ImageImageImage

Heat Need to Sign Boogie Cousins

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Heat Need to Sign Boogie Cousins 

Post#1 » by Seabass777 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Demarcus Cousins is the big man that we’ve needed, we wanted to sign him this summer and had interest, however he chose the Lakers.

This would be a very beneficial relationship, Cousins can get on a great rehabilitation program, and get himself in the best shape of his career with Heat culture, and we get a big man that compliments every aspect of BAM’s game.

As much as I love Meyers Leonard, even on his best day he ain’t no Boogie Cousins, on his worst day. Heat need to take advantage of this unique opportunity, talent does not fall in your laps like this every day, high risk low reward....
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Re: Heat Need to Sign Boogie Cousins 

Post#2 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Nope. Too late in the season to add a player like that. Spobot needs an entire offseason to compute such a problem.
OP for NBA FT record
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Seabass777 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:04 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:Nope. Too late in the season to add a player like that. Spobot needs an entire offseason to compute such a problem.

We’re going to have to update the mainframe and download some new programming to Spobot’s hard drive, because not signing Boogie ASAP would be a travesty.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#4 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:39 pm

Seabass777 wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:Nope. Too late in the season to add a player like that. Spobot needs an entire offseason to compute such a problem.

We’re going to have to update the mainframe and download some new programming to Spobot’s hard drive, because not signing Boogie ASAP would be a travesty.

They patched the software during the All Star break to incorporate the new variables after the trade, but the system needs an update and that takes an offseason. Adding Cousins could crash the motherboard.
OP for NBA FT record
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#5 » by Heat3 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:08 pm

I’d take him for the minimum if all we have to do is cut an end of the bench g-leaguer type.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#6 » by IggieCC » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:10 pm

DeMarcus Cousins plans on remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers to continue rehabbing his torn ACL.

Cousins will be waived by the Lakers to create a roster spot for Markieff Morris.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257300/DeMarcus-Cousins-To-Continue-Rehabbing-Torn-ACL-With-Lakers

Read on Twitter

sounds like a rule circumvention :dontknow:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#7 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:11 am

IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
DeMarcus Cousins plans on remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers to continue rehabbing his torn ACL.

Cousins will be waived by the Lakers to create a roster spot for Markieff Morris.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257300/DeMarcus-Cousins-To-Continue-Rehabbing-Torn-ACL-With-Lakers

Read on Twitter

You’re a mod, do something about this. 14 day ban for all Lakers fans here minimum.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#8 » by IggieCC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:21 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

You’re a mod, do something about this. 14 day ban for all Lakers fans here minimum.

More importantly, what should we do about this op who seems to have forgotten that Cousins has torn achilles, quad, and acl in a span of 18 months? :dontknow:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#9 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:30 am

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

More importantly, what should we do about this op who seems to have forgotten that Cousins has torn achilles, quad, and acl in a span of 18 months? :dontknow:

Smh, Iggie trying to find logic to give everyone a ban.
OP for NBA FT record
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Seabass777 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:58 am

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Funny thing is with all those injuries Boogie still averaged 16 PPG and 8 REBS. I would still take a broken down Boogie that gives me 16 and 8, then a healthy Meyers Leonard that gives me 6 and 5, and just yells on defense. :dontknow:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#11 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:01 am

Seabass777 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

Funny thing is with all those injuries Boogie still averaged 16 PPG and 8 REBS. I would still take a broken down Boogie that gives me 16 and 8, then a healthy Meyers Leonard that gives me 6 and 5, and just yells on defense. :dontknow:

To be fair, Leonard does provide a lot of help with that yelling. He is a floor general and probably has a coaching career in the future too.

With that said, it looks like this whole release thing is riddled with conspiracy. As Iggie notes.
OP for NBA FT record
fouled out boy
Junior
And1: 1,779

Post#12 » by fouled out boy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:16 am

No
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#13 » by heat4life » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:14 pm

Why would we rush to sign a player now who will not play this season at all? Some here were complaining about Justice Winslow's injury issues and we want to bring a broken D. Cousins? Like a few on this thread have said already, this is a move you contemplate over the summer not right before a playoff run.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#14 » by BBallFreak » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Boogie's going to resign with the Lakers in the offseason, but that's neither here nor there. Unfortunately, he'll get out on the floor, average 16 and 8 over 10 games, then blow out his medial collateral anterior cruciate funny bone in his left eye socket and be done for 18 more months.

In short, no one's denying the talent, but at some point, you have to face the reality that his playing career isn't destined to be a prolonged experience...
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,117

Post#15 » by twix2500 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Seabass777 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:40 pm

BBallFreak wrote:Boogie's going to resign with the Lakers in the offseason, but that's neither here nor there. Unfortunately, he'll get out on the floor, average 16 and 8 over 10 games, then blow out his medial collateral anterior cruciate funny bone in his left eye socket and be done for 18 more months.

In short, no one's denying the talent, but at some point, you have to face the reality that his playing career isn't destined to be a prolonged experience...

Yeah your probably right, I just wish I could see into the future like you, to know for certain if that would be the case. Can you teach me to see into the future like you?
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#17 » by BBallFreak » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:34 am

Seabass777 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Boogie's going to resign with the Lakers in the offseason, but that's neither here nor there. Unfortunately, he'll get out on the floor, average 16 and 8 over 10 games, then blow out his medial collateral anterior cruciate funny bone in his left eye socket and be done for 18 more months.

Yeah your probably right, I just wish I could see into the future like you, to know for certain if that would be the case. Can you teach me to see into the future like you?

:roll:

When you want to actually engage in discussion, try putting the sarcasm down. It's not unreasonable to assume that he may get injured again....

Return to Miami Heat