ImageImageImage

Leprechauns vs Bam Bam, Tuesday 1/28/20 @8p

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Re: Leprechauns vs Bam Bam, Tuesday 1/28/20 @8p 

Post#441 » by Chalm Down » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:42 am

This was a weird game. Was more focused on the inside the nba show tbh
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,870

Post#442 » by balla345 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:00 am

We really never got it in back to backs
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,192

Post#443 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:03 am

fishfuego. wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:5 players had equal or more FGAs than Bam.

If you can land a real solid big for Bam Adebayo, do it. He doesn't have that "it" factor. He's just passive as f-ck. I'd be chewing up these f-cking guys for not making an effort to get me the ball. He seems content with being a rebound / hustle guy.

THIS TEAM PLAYED really bad from O to D and also it got out rebounded and out hustled plus our 3's werent falling.yeah it was a miracle that this wasnt a blowout game by the leprechauns.

this team needs rebounders and better defender and more consistency and above all, a real super star player,jimmy nor dragic are that type of player. at any rate, i still think that this team is overachieving so strangely enough am not too mad for this loss

we also didnt have nunn and winslow....

Big time overachieving. No one predicted this team to be top 3 really, and with another Celtic W they’ll drop to 4th . So realistically the Heat will find themselves 4th in the East soon.
It is what it is.

& we need to avoid the sixers in RD1 in the playoffs
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#444 » by delanka » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:22 am

Oof
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#445 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:27 am

Detective wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:Welcome my children, join the revolution. It’s time to finally have a legit winning streak. I will lead you to the promise land unlike the previous OP’s.

All I ask you to do is believe in the “booty” and just say the magic word “Oof”

I would like my money back, please.

Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#446 » by Detective » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:32 am

Dr_Heat wrote:
Detective wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:Welcome my children, join the revolution. It’s time to finally have a legit winning streak. I will lead you to the promise land unlike the previous OP’s.

All I ask you to do is believe in the “booty” and just say the magic word “Oof”

I would like my money back, please.

In a way, it's good Spacely didn't get the new OP either. He said he was 3-1. History has shown us not to flaunt that particular sequence of Win-Loss records.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#447 » by gom » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:00 am

game thread was weak af. We all need to be better.

Also, lol on the idea of trading Bam.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#448 » by Majestic7 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:46 am

Didn't get to watch this game either. Had to DVR it. But, looking at the box score the one thing that jumps out to me is Herro. With Nunn out it was imperative that Tyler have a good scoring game. He didn't. Seems Boston just out played us in most stat categories. Playing the Celtics on the back end of back-to-backs hasn't worked out well for the Heat this season. I'm not setting off alarms over this L and certainly not calling for the Heat to trade Bam either. Couple of days rest now and we get back at it against the Magic. Need a solid bounce back W on the road.

Here's a couple post game interviews…

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,434

Post#449 » by MartyConlonJr » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:07 am

fishfuego. wrote:No one predicted this team to be top 3 really, and with another Celtic W they’ll drop to 4th . So realistically the Heat will find themselves 4th in the East soon.
It is what it is.

Lol I know it isn't your point but myself, HeatFanLifer, kobewade11 and DayofMourning all predicted 3rd seed before the season started. They are probably likely to eclipse even the most homeristic of this board predictions though so I get it ..
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#450 » by MadD23 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:00 pm

goodboy wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
goodboy wrote:Starting dion was fun while it lasted, no more. He costed us crucial possessions with stupidity. Nunn needs to get back asap

I wasn't watching the first few minutes....did Dion start, for real? It seemed like he was playing out of control and too fast. He almost slipped like 3 times. Just seemed like he was trying to do too much. He probably scared of losing his minutes. The irony is that if he plays with the lack of control he played with tonight, he will lose his minutes.

nono he didnt start lol but he played with such predictability, as always. Costed us major possessions in the fourth.

Only 2 + Heat players in this game.

Duncan +4
Dion +3

Everyone else was negative. Herro was -20 and no one is talking about him. I love Herro but he was our weakest link this game. Dion is just coming back after not playing the entire season, I think we need chill on the Waiters hate.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#451 » by radikalBaller » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Too many times hero and dion tried going at 2 defenders in the paint and got blocked, celtics followed with 3 ie 5 pts swing

Jimmy shot has been flat

Dion needs to get into shape and focus on a 3 and role

JJ needs to play over Leonard

Silva was playing hot potato with the ball but I liked his energy

Team came flat right of the bat, they are not good on back to backs
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#452 » by Majestic7 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:11 pm

MadD23 wrote:
goodboy wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
I wasn't watching the first few minutes....did Dion start, for real? It seemed like he was playing out of control and too fast. He almost slipped like 3 times. Just seemed like he was trying to do too much. He probably scared of losing his minutes. The irony is that if he plays with the lack of control he played with tonight, he will lose his minutes.

nono he didnt start lol but he played with such predictability, as always. Costed us major possessions in the fourth.

Duncan +4
Dion +3

Everyone else was negative. Herro was -20 and no one is talking about him. I love Herro but he was our weakest link this game. Dion is just coming back after not playing the entire season, I think we need chill on the Waiters hate.

Spoiler:
DJJ +6
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#453 » by fishfuego. » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:16 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:No one predicted this team to be top 3 really, and with another Celtic W they’ll drop to 4th . So realistically the Heat will find themselves 4th in the East soon.
It is what it is.

Lol I know it isn't your point but myself, HeatFanLifer, kobewade11 and DayofMourning all predicted 3rd seed before the season started. They are probably likely to eclipse even the most homeristic of this board predictions though so I get it ..

To be frank with you, I kind of predicted (if you call that a prediction) for them to be top 3-4 “if everything went well for the season”, but I thought in part it was the homer in me wishful thinking. However if you would’ve ask me to bet $1000 I would’ve gone the safe route of 5-8 seed :nod:

But they could still come off as 2nd in the East. Nothing will surprise me at this point seeing how competitive they’ve been so far, and considering many of the loses to top opponents have come on a second game of a b2b, many on the road.
MadD23
Pro Prospect

Post#454 » by MadD23 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Majestic7 wrote:
MadD23 wrote:
goodboy wrote:nono he didnt start lol but he played with such predictability, as always. Costed us major possessions in the fourth.

Duncan +4
Dion +3

Spoiler:
DJJ +6

Missed that one. Still the question is why always try to blame Waiters for stuff during games that has nothing to do with him? It's ridiculous.
MadD23
Pro Prospect

Post#455 » by MadD23 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:55 pm

radikalBaller wrote:Too many times hero and dion tried going at 2 defenders in the paint and got blocked, celtics followed with 3 ie 5 pts swing

Jimmy shot has been flat

They exploited Robinson and Herro. Those 2 need to improve siginificantly on D. That's one of the main reasons we lost. A couple of turnovers or mistakes here and there don't lose you a game, it happens, what makes you lose is not playing good D, not coming up with key rebounds and struggling to score against your opponent. The Celtics had a game plan and they executed it better than we did ours.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#456 » by twix2500 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Even I doubt this will happen. But I want the Heat to give Jimmy 3 games off. Give those minutes to Waiters and Winslow (if possibe) until the all star break. Maybe they can be showcased for a trade but at the very least get these guys caught up on how they fit in the system. The Heat would like lose those game but i think they can spare 5 games to help in the long run.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#457 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 pm

MadD23 wrote:
radikalBaller wrote:Too many times hero and dion tried going at 2 defenders in the paint and got blocked, celtics followed with 3 ie 5 pts swing

Jimmy shot has been flat

They exploited Robinson and Herro. Those 2 need to improve siginificantly on D. That's one of the main reasons we lost. A couple of turnovers or mistakes here and there don't lose you a game, it happens, what makes you lose is not playing good D, not coming up with key rebounds and struggling to score against your opponent. The Celtics had a game plan and they executed it better than we did ours.

Herro and Robinson are lacking on D, but the help defense is usually superb to cover. Have a feeling tired legs kept this from happening.
OP for NBA FT record
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#458 » by Spacely » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:32 pm

We are 3-6 in b2b’s not really worried about this L tbh
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#459 » by KingDavid » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:42 pm

gom wrote:Winslow's afro is adding inches to his height. Now he can play PF.

Enso wrote:From another forum

“ You can see what the playoff strategy will be against Miami. The Celtics just targeted Duncan Robinson (and to a lesser extent Herro) and Miami was never able to string any stops together.

Hayward was doing work.”

I guess it was that obvious smh

This won't work. Winslow will return and lock down the wings.

Lol and he won't be guarded on the other end. Smothering the lanes and killing spacing.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#460 » by KingDavid » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Told y'all about Herro and Duncan on defense. It has nothing to do with fatigue, they are BAD on defense by every measure. They're bench players that shouldn't be starting at this stage and need so much work on defense. But we don't have a choice because our start players can't shoot.

Whew, don't get your hopes up for the playoffs.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat