
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#1433 » by somerandomdude » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:55 am

Heat3 wrote:I get that Kobe wore #24, but taking a 24 second shot clock violation is kind of a weird tribute. Didn't hear about anyone doing an 8 second rule violation either. That would be equally strange. It's like hey we respect you so much that we'll turn the ball over in your honor...I guess they couldn't think of anything better on such short notice.

Nice tribute by the Mavs. Wonder if that will get people off the Heat's back for retiring #23 or maybe put pressure to retire #24 too?

literally lol'd when I read that.
J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Post#1434 » by J-House » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:57 am

Honestly think that the NBA should make Kobe the new logo.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1435 » by puppa bear » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:11 am

Kobe’s passing is sad, and I’m still processing it. Such a terrible thing to wake up to.

As much as he will always be remembered for his on-court contributions, I truly believe he was still yet to make his biggest contributions to basketball - both men’s and women’s forms of the sport. His daughters were always going to pull him towards helping to advocate for both genders, not just the NBA. His future contributions to player development be possibly coaching was yet to be tapped into as well.

Thank you Kobe for all you’ve given, and my thoughts are with all who have felt the loss, especially his family and close friends.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1436 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:05 am

I remember watching Kobe against the Kings in the 2002 playoffs and just thinking “the Heat need someone like that.”

Then the Heat went and grabbed Caron Butler and the following year D-Wade.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1437 » by IggieCC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:07 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:I’m sad brehs

Couldn't sleep thinking about Kobe and watched a dozen highlight videos and interviews..

He got knocked for being a chucker and going 8-24 or something like that. But I've always noticed and admired that esp. in his later championship years that he's so fundamentally sound and dangerous offensively that by the time he beats his man off dribble and takes a tough fadeaway shot over a big or two defenders it doesn't really matter if the shot goes in or not, it's an easy put back for Pau Gasol or Odom or whomever is unguarded. I'm like "yeah that's an assist not a missed FG". It's like he's won the matchup before he even steps on the court because of his work ethic and the actual work he's put into. That's the level you wanna get to as an offensive player but few have reached that high obviously. A true legend.
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#1438 » by delanka » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:20 am

IggieCC wrote:

Couldn't sleep thinking about Kobe and watched a dozen highlight videos and interviews..

He got knocked for being a chucker and going 8-24 or something like that. But I've always noticed and admired that esp. in his later championship years that he's so fundamentally sound and dangerous offensively that by the time he beats his man off dribble and takes a tough fadeaway shot over a big or two defenders it doesn't really matter if the shot goes in or not, it's an easy put back for Pau Gasol or Odom or whomever is unguarded. I'm like "yeah that's an assist not a missed FG". It's like he's won the matchup before he even steps on the court because of his work ethic and the actual work he's put into. That's the level you wanna get to as an offensive player but few have reached that high obviously. A true legend.

me same
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1439 » by IggieCC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:25 am

delanka wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

me same

hold me delanka :cry:
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#1440 » by delanka » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 am

IggieCC wrote:
delanka wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Couldn't sleep thinking about Kobe and watched a dozen highlight videos and interviews..

me same

hold me delanka :cry:

Return to Miami Heat