ImageImageImage

Miami Underdogs vs. The Championship Favourites 1/24/20 @ 8 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,452

Re: Miami Underdogs vs. The Championship Favourites 1/24/20 @ 8 PM EST 

Post#821 » by gom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:57 pm

kidco2 wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:It was a good game but clearly we don’t have enough. Seeing Dion be some what productive is encouraging but it’s up to Spo to get the most out of him.

For this game, Dragic and Nunn would have been enough imo

and you need to add PG13 into the equation, we have no chance against the LAs.

Ok, this denies the fact that we regularly chomp on paul george almost every time he comes to Miami.

We absolutely could have won tonight without Winslow, Dragic, & Nunn, if Butler wasn't injured at the end. Yes, Kawhi is too good. It's true, but as a team, especially on D, we are very good, and some of our players (I'm looking at you, JJ) couldn't find their stride.

And it's not Caliban's fault. I didn't see any more safe hand charms after I left. What's up with that? Anyway, we were almost good enough anyhow.

Read on Twitter
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
kidco2
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#822 » by kidco2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:26 pm

gom wrote:
kidco2 wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:For this game, Dragic and Nunn would have been enough imo

Ok, this denies the fact that we regularly chomp on paul george almost every time he comes to Miami.

We absolutely could have won tonight without Winslow, Dragic, & Nunn, if Butler wasn't injured at the end. Yes, Kawhi is too good. It's true, but as a team, especially on D, we are very good, and some of our players (I'm looking at you, JJ) couldn't find their stride.

And it's not Caliban's fault. I didn't see any more safe hand charms after I left. What's up with that? Anyway, we were almost good enough anyhow.

Love the touch of nostalgia, PG13 is balling alongside 2x finals mvp with the help of deepest bench averaging 51.4ppg and we could barely win at home, lost by 15 last time we visit staples.
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#823 » by somerandomdude » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Notables:

• Herro with 0 turnovers in 40min of play and handling the ball a lot, great job. His 3pt shooting was the only blemish, statistically. Oh yeah, and those 3 straight missed FTs SMH
  • Bam with only 10 FGAs. He really should be the leading, or 2nd-leading, FGA guy on our team, but is often out-shot by our perimeter players. Blame goes to him and the coaches/players for not looking to get him involved
  • Olynyk with 19pts and 9reb, good stuff
  • JJ shot 0-9 in only 12min, holy crap that's bad
  • DRob with 5 triples on 5-8 shooting, good stuff

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,137

Post#824 » by twix2500 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:09 pm

I wonder how much has Dion practiced with the team. It really looked like he was just traded to the Heat. He looked like he had no understanding what everyone role was. He looked very out of place, especially for a player who been on this team for 4 seasons. Even thou we know he is selfish heroball player, but dam I am not sure that what he was doing last night. Heat have two days off with plenty of Banged up players including Butler. I would assume the Heat get some practice time today and Dion gets some run with the team.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,762

Post#825 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:12 pm

gom wrote:
kidco2 wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:For this game, Dragic and Nunn would have been enough imo

Read on Twitter

I've been trying to tell all y'all, Dion is likely our x-factor. But we're saturated at guard, smh. He defends better than every single guard not named Jimmy Butler on this team.

I wish he wasn't such an egotistical jackass to start the season. My jaw was on the floor in the preseason with how he played this year. I still can't believe he shot himself in the foot in the way that he did. The only way he gets minutes now outside of injury is if he comes in for Duncan and shifts Jimmy to SF on D. But DJJ loses minutes...which I don't mind at this stage. Djj is hurting us lately now that he's scouted.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,762

Post#826 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:19 pm

twix2500 wrote:I wonder how much has Dion practiced with the team. It really looked like he was just traded to the Heat. He looked like he had no understanding what everyone role was. He looked very out of place, especially for a player who been on this team for 4 seasons. Even thou we know he is selfish heroball player, but dam I am not sure that what he was doing last night. Heat have two days off with plenty of Banged up players including Butler. I would assume the Heat get some practice time today and Dion gets some run with the team.

Did we watch the same game? He was running the same routes as Nunn, but was chucking more than attacking the basket because Clippers were zoning us when he was in. You missed the ~5 or so assists he would have had if guys could hit wide open shots. He played exactly the same in the preseason and looked unstoppable then because of everyone else's gravity in space. I think we'll see more of this going forward. Wish he was in better shape right now. The man was flinging nice passes in space.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
fouled out boy
Junior
And1: 1,779

Post#827 » by fouled out boy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:28 pm

fouled out boy wrote:
gom wrote:Image

Is this Lauri Markkanen?

Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#828 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:36 pm

KingDavid wrote:
twix2500 wrote:I wonder how much has Dion practiced with the team. It really looked like he was just traded to the Heat. He looked like he had no understanding what everyone role was. He looked very out of place, especially for a player who been on this team for 4 seasons. Even thou we know he is selfish heroball player, but dam I am not sure that what he was doing last night. Heat have two days off with plenty of Banged up players including Butler. I would assume the Heat get some practice time today and Dion gets some run with the team.

Did we watch the same game? He was running the same routes as Nunn, but was chucking more than attacking the basket because Clippers were zoning us when he was in. You missed the ~5 or so assists he would have had if guys could hit wide open shots. He played exactly the same in the preseason and looked unstoppable then because of everyone else's gravity in space. I think we'll see more of this going forward. Wish he was in better shape right now. The man was flinging nice passes in space.

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,917

Post#829 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:57 pm

i'm not too mad about this loss because it was against a quality opponent.but this team has serious issues with their scoring droughts and mental lapses on defense. but yeah right now they are really overachieving
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#830 » by somerandomdude » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:19 am

Dr_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

People are talking about his performance like we won the game.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,643

Post#831 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:31 am

Need Dion to keep this up, so we can trade him to Houston for all their first round picks.
Pure_Basketball
Head Coach
And1: 6,375

Post#832 » by Pure_Basketball » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:06 am

somerandomdude wrote:Notables:

• Herro with 0 turnovers in 40min of play and handling the ball a lot, great job. His 3pt shooting was the only blemish, statistically. Oh yeah, and those 3 straight missed FTs SMH
  • Bam with only 10 FGAs. He really should be the leading, or 2nd-leading, FGA guy on our team, but is often out-shot by our perimeter players. Blame goes to him and the coaches/players for not looking to get him involved

You can tell just by looking at that box score how bad the zone is. DJJ and James Johnson come in and we got to zone, DJJ was -31, and JJ was -20. No coincidence. Let them play man to man and watch them shut down their opponents.
somerandomdude
Analyst

Post#833 » by somerandomdude » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 pm

Pure_Basketball wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
Spoiler:
Notables:

You can tell just by looking at that box score how bad the zone is. DJJ and James Johnson come in and we got to zone, DJJ was -31, and JJ was -20. No coincidence. Let them play man to man and watch them shut down their opponents.
Good point. It seems the zone went from a tactic against Philly to being the foundation of our defense. Not sure why that is. I think our team is kind of getting by with luck. I say kinda because we do go up by 20pts quite often, but we collapse, but then we somehow win games towards the end.
TMIMITW
Sixth Man
And1: 1,258

Post#834 » by TMIMITW » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Dion will never step foot on the court for us again. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about this. He will be gone by the deadline, along with Justice

Just want to know your thoughts now?
Kevin Durrant is the best WNBA player in the NBA!
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,029

Post#835 » by Bourne85 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:56 pm

TMIMITW wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Dion will never step foot on the court for us again. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about this. He will be gone by the deadline, along with Justice

Just want to know your thoughts now?

Took half the team to get injured? Pretty obvious. Plus Dion doing a lot of ass kissing lately. Plus we need to showcase him for a week or two so some sucker trades for him. Once the team is fully healthy, and no one trades for him, I see him right back in DNP list. Nice try tho

Return to Miami Heat