ImageImageImage

Atlanta @ Miami - 12/10/19 at 8pm (11/12/19 @ 12pm WILT ZONE)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

County of Wade
Veteran
And1: 7,818

Re: Atlanta @ Miami - 12/10/19 at 8pm (11/12/19 @ 12pm WILT ZONE) 

Post#681 » by County of Wade » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:39 am

Read on Twitter
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,190

Post#682 » by Lilseb93 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
No problem with the overall opinion, I just think it's a cheap cop out. This talk is only drummed up by an unsubstantiated claim that we're better without Winslow... A claim only made cause guys don't like Winslow's game; peeps should keep it a buck

We're not better without Winslow. It's just harder to find a way to fit him in the rotation since a lot of our key players play in similar positions. At worse, we plug him in when we need defense more than the offense in the moment. The issue isn't really Winslow. It's our centers. We can't win the East with Kelly and Leonard. Especially with Kelly who was complete garbage tonight.

"A lot of key players play the same position"= we're better without Winslow? Just say it. Or the only other justifiable excuse for this banter, not a lover of Winslow's game

Again, I don't have a prob with the opinion; just don't use stuff like 'Well this is about Winslow being injured all the time moreso than anything else' or 'this is really about our need for a center'.... Cause it's not even close to being rational. Just keep it a buck. I don't agree with the opinion but taken honestly I would respect it

No problems at all with the folks who just blanketly say to 'trade him' cause that's what they want to see. This isn't it doe

I'm being honest though...?

Every game is different. If our backcourt and Jimmy are holding down the offense, and the problem has been defense, then somebody defensive is better in the rotation in crunch time. Tonight, we needed Winslow. And DJJ held that down in crunch time. But who do you play DJJ or Winslow when both are healthy? They are similar. I would say Winslow because his offensive game is more polished (when the floaters fall) and he has more experience. That's the questions Spo has to figure out. Winslow and Jimmy can work, but you do lose the spacing. That's my question for crunch time.

But basically you can just play Winslow and DJJ off the bench when Jimmy and Duncan sits. You can just plug him period if we need a defender.

It's all situational.

Again, Winslow isn't the issue. He was only brought up (not by me) because we were discussing a way to potentially upgrade the front court. And somebody mentioned Winslow in a trade.
Heat Culture :hug:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#683 » by KingDavid » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:41 am

Bourne85 wrote:Guys we gotta talk about Leanord. Just another no show. If this was Beasley he woulda been benched ages ago. 12 miserable minutes, did absolutely nothing again. How long is he going to be the “starter” that plays like 10min a game. Never seen that before

I thought we did this with Babbitt.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#684 » by Rock Hardy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:43 am

The Winslow talk is still premature. He hasn't had enough reps in the current team to know his real value. When we face length, or high-powered wing tandems, we'll want him on that wall. Defense is just as important as offense when games get meaningful, and he is a bonafide asset on the defensive end. Paired with Butler, name me a better pair of wing defenders. Teamed with Bam, they have length, range, and quickness to stay in front of anybody. The playoffs won't look like what we saw today, and we still need time to know if Justise has what it takes to work with Butler's team. Pump those brakes.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#685 » by Wiltside » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:45 am

You play Winslow over DJJ. That’s an easy call.

The issue is him not getting as much on ball reps with the amount of shot creators we have. Confident he’ll get some time on ball, but will need to continue to improve as an off ball threat, getting to good spots. He’ll be fine.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#686 » by goodboy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:45 am

KingDavid wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Guys we gotta talk about Leanord. Just another no show. If this was Beasley he woulda been benched ages ago. 12 miserable minutes, did absolutely nothing again. How long is he going to be the “starter” that plays like 10min a game. Never seen that before

Such a useless player
Bright
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach

Post#687 » by Lilseb93 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:54 am

Rock Hardy wrote:The Winslow talk is still premature. He hasn't had enough reps in the current team to know his real value. When we face length, or high-powered wing tandems, we'll want him on that wall. Defense is just as important as offense when games get meaningful, and he is a bonafide asset on the defensive end. Paired with Butler, name me a better pair of wing defenders. Teamed with Bam, they have length, range, and quickness to stay in front of anybody. The playoffs won't look like what we saw today, and we still need time to know if Justise has what it takes to work with Butler's team. Pump those brakes.

Exactly. At worse, Winslow is a situational piece when we need great defense from the wings more than anything. Like I said, I think his struggles on offense have to do with his lack of reps and rhythm from always being hurt. You can't simulate in game lay ups and floaters in practice. It's hard to find a rhythm when you play every other game.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,857

Post#688 » by AirP. » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:58 am

Read on Twitter
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach

Post#689 » by Lilseb93 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:22 am

Read on Twitter
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#690 » by goodboy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:02 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lmao Butler
Bright
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#691 » by Spacely » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:08 am

Lilseb93 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:I'm only talking about Winslow because other people brought it up and I was being part of the conversation. I don't have some agenda against him.

No problem with the overall opinion, I just think it's a cheap cop out. This talk is only drummed up by an unsubstantiated claim that we're better without Winslow... A claim only made cause guys don't like Winslow's game; peeps should keep it a buck

We're not better without Winslow. It's just harder to find a way to fit him in the rotation since a lot of our key players play in similar positions. At worse, we plug him in when we need defense more than the offense in the moment. The issue isn't really Winslow. It's our centers. We can't win the East with Kelly and Leonard. Especially with Kelly who was complete garbage tonight.

Silva get that contract we solid
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#692 » by Chalm Down » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:29 am

KingDavid wrote:

and haslem in big 3 era, at times
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#693 » by delanka » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:25 am

GG Opie! Aamazing
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#694 » by dean456 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:24 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Shaq clearly doesn’t watch games.

Shaq doing the same **** he always does when he feels threatened. He knows Bam's going to eclipse his accolades in a Heat uniform and he's trying to put him down publicly so the viewing audience don't buy into it. He does the same thing with nearly every center in the league.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#695 » by dean456 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Bourne85 wrote:
dean456 wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
It’s also the same guys defending him. Same guys making excuses and pointing at one or two games in 5 years where he “helped us beat the raps”. We in year 5 now fam. Nunn a wife beater has shown more promise and upside in 2 months than Winslow ever has. Same for Tyler and DRob and Bam and DJJ and the list goes on and on. It doesn’t take 5 freaking years to see if a guy has star potential or not. Those things are seen right away, you either have it, or you don’t. Enough excuses, you won’t see me crying when he is dished off to Memphis or wherever he ends up. PLENTY OF CHANCES, same ol disappointments.

Why does Winslow have to be a Star?? Is he getting paid the max or is he getting paid as a role player? These expectations are the problem with you guys quick to judge Winslow. Just give him some time to fit in and stop over reacting. WINSLOW IS STILL ONLY 23yo Robinson is 25yo and Nunn is 24yo they should be showing you more than Winslow at this point. Robinson wasn't showing you this productivity last year and neither was Nunn. Just because you've been able to watch Winslow make all his mistakes on the big stage does not mean it can't turn around for him at any point.

The heat have so many role players there is literally no other role needed. What we need is another star to play alongside Jimmy and Bam. Someone’s got to go guys. You can’t catch them all this isn’t pokemon

Why do we need to over react and say someone needs to go? We are 18-6, haven't lost at home and 4 of our 6 losses have been on the second nights of a back to back and some 3rd game in 4 nights.
We lost to MIN after winning in MIL in OT (We would have won if Jimmy was playing).
We lost to LAL after beating PHX who were hot.
We lost to Philly after beating Chicago which was our 3rd game in 4 nights.
We lost to Boston after beating Toronto in OT and was again our 3rd game in 4 nights.
The other two losses were in Denver where we always lose and in Houston who gave us a payback game after we thumped them earlier in the season.

Not to mention we have had some considerable injuries to most of our players during this stretch, Butlers missed 4 games, Dragic's missed 6 games, DJJr has missed 14 games and Winslow has missed 14 games too. In my opinion realistically it would be a massive over reaction to make a considerable trade without actually seeing what this team can do at full strength and how it fares against these teams we've lost against under better circumstances. Let's see how we play against LAL and Philly in the coming weeks should we have all our players available.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,380

Post#696 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 pm

dean456 wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Winslow just helped us get a W over Toronto on the road sans Dragic, but the mighty Hawks at home would have been too much

This is a bad faith take, ladies and fish

Like I said before, u will notice that it's the same ppl over again

It’s also the same guys defending him. Same guys making excuses and pointing at one or two games in 5 years where he “helped us beat the raps”. We in year 5 now fam. Nunn a wife beater has shown more promise and upside in 2 months than Winslow ever has. Same for Tyler and DRob and Bam and DJJ and the list goes on and on. It doesn’t take 5 freaking years to see if a guy has star potential or not. Those things are seen right away, you either have it, or you don’t. Enough excuses, you won’t see me crying when he is dished off to Memphis or wherever he ends up. PLENTY OF CHANCES, same ol disappointments.

Why does Winslow have to be a Star?? Is he getting paid the max or is he getting paid as a role player? These expectations are the problem with you guys quick to judge Winslow. Just give him some time to fit in and stop over reacting. WINSLOW IS STILL ONLY 23yo Robinson is 25yo and Nunn is 24yo they should be showing you more than Winslow at this point. Robinson wasn't showing you this productivity last year and neither was Nunn. Just because you've been able to watch Winslow make all his mistakes on the big stage does not mean it can't turn around for him at any point.

Plenty of time for Winslow to show what he has. Guess what what you see is what you get, nothing more nothing less.
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,369

Post#697 » by BaffLer » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Good morning yall.

Still amazing the Heat came back like that. You'd figure after Ray Allen's miracle three I wouldn't give up on the Heat so fast when they're down in crunch time. Never again. Still smacking myself in the head for that one.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,857

Post#698 » by AirP. » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:10 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:
Winslow was instrumental in our two most impressive victories @Milwakuee and @Toronto, and you got people questioning his value to the team.

Mental cases.

5yrs, and we point to a handful of games where Winslow did anything of note. Yet pple that want him traded are the mental cases :lol:

Winslow has consistently been a plus player his entire career. You really don’t know what you’re talking about, bro lol.

You get bent out of shape over a very solid player player who was taken with the 10th pick because he’s not a star.

But this what you do. You attempt to seek out a boogeyman on the team every year. That’s your shtick. If it wasn’t Winslow, it would be someone else.

Winslow is a solid to good player that for some reason has been elevated to untradable by a number of people on this forum, outside Miami you're not going to see people over valuing Winslow like fans do. The addition of Butler changed the need/hope of Winslow developing into a starting playmaker for this team. Plain and simple, you want Butler and Bam starting and playing a lot of minutes and you also want 3 shooters out there with them since BOTH Butler and Bam can be your playmakers. Also, on offense, Winslow is a very inefficient scorer, so when he isn't passing he's hurting the offense. Also, to accommodate Winslow on offense you have to take the ball out of Butler and Bam's hands.

To me, Winslow makes a lot of sense coming off the bench and playing Butler's role or just during the games utilizing Winslow with Bam and Butler if you want suffocating defense(which Miami will need and is valuable). What makes more sense is utilizing Winslow as a positive asset to do a consolidation trade to bring in a better player to raise the ceiling of this team. At some point this season enough people will be healthy and available to start hearing grumblings in the locker room which could end up affecting their games although I'm guessing taking "extra" time for injuries/suspensions has kept enough players inactive to keep everyone as happy as realistically possible.

You can't just trade trash and hope for a good player in return.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#699 » by Shootit » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:38 pm

RIP Young
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#700 » by Wiltside » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Shootit wrote:RIP Young

Serves him right. Dude has a hairline like goodboy.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat